FML General Thread [6]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby KingXanaduu » Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:26 pm

Things haven't been going well for me at home for both my work....and my personal affairs.....not at all. :raincloud:

It's been a strenuous couple of weeks, and I really think it's starting to affect me, especially on the Rebuild/Shinji forums, and you guys as well as Shinji don't deserve such a treatment. Sorry if my behavior has gotten too negative. It's just....there are a lot of things going on in my life right now that I really need to get my shit together with. :sigh:
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:53 pm

Amazon Logistics (in the UK, at least) is at the lowest level of incompetent. Today they tried to deliver my package to an obviously business address at 7pm, when the building is closed. They are going to try again tomorrow, at the weekend, when the building will be closed. Maybe they'll do better on Monday - but in the past they have on occasion failed to find the address at all*, even though it has its own postcode so that any GPS will guide them to the front door. I think they use out-of-work pizza-delivery drones. When I remember, I select any method of delivery that avoids using Amazon Logistics, but I forgot this time...

* There was an amazing time they looked for an Oxford address in Edinburgh, and then sent the goods back to the warehouse and cancelled my order.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Squigsquasher
Banned

Postby Squigsquasher » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:56 pm

Garry's Mod seems to be cacked up. Reinstalling it- thank god for Steam.

Also, it's boiling in here. No A/C and no fans = roasted Squig for dinner.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Eleven
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Eleven » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:53 am

Feeling depressed --> can't concentrate --> need to learn --> fail --> depressed --> ... You get the picture. :sigh:
I apologize for any grammar mistakes, as I am not a native speaker.

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:16 am

20" monitor had to shipped out for repairs (it was overheating, so needing capacitor and possible IC replacement), so I have to make do with a 17" Dell and a pitifully small 1024x768 resolution.

Damn, fucking short on cash to get a replacement monitor, and all I can afford is the repair itself (also have to prepare for any possible added charges aside from the usual fee).

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:57 am

View Original Postsoul.assassin wrote:and a pitifully small 1024x768 resolution.

Back in my day 1024x768 was the norm and we liked it! Why I beat FF9 on a 1024x768 CRT, son! Hee heeeee! :geezer:
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

CX1329
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Postby CX1329 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:52 am

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:Back in my day 1024x768 was the norm and we liked it! Why I beat FF9 on a 1024x768 CRT, son! Hee heeeee! :geezer:

I remember being perfectly happy with 800x600. :lol:
Sapientiam autem non vincit malitia.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:57 am

I remember...

Well, perhaps I'd better not go on about it!

I was doing diagnostic medical image processing in the 1970s using images of 64x64 pixels, or 32x32 if they were moving images.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:07 am

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:Back in my day 1024x768 was the norm and we liked it! Why I beat FF9 on a 1024x768 CRT, son! Hee heeeee! :geezer:

1024x768 was also okay, provided it was under Windows 95 or 98, and looked big enough that I never needed to go bigger (say, 1280x1024).

Not so under Win7 right now, and that some of my modding work needs larger amounts of screen real estate when editing.

Squigsquasher
Banned

Postby Squigsquasher » Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:51 am

I was playing my PS3 on a CRT TV the size of a child for a few years.

For that matter, I'm using my PC, PS3, PS2, Xbox and Dreamcast all hooked up to the same TV- a 32" Sony LED I think. I know some people frown on using TVs for gaming but I've had no troubles, and it beats having a tiny screen.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

EvaBrothers
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby EvaBrothers » Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:58 am

First things first, I'm sending xanderkh and Eleven a hug of encouragement. :huggles:

Secondly, my orders from Amazon and YesAsia are late and I'm worried sick the packages may have gone lost. While I bought books from Amazon with gift cards earned via paid surveys... there were personal budget money involved in the YesAsia order, so I'm not in the best of moods today (plus other things that add up to it, like leg cramps :irked: ).
~ Luana Spinetti ~ [email protected] (Email)
Note: I'm no longer the author of the fanfiction "Eva Brothers from Cybertron". I passed authorship to a friend (Lia Dospetti) who's turning it into her own work, while still maintaining homages to NGE and Transformers, as well as Star Trek. I still draw the artworks, though, and I have some fragments of the old fanfic here.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:00 am

View Original PostEvaBrothers wrote:First things first, I'm sending xanderkh and Eleven a hug of encouragement. :huggles:

Wish I could get a hug too....

Well, in truth, I was really close to getting one, but my will was too weak... I'm sorry :shinchair:
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

EvaBrothers
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby EvaBrothers » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:13 pm

Nah, don't be sorry, Shinoyami65. Here's one for you, too: :huggles:
Note: I'm no longer the author of the fanfiction "Eva Brothers from Cybertron". I passed authorship to a friend (Lia Dospetti) who's turning it into her own work, while still maintaining homages to NGE and Transformers, as well as Star Trek. I still draw the artworks, though, and I have some fragments of the old fanfic here.

Eleven
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Eleven » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:52 pm

Thanks, that's nice! ^_^ Got some shit done today. (Still not enough, but it was a start.)
I apologize for any grammar mistakes, as I am not a native speaker.

EvaBrothers
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby EvaBrothers » Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:12 pm

You're welcome, Eleven. ^_^ Depression is an ugly beast *kicks it out of the door* Yeah, she better stay out. :D

Great to know you got some stuff done today!

Right now I'm trying to kick my bottom to finish up an article for a client. And it's an easy one! But I'm blocked :|

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:13 pm

My own avatar reminds me of my loneliness. I want to leap on her and shove my face in her chest, like diving into a bowl of whipped cream.

Also, assembling a Stok charcoal tower grill is harder than assembling the goddamn space shuttle.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:18 pm

I've seen the space shuttle get assembled once in the VAB when I was working at NASA and it's pretty complicated, if only because of the size.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:19 pm

At one point I had to have three other people hold this thing so I could tighten a screw or it would fly apart and fling the screw off into space. I ended up losing two.

Fortunately I have a collection of self tapping metal screws, because I am weirdly prepared for every problem. Except the lack of a pair of big boobs to rest my head on.

I long for the inner peace I once felt.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Trajan » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:00 pm

I hate how my Dad always has to text his freaking girlfriend while we watch stuff together. He interacts with his phone like a fourteen year-old girl and he was always the one getting on people's cases for using their phone during movies and the like.

Also wish their was a polite way to tell him, I really don't care what his girlfriend thinks about things.
Movin' Right Along
"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
"All styles are good except the tiresome kind." - Voltaire

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby KingXanaduu » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:09 pm

Thanks EvaBro. It really mean a lot. :)
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”