EVANGELION FANFIC WRITERS NEEDED!!!

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

Rei_Rocks
Embryo

EVANGELION FANFIC WRITERS NEEDED!!!

•      
  •      

Postby Rei_Rocks » Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:43 am

As you may know Israfel777, Brickhaus81, and me are working on a Evangelion fanfic. Thus far we will soon be doon with the first episode. We have already had lots of ideas thought up and posted and planned. We also have three new fanfic characters. Hinoki, Sagiri, and Yuri. However, we need new ideas and nw writers. If interested post here or PM me. Thank you.
Rei Ayanami is the greatest anime heroin!!!

Israfel777
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Israfel777 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:31 pm

As RR had explained, we are in need of talented writers for this fanfiction, which is estimated at near 20 chapters including a 4 chapter End of Evangelion rewrite. Due to lack of man power, despite no release was ever announced, we are behind in two months on the first chapter, leaving us in a dire situation.

If you have any spare time and would like to contribute, post any bit of information you can about yourself and any contacts you may have.

We are nearly finished with Chapter 1 but would help is appreciated for future chapters.

Thank you from all of us.

P.S.- RR, it's Yori, not Yuri. XD

master0rolando
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby master0rolando » Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:37 am

yeah Yuri..is kinda...

you should probly post links to your ideas

Israfel777
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Israfel777 » Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:00 am

master0rolando wrote:yeah Yuri..is kinda...
you should probly post links to your ideas

Where? And besides, I can type up a general description of it. We keep all ideas on a forum, and most of it contains spoilers for it, therefore, we couldn't give out that info.

Here's my brief description:

The fanfiction will take place after Leliel, which would make our Episode 17 our first chapter. Unlike the series, many changes to Evas, equipment, Angel appearances, and the storyline itself will subject to change. The three new fanfiction characters are as follows: Sagiri Koubu(14), Hinoki Koubu(16), and Yori Yugiri(14). We have not yet determined when Yori will come into the picture, however Hinoki will follow soon after the first chapter, with Sagiri appearing in the first.

We have possibly concluded a number of 4-6 new Angels. Despite our attempts at maintaining the Eva canon, only the Angel canon will be broken, and possibly extended to twice its size to 36.

Just ask me a few questions, that's all I have to say.

master0rolando
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby master0rolando » Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:54 am

ehhh...no...i have a bad feeling about it...

you need to explain your ideas (ESPECIALLY...if your adding characters and angels)...cuz i cant tell if they suck or not

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hunter21 » Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:34 am

Falling behind right away is not a good sign. And what are you doing to counteract the divergent writing styles of the people working on the fic?
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

Faußtin
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Faußtin » Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:32 am

That was my problem too. I'm also writing a fanfic, and I would be utterly pissed off if someone would want to put his/her paws on the keyboard with the intention to continue my lil' story. These are the two reasons I don't understand why are they writing it as a group. If you're doing it alone, the reader will get used to your writing style, thus helping the reader to get used to your way of speaking (whatever you do, your style will mark that piece of kilobites) and the way you think.
For example, Mr. Tines told me that my story's point of view is jumping all around like a crackhead rabbit, and that tends to confuse the reader a lil' bit. This is deliberate, though its not too easy (I think) to get used to it. But when Nagiori (my new character) speaks, my brother said that he is just like I am, or at least very close. This is not a deliberate thing, and I just can't do anything with it; and the reader - lets say s/he knows me - can get used to it quite easily. And these are just examples - I know and I bet that there are more mistakes like these.
And now start thinking about the same thing but this time with more people. In your case, its three times more problems. Six eyes can see more, three brains can think of more, but three people will write three different things. So I don't think that this will work as you think it will.
If you write a good story together, I will apologize for my words above. If not, well... lets just say that I pray that I will be proven wrong.
:twisted: !!!HELL IS FUN!!! :twisted:

Israfel777
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Israfel777 » Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:34 am

Hunter21 wrote:Falling behind right away is not a good sign. And what are you doing to counteract the divergent writing styles of the people working on the fic?

The reason behind the delay is because we had too many ideas being developed before we even started the first chapter that we kinda exhausted ourselves before hand. About the writing, we follow a system of editing and corrected with every scene, so that we can maintain the same final writing style used in each scene.

master0rolando wrote:ehhh...no...i have a bad feeling about it...
you need to explain your ideas (ESPECIALLY...if your adding characters and angels)...cuz i cant tell if they suck or not

Just what can give you a bad feeling? It would be hard for me to explain everything.

Check this thread and read the whole thing, because some changes took place during this thread.

[url]http://evageeks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1456[/url]

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:42 pm

To answer the major concerns:

1) We aren't "behind." To be behind would assume we have some sort of deadline. We don't. It's just taking longer than Israfel had hoped. The first chapter is nearly done.

2) The writing styles. One member of our group has more or less edited the various works as to have one voice. Everyone's ideas are left in tact, but it doesn't sound divergent either. I know this sounds kinda iffy, but when the scenes are read back to back, they flow rather naturally.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

zeaven
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby zeaven » Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:30 pm

I think the proof, as they say, is in the pudding. You'd probably garner more support if you posted a small snippet of chapter 1 or showed us where a rough draft would be available.

Faußtin
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Faußtin » Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:09 am

You're right, but I think we should wait for the chapter to be finished. By the way, is that the first "part"? :? Because I tend to mean many smaller parts together under the word chapter. I'm in a little confusion around this part.

