Evangelion Manga: Final Volume out February 2015

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Evangelion Manga: Final Volume out February 2015

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:37 am

The June issue of Kadokawa's Young Ace magazine is announcing on Friday that
Yoshiyuki Sadamoto's 14th and final Neon Genesis Evangelion manga volume will
ship on November 20. The final volume will add 28 previously unpublished
pages

The limited edition of the final volume will bundle an original cover, book ends for
the entire 14-volume set, a booklet with about 16 pages and exclusive illustrations by
Sadamoto, and a "Yoshiyuki Sadamoto Working Music CD." The CD will feature music that
the creator liked to listen to when he was drawing manga.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-04-28/evangelion-manga-final-volume-to-add-28-new-pages

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Manga Volume 14

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:47 am

Saw this on AnimeNewsNetwork. Since the manga thread is locked those with "the power" can move this post into the body of that thread if they'd like BUT...

[url]http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-04-28/evangelion-manga-final-volume-to-add-28-new-pages[/url]

So the final Volume of the Manga to come out in Japan (and hopefully simultaneously released elsewhere) on November 20th with 28 new pages. What those pages will be - actual inserts into the story, more full page Sadamoto character posters, etc - is unknown right now.

I'm currently re-reading the manga from start to finish for the first time in years - bought the four Omnibus' & Volume 13 at Barnes & Nobles when I saw them there - & greatly enjoying it. It's a goofier read but still very pretty & fun overall. Looking forward to have the entire series on paper soon so I can delete it from my computer.

P.S. A release date of something so important to the Evangelion universe late in 2014 should mean some definite news on FINAL by then. Me thinks.

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:01 pm

I just hope those 28 new pages don't alter the plot in any way, or change the ending.
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:07 pm

^
Anf then we'll get a Kaworu from an alternative timeline appearing in front of Shinji to teach him to play a duet piece of piano, confirming the time loop theory, at the same time that new infos on FINAL will be released! :devil:
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:41 pm

News post made: http://www.evageeks.org/2014/04/japanese-eva-vol-14-nov-20th/
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:43 pm

Someone on another forum tells me that they tweeted Viz recently about the English release, and their reply was that it would be "not long after".
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:16 pm

Oh, I am very happy about this. I've remained unspoiled...

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:21 pm

So, what do you all think the 28 new pages are going to be like? I know one thing, and that is that if they are anything like the sappy "epilogue" to the seventh Harry Potter book, then I am not reading it!
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:40 pm

Expanded ending spoiler  SPOILER: Show

28 pages dedicated to an unambiguous LAS End :tongue:
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:44 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote: I've remained unspoiled...

Same here.
although I will admit it does get a little tempting to find out what happens

Must..Stay...Strong

- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:57 pm

Mostly, it's just that I've already read the ending to the manga, and I thought it was fine. I can't really see how Sadamoto intends to change it if indeed that's what he's planning. Other than maybe doing a time-skip and showing Shinji and Asuka's children in the future (something that strikes me as too cheesy and cutesy for this sort of manga), I can't imagine what he could want to fill 28 extra pages with.

On the bright side, hopefully there's no EMK in this new timeline.

Clover
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Clover » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:19 pm

4.0 teaser?

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:33 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:Someone on another forum tells me that they tweeted Viz recently about the English release, and their reply was that it would be "not long after".

I just tweeted them as well. They said they would most likely release it but would make
an announcement when they are totally sure about it.
Last edited by Dataprime on Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Suicidahlia

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:33 pm

I don't know--no one does. All we know is that the final chapters of the manga (which have already been published, BTW) are going to be collected in this volume along with some unspecified bonus material. What do you think that bonus material might be?

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:14 pm

View Original PostEl Squibbonator wrote:What do you think that bonus material might be?

28 blank white pages.

Seriously, though, it's probably going to

SPOILER: Show
explain what happens to the other characters who did not appear in the final chapter.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:16 pm

Never thought of that.

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:33 pm

Will Viz be doing a formatted release with volumes 13 and 14 to tie off the 3-in-1 editions/omnibuses?
Last edited by Blue Monday on Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:35 pm

My ideas for those bonus pages:

-Sadamoto's previously unpublished Eva doujin he couldn't sell at Comiket despite being in disguise since his style is so distinctive
-One word. Per page.
-Roughs
-Outtakes

I wonder how long it took for the licensing negotiations for the music on that CD.

Expect a 14 volume deluxe repub or omnibus edition too at some point.
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:41 pm

I like how the final volume gets released on the 20th Anniversary of the manga.

and even a week or two before the first chapter came out

Nice Touch ;)

- Suicidahlia

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:07 pm

I find it hilarious that after 20 years and his manga actually concluding, he still pulls something out of his ass to make it go a little longer.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”