Neon Genesis Evangelion: The End of Days [OOC]

General Role-Playing and collective works.

Moderator: Board Staff

Burger of Power
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Burger of Power » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:34 pm

Sharp as always, Agent. Indeed you will be called brats and buttocks will be kicked thoroughly. And indeed it's very appropriate regarding the similarities between Evangelion and Attack on Titan and the fact that both Levis are on the highest rankings of their respective militaries... It's truly a shame that you got it wrong...

Thing is, there are several naming patterns that most, is not all, important characters follow. In Levi's case, she shares the same naming pattern than Commander Marlowe. As a matter of fact, except in Doctor Mayo's case, where one pattern overrides another, all of NERV's major NPCs follow this pattern... Perhaps it will be clearer if I state that the Major's full name is Levi Hobbes and that she has a brother called Nathan.

Regarding the Commander, yes, he is named after Marlowe's Doctor Faust. And yes, someone already said it. Me. You still get 10 BP since I'm not a participant. You also get 10 extra points for the smart Levi guess.

Regarding your app Viscount... There are some... Issues with it. I'll list them...

1) Could you please choose another base?, Lance wanted to create another character for Seraphad and there's only one spot left. If you say no, I think I'll add another slot in Seraphad (since I can do as I wish within my RP), But I'd like to avoid it.

3) I really like your Eva. However, you might want to consider giving it one or two features to boost it. Of course, a good use of your resources is what matters the most, but you are still below every other Eva in terms of power (and let's not talk about the Angels).

2) Your background has some holes on it. Mainly, why would an Eva skeleton be thrown out of Nerv-08 just like that?, It would be plainly stupid to do something like that. I'd prefer that you put something like that you slipped in Seraphad to search in its graveyard. It would be very unrealistic but not nearly as much. Also, Nerv-08 makes the best, most advanced armors of all of the branches. Surely you can make it show without renouncing to the Scrap Eva concept.

3) Another hole, even though this one is not your fault at all. Nerv-08 already has two NPCs as commanders. One most likely take responsibility of you after the death of your parents, being a catholic priest. The other one would hardly give a rat ass about you, but would allow you to build the Eva just for amusement. Maybe you should adapt your bio to that info, but it isn't required.

Other than that, yours is an excellent app.

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Agentomega » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:40 pm

Eh, you shouldn't give me BP for either o' those, I think. It doesn't seem right since I got the first one wrong and the second was already stated (even if by a non-participant). I'll just follow my resources further next time I make a guess XD
Avatar: Rhoe Amariyo (© 2010-2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. FINAL FANTASY X|V)
Karigane Shirou in LoL's RP - Rebuild of Evangelion: We Are (Not) Together
"'I was a nerd before it was cool' ~Agent" ~Lance of LoL

Lance of LoL
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Lance of LoL » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:48 pm

is Levi named for the Book Leviathan written by Thomas Hobbes?

Since Marlowe is named for Faustus by Marlowe?

Good application of Google has aided me.

Though I gotta ask, what did I get 30BP for? I remember the iFSH got me 20 for the two references, but what'd I get before that?
Avatar: MAKE WAY FOR THE HOMO SUPERIOR!

>>>>Rebuild of Evangelion RP "If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough."~Meister Eckhart<<<<

Nuke-kun: I know not of this "civil conversation" bullshit you speak of.

Burger of Power
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Burger of Power » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:58 pm

Sure?, 20 BP is Nothin'. Honestly, I'm just giving these away so you all get hooked!

PD: I'm surprised that you still haven't figured out Levi's. The key is in the surname!!

EDIT: Nevermind lol. Lance got it right xD. On a small note, that was the 100 BP Shout-Out. Umfortunately, that was just until my second post, so you only get 10 BP.

Lance of LoL
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Lance of LoL » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:27 pm

Also, I took a look at the data you sent me, and the heads of Seraphad share their names with Saints. If they're literary references, I can't find them.

>>>>Rebuild of Evangelion RP "If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough."~Meister Eckhart<<<<

ViscountPsychopath
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ViscountPsychopath » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:46 pm

Regrettably, I don't think I'll be able to join in on this after all. I've been swamped with assignment after assignment from my college classes, and I hardly have any time to myself for a while. So I'm really sorry, but I'll have to drop out.
People claim to be insane all the time.
However, you're only a psychopath if you've done what your insane mind has told you to!

