Official Eva FINAL updated NTV Preview thread

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Re: Official Eva FINAL updated NTV Preview thread

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:40 am

Guys, I hate to say it, but the film is probably still way too early in production for them to reveal anything. Your excitement is just way too premature.

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Guy Nacks » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:47 am

The frustrating thing about this is that Anno was on the record In October of 2013 saying the screenplay was more or less finished, with him just making revisions.

Something's going on here; it seems either Anno believes he's written himself into a corner where nothing he drafts for Final is satisfying for him, or he's simply lost interest in this project and views working on it like a chore.

Which do you think we'll get first? A release date for The Winds of Winter or a release date for Final?
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

Postby TheFriskyIan » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:41 am

View Original PostThe Eva Monkey wrote:Guys, I hate to say it, but the film is probably still way too early in production for them to reveal anything. Your excitement is just way too premature.

Let's say that we wont get anything FINAL related until December of 2018. An announcement or change on the Eva site would've been nice still. Anno commented on making the new Godzilla in 2015 and the movie didn't come out until over a year later. Some promotional artwork, ANYTHING would've been nice.
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby KingXanaduu » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:49 am

Honestly, I don't think Final is EVER going to come out, cause maybe Anno gave Rebuild the fitting end to it already. Shinji being dragged through the desert by the person who hates him the most out of everyone, after nearing ending the world for the most selfish of reasons, surrounded by the hell that he created, that's pretty much symbolistic of Shinji's entire life.

Hated by all for his selfish actions, surrounded by people who despise him, and never moving an inch forward because he simply can't. The ending pretty much sums up who Shinji is: A Selfish BRAT that will never change, because that's what he is: A FAILURE. :devil: :mwahaha: :evillaugh:

P.S. For those that know me, look at the date. XD I LOVE Shinji, NEVER forget that. :shinji_blush:
Last edited by KingXanaduu on Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:42 pm

^ Ah... April Fool's humor.

I wonder how many were genuinely scared by your comment.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:13 pm

Evangelion 3+1: You are (not) worthy
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:42 pm

View Original PostGuy Nacks wrote:The frustrating thing about this is that Anno was on the record In October of 2013 saying the screenplay was more or less finished, with him just making revisions.

Something's going on here; it seems either Anno believes he's written himself into a corner where nothing he drafts for Final is satisfying for him, or he's simply lost interest in this project and views working on it like a chore.

Which do you think we'll get first? A release date for The Winds of Winter or a release date for Final?

There's also the possibility that after his depression Anno wanted to change most of the screenplay and/or wanted to rework some scenes in the first three movies like he did with NGE and the director's cut episodes.

We could speculate that pre-production started almost from scratch last summer and therefore they had nothing to show now.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:53 pm

View Original PostNemZ wrote:Evangelion 3+1: You are (not) worthy

Doesn't quite work, since the title without the "not" is an initial condition, and with the "not" is the eventual one. E.g.,

(A) You are alone - Shinji starts off believing he's alone.
(B) You are not alone - Shinji ends up having friends and stuff.

(A) You can redo - Shinji is led to believe that he can magically fix things.
(B) You can not redo - Welp! Not so much.

Since 3+1 would begin with Shinji thinking he is not worthy, it would have to be, "You are (not) unworthy" -- he starts off feeling no self-worth but eventually (re-)learns that he has value.

Anyway, the 1st is here and, invariably, nothing happened. We already know where this thread goes from here, so let's not and say we did.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”