[CYOA] Quantum Edition

General Role-Playing and collective works.

Moderator: Board Staff

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Agentomega » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:27 pm

1) pretty much accomplishes our earlier goal anyway, and we get to learn more about Rei (and the ventilation shafts).
Avatar: Rhoe Amariyo (© 2010-2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. FINAL FANTASY X|V)
Karigane Shirou in LoL's RP - Rebuild of Evangelion: We Are (Not) Together
"'I was a nerd before it was cool' ~Agent" ~Lance of LoL

SirRotgut
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby SirRotgut » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:21 pm

As Ayanami disappears into the concealed doorway you make your way closer. While hard to spot from the street, it's easy to make out the details when your up close including the mechanism to open the door.

Fumbling with he latch for just a second the door opens into a completely dark corridor. You move inside and the door shuts behind you with an ominous hiss. It's pitch black. If the door has switch on this side you can't see it. You put you arm out to the side, finger tips brushing lightly against the wall and slowly make you way forward into the dark unknown.

You continue on for sometime. Your not sure but you believe you are heading downward in a gentle spiral. You walk for what seems like hours before you finally see a light up ahead. A faint orange light filters in through a louvered door on one side. The door is locked you peer through the slits in the door.

What does Shinji see?

1) A room with a large tank filled with LCL

2) A large room with a Desk. Intricate designs are carved into both the floor and ceiling

3) A cat walk suspended above a huge cavernous expanse
Nope

Kikuchiyo
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Kikuchiyo » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:20 pm

2) Shinji's Ikea adventure.
"He breaketh the bow and snappeth the spear in sunder!"

Oxopoha
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Oxopoha » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:25 pm

2) Gendo Ikea's office it is.
"Shinji Ikari: Eroge Meta-Protagonist" - Agentomega
Just what you'd expect from the master Mr. Anno

Doctor Memory
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Doctor Memory » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:50 pm

1) Because I want to also meet Rivethead Rei and Cybergoth Rei. Not that Retro J-Punk Rei isn't fun already or anything, but how could I pass up more? I guess a Swedish Death Metal Rei is fine too.
(Don't) Excuse Me UhClem, But You're (Not) Making the Doctor (Un)Happy.

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Agentomega » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:36 am

Assuming NERV is still mostly laid out like the original series, I'd imagine 3. However, this is (not) canon, so I'll go with 1) because that was my second thought when I read about the orange glow.
Avatar: Rhoe Amariyo (© 2010-2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. FINAL FANTASY X|V)

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:02 am

Gotta be 1)

Can't simply dismiss the orange glow.
"If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid." - Me
"Has anyone ever told you how pretty your eyes are?" - Akio's most famous line.
Akio in Lance of LoL's Rebuild RP
Steam/PSN: MAGI_01 Origin: MAGI_02
Interested in a FMA based RP? Then check this out!

SirRotgut
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby SirRotgut » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:37 pm

Peering through the door is troubling. Something in the tank that you can't make out cast shadows in your direction. It's useless no matter how long you peer and eventually decide to continue on.

Turning toward the dark pathway you come face to face with a pair of glowing red eyes. Their sudden presences is more than a little startling.

"Pilot Ikari, Why are you here?" Ayanami's cold calm voice gives you the chills. "This facility lies outside the area of your clearance." Ayanami steps forward into the dim light, you can make out her NERV uniform and her bob hairstyle. While you wonder at her changed appearance she produces a key and proceeds to unlock the door.

"Follow me." she says opening the door "But i must warn you whats inside might be a little disturbing."

"You said I don't have clearance, is it OK for me to be here?"

"You are already here, are you not, and you have still not answered my question?"

"I followed you down here, from the access near the school." She gives you a scrutinizing look before turning to the door and opening it.

"I see, It is fortunate that you are Ikari's son." Ayanami walks into the dimly lit room, as you follow closely behind. Halfway across the room she stops at a control panel. Flipping a switch lights the room, revealing the dark object in the tank to be bodies. Dozens of copies of Ayanami smile at you from beyond the glass barrier. It's seriously creeping you out.

"Come" she says leading you to another room. this one looks like a makeshift bedroom Strange designs and crudely drawn art adorns most of the rooms flat surfaces.

"This is were i lived for the first years of my life, were some of my sisters now continue to do so."

"Why show me this, shouldn't you be having me hauled to the brig or something?"

"I Felt it important that you know." she says turning to you "Though i can not tell you why."

You feel a slight pain in your abdomen, looking down Ayanami holds a syringe in her hand. Within seconds you find it impossible to move and everything goes black.

1) You wake up in the Brig

2) You wake up in Dr Akagi's office

3) You wake up outside to blue skies and warm breeze
Nope

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Agentomega » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:02 pm

3) You started outside, so outside you shall return. (almost picked 2, so if there's a tie between 1 and 2 for victor, I vote 2 instead)

Oxopoha
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Oxopoha » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:40 pm

3) Calling we're on a boat. [s:15327jxl]motherfucker don't you ever forget[/s:15327jxl]

Doctor Memory
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Doctor Memory » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:27 pm

Oxopoha wrote:3) Calling we're on a boat.
Second. With Oktavia von Seckendorff Rei. 3 more and I can craft the badge!