@BrikHaus, Israfel
What you say makes me a bit optimistic. :wink:
Though to be honest, I have fears and hopes in one big jar, so hurry up writing that darn chapter, I wanna read it for God's sake! :D In that case I could be reassured that I was right (worse) or wrong (better).

Israfel777
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Israfel777 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:39 pm

Faußtin wrote:@BrikHaus, Israfel
What you say makes me a bit optimistic. :wink:
Though to be honest, I have fears and hopes in one big jar, so hurry up writing that darn chapter, I wanna read it for God's sake! :D In that case I could be reassured that I was right (worse) or wrong (better).

We want to be sure that you guys will enjoy it. And we decided to go ahead and finish the chapter, so we can release it here for you guys to have something to read from beginning to end.

Any ideas or suggestions you want to make. Let us know by posting here or pming us.

CorporalChaos
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby CorporalChaos » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:44 pm

I'm sorry, I'm not a very good team worker...

Good luck with your story though.
Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is generally the correct one.
Essel's Corollary: The simplest explanation is never the fanon one.

Faußtin
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Faußtin » Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:11 am

Don't make Kaoru gay, PLEEEEEEEASE!!! And if possible, don't kill him, he is such a nice fellow, isn't he? *flings a big axe and looks around with a threatening gaze*

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hunter21 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:38 am

Ignore Faußtin, feel free to kill the bastard off in the most painful of ways. :twisted:

Actually do whatever you damn well please. Giving reviewers what they want is generally a bad idea. Go with whatever you already had planned.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

Israfel777
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Israfel777 » Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:21 am

Well, we finally finished the first chapter, so check it out. I couldn't get it on anywhere else at the moment, so bear with me at this place.

Chapter 1 - "A Dark Welcome"

Hit us up with reviews and such. It would help us know where we stand.

Faußtin
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Faußtin » Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:33 am

Hunter21 wrote:Ignore Faußtin, feel free to kill the bastard off in the most painful of ways. :twisted:

Thats still better than being gay... :P

@Israfel777
I'm writing this while I'm reading it, so its pretty fresh. :D

Gendo-Fuyutsuki scene: Cool. 8)
*Reads on*
ZOMGWTF?! Ritsuko+Misato?! ... Not a bad idea after all... the vocab is superb! I hafta look some of 'em out of a dictionary... 14 and married?! Geez... I don't believe that he is really 14... not a good idea, but can be with an accurate and tricky hit with a magic wand... “Don’t ever insinuate I’d ever do anything with that little weasel Shinji!” I don't think Asuka would use so complicated words when swearing. It would be like "I'm not going out with a dumbass!"... And rat instead of weasel, but I'm not too familiar with English students' way of swearing... “Oh yeah? Listen up, ya little bitch. What makes ya think that anyone would wanna do anything with you?” Touji rocks! :D ... Hikari lulz... :lol:... "Shinji turned around and said, “Ayanami, we have to go.” Just when did Shitji grow balls? :? ... "I'm finally here. Hopefully, I can help NERV make the world a better place. Maybe now less people will suffer and die. Less people will end up like Mom..." How knightly... -_- At least there will be another guy who has a spine (the other guy is Kaoru)... You don't have to say how Gendo speaks all the time. Everybody knows his way of speaking. ... “Gendo?” Commander Ikari, this is how people tend to call him... or at least IIRC... ... Shitji grew balls... Shitji grew balls... I have to get used to it... ... “Are you still depressed?” Asuka cares for Shinji... What the fuck... "It’s just after the UN forces dropped a N2 mine" UN has a habit to throw N2 mines at everything bigger than the Titanic... :P ... ... ... "His thoughts had focused once again on his own misery. It seemed as if he would never find an escape from his mental oblivion." Now just where the heck did those balls run to? :? Baka Shinji. He can't grow balls permanently. Adrenaline tends to help though. ... "Perhaps he should have gone to the shelter after all." :lol: ... I imagined the scenery from 3rd Person... holy living fuck... wow O_O *applause* ... ... "“Have they finally run out of ideas?” she thought with a smirk." :lol: ROFL!!! ... ... ZOMG!!! A great battle, at last!!! GOOORE!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :D :P :wink: :lol: ... ... Ritsuko's lines are enigmatic as always :D :wink: :P It reminds me of the original Ritsuko of the original NGE... In other words, you mimed her pretty well... Its more like NGE than mine'll ever be... but thats not really NGE, just some random rambling about stuff... *stops whining and reads on* ... ...
It has ended?! Oh, crap!!! I wanna read on!!! :(:(:(
*Recalls promise*
I apologize for my doubts, fears and for underestimating your team. *Bows* Very well done! I hope you'll continue writing it and letting us know when you're finished with the new chapter(s). :)

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:08 pm

There was an error, and the 2nd draft of the story was inadvertently posted. The 3rd and Final draft has now been posted.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Israfel777
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Israfel777 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:04 pm

Yeah, that was a blunder on my part. We are now starting to work on Chapter 2. If anyone now would like to assist us in the fan fiction, please contact me, Brik, or RR by pm or Instant Messenger or leave a response here.

Thank you.

Faußtin
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Faußtin » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:53 pm

I wonder if it could be any better... :? I'll read it, but not now, its darn late here, and I'll have a tough day tomorrow.

Return to “Fanfiction”