Question about liliths head

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
cloudxsolder
Adam

Question about liliths head

•      
  •      

Postby cloudxsolder » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:48 pm

Firstly, why did liliths eyes start bleeding well before the spears where pulled
Secondly, it seems to be one of the big un answered questions but is there a generally recognised answer as to why it's head is all the way up in the command centre? or is this just still completely unknown.

Thanks. Working on a theory and these 2 things are getting in the way!! haha

ObsessiveMathsFreak
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby ObsessiveMathsFreak » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:15 pm

To my knowledge, there are as yet no answers to these important questions.

Liliths bleedings seems to be in response/anticipation owing to the presence of the Evas in the chamber below. The mechanism behind this is not in any way clear. The head seems to be connected to the body in some way, as we later see both explode after the spears are removed. But the body does not appear to be bleeding, so why is the head doing so?

The bleeding head appears after Kaworu has his "Lilim" revelation. Perhaps this is related to the spears morphing into the same shape? Since the head is frozen along with the body, perhaps the missing piece of tge spear of cassius is in the head? Or perhaps Gendo has broken the rules of 3I by removing Liliths head, while the spear remains in the body below. Should this count as the spear being removed or not?

How the head reavhed the command center is a complete mystery. Did it do so before, during, or after 3I? Was it moved up, or did it fly up? How did it leave Liliths chamber if the barrier was in place? Did Mark.06 attach to Lilith after the removal, or before, or did the Eva remove the head itself. Why does the head imagery appear below around the 12th angels core?

This last question may suggest that the head simply formed in the command center. But the whole thing is really a huge mystery.
[Became an administrator on or before October 4th, 2007.]
May The Maths Be With You.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:17 pm

1: Keep in mind that this is a film, not everything has to make sense. Lilith´s eyes bleeding could just mean "4th Impact is inevitable. It will happen, it´s about to happen. Look, I´m even starting to react to it before it begins." It´s in some way the film talking to us. Foreshadowing.
2: We just know that she was decapitated (probably by Mark.06) to stop Third Impact. There is probably no reason to have the head in the Command Centre, but again, this just looks mysterious and that justifies it since this is a film. Although it´s also true that Gendo isn´really normal. He has a room full of Rei heads, so it would be just like him to have this giant head in the Command Centre to look at it and say in an epic way "The time has come..."
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

cloudxsolder
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby cloudxsolder » Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:18 am

Thanks to the both of you.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:26 am

No problem! ^_^
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:04 pm

Another possibility about the head bleeding : she's Lilith, in her chamber there is EVA-13, an ADAM(THE Angel) who is approaching, which is supposed to be a bad thing. So maybe her body is having a "immune" or an "allergic" reaction to the nearby presence of ADAM, yes even in death, that thing is an alien space god, normal law of the living beings don't apply to her!
and since the different parts of her body are connected, the "reaction" also happens to the end.

As for how it ended here, no idea, but for the why, I have an answer : Gendo can't descent to see how EVA-13 and Mark.09 are faring, it's a long road down, the zone is probably toxic, he know that once Kaworu will see his trickery with the spears he won't be happy and he planned that WILLE will interfere, and camera would be difficult to install and connect to the Altar kilometers above...
So Lilith's head serves as an indicator of how things are going : the head is bleeding? That mean that EVA-13 is close. It exploded? The hooray, EVA-13 pulled out the spears even though Kaworu probably has discovered my treachery!(a chance I previously mentally broken my son so that he would pull them out no matter what, WILLE pressuring him helping a lot! :emogendo: )
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:10 pm

She starts bleeding when SEELE starts their lil Ritual.

It's probably related to that, and FAR rune magic.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:29 pm

We see Lilith's head bleeding right in the middle of Shinji's and Asuka's fight, before any ritual started yet, that's why I thing that it's an automatic reaction from Lilith, and that it serves for Gendo to see how the plan is advancing.
Last edited by ElMariachi on Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

cloudxsolder
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby cloudxsolder » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:38 pm

I think you got it El. It's just symbolic in my eyes once more.
Gendo, the all knowing!!

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”