More Eva? (Recent news: "Rebuild" Newtype article)

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
AchtungAffen
Banned

More Eva? (Recent news: "Rebuild" Newtype article)

Postby AchtungAffen » Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:50 pm

Just saw this:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=9318

Oh noes...

The copyright line was indeed changed:

©GAINAX・カラー/Project Eva.
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

System Shocker
Lilith

Postby System Shocker » Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:15 pm

Oh noes... is right. Since Hideaki Anno is the one doing the films now, it's going to be bad. Actually, I think this is exactly what we have all been waiting for. Everyone has seen all 26 episodes and there should be more that just a movie. It seems like the Live-Action movie is going to happen and that will be animated by WETA Workshop, and this will be something seperate and entirely animated. Good show. I wish they had started earlier, now we will haveto anticipate this for a really long time. Thanks AchtungAffen.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Postby The Eva Monkey » Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:21 pm

Tantalizing. :D

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:55 am

I shall pray every morning for a prequel OVA. More Yui! More Gendo! More Kozo! More Adam, Lilith, and Evas! And... much, much more Dr. K! Image

...How many times has Anno purportedly gotten sick of "Eva" now? In any case, if the implications of this pan out, he'd better live up to his promise. That is to say, any possible illumination on preexisting mysteries should be shadowed by material to argue relentlessly about for at least another 10 years.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Mundane
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby Mundane » Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:58 am

Wonder why he would be sick of his brainchild? Sure it was a depressing period of his life, but depression has created brilliant things.
"Evangelion's some heavy shit. I've heard people get into serious philosophical debates on the internet. Then they jack off." -C4

rei on your parade
Embryo

Postby rei on your parade » Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:51 am

6 possibilities I can think of right now
1. Angelic Days anime.
2. Prequel.
3. Sidestory that takes place during the series (à la Cowboy Bebop Movie).
4. Another alternate ending.
5. Remake.
6. Continuation (as in after the End).

reagen
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby reagen » Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:46 am

Wahoo!! More Evangelion!!! Damn!! Gainax really likes to makes money out of this Evangelion cow!!
She Smell Like Angels Ought To Smell
The Perfect Woman, The Goddess...
Worth Killing For, Worth Dying For, Worth Going To Hell For....
------------------------------------------------------
I Can Only Love One Woman,
No Matter The Day, No Matter The Era
That Will Not Change...

ice reaper
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby ice reaper » Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:01 am

Reichu wrote:I shall pray every morning for a prequel OVA. More Yui! More Gendo! More Kozo! More Adam, Lilith, and Evas! And... much, much more Dr. K! Image

...How many times has Anno purportedly gotten sick of "Eva" now? In any case, if the implications of this pan out, he'd better live up to his promise. That is to say, any possible illumination on preexisting mysteries should be shadowed by material to argue relentlessly about for at least another 10 years.

amen. a prequel is definately what we need (as i've said for a looong time) and seeing our homies in their (slightly) younger days will always alow us to fuck up our interpretations of each character ever more.

"The divine fall silent as the freil plea aloud"

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

Postby jcmoorehead » Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:42 am

I'm not going to get my hopes up but it is intriging. I'm not too bothered what it is if it is something new and Eva related although i'd like it to be a sequel or a prequel and not a side story during the series.

tinmeigut
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby tinmeigut » Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:18 am

OMG it's perfect! It's been like 10 years and I'm dying for some new Eva stuff! I don't care what it'll be about, just Eva. But what else can you think of to add to the storyline really? The story had ended in a hopeless and hopeful way and what you can add maybe only a prequel just as Reichu said.
If all the world hated you, and believed you wicked, while your own conscience approved you, and absolved you from guilt, you would not be without friends. -Jane Eyre, Chapter 8

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Postby The Eva Monkey » Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:35 am

Reichu wrote:I shall pray every morning for a prequel OVA.

