"Reticence" discussion [spoilers]

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:00 am

Edit: screw it, we're deep into "WTF?" already and I'm all but certain this tangent will be sent to the graveyard anyway. I'm goin' to bed.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:29 am

View Original PostBagheera wrote:"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference."

Shinji's lacking the serenity, you're lacking the wisdom.

So yeah, stupid parallel is stupid.

I would rather say that Shinji lacks the wisdom, to know when to fold it and don't cling stubbornly to whatever thing he already decided.

I agree with everything else you said.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:37 am

Well, I'd say that if he's missing either attribute, he can't have the wisdom to choose between them - so you're agreeing really.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:28 pm

Story epilogue up. Happy end is now valid for everyone.
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

Mana, Mayumi and Sakura: the TRUE goddesses of Eva

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:20 pm

Well, that takes care of the remaining plot points left hanging in the previous chapters : Fuyutsuki died(probably when the Wunder lifted off the Black Moon), Yui is confirmed as being the one who took care of Shinji and Rei and guided the carcass of the Wunder back on Earth during the three years time skip, saving their lives. And if her soul is in this afterlife place, that means that EVA-01 don't have a soul inside anymore, so it's probable that it won't reactivate ever again(better for everyone)

Still I can't believe how easy Gendo of Kozo came off : they almost destroyed mankind, and now they are in a metaphysical Bahamas with blue oceans enjoying parties of Shogi and spectral cocktails for eternity, with Yui even joining them!
Who said that crime doesn't pay? :lol:
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:38 pm

I'm satisfied with this ending.

But the very first thing that came to my mind after reading it...

SPOILER: Show

:devil:
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:59 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:Well, that takes care of the remaining plot points left hanging in the previous chapters : Fuyutsuki died(probably when the Wunder lifted off the Black Moon), Yui is confirmed as being the one who took care of Shinji and Rei and guided the carcass of the Wunder back on Earth during the three years time skip, saving their lives. And if her soul is in this afterlife place, that means that EVA-01 don't have a soul inside anymore, so it's probable that it won't reactivate ever again(better for everyone)

Still I can't believe how easy Gendo of Kozo came off : they almost destroyed mankind, and now they are in metaphysical Bahamas with blue oceans enjoying parties of Shogi and spectral cocktails for eternity, with Yui even joining them!
Who said that crime doesn't pay? :lol:

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:39 pm

I would rather not have had that epilogue, really.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:45 pm

Because it's blasphemy in Eva when everyone is happy. :rolleyes:
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:14 pm

Nah - it just seemed too disconnected from the remainder of the story to me; it ended at the end.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:25 pm

Well... I confess that this epilogue is kind of my doing : as you may know(or not) I was Kraven's beta-reader for this fic, pointing out errors of spellings or about the setting(example : designing Ramiel as the Fifth Angel instead of the Sixth or Asuka's eyepatch glowing green instead of blue) and other potential plot holes.

Well in a comment I talked about the fact we don't have any information about what happened to Fuyutsuki and Yui, and I think that's what incited him to make this epilogue, to wrap up the last hanging threads.
Last edited by ElMariachi on Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:35 pm

I somehow suspected you had something to do with it, since it does ties all the points you mentioned after chapter 29.
Another jaded man.

Return to “Fanfiction”