FML general thread [7]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Shamsiel-kun
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby Shamsiel-kun » Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:06 am

View Original PostNemZ wrote:Is green scenic? I guess if you're not used to it, but to me it's just some boring trees.

May I recommend you find some good books about wildlife in cities? Knowing the British, you'll be very likely to find some good ones on Amazon.co.uk... ^_^

Or try moving to, say, Manhattan or some other densely populated area for a while (holiday trip?) and then back again. -o-; :devil:

(of course, as a biologist, I AM biased, but...)

But to understand my confusion, going by the way you described the road you were walking along, I pictured a 6-8-lane highway in a highly urbanised desert area where the only living thing you may see is a lonely tree planted in an isle of concrete with high 15-story 1970s apartment buildings lining the road. But I guess this is a case of "When you don't known what you're missing, you don't miss it..."

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:02 am

Meh, I generaly prefer for nature to stay outside and me to stay inside, safely out of each other's way. But whatever, got the car fixed today for fairly cheap so I guess that's all over with for now.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Trajan » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:22 pm

No FMLs in 5 whole days? I thought this was EGF.

Anyways, I forgot until just recently that I have to take the GMAT at some point this semester because of the whole integrated masters program I'm in which gives me something else to worry about and ties up a free week later this year when I should be relaxing. Ah, well. My degree is supposed to bring in the mega bucks, so hopefully this will all be worth it.
Movin' Right Along
"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
"All styles are good except the tiresome kind." - Voltaire

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:27 pm

I suck at solving equations by graphing. . . The midterms in three weeks.

Pressure! Pushing down on me! Pushing down on you! Man that's cold!

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Trajan » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:30 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:I suck at solving equations by graphing. . . The midterms in three weeks.

That's a pretty long time all things considered. I usually don't start studying for tests until two days in advance. I'm a crammer, it's just how I do things.
Movin' Right Along

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:36 am

Had to spend the weekend in the field fixing a client's network, then updating almost everything with new software... all the while acquaintances on Facebook were having a blast spending the same amount of time at two events: a book fair, and conventions for comic books and anime.

Then I come "home" (oh, "home" is a fucking joke) now and heard the sob story. Again.

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Gob Hobblin » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:01 am

I can no longer access my Skype account. And Skype's customer service is byzantine, unhelpful, and inaccessible. Not to mention that all six account recovery requests I've sent have not appeared anywhere in my email account: not the main folder, not spam, not a side folder. No where.

I'm irritated.
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Rosenakahara » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:03 am

Thats happening to everyone, its a bug and skype said they are working on it at least on twitter.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:05 am

I am also having problems with Skype. Maybe it's just borked and we'll just have to wait for it to unfuck itself.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Gob Hobblin » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:06 am

Oh, good: at least it's not just me.
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:07 am

I don't see this problem...
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:10 am

In my case I can access my account, but messages aren't updating and the stuff I post doesn't seem to be going through.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:44 am

I'm now seeing it on my other machine which is no longer up to date with this one.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Trajan » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:25 am

Technology is wonderful except when it doesn't work.

My Skype connection was always buggy as fuck, and with the state of my current machine I probably would have assumed it was just another connectivity issue. One more technological problem to worry about.
Movin' Right Along

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:29 am

Seems to be sorted now, at any rate.

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Trajan » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:36 am

I'll check in when I get home. I may be getting a new computer soon, so I would like to tell my Skype buddies I'd be offline for a few days getting that resolved.
Movin' Right Along

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:51 am

Hmmm. Mobile still isn't working for me, but I'll keep an eye on it.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:12 pm

The chat for my work has been yammering away all morning, so I'm not sure if it went down for me or not. I'm observing it and it's certainly working fine now, though.

Squigsquasher
Banned

Postby Squigsquasher » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:07 pm

Our tomato plants finally died. We kept them going a long while, and we got a good harvest (most of which we made into jam) but it's still sad to see them go.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Shamsiel-kun
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby Shamsiel-kun » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:48 pm

So apparently the person who brings around the latest catalogue for a certain toyshop can't read and put the thing in all letterboxes that have this big sticker that says "NO ADVERTISEMENTS".

On the other hand, that means I had a look at recent toys. Gah. No wonder so many kids have ADHD, with such bright colors, busy designs, and noisy electronics in so many toys (bonus points to the Furbies that look like they might cause epilleptic fits in people...Jesus H. Christ on a pogo stick, who thought those color schemes were sensible? :cringe: ).

On the other hand, it was funny to see that some toys that were sold back when I was a kid (1980s) are still sold (those all had sensible colors and no electronics, then and now). ^_^

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”