And that way, Studio Sokodei will have the footage they need to make Eva ReDeath: The Phantom Uberpimp.

the3rdchildren
Adam

Postby the3rdchildren » Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:33 am

Any additional Evangelion animation is something I would welcome with open arms, but it seems too good to be true.

I'm still hoping they remake the series and incorporate some of the manga changes, which in my opinion were for the better. Wow, this is exciting stuff, but I can't help but think it's going to be a huge disappointment.

Shin-seiki
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Shin-seiki » Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:30 am

copy-pasta:
(saw this on 4chan)

http://www.animenewsservice.com

8-7-06 (7:04AM EDT)---- New Evangelion Anime Movie(s) Coming?
One of the biggest rumors running this summer among Japanese fans online involves Studio GAINAX, presumably under the aegis of Director Hideaki Anno, re-editing and adding new animation footage to the original 1995 26 episode Evangelion TV series (ala Gundam Zeta) and releasing them as a series of new movies to Japanese theaters. So the story goes, as many as 4 movies could be produced and the 4th one may be entirely new material or may contain an entirely new ending to the Evangelion saga. A side rumor from a few months ago indicates a staff room for Evangelion was being created or renovated at GAINAX HQ. This questionable information started circulating prior to the below mentioned GAINAX search launched, looking for production and animation staff for a forthcoming Hideaki Anno directed animated film project codenamed "Color" (Khara). Those who meet the criteria are encouraged to email to joboffer(AT)khara.co.jp or call. What can be confirmed now as fact is Evangelion and project "Color" are connected and the proof can be found on GAINAX's official EVA website. At the bottom of the page, the copyright statement has added "color" (in katakana) to the Project Eva copyright information. Other twists include the following: A whois search for the domain khara.co.jp reveals it is registered to Khara Corporation. The name Todoroki Ikki is listed as registration and tech contact. It's worth noting Anno Hideaki appeared in the movies Taste of Tea and Naisu No Mori with Todoroki Ikki. Additionally, a search on GAINAX's company overview page shows the Director's name is no longer present. This is leading many to speculate "Color / Khara" could be a spinoff studio perhaps similar to Hideo Kojima's production label "Kojima Productions" or Hayao Miyazaki's private office "Ni Bariki".

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

Postby BobBQ » Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:46 am

Isn't "khara" Mongolian for "look out!"..?

As far as the possibility of new Eva material goes, I won't get my hopes up, but I won't complain either.

treeoflife
Embryo

Postby treeoflife » Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:09 pm

I don't think I'm going to get my hopes up, but I wouldn't mind a prequel or a sidestory. However, an Angelic Days anime would make me vomit. The manga is bad enough.

Kaworu Nagisa
Embryo

Postby Kaworu Nagisa » Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:15 pm

But then there is always the sad possibility that we have just gotten our hopes up and that Color has nothing to do with Eva whatsoever. :(
Then again, I could be totally wrong. I'll just wait for more info to come about.
Kaworu died for your sins > . >

ice reaper
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby ice reaper » Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:28 pm

well, there was a rumour - picked up on here - that that there was an eva prequel in the works, so this would help back that idea up...though it might be completely unconnected.

"The divine fall silent as the freil plea aloud"

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hunter21 » Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:29 pm

I wouldn't mind a prequel but anything else I would probably pass on. Hell since everyhting is just a rumor right now maybe Anno is just doing this to fuck with people again.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:42 pm

Hunter21 wrote:I wouldn't mind a prequel but anything else I would probably pass on.

Same here. "Prequel or bust."

Although if they wanted to make something about Yui In Spaaaaaaace!!!, or a story of the FAR (which would feature two characters we know -- guess who), I would also be giddy as a schoolgirl. But both of those have, like, 0% chance of happening.

Now, to put this development out of my mind and relieve my expectations into the toilet.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Ryousanki King
Adam

Postby Ryousanki King » Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:45 pm

I'd like it to be some ALL GODDAMN NEW characters, like Diebuster compared with Gunbuster. I'm sick of the old characters, to be honest.
Currently: Working on some comics + Photoshopping some new avatars

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”