Superhero Films & TV

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

Postby Blue Monday » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:53 pm

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Whore

:cringe:
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

Postby cyharding » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:23 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:Oh By the way, I've heard Rumors that Frank "Bat-Mad" Miller is a consultant to Snyder on the new Batman V Superman movie.

The last thing we need, Crazy Steve on the big screen. Maybe we're better off looking forward to the prequel tv series.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d1zpt6k5OI[/url]
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 28 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

Bagheera
Banned

Postby Bagheera » Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:21 am

View Original PostRay wrote:"Rubber Bullets, Honest."

Oh By the way, I've heard Rumors that Frank "Bat-Mad" Miller is a consultant to Snyder on the new Batman V Superman movie.

You may all panic now.

TDKR, just sayin'. He kinda invented the premise of the movie.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:46 am

This movie is going to ride on the knife edge of suck. Among the director, writers, executive producers, basically everyone involved with the movie, the person I'm most optimistic about is... Ben Affleck.

I saw ASM2 last night and it was a huge disappointment.

SPOILER: Show
Fuck them for killing off Gwen, and double fuck them for almost literally punitively killing her for being too strong of a female character. The first half of the movie is pretty good, the last half is shit. It's a shame, because it's actually incredible faithful to the comics.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

Postby Blue Monday » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:13 pm

Good news, everyone! It's official, Singer's directing X-Men: Apocalypse in 2016: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/09/23/bryan-singer-signs-on-for-x-men-apocalypse/

:D
Warren Peace, #643919

Ray
Banned

Postby Ray » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:27 pm

Has Bryan Singer been acquitted of the molestation charges yet?
I’ll escape now from this world, from the world of Jean Valjean, Jean Valjean is nothing now! Another story must begin!
Avatar: "There's a Starman, waiting in the sky. He'd like to come and meet me, but he thinks he'd blow my mind."
Phew, I’m not tense anymore… now I’m just miserable.
People say "be yourself" but that's bad advice, if we were all to "be ourselves" many of us would stop wearing clothes. -Chuckman

Bagheera
Banned

Postby Bagheera » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:50 pm

How can it be written by Singer and scripted by someone else?
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

Postby Blue Monday » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:04 pm

I imagine Singer came up with the plot bones whilst Kinberg is doing the hard yards and actually putting it all together into script with dialogue, et cetera.

Regarding the charges against Singer; I'm guessing it was probably settled quietly outside of court.
Warren Peace, #643919

movieartman
Pilot
Pilot

Postby movieartman » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:45 am

then its ruined... almost

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

Postby Blue Monday » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:32 pm

Sadly though, Rosario Dawson is not playing Echo.
Warren Peace, #643919

movieartman
Pilot
Pilot

Postby movieartman » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:58 am

Indeed that is a disappointment.

Official photos
Cox loos great as Murdock there
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=56234

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Trajan » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:16 pm

The problem with Daredevil is he just doesn't have that big of a fanbase outside of the comics and is best when he is paired with someone else and can interact with them because he's just not all that interesting on his own. Then again, the Green Arrow has a successful tv show, so I suppose anything is possible.
Movin' Right Along
"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
"All styles are good except the tiresome kind." - Voltaire

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

Postby Blue Monday » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:33 pm

Speaking as someone who has almost 20+ years worth of DD on their bookshelf; I'd say Matt Murdock is interesting enough on his own. The character just needs a decent vehicle to garner more mainstream appreciation, and hopefully the Netflix series will do just that. I mean, look at GOTG. They were a low-key cosmic team, a tad obsucre even with hardcore comics readers. Now their movie has people going out and buying Annihilation omnibuses like crazy.
Warren Peace, #643919

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Trajan » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:40 pm

I'll defer to your superior knowledge of Daredevil, but he always just seemed like the blind Marvel version of Batman to me.
Movin' Right Along
"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
"All styles are good except the tiresome kind." - Voltaire

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

Postby Blue Monday » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:50 pm

He's equivalent to Batman only insofar as usually being the go-to dark and gritty book at Marvel (Mark Waid's current run withstanding - fuck that shit with a stick). Batman's in a whole other league compared to DD to be honest, poor ol' Matt wouldn't even be able to compete.

Batman's true Marvel version is Black Panther more likely.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So it looks like Cap 3 and Avengers 4 are going to be the Superhero Civil War: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/10/13/robert-downey-jr-about-to-join-captain-america-3-and-it-may-be-civil-war/
Warren Peace, #643919

StarShaper7
Arael
Arael

Postby StarShaper7 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:15 pm

I had a fun time watching Guardians of the Galaxy.

Some stray observations and thoughts:

- The villain, Ronan, is the perfect choice to be the antagonist to Chris Pratt's imperfect but actually badass hero white leader dude. He's a radical Kree who follows his people's old traditions, threatening to destroy what he sees as a massive offense to his beliefs. Pretty much the Other as enemy; he's the terrorist whose primitive, ancestor-revering ways threatens the peaceful, ethnically mixed utopian capital city of Xandar (pretty much the America of the galactic alliance or whatever it's called).

- The multi-species (-ethnic/national) cast banding together to take down Ronan is like uniting the world's countries against a threat like ISIS. Extremist embarks on a mission of ethnic cleansing, justifying his violence with the patriarchal values that he seeks to impose on others. He is taken down by a coalition of likely and unlikely allies.

