where to buy NGE series

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
dcelf
Embryo

where to buy NGE series

•      
  •      

Postby dcelf » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:04 am

when i first watched the original NGE series it was at a friends house and now i would like to buy them, and he wont sell it lol. i got 1.11 and 2.22 from the walmart website, but they dont have the series, so i looked around online some more(because nobody sells it locally) for the the 26 episode neon genesis evangelion DVD set and i cant find anywhere to buy them. can someone reccomend a site or a link to a website where i can buy it and have it shipped to me? im sorry if this is a dumb question, but i just really need to know. thanks
evangelion changed my life...and im still trying to figure out if thats good or bad...

Veefy
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Veefy » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:07 am

Tv series is out of print since November 2011? I believe.
Might have to be patient on eBay if you don't want to spend top dollar to get them.
amazon prices reflect out of print status.

I'd say ebay is your best bet.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:46 am

eBay has a lot of cool stuff on it.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:09 pm

Amazon also still has it in stock, though at this point you might find better prices on eBay.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:24 am

Righstuf has the Platinum Complete for $75 and at that price point you've got free shipping for a US order.
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

dcelf
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby dcelf » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:34 am

just bought it, $75 on rightstuff . wow, thats the most ive ever spent on something that you watch on TV... anyways thanks so much for recommending the website, you were really helpful :D
evangelion changed my life...and im still trying to figure out if thats good or bad...

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:43 pm

You're welcome, and welcome to the forum. :D
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

Jawmuncher
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Jawmuncher » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:44 pm

View Original PostAR-99 wrote:Righstuf has the Platinum Complete for $75 and at that price point you've got free shipping for a US order.

Thanks for the link!
Sadly I'm trying to replace a stolen copy, but at least this price is far more reasonable.
Though I originally grabbed it at Walmart.com back in the day new for like 50 new.
Now I just gotta get Eva Rebuilds on Bluray and EoE along with death and rebirth.
Still kinda wish someone would pick it up for distribution again on DVD
"Mankind

Veefy
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Veefy » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:48 am

View Original PostJawmuncher wrote:Still kinda wish someone would pick it up for distribution again on DVD

I'm puzzled why it isn't available on itunes... maybe Anno hasn't heard about that new fangled digital distribution thing... :lol:

Unless there is a whole bunch of legal entanglement that prevents them from doing this.
Probably generate a bit more revenue than trying to sell eva underwear.. :facepalm:

Melchior
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Melchior » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:47 pm

I'd like to think (admittedly, as the cash cow it is... ) that there will be some gnarly re-release of the series and of EoE... MAYBE, even a remastered *higher* definition version of it.

Wishful thinking on my part... but, I have a lot of wishful thoughts regarding Evangelion in general.

Those, I will NOT be going on a tangent for. :devil:

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:02 pm

Try King Roach Enterprises. I know that they have it, but I don't remember how expensive it is.

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:28 pm

They have it for $72 and add $6.55 shipping.

Jawmuncher
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Jawmuncher » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:48 am

View Original PostMelchior wrote:I'd like to think (admittedly, as the cash cow it is... ) that there will be some gnarly re-release of the series and of EoE... MAYBE, even a remastered *higher* definition version of it.

Wishful thinking on my part... but, I have a lot of wishful thoughts regarding Evangelion in general.

Those, I will NOT be going on a tangent for. :devil:

The chance of that happening is the only thing keeping me from jumping on a platinum box set ATM.
But with not even a slightest of murmurs or rumors I think I might just grab a Platinum collection again.

(Sorry for the very late reply)
"Mankind

Melchior
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Melchior » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:39 am

View Original PostJawmuncher wrote:The chance of that happening is the only thing keeping me from jumping on a platinum box set ATM.
But with not even a slightest of murmurs or rumors I think I might just grab a Platinum collection again.

(Sorry for the very late reply)

The Platinum set is still worth it - it's a collectible at this rate. When it's extinct, it will definitely be worth having in the collection.

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:30 am

An update, Rightstuf has jacked the Platinum back to full price at $90 and excluded it from coupon discounts.

I would get it myself at one point, but already having the Perfect Collection and DC DVDs doesn't provide much motivation and I prioritize getting other Eva merch first. Not trying to collect every video iteration of the series, nearly did that with Battle Royale and that was enough.

C.A.P.
Wabbit Duelist
Wabbit Duelist

•      
  •      

Postby C.A.P. » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:39 pm

I got lucky and got Platinum for about 30 bucks or so on Amazon while it was still in-print, while I found a spare copy of Perfect Collection at a Sam's Goodly near my home area for, if I recall, 70 to 90 bucks (I bought Perfect first, thinking that was my only chance of getting the show on DVD).

To this day (other than a lone Utena DVD), it's the only anime series I own with two different copies. I'll probably keep Perfect if I wanted a reminder for what Eva looked like when it first aired.
"Free-associative internet ravings know no proprietors."-Azathoth
"Cinema's value is that it is inhuman."-chee
"I only meant to stay a while."-ELO

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:14 pm

View Original PostMelchior wrote:The Platinum set is still worth it - it's a collectible at this rate. When it's extinct, it will definitely be worth having in the collection.

I know it's out of print, but collectible? I don't even view my tin box version as that. I have just the one copy - except that I also have the Genesis DVD that's the only source of the Reiquarium with extra background images, and two copies of EoE (the Manga "Vaseline-o-vision"® one for the subs and dub, and an Italian print of the remastered video, which I have combined to watch in comfort).
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

ath
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby ath » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:27 pm

View Original PostC.A.P. wrote:I got lucky and got Platinum for about 30 bucks or so on Amazon while it was still in-print

Damn. I paid 140€ (~$190 at today's exchange rate!) for my Platinum box back in 2009. Hey, it still was way cheaper than the Japanese Renewal boxset...

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

•      
  •      

Postby ZapX » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:40 pm

I have the Platinum Complete thinpak and the Death/Rebirth & EoE box set I may be willing to part with if anyone wants them... Anyone care to make an offer for one or both?
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

Kazuki_Fuse
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Kazuki_Fuse » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:52 pm

I bought the Platinum set in "used condition" (the girl selling it had watched through it once) for $50 at a convention when I was 14. I bought it because I loved the series and had money to burn, but I distinctly remember regretting the purchase for a few hours afterwards as I had no money left for anything else. But looking back, HOLY SHIT am I ever glad I picked it up when I did.

I had no idea until about 2 years ago that it was actually a chore to try and own the original series, I just assumed because of its huge influence and relative popularity that any place that sold anime would have it.

To anyone who thinks spending $75-$100 is expensive, just remember this quote taken from the fourth omnibus manga of NGE:

"Back in 1998, $30 for a two-episode VHS was pretty standard for the U.S. anime industry, not just the Evangelion series. So that meant you'd have to pay $390 for the whole series (in late-90's dollars, with inflation that'd be around $500!) And that was for VHS format, with all its built in limitations compared to DVD- no special features, no chapter skipping, no seperate audio or subtitle tracks, and of course, lesser video and audio quality. Its something to think about next time a DVD set seems expensive." - Carl Gustav Horn

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”