~And that's why I'm a Viscount.~

Lance of LoL
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Lance of LoL » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:07 am

Just for fun, may I present the guide to the Evas according to the Tarot

Diciembre - 00 - The Fool - New cycle, discovery, new beginnings, optimism and happiness

Carolina - 01 - The Magician - Determination, journey, initiative, organizational and communicative skills

Gale - 04 - The Emperor - Success or strong person. Management of material affairs. Authority

Carter - 07 - The Chariot - Triumph and success. Self-confidence and will-power. Hard work, success comes with time.

Eliza - 08 - The Strength - Material, mental or physical obstacles overcome. Defeat, weakness and self-indulgence

Hervé - 09 - The Hermit - Prudence and planning. Suspicion. Refusal to take counsel or advice.

Veronika - 12 - The Hanged Man - Adaptation to changed circumstances, sacrifice.

Seung-Jin - 13 - The Death - Transformation. New cycle. Blessing in disguise. Stagnation, refusal to accept changes.

Noah - 14 - The Temperance - Balance, time of peace and harmony. Poor judgment. Too many involvements or activities

???? - 20 - The Judgement - Awakening. Changes to the better, beginning of a cycle. End of a cycle.[/u]

ViscountPsychopath
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ViscountPsychopath » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:38 pm

Well, as it turns out, I looked over my schedule again and I'm able to retract my former statement. Would it be alright for me to forget my previous character and make a new one?
However, you're only a psychopath if you've done what your insane mind has told you to!

Lance of LoL
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Lance of LoL » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:14 pm

http://youtu.be/m7R8yTvxdkw?t=15s

first four seconds of that sums up my opinion on that dear Viscount.

ViscountPsychopath
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ViscountPsychopath » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:12 pm

Take Two:

Name: Alastor Schwarzfeld
Age & Date of Birth April 7th, 2000
Nationality: American, German
Previous Station: Nerv 2nd Branch

Appearance: Alastor is a fairly tall, glasses-wearing individual with a perpetual monotone expression on his face. He has dull blue eyes and short black hair that rests unevenly on his head. Alastor has been noted as being a constant pessimist and shows it in his clothes and motions, generally wearing a black button-up vest over a long-sleeved gray shirt with dark blue jeans and dress shoes when not in his Plug Suit.
Suit Colours: Alastor's Plug Suit is an interesting blend of gray, dark green, and orange colors, with the arms in orange and the torso in gray. The entire lower half of the Plug Suit is dark green.

Evangelion:
-- Designation: Unit-19 "Heavy Arms Serpentine Evangelion"
-- Spirit: Older brother
-- Descent: Lilith
-- Technical Specifications:
Triple-Blade Impaling Arm: A prototype melee weapon that was attached to Unit-19 in place of a regular left arm; it extends up to the elbow for flexibility. The weapon consists of three long, stainless steel blades locked into a cylindrical holder made from reinforced steel fragments. Use of the weapon is fairly simplistic, but it has enough potential when used at close range to practically cut through any material.

Dual Barrel Shotgun Arm: An incredibly enlarged version of a double barrel shotgun placed on Unit-19's right arm, again extending up to the elbow. It has been crafted out of reinforced steel fragments like the rest of Unit-19's body to increase it's durability, but this also makes it quite cumbersome. As such, it usually hangs at Unit-19's side, and must be held up by the left arm or by a Grappling Arm.

Hidden Extendable Grappling Arms: Two pairs of additional arms concealed in Unit-19's sides just under the normal arms. Unit-19's sides can open up to extend and use these arms for multiple purposes, as they have regular human hands at the end of them. However, using these arms puts considerable stress on Unit-19's pilot, so they are used sparingly.

Shoulder-Mounted Fixed Rifles: Two enlarged semi-automatic rifles attached to Unit-19's shoulders. The rifles are in a fixed position and can be fired by pressing a button, but the Eva must be facing the target for the bullets to serve any use. A series of locks are in place on the rifles to detach them when ammo runs out.

