Doujin Requests/Recommendations/Discussion etc

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

Doujin Requests/Recommendations/Discussion etc

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:37 am

Hello Good Mams and Sirs, I want to share my favorite Non H-Doujins with you. These are mostly all Shinji/Asuka related though Rei and Misato (Mari too) are in some of them, I will be posting them throughout the next few days, the art inside each of these should either range from satisfying to great. These are sweet, romantic, sometimes depressing and/or funny so please enjoy.

We can also talk about purely H doujins too though we can not post links, I am willing to discuss and recommend some though.

In fact the first H doujin I want to recommend for all Asuka/Shinji fans is Suki, it's very romantic. It takes place a while after EoE and Shinji finally (once again) tells Asuka that he loves her but this time she doesn't reject him, it's totally WAFFy. I feel it to be the best Asuka/Shinji doujin outside of Re-Take ever.

Shinji and Asuka and a Hot Day

Tenohirano Adolescense

Tenohirano Adolescence 2

Fortissimo
SPOILER: Show
Can someone please tell me what is going on in the shower?

I also want to recommend two H videos

The first one is ASH, it is very romantic and sweet, I just wish it was translated. I guess it's an AU to either the night that Asuka came to Shinji's room or the night before the Unit 3 activation test.

The other is Aka Yatsu, basically when Asuka's Unit 3 activation test goes south she enters a dream where her and Shinji go at it like bunny rabbits.

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

Re: Doujin Requests/Recommendations/Discussion etc

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:13 am

Oh joy, I can really get behind this topic. Gimme a day or two and I'll see what I can contribute (just after I compile a list of H-content stories and links to the non-H ones).

Fortissimo
Can someone please tell me what is going on in the shower?

The translated version makes it pretty clear: she's on her period. Which also explains her moods, too: hormonal overdrive.

The first one is ASH, it is very romantic and sweet, I just wish it was translated. I guess it's an AU to either the night that Asuka came to Shinji's room or the night before the Unit 3 activation test.

This needs subtitles so badly it makes me want to scream. Without a doubt one of the best pieces of animated A/S I've ever seen. Shame it's so short.

EDIT: 1500th post. Neat.
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

Re: Doujin Requests/Recommendations/Discussion etc

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:23 am

View Original PostAngelNo13Bardiel wrote:Oh joy, I can really get behind this topic. Gimme a day or two and I'll see what I can contribute (just after I compile a list of H-content stories and links to the non-H ones).

The translated version makes it pretty clear: she's on her period. Which also explains her moods, too: hormonal overdrive.

This needs subtitles so badly it makes me want to scream. Without a doubt one of the best pieces of animated A/S I've ever seen. Shame it's so short.

EDIT: 1500th post. Neat.

I'll be glad to see what you can contribute, I really want to download Girlhood+ but it's like 161 pages long.

I was under the impression that she took off her panties so she could lose her virginity.

But those 10 minutes are glorious, BTW do you think it's an AU to the night she comes to his bed or the night before the activation test?

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:41 am

Hey, guys... why don't you talk about WHY you recommend them, not just list them? Make sure this is a discussion, not a catalog.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:50 am

Wait... Videos? There are fan-made A/S H videos?!

Also more than a little creepy that ASH (presumably standing for A/S H) = name of Bardiel's girlfriend.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:23 am

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:Wait... Videos? There are fan-made A/S H videos?!

Also more than a little creepy that ASH (presumably standing for A/S H) = name of Bardiel's girlfriend.

That's exactly what it stands for Good Sir, it's really cute and romantic if you want to watch it. They have this scene where after Shinji receiving the stigmata is walking home with Asuka at night carrying groceries and he drops a bag due to pain and she actually shows a moment of concern and decides to carry the bag for him.

@Nemz Well as you can see Good Sir I go off the criteria of how cute, romantic and/or how sexy something is. I also base it off of how well drawn something is, take for instance Shinji and Asuka and a Hot Day. It is beautifully drawn, the characters appear to be themselves, it's romantic and heartwarming, there's just so much to praise about it, I mean can't say this for everything cause I'll just repeating the same thing over and over again. I mean I can imagine us debating which one is better but I don't really have the heart to argue. I can give a brief summary of the events if that counts as discussion otherwise do you want to change the title to
Doujin Requests/Recommendations/Catalog?

