Monitor Trouble

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

anatrok
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Monitor Trouble

•      
  •      

Postby anatrok » Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:58 pm

I just bought a "View Sonic VA1912wb" monitor and i'm having trouble scalling it correctly. Rather in the native resolution "1440x900" it's fine, only when I go to play some games (starcraft, morrowind) it get's all stretched out. I would have no problem with just having the picture letterboxed vertically, as i'm sure i'd have to do, but I dont' know how. I looked on google, and just got a bunch of nothing.
the cd's that came with it idn't have anything. My graphic's card is an ATI Radeon X1300.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:12 pm

The sync/refresh rate has changed. You can either keep messing with the controls to adjust the position and the size of the display, or figure out what sync rate the monitor runs at when you're playing the game, then force that sync rate when you're at the larger resolution.

If you're problem is something else (like messing with the position/size controls won't help), then I don't know what the problem could be, I have no idea how to mess with modelines under windows.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”