Chest-Fired Spear Cables: Multiple cable-mounted spears hidden in Unit-19's chest area. The spears are only slightly larger than regular spears, but the cables are made from interwoven strands of titanium steel alloy to provide for a large amount of pulling strength. These can serve varying purposes.

Reinforced Steel Fragment Armor: Unit-19's armor was designed as another prototype to test the usefulness of reinforced steel fragments. The process for building the armor involved painstakingly welding and drilling small pieces of reinforced steel together until the envisioned armor took shape. The material is quite heavy, but allows for useful mobility and superb defensive abilities.

Segmented Serpentine-Based Leg Structure: While Unit-19's upper half is human like a normal Eva, its lower half has been constructed from several dozen segments of reinforced steel fragment armor laced together with steel cable in the form of a snake's body. Designed to make up for the heavy upper half of Unit-19, the bottom of the leg structure is lined with millions of tank treads to make mobility easy and quick. Because of the gripping strength of the treads, Unit-19's leg structure can also be used like an anaconda's body, wrapping around and squeezing the life out of its opponent.

Experimental Nuclear/Solar Power Source: Attached to Unit-19's back is a heavily experimental nuclear "backpack" of sorts that provides the Eva with power. The pack is programmed to distinguish between day and night and choose the appropriate power source to use: sunlight in the day and nuclear power at night.

-- Design: Unit-19's overall body structure somewhat resembles that of a snake with a human upper half, its overly-weaponized upper half having been designed based on Lilith and its lower half designed based on a snake's body. Unit-19's head is humanoid in shape, with a circular helmet atop it and a vertical line extending down the length of its face. It is assumed this blank face is actually a steel mask to hide Unit-19's real face. It has multiple strands of interwoven steel cable extending down the back of its helmet and one extending down the front to hang in front of its face, slightly resembling hair. Its head and torso are both colored a dull gray, while its arms are a dark shade of orange with gray streaks down them, the serpentine legs having a dark green color with a scale pattern along the top. Its triple-blade weapon is silver, its shotgun weapon is bronze and its rifles are black. Because of Unit-19's serpentine lower half, its height can vary greatly, and its armor makes it slightly bulkier than most Evas, but only by a small amount.

Background: Abandoned by his German parents shortly after being born in America, Alastor was cared for by his older brother, an active soldier in the American military. For the most part, Alastor's brother was kept from the front lines and spent much time with him, but when wars erupted after the Second Impact, Alastor's brother was sent out to fight. Shortly after, news came in that the front Alastor's brother had been fighting on had collapsed, with all American soldiers reported dead. This devastated Alastor, who began looking at everything with an overly negative attitude afterward. It was around this time that Alastor developed a fascination for snakes.

When the construction of Evangelion units became a major issue later on, Alastor, who was in his early teenage years at this point and had been working for the military as a code-cracker, was chosen as one of one hundred children to be tested in a process to locate a Chosen Child. Alastor was found to be one of the Chosen Children, and was sent off to Nerv's 2nd Branch in Area 51, where work was already underway on an Evangelion unit. While the top half of said Eva had been made in Nerv HQ back in Tokyo-3, it was then shipped to the Nerv 2nd Branch to finish, as Nerv HQ had reached its unit limit. Nerv's 2nd Branch was then ordered to finish the unit and find a pilot, giving the Branch creative freedom on the lower half and weapons. Upon Alastor's arrival, his interest in snakes was used as a base to finish the Eva, and Alastor was designated as Unit-19's pilot a few years later.

(Let me know if it's "amazing" enough, Lance. X3)

BPES
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby BPES » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:37 pm

Ok Viscount, hate to be the bearer of bad news and all that but parts of Alastor's background don't make sense.

The wars that followed 2nd impact were quite devastating, but only lasted from 2I, which was late 2000 to February 14th of 2001, if his brother died in a war caused by 2I Alastor wouldn't even remember him, let alone have been affected to change his outlook on the world.

And I don't know for sure, but I'm fairly confident that he wouldn't of been working for the military as a code-breaker before being identified as a chosen child. Major military organizations like America's don't make a habit of hiring child soldiers, with the in universe exception to identified children for project E.

Why he was designated as the pilot years after it was designed with his interest in mind is odd as well. And I'm going to check the first page again, but I think Nerv 2 only had the one Eva and Gale's already from there.

