XBOX360 Launches in South Africa 29 Sept 2006

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

XBOX360 Launches in South Africa 29 Sept 2006

•      
  •      

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:56 pm

Just posted this for those who might be interested in how the xbox360 is going

Xbox 360 Launches in South Africa
Posted: 08/21/06 03:32pm
By Author: Hang Lauv
Microsoft has provided a new launch date to expand their worldwide presence as the Wii and PS3 only begin to see manufacturing floors. Next up is South Africa going on sale Friday, September 29 at midnight. Combine this launch with the ones in Hungary, Czech Republic, Slovakia and Poland and the Xbox 360 will expand from 16 to 21 countries.

“We’re very excited to be bringing Xbox 360 to gamers in South Africa in time for the upcoming year-end holidays, when we expect to have sold 10 million consoles around the world,” said Chris Lewis, Regional Vice President for EMEA Home and Entertainment Division, Microsoft.

The country’s residents will be able to join the next-generation for R2,669 ($379 USD) for the Core Xbox 360 and R3,669 ($521 USD) for the Premium Xbox 360. At the same time they’ll be able to pick up Project Gotham Racing 3, Kameo and Perfect Dark on launch day as well as the Xbox 360 wireless controller, batter pack and universal media remote accessories.

“South Africa is a country where the appetite for console gaming is growing in leaps and bounds – expanding to Africa allows us to build a successful business ecosystem for our partners, and to bring more gamers amazing next-generation gaming and entertainment experiences,” said Cindy White, South Africa Group Marketing Manager, Microsoft. “We’re committed to ensuring gamers in South Africa have a great Xbox 360 experience. To that end we’re taking steps so that a full portfolio of great games, tailored to appeal to local tastes, is available as well as accessories that complement the gaming experience.”

With the HD Era soon to kickoff in South Africa, Microsoft isn’t slowing down. Instead they’re thinking bigger. Their next targets include India and Chile.
I have too much anime, yet it's not enough. Anime Addict, if it were a drug; I'd be dead.

Titus
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Titus » Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:43 am

Who cares....Let X-box die....

Games should stick to computers....

:twisted:
"I say Evamonkey did it himself. After seeing that Titus had more Eva images than him, he was driven into a fit of jealousy that led him to set this up in the hope of infecting everyone with a trojan that automatically rooted through their harddrives and sending him any images he didnt already have." - Space Penis
"some of the most intelligent people I know are complete fuck ups, and some of the less intelligent ones are incredibly interesting and promising." - The Eva Monkey
"Titus I love you!" - Zugzwang
"TITUS + ADSL = Disaster" - Timesplitter 01

Faußtin
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Faußtin » Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:25 pm

Titus wrote:Who cares....Let X-box die....

My thoughts exactly. Damn X-Box! Because of that bastard there won't be a PC version of StarCraft: Ghost! DAMN YOU!!! :evil:
:twisted: !!!HELL IS FUN!!! :twisted:

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:39 pm

Titus wrote:Who cares....Let X-box die....

I am sure that there are enough games to go around. Especially with 7 computers and 1 Console between us.
I have too much anime, yet it's not enough. Anime Addict, if it were a drug; I'd be dead.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”