- It occurred to me that the whole thing could be chalked up to the fantasy of a young boy whose mother dies of cancer. He escapes from reality to a dream where he roams the galaxy and has adventures and stuff. The after credits scene: the kid wakes up in the hospital after 26 years of being comatose. He's told that he was hit by a drunk motorcyclist or whatever. The blinding lights were just the vehicle's high beams. :lol:

- I suppose that this was intentional, though. It just seems too obvious. I get the feeling that the director wants us to be well aware that it's just a movie, a convenient illusion to distract from reality. We are the eight-year-old Peter Quill. :lol:

- Rocket Raccoon and Groot are awesome.

- Laughed at the post-credits cameo.

Dataprime
Donor
Donor

Postby Dataprime » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:13 am

Warner Bros. CEO Kevin Tuijihara announced the studio’s plans for its DC Entertainment
properties this morning, naming ten DC movies

Those 10 DC movies named are:

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice directed by Zack Snyder (2016)
Suicide Squad directed by David Ayer (2016)
Wonder Woman starring Gal Gadot (2017)
Justice League Part One directed by Snyder, with Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill and Amy Adams reprising their roles (2017)
The Flash starring Ezra Miller (2018)
Aquaman starring Jason Momoa (2018)
Shazam (2019)
Justice League Part Two directed by Zack Snyder (2019)
Cyborg starring Ray Fisher (2020)
Green Lantern (2020)

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

movieartman
Pilot
Pilot

Postby movieartman » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:14 am

View Original PostDataprime wrote:Warner Bros. CEO Kevin Tuijihara announced the studio’s plans for its DC Entertainment
properties this morning, naming ten DC movies

Those 10 DC movies named are:

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice directed by Zack Snyder (2016)
Suicide Squad directed by David Ayer (2016)
Wonder Woman starring Gal Gadot (2017)
Justice League Part One directed by Snyder, with Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill and Amy Adams reprising their roles (2017)
The Flash starring Ezra Miller (2018)
Aquaman starring Jason Momoa (2018)
Shazam (2019)
Justice League Part Two directed by Zack Snyder (2019)
Cyborg starring Ray Fisher (2020)
Green Lantern (2020)

im game but for aquaman i need these details to happen
1.) he needs to already be married to Mera so the Ackward romance crap can be skipped
2.) mera needs to be very prominent even equal in presence and screen time to arthur in the film
3.) jessica chastain, deborah ann woll or evan rachel wood needs to play her in that order
4.) the film needs to be based on the new 52 the trench and the others stroylines merged together, mabye just the others story.
5.) black manta needs idris elba or michael jai white

cyborg? really?

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

Postby Blue Monday » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:58 am

Out of all those castings the only ones I find interesting are Ezra Miller (Rather different choice but I quite like him, sort of like Miles Teller for Reed Ricahrds in next year's FF flick) and Dwayne Johnson who will make a perfect Black Adam in my opinion. Jason Momoa as Aquaman solidifies that the studio are going to be continuing with their dark, gritty, devoid of colour, "mature" vision. I know my man MA won't agree but I think Gadot as Wonder Woman is just awful. She's very pretty but just too dainty and thin - I don't see any physical strength in her at all. It goes against her typical depiction but I like to see some muscles and shoulders on my WW.

:tongue:

Kris Anka's Wonder Woman is perfect, actually.

Also, six years away for the Green Lantern film?
Fuck.
Warren Peace, #643919

movieartman
Pilot
Pilot

Postby movieartman » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:55 pm

View Original PostBlue Monday wrote:Out of all those castings the only ones I find interesting are Ezra Miller (Rather different choice but I quite like him, sort of like Miles Teller for Reed Ricahrds in next year's FF flick) and Dwayne Johnson who will make a perfect Black Adam in my opinion. Jason Momoa as Aquaman solidifies that the studio are going to be continuing with their dark, gritty, devoid of colour, "mature" vision. I know my man MA won't agree but I think Gadot as Wonder Woman is just awful. She's very pretty but just too dainty and thin - I don't see any physical strength in her at all. It goes against her typical depiction but I like to see some muscles and shoulders on my WW.

:tongue:

Kris Anka's Wonder Woman is perfect, actually.

Also, six years away for the Green Lantern film?
Fuck.

1.) what is Your individual opinion of Man of Steel? i don't think i ever got that detail, the hostility to the dark gritty angle suggest a answer but i want to be clear.
2.) no we where in agreement on gadot until the actual photo came out, she was Nightmarishly skinny in fast five, but i think she bulked up for the photo pretty good, far from perfect but much better. plus its still 2 years away she has more time, and she was a drill instructor in the israel military so she knows how to bulk up, plus snyder for man of steel had much of the cast including faora go thru rigorous training so i think its in good hands.
3.) i do agree i like a musclely wonder woman.
anka is good
i think how frank cho drew zarda in new ultimates was close to ideal for me
http://www.4thletter.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/nu2page17.jpg
and greg cupellos from the most recent issue of batman was very good also
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/120679/4147288-batman+%282011-%29+035-013.jpg

Return to “Film and Video”