:Edit: Limited to one fully functional Evangelion... so I dunno, might be an angle to work around there.

On a side note, If you wanted to bump up the brother's death, In gale's background, UN intervention was eventually taken due to the civil unrest, of which he was a part of, and Seung-jin also had something similar occur. Just wouldn't be a War caused by 2I.
In my experiance, there's only one thing harder than learning something new... and that is teaching it.

BEEP BEEP MUTHERF******

Live: charleserg7 Steam: aciescaelestis PSN: ChocoBP7

ViscountPsychopath
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ViscountPsychopath » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:09 pm

Eh, I think I'll just pull out altogether. Have fun, you guys. Thanks for the advice.

Burger of Power
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Burger of Power » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:09 pm

Don't!, Your characters are completely awesome!, They just need a little fix here and there ^^~!

An advice if you wanna get it approved quickly, make your BG short and concise, writing only whatever's absolutely necessary. The less you write, the smaller the chance for holes to appear, and that way you also keep the mystery and have more freedom to develop the character during he RP. Character development is, after all, the soul of Evangelion :3

Burger of Power
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Burger of Power » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:20 pm

Most unholy shit, I should have posted a long while ago!

View Original PostLance of LoL wrote:Also, I took a look at the data you sent me, and the heads of Seraphad share their names with Saints. If they're literary references, I can't find them.

Nope, they are not... Theirs do not count as shout-outs, so I'll give ya' a clue... Their name is time-related and not in English.

View Original PostLance of LoL wrote:Just for fun, may I present the guide to the Evas according to the Tarot

Diciembre - 00 - The Fool - New cycle, discovery, new beginnings, optimism and happiness

Carolina - 01 - The Magician - Determination, journey, initiative, organizational and communicative skills

Gale - 04 - The Emperor - Success or strong person. Management of material affairs. Authority

Carter - 07 - The Chariot - Triumph and success. Self-confidence and will-power. Hard work, success comes with time.

Eliza - 08 - The Strength - Material, mental or physical obstacles overcome. Defeat, weakness and self-indulgence

Hervé - 09 - The Hermit - Prudence and planning. Suspicion. Refusal to take counsel or advice.

Veronika - 12 - The Hanged Man - Adaptation to changed circumstances, sacrifice.

Seung-Jin - 13 - The Death - Transformation. New cycle. Blessing in disguise. Stagnation, refusal to accept changes.

Noah - 14 - The Temperance - Balance, time of peace and harmony. Poor judgment. Too many involvements or activities

???? - 20 - The Judgement - Awakening. Changes to the better, beginning of a cycle. End of a cycle.[/u]

Lol, nice. I like the idea of Noah being Temperance. it fits his character from a... different perspective.

If I were to assign everybody a tarot card though, from what I've seen so far, these would be my picks!:

Diciembre - 00 - XIII - Death

Carolina - 01 - XIX - The [s]Asuka[/s] Sun

Gale - 04 - XVIII - The Moon

Carter - 07 - 0 - (I Pity) The Fool

Eliza - 08 - XV - The Devil

Hervé - 09 - IX - The Hermit

Veronika - 12 - VIII - The Chariot

Seung-Jin - 13 - X - The Wheel of Fortune

Noah - 14 - XVII - The Star [s]Platinum[/s]

???? - ???? - ???? (Who's this ???? ?)

FINALLY AND MOST IMPORTANTLY!!:

Dovah, it's yer turn pal :3.

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:30 am

Sorry for the delay.

Very short but there is not much going on to respond to right now.
"If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid." - Me
"Has anyone ever told you how pretty your eyes are?" - Akio's most famous line.
Akio in Lance of LoL's Rebuild RP
Steam/PSN: MAGI_01 Origin: MAGI_02
Interested in a FMA based RP? Then check this out!

BPES
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby BPES » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:35 pm

And so by request of the GM and general interest on my part, I give you yet another member of the cast as provided by BP. Needless to say, this one is a familiar but ultimately different beast. :devil:

Unit 02 Pilot  SPOILER: Show

Name: Hilma Krieg
Age & Date of Birth 22nd May 2004
Nationality: German
Previous Station: Nerv 03

Appearance: She has short straight hair, brown eyes and is short for her age. She tends to dress simply and has a rather noticeable cybernetic prosthetic left arm. While it does function as an arm fairly well, it is sluggish and lacking fine control.
Suit Colours: Hilma’s plugsuit is a dark red with slate grey highlights.

