[MANGA] [GOS2] How long is Angelic Days/Girlfriend of Steel

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Themaninblack
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Themaninblack » Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:35 am

The Eva Monkey wrote:I got volume 6, and it looks like it might have ended there.

From the cover art for that volume with Asuka and Shinji holding hands, I think it's fairly obvious who he ends up with.

Misato?

Pen-Pen?

The very fact Asuka was the 'first girl' granted her immedaite victory over Rei. Harem laws of attarction dude.

TriLink
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby TriLink » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:20 pm

Just got done reading Vol 4 and I gotta say I'm a little befuddled as to where their going to take things from here.

All the children are grown up, and Vol 5 is supposed to be all about Gendo and Yui in Middle School. If that's the only thing in the next two volumes I'll be disapointed.

I'm reading this shit for more Asuka, not Yui damn it!
" Just one question America...WHO IS FUCKING OUR PING PONG BALLS!?" -Dr.Stephen T Colbert DFA

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:02 pm

TriLink12 wrote:I'm reading this shit for more Asuka, not Yui damn it!

But Yui is God.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:14 pm

Volume 6 has these short stories after the events of Volume 4, the final chapter being a S/A chapter (which I read awhile ago RAW). ^_^ The others are Toji/Hikari (cute), Misato/Kaji (yay!) and Rei/Ritsuko (huh? *blinks* )

Vol.5 sounds intgruing, I didn't bother reading it raw because I wanted to wait for it to be translated. Gotta see how they explain the deal with Kaworu. If she's not Adam, then what? :?

What I'm wondering is does Reichu approve Gendo, Yui and Kaworu protrayed as Middle School Students? ;)
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

TriLink
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby TriLink » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:04 pm

Good_Noodle wrote:Ooo, did you buy it or get it from the interweb?

Umm, a mix of the two.
Angelic Days Vol 4

StarDust wrote:Volume 6 has these short stories after the events of Volume 4, the final chapter being a S/A chapter (which I read awhile ago RAW). ^_^ The others are Toji/Hikari (cute), Misato/Kaji (yay!) and Rei/Ritsuko (huh? *blinks* )

Is that so? Sounds interesting I guess, if not a little on the random side. Would it really have killed Hayashi to have stretched the main story out two more volumes though?

What I'm wondering is does Reichu approve Gendo, Yui and Kaworu protrayed as Middle School Students?

What I'M wondering is whether anyone approves of Ritsuko/Rei shipping.Image
" Just one question America...WHO IS FUCKING OUR PING PONG BALLS!?" -Dr.Stephen T Colbert DFA

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:11 am

TriLink12 wrote:What I'M wondering is whether anyone approves of Ritsuko/Rei shipping.Image

I shall have to dig out the pic I have of the two of them in bed togethr.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Cesternino53
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Cesternino53 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:46 pm

So what happens to Kawrou at the ending of volume four?

And 5+6 sound interesting...

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:11 pm

It seems like Kaworu just kinda disappears as Adam did earlier (though Adam also disappears in the GoS2 game w/o an explanation <_<). I'm assuming there is something of a Kaworu=Adam connection in this manga, though I'm not certain.

They'll probably explain Kaworu's past, where he is from in this AU in vol.5...
And MAJOR SPOILER
GoS2 Volume 6 SPOILER wrote:K-kun does appear in Vol.6. He reassures Shinji after S/A end up having their second fight in that story, and Shinji runs off to aplogize, not realizing he just spoke with Kaworu since Shinji doesn't remember him anymore, plus the fact Kaworu looks a little different. As Shinji runs off, Kaworu smiles and says: "Bye-bye...Shinji-kun." (I can post pics if you want.)

Lleonard Pler
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Lleonard Pler » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:41 pm

I have all 6 volumes (spanish edition) and it's one of the worse mangas I have ever read. Such bland plot and absurd characters...

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:59 pm

O RLY??? I think its actually better than Sadamoto's official manga, which is pretty sad considering well, that's the official manga. Though the artwork could be better I guess, seeing as its meant to be shoujo-style as opposed to Eva Shounen-style, I like it. *shrugs*

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:44 pm

I read the Angelic Days manga up to the end of the thrid volume and enjoyed it more as an oddity. I mean that was not Rei and somehow Asuka turned out to be more of a bitch than ever (I'm guessing that whole Kensuke loving Asuka thing was dropped).

I'm not particularly dying to finish it, I've always had a problem with the Japanese affection for the anime harem thing because the lead guy is ALWAYS so lame. The guy usually has no defining qualities except he's nice (I know its a way for smelly otaku's to vicariously experience being swamped over by women but come on, NICE? I've been naughty and nice with women and both have failed miserably at times and pased admirably at others).
I also can never buy the concept of women literally FAWNING over Shinji. He's an amazing character but would more likely be bitch slapped by one of the women than anything (I buy it in Anno's anime cause its always a subtle issue, Rei never talks to anyone but Shinji, and Asuka is messed up enough, Kaworu's just obnoxious...).