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:19 pm

3)

SirRotgut
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby SirRotgut » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:14 am

A warm breeze caresses your face as you open your eyes to blue skies. Slowly the world comes into focus focus. Ayanami stand before you under a tree talking with an older gentleman, behind them is the cool blue waters of Lake Ashi.

"It's the same day after day. The disappearance of Autumn here really is a sad fate." the man says turning to Ayanami, "I hear 10 years from now and it won't make a difference, They will arrive and third impact will occur."

"Seele and Gihirn they have plans for stopping mankind's annihilation."

"But you have other plans."

"I do." she say turning toward you a she approaches you notice things seem a bit distorted. Ayanami her face framed in wisps of sandy hair reaches down and plucks you from your seat.

"There's no reason to do this Yui." he says. Yui the name of your mother but why does she look like Ayanami?

"That is why i am with Seele for the future of all man, For Shinji." The woman, no your mother embraces you tightly against her chest "Man can only live on this planet, Fuyutski Sensei, but Eva and those souls it carries even after this world ends, even if just one person lives."

"An eternal testament to man's Existence."

"You can't tell him this, I know what he will do, it's as exactly as i need done." you drift off to sleep once more in your mothers warm embrace.

beep. beep. beep. You wake up to the soft beeping of a heart monitor opening you eyes you see that you are in Dr Akagi's office. Your vision is blurry and your throat is extremely parched.

"I'm glad to see your finally awake Shinji you've been unconscious for a few days, I'll go get Ritsuko." you can't be sure but you think it's Commander Katsuragi.

"Hello Shinji." you hear the doctors voice "You gave us quite a scare. Your lucky that Major Ayanami found you when she did. "Seizures can be a very bad thing."

"Seizures?" you manage to croak out

"Yes. Ayanmi said she found you right outside of school, you were on the ground convulsing. you've not had anymore episodes have you?"

"No" you lie. You look over to where the commander is standing. " Doctor can we talk in private?"

Ritsuko doesn't say anything but Misato turns to leave giving the doctor orders to keep her informed.

1) Tell her about the episode with captain katsuragi

2) Tell her about what really happened with Ayanami

3) Ask her about your Mother and Fuyutsuki Sensei
Nope

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Agentomega » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:22 am

Oh. Well since this can all theoretically be a seizure-induced dream, I'm certain 4) all of the above would be relevant.

But if that isn't allowed, you might consider 3). 2 could get you killed (if it was real), and 1 could just be a day-dream.

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:42 am

3) Probably best that we don't speak about what happened with Ayanami.

Oxopoha
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Oxopoha » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:40 pm

3 for 3)

Doctor Memory
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Doctor Memory » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:28 am

Agentomega wrote:since this can all theoretically be a seizure-induced dream, I'm certain 4) all of the above would be relevant.
This. But my fallback would be 2) because Backstabbing Rei is not on my list of collectables.

SirRotgut
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby SirRotgut » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:34 pm

"So what is it you want to talk about?" Ritsuko ask coming to sit by your bedside.

"It's... well after i ran into Ayanami yesterday."

"Monday." she say interrupting you "4 days ago, and you say that you met Ayanami?"

"I mean.. i guess sometime after she found me." Dr. Akagi still regards you coolly. It seems you slip up doesn't garner any reaction from her. "Anyway i had a weird dream, about my mother, and she was Talking to someone. I think it might have been a memory."

"I see." she says "Can you tell me about it?"

"Ritsuko, uhm... Dr. Akagi did you know Fuyutsuki Sensei?" You see her visibly retract into her seat and sit up a little straighter. "He was talking to my mother, only she looked like Ayanami, I don't remember what she looked like, but I'm sure it was her."

"Fuyutsuk Sensei was friend to both your mother and father, he worked with us here for a while. He retired some years ago. He's become a recluse since his departure here. Shinji, can you tell me where you heard about him?"

"That's just it I've never heard of him, not until my dream."

"I think that's enough." she says abruptly scratching something down on a notepad. "Since your here i want you to see something." Ritsuko rolls a monitor over close to the bed on it is a 3D rendering of you head. Layer upon layer of the image begin to peel back, eventually stopping at the center of your brain, in it a tiny black dot.

"This" she says "Is the anomaly that we detected last week."

"What is it?"

"I don't know. At first i thought it could be a tumor or cyst. It hasn't changed any in a week, it's not malignant, and the Magi say it's not even organic at least not in a conventional sense."

"So is that what's causing me to see stuff?" you ask. Ritsuko gives you a sly grin

"Yes Shinji i believe it is. I also have your Toxicology report from Monday afternoon, and it's very interesting. It seems someone has been snooping around."

1) Confide in the Doctor

2) Ask to leave
Nope

Oxopoha
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Oxopoha » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:14 pm

1) Let's restate what the lady already knows.

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:57 am

Hard to read here just exactly what she's getting at. Either she means that she suspects someone was snooping around and that's who knocked us out or she is alluding that she knows that we were snooping around.

I'm torn I really really am....

If we go with the first choice, we may be owning up to something that she does not suspect we did. On the other hand the second choice, if she does know that we were the ones snooping around, is probably going to make things worse in the long run...

I'm gonna sleep on it, and choose tomorrow morning!

EDIT: I think I'll go with 1) Granted, that may not be the best choice here, but I think if we put out a few feelers before spilling the beans, we might avoid owning up to something that she does not suspect us of at all.

Return to “Role-Playing Related”