Neon Genesis Evangelion: The End of Days [OOC]

General Role-Playing and collective works.

Moderator: Board Staff

BPES
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby BPES » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:20 pm

Sure no problem dude, go ahead first. It'd probably make things easier on me...

Speaking of.

Eva unit 01 pilot  SPOILER: Show

Name: Carolina Marlowe
Age & Date of Birth 20/06/2001
Nationality: German/Japanese
Previous Station:N/A

Appearance: A Average height blue eyed redhead whose hair is short and parted to the side, held in place by a blue hairclip. She tends to wear more stylish clothes that fit the eternal summer of Japan.
Suit Colours: Primarily sky blue with Yellow highlights.

Evangelion:
-- Designation: Unit 01
-- Spirit: Mother
-- Descent: Lilith
-- Technical Specifications:

Arm mounted Retractable Heat sword: A thick but short blade connected to a buckler like structure on its left arm. The blade can fold back when not in use to allow full use of the left hand without obstruction.

Pylon stored pistols: In each pylon there is a high calibre Evangelion sized pistol with extended clips. These are unit01’s only standardly equipped ranged weapons.

Bladewings: A set of five Sheaths connected via a moveable framework that will wrap around the Eva when not deployed but can spread out to provide open access for unit’s other than 01 to equip or bunch up over the shoulder to provide access to 01. There are two and each hold 5 melee weapons, usually heat blades or progressive blades. They COULD be fitted to carry extra rifles or such weapons but were primarily designed for the melee range. It makes unit 01 a walking armoury of sorts.

“Balmung”: An unbelievably massive weapon, it stands as tall as an Eva (40m at the Eva’s smallest recorded size) and about half as wide (By the standard of smallest an Eva is known to be). It is a heavy, cumbersome and sharp weapon, aided by experimental prototype to further enhance the vibrational power of progressive weapons. The end result is that at full charge the sword can distort and, with a fast enough swing, displace the air around it creating unparalleled sharpness supported by incredible weight. To allow it to be used effectively it had been equipped with RS Panels which channel the Eva’s A.T. Field to ‘lighten’ the blade. With Carolina’s natural affinity for piloting, she can wield this weapon one handed on a good day.

-- Design: Unit 01 is a Blue unit with silver trim and yellow highlights. Its legs and feet are equipped with extra forward weight and additional foot area to compensate for the additional weight on the back. The Bladewings are removable for maintenance but are not readily detachable in combat. Unit 01’s head has three small horns and two golden eyes with a mouth concealed by a face place.

Background: Born in Japan, Carolina lost her mother at an early age during a lab accident at her parent’s joint workplace. Due to his position there, Carolina’s father has since been the target of blame for her mother’s death leading the two to have a rather strained relationship. She takes almost any chance to disassociate herself from him and will quite readily jump on any perceived faults.

Other than her tenuous relationship with her father, Carolina has been rather socially inclined otherwise, being popular from a young age due to her foreign looks. Constantly surrounded by others, Carolina has typically made a habit out of working to ‘get along’ with those around her.

She’s also always been a reckless child but in more recent years it has grown into full blown thrill seeking, to the point of illegal. Carolina has involved herself with illegal races via high school students, dated older boys and generally done a number of things to keep her heart rate high, and more than likely anger her father. This has gotten her in over her head more often than not.

Many of the people that know Carolina properly think that she’s too harsh with her father and have pushed her to try and make amends, though she’s too attached to her, near-deified, memories of her mother and her own stubborn streak to try… until know.

[/spoiler]
In my experiance, there's only one thing harder than learning something new... and that is teaching it.

BEEP BEEP MUTHERF******

Live: charleserg7 Steam: aciescaelestis PSN: ChocoBP7

Burger of Power
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Burger of Power » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:39 pm

Approved. Will you post now or later?

If you are feeling pumped up and wanna post, do so, don't worry about me. I still have to set up some dialogue with Noah, and the PMs I get kind of slow me down.

BPES
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby BPES » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:42 pm

later, it'll be easier to get some set up after you've posted BoP
In my experiance, there's only one thing harder than learning something new... and that is teaching it.

BEEP BEEP MUTHERF******

Burger of Power
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Burger of Power » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:43 pm

Awesome. I'm getting to bed now tho, so the post will be up tomorrow.

Burger of Power
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Burger of Power » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:37 pm

Post's up!, Sorreh for the wait ^^"!

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:20 pm

So if I read correctly we will eventually get some kind of translator device?
"If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid." - Me
"Has anyone ever told you how pretty your eyes are?" - Akio's most famous line.
Akio in Lance of LoL's Rebuild RP
Steam/PSN: MAGI_01 Origin: MAGI_02
Interested in a FMA based RP? Then check this out!