Evangelion:
-- Designation: Unit 02
-- Spirit: Classified (By Order of Commander Krieg of Nerv’s Third Branch)

Super Alloy K – Unit 02 is covered in an experimental alloy that is unbelievably durable, allowing it withstand impacts and blasts, as well as temperatures and pressures of an extreme magnitude. The main downside is that in order to move properly, its joints and lower torso are not as thickly covered. Unsurprisingly the Unit is notably slow with the heavy armour.

Chest mounted high concentration heat blaster (Feuer Brust) – A weapon that fires a directed heat beam that at its highest settings has enough force to punch through mountains and enough heat to glass the earth. Not a weapon that can be used frequently in combat.

Proto S2 engine – As Nerv 3 is the branch most focused on the development of new energy sources, they have taken a step into creating an S2 engine. It is not as powerful as the real deal though, but it can keep unit 02 active unconnected for longer than normal. Though not to the point where using the Feuer Brust would be viable.

Forearm Integrated Strategic Takedwon (F.I.S.T)– Unit 02’s left arm is designed to work with a remote system built into Hilma’s cybernetic arm. It allows her to remotely guide the appendage in the air. It is armed with RS systems to allow it to remotely generate an A.T field and spins, using this combination to create a flying A.T Drill.

Kukri styled progressive blades – Stored in its pylons are two Progressive weapons based on Kukri knives, though they are more like Machete’s by comparison to regular knives due to unit 02’s size discrepancy.

-- Design: Unit 02 is a Huge beast, being roughly 1.5x the size of most other Evas. It has deep red armour, with Slate grey highlights at all the joints and around the head. It’s got two horns that curve around the side of its head and yellow eyes. It’s left arm is clearly mechanical to the elbow and noticeably larger than its actual right hand and it has Radiator plates on its breast.

Background: Hilma is the youngest (And now only) daughter of a Scientist and a military officer. Hilma is an aggressive and anti-social child who holds everyone around her in some form of contempt. This is due to certain incidents in her childhood that has left her scarred mentally and physically and caused a severe turn from her original personality. Due to an accident, Hilma lost her left arm and her father created a cybernetic prosthetic as a replacement before he disappeared. She has been with Nerv 3 with her mother since that time, being tutored rather than sent to a school.

Although her Mother seemed very reluctant, Hilma was eventually cited as a chosen child and assigned to Nerv 3’s first monster, unit 02. Due to her Mother’s concern, her re-deployment to HQ in the face of the upcoming Crisis has been slow.

In my experiance, there's only one thing harder than learning something new... and that is teaching it.

BEEP BEEP MUTHERF******

Live: charleserg7 Steam: aciescaelestis PSN: ChocoBP7

Burger of Power
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Burger of Power » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:20 pm

Approved. When do you plan to introduce her?, Now or in the next chapter?

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Agentomega » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:13 pm

I finally found my muse and was able to write-up that bit thar. Sorry for the delay!

EDIT: Been sort of stressed taking care of things for work and such, but now I theoretically don't have any pressing matters to attend to for some time.
Avatar: Rhoe Amariyo (© 2010-2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. FINAL FANTASY X|V)
Karigane Shirou in LoL's RP - Rebuild of Evangelion: We Are (Not) Together
"'I was a nerd before it was cool' ~Agent" ~Lance of LoL

saintdane05
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby saintdane05 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:26 pm

Name: Jacob Eisenhower
Age & Date of Birth September 14th, 2001
Nationality: Murican
Previous Station: None, replacement for one at Branch 01
SPOILER: Show

Appearance: Image
Suit Colours: White with red highlights
Casual Suit:Image

Evangelion:
-- Designation:Unit 05
-- Spirit: Mother
-- Descent: Lillith
    Progressive Knife in both Pylons
    Default G-Type Equipment (Sniping)
-- Design: Image

Background: Jacob was never meant to be an EVA Pilot. That honor belonged to his twin sister, Maria. Maria, however, was dead, from a bombing on a train as she left for the airport. Now, he is part of a job he barely understands, to a place farther than he had ever been from home.

