The Evangelion of Video Games?

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Scissors_Shrimper
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Scissors_Shrimper » Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:27 pm

I feel that Metal Black manages to be remarkably Evalike despite being a shmup (thus, absolute minimal storytelling) and having been released 4 years prior to Eva's airing. It's one of the few shmups I can think of where the situation seems hopeless due to aliens having already ruined the earth and it's got a pretty strange and ambigous ending to top it all off.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBCHi6hHxiA
This is the first forum I've registered to that required something to go here. wut.

Xxx_Generic Name_Xxx
Tunniel
Tunniel

Re:

•      
  •      

Postby Xxx_Generic Name_Xxx » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:54 am

View Original PostNemZ wrote:I seriously HATE that game. The plot was fubared and gave the original cast off-screen weaksauce deaths, the new charecters far too numerous and generally forgettable, the element system was tedious while completely losing every scrap of what made Chrono Trigger so charming, and simply by existing it cut off the possibility of there ever being a true sequel to the original.

Utter and complete failure of a game. -10/10, would not recommend even as a joke.

Chrono Cross: not even once.

Can you review something objectively at least once in your life?
P.S I suggest to check a spell checker.
Asuka Langley Soryu is our Lord and Saviour.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Re: The Evangelion of Video Games?

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:41 pm

You do realize you're talking about something I said 3 years ago, right? Continuing your earlier thread would be a much better use of time than necroing an old topic without adding anything of value to it.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Xxx_Generic Name_Xxx
Tunniel
Tunniel

Re: The Evangelion of Video Games?

•      
  •      

Postby Xxx_Generic Name_Xxx » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:53 am

View Original PostNemZ wrote:You do realize you're talking about something I said 3 years ago, right? Continuing your earlier thread would be a much better use of time than necroing an old topic without adding anything of value to it.

As I said in an another post,I don't care if I necropost,if I want to express my opinion I express my opinion.
Asuka Langley Soryu is our Lord and Saviour.

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”