Created my own, but don't know what to call it

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

PanzerEVA
Lilith

Created my own, but don't know what to call it

•      
  •      

Postby PanzerEVA » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:14 pm

First it was SINN-ful, now it'sMind Break, but the storyline has nothing to with breaking minds and SINN-ful is too sinister for the tone I'm trying to make it in.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:32 pm

Sooo... what IS it about?
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Clover
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Clover » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:40 am

Go balls to the wall: Neon Genesis Evangelion

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:44 am

Yeah we're going to need a synopsis or something if you're wanting help with a title.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

PanzerEVA
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby PanzerEVA » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:06 pm

Ok, well it's spoilers ahead ya know

CorporalChaos
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby CorporalChaos » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:54 am

Call it "JJ Abrams' 'The Mystery Box: The Fanfiction'".
Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is generally the correct one.
Essel's Corollary: The simplest explanation is never the fanon one.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:58 am

Name it based on a quote from some obscure existentialist author and let the readers try to figure out what the hell it's meant to convey.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

PanzerEVA
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby PanzerEVA » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:58 am

so I have a OC from some.super advanced civisation crash-land on tokyo-4 (yes, you read that right). His attempts at repairing his ship don't go unnoticed, but his presence is largely overshadowed by faux-angels and a mysterious mercenary. I won't divulge too much information, but suffice to say, he and Asuka create quite a deep bond (not in THAT way).

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:01 am

シン・エヴァンゲリオン : The Blue Aubergine.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

PanzerEVA
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby PanzerEVA » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:11 am

View Original PostBlue Monday wrote:シン・エヴァンゲリオン : The Blue Aubergine.
erm, no? I'd rather name it in a language I understand.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:32 am

View Original PostPanzerEVA wrote:so I have a OC from some.super advanced civisation crash-land on tokyo-4 (yes, you read that right). His attempts at repairing his ship don't go unnoticed, but his presence is largely overshadowed by faux-angels and a mysterious mercenary. I won't divulge too much information, but suffice to say, he and Asuka create quite a deep bond (not in THAT way).

Yui kinda does imply no FTL at one point, but I always figured that a spaceAge!evaverse would be pretty interesting, seeing as we know that it's seeded with lots of lifeforms.
The other black-moon-planets would probably have plenty of startreckesque humanoid aliens on them.

So perhaps a title (and teaser) referring to the other seeds would grab attention; How about "...to/of one of Noah's other Arks" to borrow from Nadia? XD

If we#re going for something simpler, how'bout "stranded" or "the crashlanding"...

I personally tend to "collect" good titles, like, write them down somewhere when I see/think of some, to always have a list of good/potential ones there... just look to your favore Album or dunno, the bleach manga, that always has cool chapter titles - not in the sense of copying titles you see there, but rather for some inspiration on how to generally title something XD

...oh, and just a general warning: This sounds like you MIGHT be introducing a Gary stu; (Superpowerful out of context guy, check, becomes BFF with one of the less approchable/friend-able characters in the show, check....) The thing with original elements is, the readers come for more EVA stuff, so you need to trickle them in slowly.

I have seen this done right, though, I remember one brilliant german sequel!fic that had a bunch of/entire cast of human aliens (seeded by a piece of Adam that flew away during SI and the DNA used for the CE, no less)arriving on a still tangified earth, obviously millions of years after the series, a no one else comes back scenario (but because the ppl came to enjoy the freedom from physical needs and other obligations that the sea offered, not because they couldn't have come out), in fact, it even has Asuka going back to the sea ("You pulled me out with you because you wanted me, but unlike you, I'm not yet ready/all healed"... she never came back. Shinji is still alive because eventually Yui, realizing what had happened, took him with her.

But then, one alien ends up in the sea after they mess with the remains of the mp evas, "meets" Misato there, both get detanged, and soon, humans start comming back - first Hyuuga and Ritsuko, who wondered where Miato went, then Maya, because Ritsuko was missing etc - chain reaction is started, with no infrastructure to support them, so they're forced to cooperate with the aliens who themselves are in need of a place to settle etc, and the story tells of how they establish a colony and defend it from a new wave on angels sent to punish humanity for "not following its destiny" (This IS a pre CI-fic), with Rei as the "destiny guardian", but nor particularly OoC/having a good reason for what she was doing....
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:52 pm

PROTIP: You can edit your post if you want to quote someone else. Reserve the double-posting for chapters of fanfiction/project updates instead.

View Original PostCorporalChaos wrote:Call it "JJ Abrams' 'The Mystery Box: The Fanfiction'".

Or 'Lens Flare Boogaloo.'

View Original PostPanzerEVA wrote:so I have a OC from some.super advanced civisation crash-land on tokyo-4 (yes, you read that right). His attempts at repairing his ship don't go unnoticed, but his presence is largely overshadowed by faux-angels and a mysterious mercenary. I won't divulge too much information, but suffice to say, he and Asuka create quite a deep bond (not in THAT way).

A lot of times, I pick a title based on whimsy and don't think about it too hard (more with chapters than stories, but enough with stories to mention). Usually, the content or actual meaning of the words is less important to me than the vibe, feeling, or imagery the words themselves evoke, which tie into or reflect something in the chapter/story itself.

With your story, I don't know the mood you're going for, but I keep thinking 'Field Intrinsic' when I read the summary. Then again, I've completely extrapolated a whole series of events off of that which may have nothing to do with your story... :irked:

If you want some more ideas of your own, though, I'd say look at parallels in history when advanced peoples encountered less advanced peoples. There may be a term, event, or individual within that which give you an idea.

Either way, post how this turns out: I want to read it. :tongue:
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

PanzerEVA
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby PanzerEVA » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:10 am

Hey Gob Hobblin. thanks for your input. i'm trying to give Asuka a father figure, someone she can look up, all while fighting her unstable mind. Theres a lot more I don't wish to divulge right now, and I've put it on the back burner for.now as I continue The Defilation of ALS and my Grls und Panzer fic.

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:13 pm

No problem. Are the other two fics on fan fic? I'd like to read them.
-Sorrow

-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

PanzerEVA
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby PanzerEVA » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:06 pm

All my fics are on fanfic. You can find defilation pretty easily, seeing as it uses unit 02 as its image. Just be careful with my mates M rated fics :bigeyes:

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:01 pm

It's all right. I promise I won't tell anyone. :wink:
-Sorrow

-Literary Eagle

-Leslie Knope

Return to “Fanfiction”