Eva 3.33 dub release question.

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
TheDrmcvey
Lilith

Eva 3.33 dub release question.

•      
  •      

Postby TheDrmcvey » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:27 pm

Is there a possibility that Funimation would first release the dub on Toonami? I know if they did that, the movie would get high T.V ratings. Or would they do it the other way around and release the BD version first? Thoughts?
Eva Rebirth

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:51 pm

Anything is possible, but I suspect the BD/DVD will come out first. I know the last ones got a small theater release as well.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Eva 04
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Eva 04 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:07 am

Wont happen. They didnt do this with the previous 2 movies so I doubt they'll do it with this one.

Mako
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Mako » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:10 pm

All I have to say is, if they even think about casting somebody else than Trina Nishimura for Mari and Allison Keith for Misato, I'm having a bitch fit.
Eva Q

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:53 pm

They will release the discs well before any television airing. They run on tight margins and I doubt they'd want viewership on television to cut into direct sales, even if CN pays them a licensing fee to air it.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:01 pm

Evangelion 1.11 and 2.22 were strong sellers for Funimation and I doubt they would do anything to disrupt that. The Cartoon Network airings are done well after the home video release and are longtail efforts to renew interest while getting some revenue out of the airing.

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:47 pm

View Original PostMako wrote:All I have to say is, if they even think about casting somebody else than Trina Nishimura for Mari and Allison Keith for Misato, I'm having a bitch fit.

I highly doubt you have anything top worry about, Funi does not have a track record of changing actors mid-series to my knowledge. Unless they quit or can't do the role anymore, I don't foresee any changes of already established characters. What I'm wondering is who will voice the new Wille characters?
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:23 pm

Funimation won't change the "Actors" between films. No worries there. ...Though once again the term actor is a loose one here.

Nah. They'll follow the same release pattern they did with 1 & 2. It's close enough to the end of the year to say it's a given Funimation won't bring the film out in 2013. So they'll probably follow the exact same release pattern they had with the first two.

I. Have a VERY limited theatrical run for a few weeks. I would not be surprised to see Evangelion 3.0 also get a heavy VOD push too with the way the film industry has gone lately. VOD is no longer the dirty stepchild it was a few years ago. In fact VOD might end up being the platform they go with.

II. Release it on Bluray where it does phenomenal numbers for Funimation since it's one of the few "traditional" anime releases that appeals to people outside of the traditional anime demographic.

III. THEN air it on Cartoon Network/Adult Swim when they feel the revenue from sales has slowed down a bit. Who knows, if Funimation picks up the pace & gets the film out on disc in the first quarter of 2014 I wouldn't be surprised to see it air in late '14.

IV. Millions of people on Twitter bemoan Shinji for being a "pussy", "fag" & "twerp".

V. I laugh with great vigor.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:40 am

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:IV. Millions of people on Twitter bemoan Shinji for being a "pussy", "fag" & "twerp".

Oh, oh, can we make a bet about which kind of message appear the most :
A : Shinji is a moron who can't do anything right and should just die
B : Misato is a bitch
C : Kaworu is a fucking fag
D : why the fuck is Gendo cosplayed as Cyclop?!

I sense immense amount of fun coming! :lol:
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

monitoradiation
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby monitoradiation » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:52 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:Oh, oh, can we make a bet about which kind of message appear the most :

My prediction:

A: 23%
B: 5%
C: 65%
D: 7%
"0" is the past, "1" is the future, but "the present" is nowhere - this is an undeniable logic.
Among the countless parallel lines, I settle on "blasphemy" as my choice.

Veoren
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Veoren » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:53 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:Oh, oh, can we make a bet about which kind of message appear the most :

"Twerp" lol, aww Shinji..

Would they really diss Kaworu like that? :facepalm: Why? Cuz they hate his screentime? I loved his character in the movie.

monitoradiation
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby monitoradiation » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:01 am

I like his Rebuild characterization better than in NGE, and the manga, now that I've read all of it. He was just strange in the manga. but boy did Rei make me weep like a little girl -.-

Back to Kaworu - I'm not sure why but it feels like his character changed between movies in the Rebuild continuity. His demeanor is just different. Not that he got much screen time in the earlier movies but he was a bit egocentric it seems earlier, but in 3.33 he was kind of timid.
"0" is the past, "1" is the future, but "the present" is nowhere - this is an undeniable logic.
Among the countless parallel lines, I settle on "blasphemy" as my choice.

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:03 am

View Original PostVeoren wrote:
Would they really diss Kaworu like that? :facepalm: Why? Cuz they hate his screentime? I loved his character in the movie.

Only time will tell but my guess is, yes, they will diss Kaworu since twitter seems to be a place where people like to vent homophobic slurs.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”