Sorry if its kind of light.
Last edited by saintdane05 on Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

Life is truth, and never a dream...
All souls know this from birth...
The truth is something that is chosen and grasped...
Something discovered with one's vision and will.
Only by gaining that does the seeker become truth himself,
a cord that connects past and future.

Bad John
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Bad John » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:11 am

Name: Jean Castor Stuart
Age & Date of Birth June 9th, 2000
Nationality: American
Previous Station: NERV First Branch

Appearance: An in shape young man due to his training, Jean tends to maintain a relaxed stature, with one hand in his pocket. He typically wears a black tee shirt and a black track suit with white stripes down the legs (think adidas). He nearly always wears his hat, glasses with transition lenses, and a black charm necklace from his mother. When on base, he sometimes spars and lifts weights in his plugsuit.
SPOILER: Show

Suit Colours: Black with dark brown on the forearms, and below the knees.

Evangelion:
-- Designation: Evangelion Production Model Custom Type-06 "Spent Gladiator"
-- Spirit: Stella Jean Stuart
Kinetic Brass Knuckles- Built into his hand armor, a pair of powerful, self heating brass knuckles for added blunt force trauma.

Bootstrap Mounted Prog Knife - Easy to draw, smooth, resembling a bowie knife, mounted on the lower calf. Full tang with three rivets, nickel plated to resist corrosion.

"KING" Varient Upsized Magnum - A massive six shooter hand cannon that can deliver a slug with major force. Ideal for providing lethal force against up close when fistfighting won't cut it.

Retractable Spiked Boot Cleats - Receiving a kick from Unit 06 has brutal consequences. The soles of the EVA's boot posses an array of ninteen retractable spikes, designed to tear at an opponent's flesh and armor without getting stuck, and anchoring the EVA on slippery ground. These spikes, if necessary, can superheat themselves and fire off from the boot in a spray of white hot spikes.

Shoulder Carried Magnetic Accelerator Cannon "Bazooka Joe"- While not a "part" of the EVA, this weapon is a mainstay to its arsenal. Firing a slug, though they are non-explosive by nature, can put a dent in the armor of almost anything, and has immense kickback, necessitating the Cleats to keep the EVA anchored and prevent it from being knocked on its backside. It comes preloaded with four rounds, and requires explicit permission to fire, due to the risk of the round simply piercing through the enemy and causing immense collateral damage. The pilot requested a massive painting of the words "Bazooka Joe" in bubble letters on the weapon, due to his love of old comics.

-- Design: Unit-14b is built to take a hit. The armor is quite robust, but reduces the silhouette by cutting down on the size of the shoulder pylons. The brown and silver EVA is sleeker, making it much harder for enemy Angels to find purchase while attempting to grab the unit. Its face possesses a large silver mask that shields its face from concussive impact (Kinda like the EVA helmet from Halo 4 :3), and keeps its face mostly invisible even when berserking. Its prog knife is located on its chest plate, strapped to the front, and its knuckles are hardened, possessing brass joints for punching and striking. Beneath the armor, its skin is a dark, tan color, and it has jet black eyes. The armor itself is dark brown with silver trim.

Background: Born to a pair of scientists, a Spanish father and an African American mother, Jean was a fairly normal child, and spent a lot of time in the First Branch in the United States. He was initially totally overlooked, and treated mostly as an office mascot. His father was killed by a malfunctioning EVA, and his mother, despite continuing work on the creature, slowly started coming apart at the seams. Jean was the only thing that made his mother happy, and to this day blames himself for her disappearance. After she suddenly vanished with no warning, Jean was alone. The staff took him in, the director of the Branch paying for his schooling. Eventually, he was conscripted as the pilot of the completed EVA that had killed his father and consumed his mother. He became a fine pilot in simulation, and during his first actual fight with a humanoid Angel, his weapon jammed, forcing him to fight the creature up close. Despite his fear, he stood and managed to give the creature a massive barehanded beating, allowing military forces to bombard the area and finish it off.

His training and life have made him strong willed, positive, and a fast learner, albeit hardheaded and standoffish at times.

Return to “Role-Playing Related”