ANYWHO (sorry I tend to rant when I should be working) I was just hoping someone could explain to me, Ive read over the posts and people have given away the ending but they kinda drop this bombshell off nonchalantly-

Rei and Ritsuko? Huh? I'd buy Aoba and Gendo before Rei and Ritsuko (though I bet theres fan fiction for the Aoba/Gendoites out that- "Oh Gendo, your beard would go SOO good with my air guitar).

Could someone just explain? Its not a romantic ending I hope. Cause theres like 50 wrongs with that. I mean Angelic Days was lazy writing but thats just....well....thats a Gainax ending.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:26 pm

Didn't get a chance to answer 'till now, but when I skimmed thru Vol.6, Rei/Ritsuko isn't a "romantic" pairing, it just means the short story's about them. As opposed to Hikari/Touji, Asuka/Shinji and Misato/Kaji (the final one mentioned I *think* is a romantic pairing but I don't know) being of the romance variety.

Afthartos
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Afthartos » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:50 am

Guys i know that first thing u will answer is "We can't give u information about that is forbidden by rules and blah blah" but please i really want to read Angelic days Past Volume 4 and i have no access to credit cards in no way(nor friends or relatives) so downloading them or getting them by an other fella is my only chance of getting them!Please i know that each m8 here maybe thinkin "give us a break man or go to hell" but could u please contact me in msn or by mail(i know that it may not be allowed to answer it in the Thread) and give me a solution of how to get in my hands Volumes 4,5 and 6?if a person could just sent them to me somehow or point to a direction of where to download them(I doubt there is one though as i search almost every google entry)i would soooooo gratefull and willing to help him with every way i can in a similar matter! thanx in advance and sorry if i'm being a bother

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hunter21 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:19 pm

Don't give the kid anything till they improve their grammar. Mine eyes doth bleed profusely.

And by the way 5 and 6 are in most books stores and only cost $10 each. I don’t know why you would need a credit card for those two.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:22 pm

Hunter21 wrote:Don't give the kid anything till they improve their grammar. Mine eyes doth bleed profusely.

<snippy>
what ^he^ said

and anyways, welcome to the forum :tiphat:
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

cat42
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby cat42 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:41 pm

Afthartos wrote:I really want to read Angelic days Past Volume 4 and i have no access to credit cards in no way(nor friends or relatives)

You have no friends and/or relatives? Or none of them are old enough to own a bank card? Or none of them will help you? Or you just like to steal something that you get get for $10 in the real world, or online for like $9 (including shipping)
"...I follow you both online and offline, and I am a 4-dimensional manifestation of absolute evil..." - Reichu-tachi
"In all cases, eventually it becomes necessary to decide to 'deliberately betray the fans.'" - Yoji Enokido
I believe in the director of Eva 1.11.

RandomStuff
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby RandomStuff » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:12 pm

Going way back here, I thought Kaworu was just an extension of Adam in this one. Kinda like a big spaceship sending out the little scout thingy, to see what's going on with the enemy.
Irrelevance is the key to success! Losbacas.com
It's like pulling teeth from the corpses of the defiled!-Jake
Wayne's cancer-curing hair cures cancer!
The golden magic 8-ball says you must die...

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:20 pm

YAY! That makes sense! ^_^ It was driving me crazy how that wasn't really explained in this manga (in the game, Kaworu's just a regular kid), but the connection to Adam was still there.

Would you say Kaworu was also something like the inner desires of people, both good and bad? That's one thing I got out of from reading (and re-reading) this series.

Afthartos
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Afthartos » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:00 pm

cat42 wrote:
Afthartos wrote:I really want to read Angelic days Past Volume 4 and i have no access to credit cards in no way(nor friends or relatives)

You have no friends and/or relatives? Or none of them are old enough to own a bank card? Or none of them will help you? Or you just like to steal something that you get get for $10 in the real world, or online for like $9 (including shipping)

You have it ALL wrong pal!Firstly believe me when i say u have no idea how much money i would be eager to spend on it just to get it!Secondly....Where are u from????Cause where i come from (Greece) They have absolotely NOTHING related to anime or whatsover!!!So our bookstores sadly sell a load of other CRAP but no...No manga...The only store that has comics is an american addict comic store with only Spiderman and Superman and that kinda Crap!So dont u give me that "nab-him-with-a-stick" questions..All i did was to ask (extremely kindly and discretely i would say) for help to enjoy the ending of one of my most favored Anime Series that came to a new manga series (new as a manner of speaking)..It's ok if u have the core to buy them so easily from ur "Bookstore" or from the internet with bank accounts,but u have to face some reality that NOT everyone has the ability to do so..Thanx for answering though and sorry if i sound a bit aggresive to my quote to u but u came allover me and so i went off..Again sorry in advance
welcome to the forum
Thank you THE Hal E. Burton 9000 Glad to have joined :)

So coming to my earlier post again...Is there anyway or anybody that could help me??THanx in advance again.

majlund
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby majlund » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:49 am

A little piece of advice: Read the rules - this section in particular [url]http://evageeks.org/FGP/EvaGeeks_Forum_Rules_and_Guidelines#Posting[/url]
Si vis Pacem para Bellum

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”