Lance of LoL
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Lance of LoL » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:32 pm

okay, this one was easy. Babel iFSH, it's a barely disguised anagram of Babel Fish, the translating life form from Hitchhiker's guide to the Galaxy.
Avatar: MAKE WAY FOR THE HOMO SUPERIOR!

>>>>Rebuild of Evangelion RP "If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough."~Meister Eckhart<<<<

Nuke-kun: I know not of this "civil conversation" bullshit you speak of.

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:40 pm

View Original PostLance of LoL wrote:okay, this one was easy. Babel iFSH, it's a barely disguised anagram of Babel Fish, the translating life form from Hitchhiker's guide to the Galaxy.

That's where it came from! Gah, how could I have missed that one! :lol:

Think its time to re read Hitchhiker's guide again.
"If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid." - Me
"Has anyone ever told you how pretty your eyes are?" - Akio's most famous line.
Akio in Lance of LoL's Rebuild RP
Steam/PSN: MAGI_01 Origin: MAGI_02
Interested in a FMA based RP? Then check this out!

Lance of LoL
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Lance of LoL » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:50 pm

Oh, not to mention the really bad Apple pun of it being iFSh.

>>>>Rebuild of Evangelion RP "If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough."~Meister Eckhart<<<<

Burger of Power
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Burger of Power » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:26 pm

Yup, really horrible. But it would have been just out there if I hadn't done that.

I tried a very easy shout-out since I was really surprised that no one mentioned the Commander being named after Kit Marlowe's Faustus... i think I just don't have the way to reference stuff figured out yet. Meh, I'll nail it down eventually.

Burger of Power
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Burger of Power » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:50 pm

View Original PostBurger of Power wrote:Yo!, I've updated the front page with miscelaneous information such as posting order, BP count and more!

EDIT: Also, seeing how the post order is kind of chaotic, I'll remind ya' that it's yer turn BPES :3

ViscountPsychopath
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ViscountPsychopath » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:46 pm

Is there still time for me to join in on this? I'm really interested in the concept, and I have an idea for a "Junker's Eva" kinda thing that I think could work here.
People claim to be insane all the time.
However, you're only a psychopath if you've done what your insane mind has told you to!

~And that's why I'm a Viscount.~

Burger of Power
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Burger of Power » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:52 pm

Lol, of course there is xD!

Let me welcome you to the End of Days!, Home of our little bizarre troupe!, You'll fit right in ^^~

ViscountPsychopath
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ViscountPsychopath » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:18 pm

Alright, here goes:

Name: Gino Markus
Age & Date of Birth February 27th, 2000
Nationality: American, Israeli
Previous Station: Nerv 8th Branch "Seraphad"

Appearance: A very tall, lanky fellow with midlength light brown hair and calm blue eyes. He's often covered in dirt thanks to his "profession" of rummaging through garbage dumps for anything usable. When not wearing his Plug Suit, he wears a dark brown cloak over most of his body with a tan shirt and black jeans on underneath. He hates wearing shoes.
Suit Colours: The Plug Suit for Unit-17, designed by Gino himself (but made by professionals), has a primary color of brown with a secondary dark orange to match his unit's rusty coloring. It is also fitted with metal pieces on the elbows and knees to lock Gino's arms and legs in place if necessary.

Evangelion:
-- Designation: Unit-17 "Scrap Eva"
-- Spirit: Both parents
-- Descent: Adam
-- Technical Specifications:
Wrist Jaws: The first of many strange features built into Unit-17 by Gino (the science staff wanted nothing to do with the junk parts he used). The Wrist Jaws consist of four large, triangular pieces of metal placed on Unit-17's wrists in the form of a star. These pieces of metal have a built-in trigger that causes them to slam forward over the Eva's hand into the form of a speartip. This serves as Gino's main weapon, and a multipurpose melee weapon to boot.

Scrap Chains: Large chains inserted in the pylons on Unit-17's shoulders. The chains are released by a trigger and fall to the ground to be used once the pylons have been opened.

Leg Anchors: Unit-17 has large harpoons on steel cables inserted into rectangular boxes on its ankles that point downward. When deployed, the harpoons shoot out with enough force to penetrate any surface and hold Unit-17 in place. Gino often uses this in conjunction with the Scrap Chains.

"Crudely Designed Booster Unit": Created by Gino but named by the science staff, Unit-17's booster unit consists of a vertically narrow tube jutting out of the Eva's back at a downward angle, just below the Entry Plug. The tube has had several small rockets locked into place inside it and is open at the end of the tube. When activated, the rockets simultaneously fire off, creating massive forward thrust for a short time. However, the rockets must be replaced after every use.

