Lilith's scar

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
qu4d
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Lilith's scar

•      
  •      

Postby qu4d » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:01 am

I was just thinking about the contract between SEELE and Lilith and what about Lilith might have gotten or given...

What about her scar? NGE!Lilith didn't have one. Why would she even have one, since regenerative powers and stuff. Couldn't find a thread about it.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:07 am

^Maybe she gave away her Fruit of Life? At the very least, the scar is on her chest, around where the core would be on an ordinary Angel. In EoE Rei entered Lilith's body at roughly around that spot, too.

Unfortunately, by the time of 3.0 Lilith is too decayed for us to tell if she healed up the scar when she tried to break out.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

ObsessiveMathsFreak
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby ObsessiveMathsFreak » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:16 pm

The scar is something I've wanted to bring up for a while now.

[wkimg width=500]R1-11 C1391_big.jpg[/wkimg]

One prominent feature of the scar is that it has smaller "crosses" at various locations, almost like pins or acupuncture needles placed in ridges. The reason I wanted to bring this up is that (outside of Angel explosions) such crosses appear again in 3.0, scattered over the Tokyo-3 landscape, and as a "fence" in the distance

Eva 3.0 crosses  SPOILER: Show

Crosses in landscape.
[wkimg]File:Eva3-33 C0797 comp.jpg[/wkimg]

Crosses in the distance
[wkimg]Eva3-33 C1482 big 01.jpg[/wkimg]

I feel there is some connection here. But are the crosses "artificial", placed by humans? Or are they somehow growing from both Lilith and the ground? Maybe the crevices in landscape or lines on the moon are meant to reflect or evoke Lilith's scar.
[Became an administrator on or before October 4th, 2007.]
May The Maths Be With You.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:07 am

IIRC, the initial drafts of Lilith had her chest cut open, organs exposed, with big pins keeping the thoracic cage open (exactly like when you dissect a mouse) and a big pipe directly connected to her organs pumping LCL.

So maybe what we see in the final version is the less gore version of that: Lilith's torso was cut open to make her bleed LCL, trying to regenerate, and the pins are here to keep the wound open so she would continue to bleed sweet LCL.
Although that raise the question of why the Spear of Longinus isn't enough to stop her regeneration, maybe in NTE she still have limited regenerative powers even when speared, in case the body take some slight damages while restrained?
Last edited by ElMariachi on Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

qu4d
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby qu4d » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:48 am

That's pretty interesting... do you have any link/source?

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:26 am

IIRC, those images also revealed a core in said ribcage. Sadly don't have them available right now but would appreciate it if someone posted them.

But since whatever hole she has in the finished version is obviously not used for LCL extraction, I'd propose something else: The scar is from when her soul was extracted. They needed direct acess to the core for that in Rebuildverse, or something like that. The scar is over the heart area, which could be symbolic for the soul having been removed.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Corpex
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Corpex » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:59 am

She had a core where now the scar is.

Now the core is inside EVA-01. That's why when HIP happened in timeskip the FoIs were like EVA01

true story

andreh
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby andreh » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:24 pm

I have these on my computer, I do not know if they can help:
SPOILER: Show
I do not speak English natively. If you see any error, blame my teacher or Google Translate LOL

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:43 pm

The Eva universe can't seem to decide whether souls are "located" in the solar plexus area (which is where the rib cage flares open and hence it makes at least some anatomical sense to put a half-exposed spherical organ there) or higher up where the sternum should be (does the core clip through the breast bone or something?). Yamashita's sketch goes for solar plexus, but the final goes for a scar across the sternal area. Booooo! Since I hate sternum-cores, I will resist the idea of the scar being core-related with all my might. Lilith probably just needed triple-bypass surgery from eating too much fried chicken -- how do you think she got so fat?

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:38 pm

View Original Postandreh wrote:

Interestingly, the early drafts had her sporting the grid patterned wounds recovering her cadaver in Q.
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:56 pm

Why are we assuming Lilith has a sternum and ribs?
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:21 pm

Just a sequel theory idea.

Maybe someone tried remove the Original Rei from Lilith forcibly? I mean if we think about it didn't Shinji do the exact same thing when Zeruel absorbed Rei? Maybe the event replays itself in Shinji's mind as the act with Zeruelor or maybe there is a variation each time? Perhaps Shinji really was the one in Mark 06, he went to get Rei out and caused an Impact instead.
[/spoiler]
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:54 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:Why are we assuming Lilith has a sternum and ribs?

Because we see her ribs pocking out of her half-decomposed cadaver in Q:
[wkimg]File:Eva3-33 C1092 comp.jpg[/wkimg]

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:01 pm

It's highly unlikely we will ever know all the details about Lilith/Adam/Rei and Shinji. Were just gonna have to live with unanswered questions.

EDIT:
STINKIN' SPELL CHECK! :fistshake:
Last edited by Ray on Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:08 pm

You're medium?

qu4d
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby qu4d » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:09 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:It's highly unlikely we will never know all the details about Lilith/Adam/Rei and Shinji.

So we will know...?! Image

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:13 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:It's highly unlikely we will never know all the details about Lilith/Adam/Rei and Shinji. Were just gonna have to live with unanswered questions.

Correct. Final will answer most of our questions (albeit in ways we don't at first recognize), and the rest will be addressed in the CRCs and other sources. Everything we need to know will come out, given time.

Oh, you meant "highly likely". In that case you're being silly.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:07 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:Because we see her ribs pocking out of her half-decomposed cadaver in Q:
[wkimg]File:Eva3-33 C1092 comp.jpg[/wkimg]

Ah. Okay then.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

unitM
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby unitM » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:00 pm

I have been thinking about NTE Lilith's scar lately.

I'd like to draw everyone's attention to something. In NGE, Misato had a scar running across a length of her torso and chest area. I must admit that my memory isn't the strongest when it came to Misato in NGE, the scar is the exact same type of scar that we see on Lilith in NTE.

Based on the scar's appearance on Lilith, we can assume that Lilith was being used or operated on. This is prominently shown in the sketches but who knows how canon those are. However, there is a large spear jutting out of the mound of flesh that is Lilith, right on top of the scar. We know that the spear holds Lilith in place and it's very possible to assume that the spear was adopted as an anaesthesia to keep the big guy in place, while scientists went to town for whatever reason.

Well, following the sketches, scientists did go to town. There were some pumps thrown into the chest of Lilith. At the very least, someone removed the mask of Lilith and hacked away at it's chest - I personally don't think it's a terrible stretch further to say that someone examined the insides.

This is all fine and dandy as far as our knowledge is concerned. Everything I said up until should be easy to follow. But what if we applied the same function of the scar for when it was on Misato? :huh:

Misato's dad was a scientist at least in part responsible for the triggering of the 2nd impact. He was killed; in NTE, he pushed Misato away, into a capsule which closed just on time to prevent her from getting hit in the impact. But in NGE, Misato had a scar from the 2nd impact.

Is it possible that Misato attacked by 2nd impact and subsequently operated on, thus leaving her the scar? I certainly think so. Her brain could have been zapped, like Shinji's was. Which brings us to another question: why? Did 2nd impact do... something to her, which required her to be cut open and have something removed(in the same way that the sketched Lilith has)?

One thing is for sure: that scar is unique and only found on 2 characters in the series: Misato and Lilith. Both are connected through 2nd impact.

ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:23 pm

Hey guys, does the scar on Lilith look to be in the same area that Shinji ripped Rei out of Zeruel?
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”