Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

Death Note

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:40 pm

Must admit that "death note" is a great manga! I have read the first and the second volume and it's pretty cool!

There's a movie based on the manga, but has only been released in Japan till now! I saw the trailer and seems good!

So has anyone read the mangas or seen the movie and what's your opinion about it?
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

Archon Divinus
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Archon Divinus » Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:10 pm

Oh man! I love me some Death Note. I've read the first 4 volumes, and my rule of only buying one manga per paycheck is killing me.

I have yet to see the movie, and I've also heard there is a Hollywood movie in the works, which is cool, and frightening at the same time.
I'll carpe your diem!

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:42 pm

The TV series is supposed to air this October on NTV.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:11 pm

So for those who are watching is pure awesomeness, what fansub group are you watching?

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:00 pm

Havnt read the manga yet, but I saw the first two episodes of the anime, it looks pretty good.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Death Note

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:35 pm

So who here is watching the new Death Note anime?

It's currently up to 5 episodes, and damn is it good. If you haven't given it a look, go grab some fansubs and get caught up in it.

http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/884.html

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:09 am

I'm watching it. Currently watching Toriyama's World subs because they seem to be putting them out faster. There was some other thread in this section where someone brought it up but nobody replied when I asked what subs people were watching, so I figured nobody else was watching it. It's pretty kickass.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:33 am

I'm watching Toriyama World as well, but I haven't much of a preferance. For the most part, one fansub group is no different from another to me.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:14 am

The only issue I have with TW is sometimes they use some fancy font, and it's hard to read on my TV, but at least they don't do that thing that Eclipse does where they color the subtitles according to the person's hair color.

AchtungAffen
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:38 am

Yep. This is one of those new animes I'm enjoying. With NHK ni Youkoso and Kemonozume. I have some of the manga but now I'm waiting to watch the series before reading.
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

Legend of the Past
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Legend of the Past » Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:10 am

Jeez, you have no idea how much I'm starting to like this anime. I just watched Episode 09 yesterday and got really excited. Looks like the pressure will be going up between L and Light, and should bring up some fairly interesting situations.

Has anyone read the manga? A friend of mine read all of it and told me some stuff. The manga has such incredible twists-L and Light are geniuses, I swear.
New Signature Policy

It all returns to nothing...

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:17 am

Legend of the Past wrote:Jeez, you have no idea how much I'm starting to like this anime. I just watched Episode 09 yesterday and got really excited. Looks like the pressure will be going up between L and Light, and should bring up some fairly interesting situations.

Has anyone read the manga? A friend of mine read all of it and told me some stuff. The manga has such incredible twists-L and Light are geniuses, I swear.

I've read it on mangarun, so far, with the exception of how they use short flashbacks in the manga, everything is pretty much exactly like the manga.

Legend of the Past
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Legend of the Past » Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:14 am

Yes, so I've heard. Another friend of mine notes apples have never been so popular before, either. Never that big a motif, anyway, and the anime and LA movies are somewhat different in this regard.

Though I hope the anime keeps following the manga. Sounds like the manga was t3h 1337.
New Signature Policy

AchtungAffen
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:52 am

Apples are ready for a rerun. Probably Death Note influence, probably not. The new Nerv logo will tell...

Oh Gainax, I won't ask again what the hell you're doing. I'm afraid of the answer.
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

bp32
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby bp32 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:54 pm

After reading a little about the anime and seeing the trailer for the LA movie I am thoroughly intrigued. Is there a release schedule for DVD's of the anime and LAM stateside yet?
"Men judge generally more by the eye than by the hand, for everyone can see and few can feel. Every one sees what you appear to be, few really know what you are."-Niccolo Machiavelli

"In religion and politics, people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second hand, and without examination."-Mark Twain

Legend of the Past
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Legend of the Past » Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:08 pm

Not as of yet. The anime is still being aired. 37 episodes, and only 12 episodes were released so far, so there's still plenty of time for that.

Just download it while it's not lisecened. Same for the movie.
New Signature Policy

Dascoo
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Dascoo » Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:46 pm

Omg I watched episode 7 and I was like "YOUR FUCKED NOW LIGHT", and he totally pwns that girl. That was an excellent episode.

Now Lights gone crazy....I'm watching this show every week.

Trigger's Elysium
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Trigger's Elysium » Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:58 pm

I'm completely bored with it, due to the fact I already read the original manga. I'm enjoying Code Geass more.
He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man. There is no measuring Muad'Dib's motives by ordinary standards. In the moment of his triumph, he saw the death prepared for him, yet he accepted the treachery. Can you say he did this out of a sense of justice? Whose justice, then? Remember, we speak now of the Muad'Dib who ordered battle drums made from his enemies' skins, the Muad'Dib who denied the conventions of his ducal past with a wave of the hand, saying merely: "I am the Kwisatz Haderach. That is reason enough."

Dascoo
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Dascoo » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:54 pm

Trigger's Elysium wrote:I'm completely bored with it, due to the fact I already read the original manga. I'm enjoying Code Geass more.

I'm watching Code Geass right now...pretty good, but average good like FMA.

Trigger's Elysium
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Trigger's Elysium » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:26 pm

Yeah. It's sort of average, but I like it. The only real complaint I have about the series is Suzaku. He sucks. Moar Lelouch.
He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man. There is no measuring Muad'Dib's motives by ordinary standards. In the moment of his triumph, he saw the death prepared for him, yet he accepted the treachery. Can you say he did this out of a sense of justice? Whose justice, then? Remember, we speak now of the Muad'Dib who ordered battle drums made from his enemies' skins, the Muad'Dib who denied the conventions of his ducal past with a wave of the hand, saying merely: "I am the Kwisatz Haderach. That is reason enough."

Return to “Anime and Manga”