FML General Thread [6]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:15 am

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:

View Original PostBagheera wrote:I know nothing about that. Nosiree, not one damn thing. :whistle:

Pshaw! I'm like that in real life too. :tongue:
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby EvangelionFan » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:33 am

Spending time on the internet and not getting a great deal from - I relate to that in this moment, only in my case it does not involve arguing with people, but looking at Pokemon cards on the internet. help!
Voluntary Illusion.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:53 am

So I submitted my job kit in a timely manner, but I've been waiting many days for the gig to actually start. In the meantime, my anxiety has festered so severely that I've actually gotten sick (judging from the painful swelling at the junction of throat and jaw). I don't seem to handle the downtime between transitions very well.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:01 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:

Tried this about a year back. It wasn't fun at all. -o-;

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:01 am

Gonna have to take a sabbathical from all sorts of work, after what felt to be a rotten week and lost more than I could've earned.

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Catamari » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:56 am

The ants are back. Time for more Terro. EAT THE BORIC ACID YOU LITTLE ANTY FUCKS. YOUR DAYS ARE NUMBERED.

Normally I wouldn't care too much if there was a sugar ant or two. But these are fire ants. Shit. This might hurt.
Official Sexpert of Dai-Ero-Dan
"I LOVE LADIES." - The Eva Monkey
"If I can't wipe my own ass, then it's time for me to go." - Guy Nacks
"[Catamari] Just advising you to check your privilege" - Bagheera
"Fuck you, Switzerland" - Archer

Squigsquasher
Banned

Postby Squigsquasher » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:34 pm

View Original PostCatamari wrote:The ants are back. Time for more Terro. EAT THE BORIC ACID YOU LITTLE ANTY FUCKS. YOUR DAYS ARE NUMBERED.

Normally I wouldn't care too much if there was a sugar ant or two. But these are fire ants. Shit. This might hurt.

Ah, the fire ant. AKA evil on 6 legs.

Be grateful they aren't bulldog ants. Those things can kill people.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Trajan » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:00 pm

After taking two tests on Thursday (which I feel sort of meh about: could have gone better, could have gone worse), I have another test on Monday and one of Wednesday. And after that, if the entities in questions are interested, I may have interviews with up to three different firms for internship positions.

Also, the $1,500 on UT's food plan is not enough to feed someone for a whole year, it's barely enough to feed someone for a semester.
Movin' Right Along
"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
"All styles are good except the tiresome kind." - Voltaire

Compiling_Autumn
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby Compiling_Autumn » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:00 pm

View Original PostEvangelionFan wrote:Spending time on the internet and not getting a great deal from - I relate to that in this moment, only in my case it does not involve arguing with people, but looking at Pokemon cards on the internet. help!

I'm right there with you man, except my obsession has been the Warhammer 40K wiki. Not interested in playing the game, but hey, now I know almost everything about this fictional universe.

Spoiler Alert: Humanity has it pretty bad in the year 40,000
"The will to lose one's will?"
"Absolutely. The will to make oneself completely free. Will is the wrong word, because in the end you could call it despair. Because it really comes out of an absolute feeling of it's impossible to do these things, so I might as well just do anything. And out of this anything, one sees what happens."--Francis Bacon

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:42 am

Job still hasn't started; don't know when it will. The viral infection in my head took its sweet time to progress past the "painfully swollen throat glands" phase, but now I finally have the sniffles and I get to mouth-breathe myself to sleep.

Sorrow
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Sorrow » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:30 am

At least you'll be over the ill phase for when [s:3f2rt654]life[/s:3f2rt654] work does begin. Any idea why you didn't get a date of when they'd like you to start?
The fate of man…the hope of man is written in sorrow.

Sgt. Griff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Sgt. Griff » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:38 am

View Original PostReichu wrote: I get to mouth-breathe myself to sleep.

Ugh. I hate it when my nose gets too blocked and I have to do that. It's so weird as well, why is it so uncomfortable.
Leave Shinji alone

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:25 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:I get to mouth-breathe myself to sleep.
Eucalyptus oil on the pillow to help keep the passages clear. That's how I deal with the problem.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Trajan » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:46 am

My own throat is pretty sore. I'm probably going to have to go out and buy some cough drops before things get any worse.
Movin' Right Along

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:54 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:Eucalyptus oil on the pillow to help keep the passages clear. That's how I deal with the problem.

Huh. I'll keep that in mind-- sounds like an interesting fix.

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Trajan » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:16 pm

You know what sucks? Having to study for a test the next day while you're sick. I would not recommend it.
Movin' Right Along

Sgt. Griff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Sgt. Griff » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:36 pm

My computer's done gone shat the bed.

Oh well, I got four years out of it, that's about average.
Leave Shinji alone

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:38 pm

Funny, the same thing happened to me after the same amount of time. I paid apple $300 to replace the innards, though, so I have a new four-year-old computer. :lol:

Squigsquasher
Banned

Postby Squigsquasher » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:56 pm

So I went on 8chan's /tech/ board asking about encryption software now that TrueCrypt is busted. From what I can gather, the fact I have Windows (specifically 7) means my computer is about as secure as a paranoid schizophrenic homeless person, encryption or not.

In this day and age, where the NSA are more of a threat to your computer's security than any malware site, this will not do. The problem is, I have so much stuff on my PC (games, programmes etc) that a full OS change would probably write off most of my software. And I'm tellin' ya, after all the work I put in to get all that shit, I am NOT losing it all. So from what I can gather, the only solution that would give me a safe and secure PC whilst maintaining programme functionality is a dual boot system- so the option to boot in either Windows 7 (for games and shit) or another OS (probably Linux of some kind) for more sensitive shit. Only problem is, that's gonna need another hard drive or 2. Fortunately I have expansion slots, so I have the option to put more drives in there, but it's gonna cost a fortune. Also I'll have to reboot every time I want to play vidya.

So what do? I cannae leave my PC undefended and with a giant gaping hole in its defenses in the form of Windows and its many backdoors. And yet I do not wish to lose my massive stockpile of software.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:00 pm

Why would you need another HD for a second OS? Just buy a copy of Parallels and change your main boot system to something more secure.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”