Superhero Films & TV

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:41 pm

Man of Steel is a lot like Godzilla. I rather liked the movie I saw, but I want to see the one the trailers promised.

I don't give a shit about Aquaman but I hope the director is good. I know Momoa can act but the Conan movie they did with him makes me cringe.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Dataprime
Donor
Donor

Postby Dataprime » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:20 pm

I found this on Reddit, figured it may help:

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

Bagheera
Banned

Postby Bagheera » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:27 pm

Recent successes aside, I think they're being overly ambitious. The average moviegoer can't be bothered to keep track of all of that, and they're getting into some pretty obscure stuff (Deadpool, Venom: Carnage, Spider-Woman?, X-Force, etc). Interest is gonna wane pretty quick, I think.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Ray
Banned

Postby Ray » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:47 pm

Where is my Clone Saga Movie?
Last edited by Ray on Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I’ll escape now from this world, from the world of Jean Valjean, Jean Valjean is nothing now! Another story must begin!
Avatar: "There's a Starman, waiting in the sky. He'd like to come and meet me, but he thinks he'd blow my mind."
Phew, I’m not tense anymore… now I’m just miserable.
People say "be yourself" but that's bad advice, if we were all to "be ourselves" many of us would stop wearing clothes. -Chuckman

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:48 pm

I might get very tired of these kinds of movies after a while. I can totally see these turning into the musicals Hollywood kept producing after WWII and no one kept watching anymore because they had already run their course.
Live-Action Lofi Hip Hop Radio beats to relax/study to

Details about the making of the video here.

Xard
Sex God Bastard
Sex God Bastard

Postby Xard » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:45 pm

Count me in the group that is already dead sick of these.
ran1: Oh gosh this sentence gave me an internet boner. You're so tsundere.
Mugwump: Goddamn it, Xard! Take me in your arms, you magnificent sex god bastard!
And don't forget to wear the Ran mask.
Eva Yojimbo: You really are the Otaku equivalent of a Catholic and Jew rolled up into one giant dakimakura of guilt.
Gob Hobblin: Sanctimonious, subtly racist, vaguely misogynist, somehow says something while at the same time saying...nothing, really, at all....

Nice, Xard. That's nice.

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Guy Nacks » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:54 pm

What can I say? Superhero movies are the quintessential mythology of the American people, they're gonna milk this puppy until it runs out of semen and dies of prostate cancer.

In all honesty, I can only handle so much of these as well. That isn't to say there haven't been good ones.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Trajan » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:02 pm

Just think of it as a throwback to a bygone era where they had movie serials and produced three or four films from the same series or genre a year. In a few decades when you watch them on TV with your ungrateful descendents and you'll get to say "I remember when those first came out..." before launching into a tirade about how much better media was back in the day.

I know I'm looking forward to it.
Movin' Right Along
"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
"All styles are good except the tiresome kind." - Voltaire

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

Postby Blue Monday » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:44 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Recent successes aside, I think they're being overly ambitious.

I agree, and for the "secondary tier" properties all it will take is for one to tank and the studios will begin to reconsider.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/10/21/charlie-cox-talks-daredevils-obsession/

“I’ve read comics after comics after comics — I’ve never read so many comics in my life, and we’re finding moments from the comics to reference in the show. We’re trying to make a show that’s new and much, much darker than anything I’ve ever seen Marvel do before.”

But what is it that makes Daredevil darker than the rest of the Marvel Universe:

“The concept that he can’t stop. He’s going out and he’s taking the law into his own hands, and he doesn’t know if he can stop. He might be addicted to it.”
Aw shit yeah, Charlie.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

movieartman
Pilot
Pilot

Postby movieartman » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:32 pm

AVENGERS - AGE OF ULTRON
official hd trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmeOjFno6Do
And with that my brothers all is right with the world!

xanderkh
Donor
Donor

Postby xanderkh » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:41 pm

^

..............Pinocchio has never sounded so bone-chilling.......... :bigeyes:
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

Ray
Banned

Postby Ray » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:35 am

I was skeptical about the "Disney buys Marvel" thing.

But if it had not happened. This awesome trailer would have never come to be. It's kind be surreal and very postmodern to see a supervillain in a film for an adult audience sing a dark version of a Disney Song.

Disney is a Ubiquitous part of our pop culture but we never really see them mentioned much in non Disney movies. They've really loosened up on their "kid friendly" image in recent years.

EDIT:
Also, Hulk buster Armor!
I’ll escape now from this world, from the world of Jean Valjean, Jean Valjean is nothing now! Another story must begin!
Avatar: "There's a Starman, waiting in the sky. He'd like to come and meet me, but he thinks he'd blow my mind."
Phew, I’m not tense anymore… now I’m just miserable.
People say "be yourself" but that's bad advice, if we were all to "be ourselves" many of us would stop wearing clothes. -Chuckman

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Rosenakahara » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:51 am

I just want my she-hulk movie before this trend dies........never going to happen though because uninformed morons just think "oh that girl is just female hulk lol"
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

Bagheera
Banned

Postby Bagheera » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:23 am

View Original PostRosenakahara wrote:I just want my she-hulk movie before this trend dies........never going to happen though because uninformed morons just think "oh that girl is just female hulk lol"

Oh man, She-Hulk would be wooooooonderful. Maybe after WW comes out? If that's successful SH might be an easier sell.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Rosenakahara » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:11 am

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Oh man, She-Hulk would be wooooooonderful. Maybe after WW comes out? If that's successful SH might be an easier sell.

When the WW movie does come out it will most likely be new 52 WW, also known as "im totally not trying to be batman" wonder woman, a problem that a lot of DC heroes share since the reboot so i dont think it will sell that well tbh or judging by the actresses previous roles- be kinda shitty.

Still we have the guardians and they were a big hit much to my surprise so who knows? maybe someday.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

movieartman
Pilot
Pilot

Postby movieartman » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:44 am

View Original PostRosenakahara wrote:When the WW movie does come out it will most likely be new 52 WW, also known as "im totally not trying to be batman" wonder woman, a problem that a lot of DC heroes share since the reboot so i dont think it will sell that well tbh or judging by the actresses previous roles- be kinda shitty.

Still we have the guardians and they were a big hit much to my surprise so who knows? maybe someday.

1.) yes cus greek myths and characters steeped in them totally should not be dark, totally (sarcasm)
2.) to be a problem it would require it to be a bad thing which it is light years from being
3.) she has been in 2-3 fast and furious movies and gave far from shitty performances in them, your making a very large leap there.
4.) its sickening to think the film where the lead dances for the big villain at the end was a big hit. ugh camp is a blight on cinema.

Dataprime
Donor
Donor

Postby Dataprime » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:51 am

Speaking of the all things Hulk: I found this story

Why Edward Norton Walked From the Hulk

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

Gendo'sPapa
God
God

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:22 pm

Not a fan of the digital cinematography on Avengers 2 (bad coloring & movement issues as per usual) BUT I'm sold with a James Spader voiced crazed, homicidal robot. So all is right with the world.

movieartman
Pilot
Pilot

Postby movieartman » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:24 pm

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote: I'm sold with a James Spader voiced crazed, homicidal robot. So all is right with the world.

do you watch the blacklist with spader? do so ;)

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

Postby Blue Monday » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:18 pm

View Original PostBlue Monday wrote:

I'm not really a fan of Joss Whedon's Avengers but I guess I'll be seeing this all the same when it comes out. Like others have said; James Spader voicing Ultron is just too awesome to ignore.

Also, I hate Scarlet Witch - she can go die.
Character is scorched earth as far as I'm concerned.

:grmf:
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

Return to “Film and Video”