Composite Junk Armor: Unit-17's armor was constructed by Gino with the dual purpose of holding weaponry and moving fast in mind. As such, the somewhat-rusted brown and orange armor of the Eva is very light and thin, but thick in certain places to store weapons.

-- Design: Because Unit-17 was constructed with a failed Evangelion prototype as its skeleton, much of its outer appearance was based on Unit-00, with the rest designed based on Gino's ideas. Because of it's composite armor, it appears much slimmer than most Evas, strangely like its pilot. Unit-17's head bears slight resemblance to Unit-00 in that it has a pointed visor atop its head and a rounded face, but its face consists of five gray eyes of the same size in the pattern of an X and a jagged line across the lower half of the face where the Eva's mouth is located. As mentioned above, Unit-17 has its Wrist Jaws attached to its wrists at all times, a long, vertically narrow tube jutting out of its back, the standard shoulder pylons, and metal rectangular boxes on its ankles. The overall color of the Eva is a rusted brown with shades of dark orange here and there. When active, its eyes glow a bright blue.

Background: Even from a young age, Gino Markus was incredibly excited by the Evangelion program that his parents, his mother an engineer and his father a scientist, were involved in at Nerv's 8th Branch. His mother was American, but his father was Israeli, and Gino with his mother had moved to Israel at his father's request. However, upon the first test of an Eva constructed at the Branch, the unit went berserk and killed every human in sight after destroying its restraints, the most horrifying deaths being Gino's own parents, both of which were devoured by the Eva. The Eva was immediately shut down and its armor was removed and scrapped, the unit's skeleton (which was actually one of many failed Eva prototypes from Nerv's main base) tossed aside and forgotten by all but one young child: Gino.

As the years passed after the incident, Gino became a Junker by profession, looking through junkyards and dumps for anything of value and keeping anything he felt he could use. It was during this time that Gino unearthed the old Eva skeleton, which had been dumped into a junkyard just outside of Nerv's 8th Branch. The Eva skeleton was literally that: a massive human skeleton with a damaged head and a red core in its chest that, curiously, was not in the unit on the day of the incident. The unit seemed to almost look at Gino, its head falling to the side and pointing at Gino directly. A teenager at this point, Gino immediately went to the Branch and begged for the chance to rebuild the Eva, vowing to take responsibility for any accidents. The head of the Branch reluctantly agreed, seeing that Gino could potentially be one of the Chosen Children, and had the science staff supply him with the Eva skeleton and an entry plug. Gino proceeded to build the armor and weapons for the Eva on his own out of the many junk parts he had found over the years, dubbing his Eva as Evangelion-17: "The Scrap Eva".
Last edited by ViscountPsychopath on Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
However, you're only a psychopath if you've done what your insane mind has told you to!

BPES
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby BPES » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:25 pm

That has got to be the quickest of these profiles that i've seen... dayum man that's some fervour ;)

BEEP BEEP MUTHERF******

ViscountPsychopath
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ViscountPsychopath » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:30 pm

Thanks. ^^;
I've had the idea for this character (and the Eva too) mulling over in my mind for a while, but nowhere to put him 'till now.

Lance of LoL
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Lance of LoL » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:24 pm

Considering what I'm used to seeing in Eva standards, I really like the Scrap Eva.

ViscountPsychopath
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ViscountPsychopath » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:59 pm

View Original PostLance of LoL wrote:Considering what I'm used to seeing in Eva standards, I really like the Scrap Eva.

Thanks, I'm glad you like it! I'm really looking forward to getting involved in this RP once my character's approved. ^^

BPES
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby BPES » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:37 am

Well I've posted at last, enjoy the moody teens I guess.

BEEP BEEP MUTHERF******

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Agentomega » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:41 am

Just re-read the thread and, after having watched a certain series recently, I found a reference (I think).

Levi-heichou (our soon-to-appear Major Levi). We're getting our asses severely kicked. And called brats numerous times. How appropriate that we are kind of fighting Titans with Titans.

(Inb4 Lance re-reads the thread and beats me to it)

EDIT: Also forgive me if it's already been said, but is it possible that our Commander (Faust Marlowe) is a reference to Doctor Faustus by Chrisopher Marlowe?
Avatar: Rhoe Amariyo (© 2010-2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. FINAL FANTASY X|V)
Karigane Shirou in LoL's RP - Rebuild of Evangelion: We Are (Not) Together
"'I was a nerd before it was cool' ~Agent" ~Lance of LoL

Return to “Role-Playing Related”