Cold Shinji Fanfiction

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

zwabbit
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby zwabbit » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:59 am

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11042928/39/In-Tune

The first quarter of that chapter recreates the "getting Shinji to pilot" scene with Shinji Rokubungi instead of Shinji Ikari. I never wrote an actual fic with Shinji R. as the mc but I did reuse the concept for In Tune. If I ever did write a fic retelling the EVA series itself with Shinji R., that scene would see some adjustment but as it is now captures the broad strokes of what I intended his personality to be.

BiQ
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Re: Cold Shinji Fanfiction

•      
  •      

Postby BiQ » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:19 pm

View Original PostThomas68 wrote:I never read a fanfic where Shinji treats everyone in a indifferent and cruel way.

If you know some fanfic like this PLEEZ recommend me!

P.S.: I'm not a sociopath who looks for bashfics of Shinji! I don't hate Shinji!

I'm not sure whether it's a "bashfic" or if it should be taken that way, but if you want "indifferent and cruel" Shinji, then Vengeance should be right up your alley. Pity (or not?) it's only 4 chapters and seems to be quite dead. Granted, Vengeance-Shinji might go over to the "insane lashing out" part of spectrum, even if he hasn't done anything physically violent (IIRC).
The art of being grown up, the dirty little secret nobody lets on about, is that it's all about getting comfortable with acting the part, and reaching that point where you stop giving a fuck, and do stuff that needs to be done, because it just needs doing, and ain't nobody else going to do it for you. -Mr. Tines

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:19 pm

I seem to vaguely recall a fic or two where Gendo didn't push Shinji away but rather recruited him to help from the start. I don't remember the specifics, but I imagine something like that could well turn him into a manipulative bastard as well.

Ring any bells for anyone out there?
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Iuvenal
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Iuvenal » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:29 pm

View Original PostNemZ wrote:I seem to vaguely recall a fic or two where Gendo didn't push Shinji away but rather recruited him to help from the start. I don't remember the specifics, but I imagine something like that could well turn him into a manipulative bastard as well.

Ring any bells for anyone out there?

The short (unfinished, probably abandoned) series of vignettes "Get Mother Back" on FFN has that premise where Gendo takes Shinji under his wing right after Yui gets absorbed, but it didn't result in Shinji becoming too much of a bastard at the point that the story got to.

The one-shot "Compromises" (also on FFN) had Shinji willingly join with Gendo more or less right after the series starts. It's sort of like "Better Luck Next Time" but well done. It's also the closest thing to a plausible cold, calculating Shinji that I can think of.

Neon Gendosis Evangelion has Gendo not send Shinji away, but it also changes Gendo's role as well. It's also another unfinished tale.
Pkunk's not dead! Shake yer Rootz!

I carved A +S forever into my left buttock with a pocket knife. My right buttock is dominated by a tattoo of James Brown. - Chuckman

Who did 9/11? The FAR. - Reichu

KobayashiRiku
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby KobayashiRiku » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:52 pm

View Original PostIuvenal wrote:The short (unfinished, probably abandoned) series of vignettes "Get Mother Back" on FFN has that premise where Gendo takes Shinji under his wing right after Yui gets absorbed, but it didn't result in Shinji becoming too much of a bastard at the point that the story got to.

The one-shot "Compromises" (also on FFN) had Shinji willingly join with Gendo more or less right after the series starts. It's sort of like "Better Luck Next Time" but well done. It's also the closest thing to a plausible cold, calculating Shinji that I can think of.

Admittedly good concepts, not much for the blatent Team Red, but the concept is intriguing. Its a shame that the first one is seemingly abandoned

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:40 pm

Hmm... The problem with writing such a fic is that Shinji would already know and be involved in all the questionable goings-on so our audience identification character can't really work as usual. Maybe it could work if Asuka was cast as our main protagonist wandering into this convoluted web already in progress, but I don't really like Asuka so that already kills my enthusiasm too. Meh. (:|
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Return to “Fanfiction”