Recent Hauls 3: The quest for more stuff

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Recent Hauls 3: The quest for more stuff

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:24 pm

Appropriately enough, continued from:

View Original PostDataprime wrote:I finally caught the little bugger..

~Take care of yourself, I need you~

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:02 pm

With that name we're off to a fine start.

Actually come to think of it, I'm not sure I've ever properly shown off the swag Lili sent me a while back. She saw 3.0 twice in theaters so she had an extra copy of the art booklet, and she also picked up an RCB in better condition in a used book store so she sent me her old one as well.

Image :marihearts:
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

caragnafog dog
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby caragnafog dog » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:21 pm

SPOILER: Show

got this over the weekend, ex-library copy for $19. I've been looking for this edition used for a while and it was a steal considering the shape it's in. Extensively annotated with definitions of older words and phrases. Great introductions, charts and chronology too. I haven't even read the sonnets yet, I'm excited.

oh and since we're on the subject of eva I'm not sure if I posted this yet

you'll have to excuse the reflection, there's nothing embarrassing in my room I swear

@NEmZ those artbooks look FABULOUS
On 11/10/14, at 8:43 PM, Merrimerri wrote:
fhycjubg beat tge sgut iyt if gun
On 6/2/15, at 10:14 PM, Delispin wrote:
> Wow. I've disgusted even myself.

https://qnuw.wordpress.com/ The hottest new meme, revived in blog form. qnuw/qnuw. qnuw/qnuw. qnuw/qnuw.

Dartz
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dartz » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:12 pm

Picked up a bottle of this:

Green Spot.

Which is an odd thing, because it's an Irish Whiskey. And it's specifically an Irish Whiskey - it's made in a different way to Scotch. Can be tricky to get because up until recently it was only sold in one shop worldwide - and it's still a rare enough thing compared to the more usual. This as the first bottle I'd seen in 5 months....

Still. If you've never tried Whiskey before, I'd recommend you give it a go. It's very easy to drink, for a start. And has a nice, fresh flavour to it.
-------m(^0^)m------ Wot, no sig?

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

•      
  •      

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:37 am

HOLY GRAIL KITA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:00 pm

View Original PostNemZ wrote:

Jelly of the RCB. I've looked out for that on many a Japan trip but come up empty.

There must've been something of an over-abundance of the Q theatre programmes (standard and deluxe versions) because they were still selling them outright from the Eva store in Harajuku as of last November. Well, either that or they reprinted them because of demand perhaps.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:19 pm

Please don't judge me... -   SPOILER: Show
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:17 pm

I see your cuteness and raise you 2! (From 2009 or 2010?)

~Take care of yourself, I need you~

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:45 pm

I've had this cozy little teaparty keeping my desk suitably chibi for a while now:

Oh, and a couple of birthday presents to myself, filling in some significant holes in my collection:

I knew how the second Robin died (vaguelly), but had no idea that plotline was involved with a middle eastern arms sale. Crazy stuff. :huh:
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:59 am

So, got some stuff recently:

Groundwork of Evangelion 3.0 book 2: Wow, this sucker's huge! I suspect the reason the Q CRC's taking so long is because it will be positively massive. The Ha CRC was already ridiculous, but just thinking about what comes next . . . :drool:

Evangelion 3.0: Got tired of waiting for Funi, ordered the Japanese version. Very nice.

From the New World 2: I will probably never watch this, but supporting the anime is a good thing IMO.

Gatchaman: Crowds: Probably in the same boat. But OTOH, it was quirky and cool, so maybe worth a repeat viewing.

Samurai Bride: This, OTOH, will get lots of repeat viewings. Such lovely fanservice . . . :smokin:

KLK LE: Okay, I like the goodies, but four episodes? Damn, man, that's rough.

Re-Take v. 4: At last, my set is complete! I feel like an idiot getting a doujin I can't read, but as an Eva fan it seems appropriate.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:42 am

View Original PostBagheera wrote:I feel like an idiot getting a doujin I can't read, but as an Eva fan it seems appropriate.

Heh! I've got the five volumes of the Gunbuster manga, which I can't read at all, and have just ordered the Pupa manga - also five volumes, only about half of which is translated on line. Idiots together, at least?
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:49 pm

:kampai:
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:34 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Re-Take v. 4: At last, my set is complete! I feel like an idiot getting a doujin I can't read, but as an Eva fan it seems appropriate.

Not just an Eva fan, an LAS fan. Still kind of wish I'd grabbed them but I'm glad you got them. There's no one else I'd rather see nab them.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:03 pm

Might add that to my to pick up list for used dojin.
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:31 am

Sorrow
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Sorrow » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:31 am

Why does this cute art style look so familiar? Something to do with unit-01 being a student--along with some angels?--at school or something? Christ knows - can you read it?
The fate of man…the hope of man is written in sorrow.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:39 am

Various names, as translated: Petit Eva / Puchi Eva / Evangelion@School.

There are three volumes of manga (but the third is by a different writer, and considered less authentic, and only these two seem to be in print). Also a series of twenty-odd short anime episodes. See also the figure I bought, a few posts up (the pose of that figure is a replica of the frontispiece of the second volume). I think there's also a game.

And no, I can't read Japanese, as I was discussing with Bagheera, also a few posts up...

Sorrow
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Sorrow » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:45 am

Puchi Eva certainly sounds familiar, yes. I saw an episode or two quite a few years ago now. Thanks for the information.

I'm sorry for having not read further up.
The fate of man…the hope of man is written in sorrow.

Dartz
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dartz » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:14 pm

470 Euros worth of carparts, from the wonderful RotaryRevs

-------m(^0^)m------ Wot, no sig?

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:02 pm

Over the course of July and August I picked up about two hundred and thirty My Little Pony toys (mostly G1, the best gen :p ), plus three play sets. A photo op isn't practical, though it would probably look rather impressive! A small sampling will have to suffice.

Squeeeee!

Most of them were acquired through lots (since they're a steal if you bid carefully), and now I'm slowly processing everything. Any duplicates that are too nice to be sacrificed to my rowdy nephews will be eventually sold. Restoring old toys is actually quite challenging and fun (albeit not inexpensive), and all of the things involved help keep the twins' fascinations piqued and poor Aunt Rachel the recipient of endless annoying questions. :tongue:

Being away from Eva fandom, I'd forgotten about getting the 3.0 groundwork books. Whoops. Hopefully they're still available by the time I recoup some of my playtime funds.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”