Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

WTF is your avatar and sig from?(h)

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:59 pm

Rebooting.

View Original PostCatamari wrote:

He was a European bear, at heart.

My paternal great-grandfather served on a British ship during WWII. He liked to tell about how the cat on the ship was promoted to being a proper sailor and would, as best a cat can, stand at attention.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:44 pm

New thread means new Rei avatar

No source pic because it has bare tits, so just the crop
Used the picture before I think, could be wrong though

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:21 pm

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:New thread means new ... avatar

I was going to wait, but then couldn't be bothered!
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Catamari » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:39 pm

IO, is that the whole image, or was it cropped?

Just because, you know, I can, I added a mustache to Mishaben. Her Lordliness has been exponentiated.
Official Sexpert of Dai-Ero-Dan
"I LOVE LADIES." - The Eva Monkey
"If I can't wipe my own ass, then it's time for me to go." - Guy Nacks
"[Catamari] Just advising you to check your privilege" - Bagheera
"Fuck you, Switzerland" - Archer

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

Postby UrsusArctos » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:09 pm

Continuing this from the old thread.

pwhodges wrote:
Vojtek  SPOILER: Show

Nice choice. Pity there are no photographs of Voytek carrying ammunition at Monte Cassino.
Another Voytek image  SPOILER: Show

So, everyone, which one of these three do I pick?
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:12 pm

Fixed your BBCode error, Arctos... and because the forum is so snappy now, it was a snap!
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Final Messenger » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:12 pm

View Original PostCatamari wrote:IO, is that the whole image, or was it cropped?

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:No source pic because it has bare tits, so just the crop
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

UrsusArctos

Postby UrsusArctos » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:15 pm

Monk Ed wrote:Fixed your BBCode error, Arctos... and because the forum is so snappy now, it was a snap!

If my sig didn't have a quote from the goddamn MaggotMaster I would probably sig that.

So which brown bear do you think looks best?
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:27 pm

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:So, everyone, which one of these three do I pick?
Go with the wooden one. Let the strength of the forest fill you with purpose as it did for the bears of old.

Do not let the past die, UrsusArctos.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Catamari » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:29 pm

@Final:Reading? WHAT'S THAT?

I like the wooden bear, too. A little crop-work and it'll be nice.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:36 pm

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:
Another Voytek image  SPOILER: Show

So, everyone, which one of these three do I pick?

I like this one, myself. The bottom says "Artillery supplying company".
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:38 pm

I gotta vote for the rather badass vector one.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:40 pm

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:So which brown bear do you think looks best?

System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

Postby ZapX » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:45 pm

I agree, that one is bitchin'.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

UrsusArctos

Postby UrsusArctos » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:14 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:I like this one, myself. The bottom says "Artillery supplying company".

Indeed, it should. The 22nd Artillery Company adopted Voytek and he returned the favor by being the most fearless ammunition carrier in the entire unit. He's now on their insignia, carrying an artillery shell to blow up Nazis with!

My choice is made.

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:02 am

Ursus's new avatar is awesome.

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Catamari » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:23 am

View Original PostXard wrote:Ursus's new avatar is awesome.

I agree. I'm not sure how it could be topped. For some reason, when I see that picture, the song "Soviet March" from Red Alert 3 pops into my head.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Shinoyami65 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:25 am

E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

UrsusArctos

Postby UrsusArctos » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:32 am

View Original PostXard wrote:Ursus's new avatar is awesome.

*Fires a 21-gun salute for Xard in thanks*

Re: Soviet - the bear that the Avatar is inspired from ( Voytek/Wojtek the Soldier Bear) came from Iran but was of the Syrian Brown Bear subspecies (which used to stretch from Syria to Iran) and served in the Polish Army before Poland was taken over and turned into a Soviet satellite state. The very reason most men from the 22nd Artillery Company stayed on in Scotland was because they had experienced Stalin's brutality first-hand and had no intention of going to the USSR. Which is also why Voytek never went back to Poland and got to stay on in Edinburgh Zoo - his adopted homeland had been overrun. So that's a very not Soviet bear.

So he stayed in the bear enclosure in Edinburgh (And remained Polish to the end, waving to visitors whenever they asked him to wave in Polish), where his old buddies would jump in and wrestle with him for old times' sake, or give him a cigarette pack or a bottle of beer.

Here's the story of the badass bear behind my avatar -
http://www.badassoftheweek.com/voytek.html

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Fireball » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:43 pm

New server killed my sig :um:

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

Return to “Old Stickies”