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:58 pm

Maybe just recommend ONE item per post, and do so with some degree of detail. Like what we have going on in the anime recommendations thread.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:06 pm

View Original PostNemZ wrote:Maybe just recommend ONE item per post, and do so with some degree of detail. Like what we have going on in the anime recommendations thread.

I can do that Good Sir

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:07 pm

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:Wait... Videos? There are fan-made A/S H videos?

There were 2 WAFFY H fan games (maybe more by now?) titled Asuka Kana and Asuka Kamo, I think something of an AU to NGE but I'm not sure. I forget which one is a sequel to which. The links for them should be on my mediafire folder, assuming it's still up and running after all these years.

There's also a sweet H video of Asuka and Shinji in place of beginning EoE events, but it's the same video as some creepy Asuka (or Rei?) tentacle or rape crap at the start. :irked:

Innocent end screencap here:

~Take care of yourself, I need you~

ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:10 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:There's also a sweet H video of Asuka and Shinji in place of beginning EoE events, but it's the same video as some creepy Asuka (or Rei?) tentacle or rape crap at the start. :irked:

Innocent end screencap here:

I wouldn't mind the video being shared with me if you know where it is Good Mam.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:20 pm

No idea, but those 2 WAFF-H games I mentioned can probably be found if you search in the right places (THAT BOARD, Google, etc).
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Clover
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Clover » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:44 pm

Is there seriously an H doujin thread on evageeks?
White Lie

ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:57 pm

View Original PostClover wrote:Is there seriously an H doujin thread on evageeks?
White Lie

I'm still recovering from Eden bro, I'll never forgive them for the character assassination of Asuka. I can't believe they're the same artists who do the Confusion series. I will not be reading any Rei related doujins any time soon...okay maybe that's not true especially if it's Asuka, Rei, and Shinji, I can accept them as a OT3.

Clover
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Clover » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:58 pm

View Original PostChaddyManPrime wrote:I'm still recovering from Eden bro, I'll never forgive them for the character assassination of Asuka. I can't believe they're the same artists who do the Confusion series. I will not be reading any Rei related doujins any time soon...okay maybe that's not true especially if it's Asuka, Rei, and Shinji, I can accept them as a OT3.

You actually read them?

ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:02 pm

View Original PostClover wrote:You actually read them?

Oh yeah, except for volume 1 in English, they don't seem to have it.

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:51 pm

First dojin that came to mind when I saw mention of recommending something H is WC or Wet Children by pinvise and Suzutsuki Kurara. Mari x Shinji x Asuka shenanigans. Aside from the shenanigans, I like the artwork in this one. B&W but the characters are drawn really well. One of my favorites is a non H Rei panel:

Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:58 pm

View Original PostAR-99 wrote:First dojin that came to mind when I saw mention of recommending something H is WC or Wet Children by pinvise and Suzutsuki Kurara. Mari x Shinji x Asuka shenanigans. Aside from the shenanigans, I like the artwork in this one. B&W but the characters are drawn really well. One of my favorites is a non H Rei panel:

I love the look on Shinji's face when Rei walks in on them at the end :lol: I too like WC but I honestly prefer the romantic stuff like Suki, Plug in Baby, and Renai + Paper.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:08 am

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:There's also a sweet H video of Asuka and Shinji in place of beginning EoE events, but it's the same video as some creepy Asuka (or Rei?) tentacle or rape crap at the start. :irked:

You say that like you know nothing about me. :lol:

So you don't even have the name of this video?
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:13 am

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:You say that like you don't already know the wide variety of what I'm into. :lol:

So you don't even have the name of this video?

I think now that I looked at the screen shot I know what that one is.

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:17 am

^ I've seen that one too, but I can't remember the title for the life of me. Shame it began with tentacles as well, those are...not my thing at all. :um:

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:Also more than a little creepy that ASH (presumably standing for A/S H) = name of Bardiel's girlfriend.

Yeah, I caught that too. Eva and me have always had some freakin' eerie coincidental moments of synchronicity over the years.
And it's technically her nickname/petname, but...bah, semantics.
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”