3DS Corner

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

•      
  •      

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:06 pm

View Original PostKatana wrote:So hardcore gamers are jerks because they play games a lot? That's funny now.

Most "hardcore" gamers are jerks because they think that the only way to have MATOOR GAEMZ is for them to be rated M FOR MANLY and have EPIC STORIES (tip - most video game stories are B-movie level) and BLUD N GUTZ and EPIC REALISTIC GRAPHIX.

I'm gonna say it right now - Super Mario Galaxy >>>>>> All the dudebro hardcore games released this gen.
This signature officially sponsored by The Holy Church of Aiko Heiwa® since 2 December 2011

Katana
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Katana » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:11 pm

What the hell are you talking about? They like old school games too. I don't care whether there's blood or not. There are several ways to like a game not only by its story, and graphics is what comes after everything, only an idiot would judge a game by its graphics. We rather judge it by its gameplay. Seems like you owned only a Wii and don't know of the existence of any other system.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:13 pm

View Original PostKatana wrote:So hardcore gamers are jerks because they play games a lot?

hardcore gamers who endlessly whine in public about not getting something they weren't entitled too, act like elietist asshats, and engage in system wars? Yes, they are jerks. Or more importantly they are PERCIEVED of as jerks by non-gamers.

Also you have no reason to assume anything about Aiko's gaming habits, especially in a belittling way. That's exactly the kind of shit I'm talking about.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

The Killer of Heroes
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby The Killer of Heroes » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:16 pm

View Original PostKatana wrote:So hardcore gamers are jerks because they play games a lot? That's funny now.

He's not saying playing games a lot makes someone a jerk. He's saying being an entitled ass that only can accept things their way makes someone a jerk, and that is a problem present in A LOT of nerd communities.

EDIT: Ninja'd in more detail by NemZ.

Katana
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Katana » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:28 am

View Original PostNemZ wrote:hardcore gamers who endlessly whine in public about not getting something they weren't entitled too, act like elietist asshats, and engage in system wars? Yes, they are jerks. Or more importantly they are PERCIEVED of as jerks by non-gamers.

Also you have no reason to assume anything about Aiko's gaming habits, especially in a belittling way. That's exactly the kind of shit I'm talking about.
Most of these people think of gaming as a religion, of course everyone freaking defend their own system but who gives two shits about 2DS and Nintendo's family crap? I'm not gonna say Nintendo was always like that since Gamecube had a lot of interesting games, though people underrated it. They didn't have so much money when they released Wii, but now they're caring too much about casual gamers and less about people who play games for real. I have a Wii too and I've never used it for 2 years for the lack of games and the terrible online system.

The Killer of Heroes
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby The Killer of Heroes » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:55 am

Katana, can you really not imagine for whom this "family crap" might be appealing to? Can you really not think of any reasons people might have an interest in the 2DS?

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:14 am

Well, anyway, I've been having 3DS on the brain lately ever since my friend showed me Project X-Zone. (This was before the 2DS announcement.) I'm itching to get one soon so I might not be able to wait for the release of the 2DS even if I wanted one.

So the real question is: 3DS, or 3DS XL?

Recommendations? Impressions? Also:

How do you people hold your 3DS as you play? Over a long period of time I settled on holding my DS with my fingers (as opposed to keeping my palms against it) because there was no other way to comfortably use the shoulder buttons, and the same seemed to be true of my friend's 3DS when I tried it out.

How does that affect circle pad use? Is the circle pad difficult to use or is it just fine?

How about the Dpad? Is the Dpad in that position better, worse, or about the same?
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Katana
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Katana » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:27 am

View Original PostThe Killer of Heroes wrote:Katana, can you really not imagine for whom this "family crap" might be appealing to? Can you really not think of any reasons people might have an interest in the 2DS?
No, and neither I give a damn because while other console manufacturers tend to improve Nintendo is slowly digging its own grave.

Omegagouki
Shikigami of the Castle
Shikigami of the Castle

•      
  •      

Postby Omegagouki » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:43 am

ROFL, yeah, Microsoft is certainly going to be "improving" with the X-Box One. The original proposal of it, at least.
PSN/Steam: Zentillion | Tum8lr
8luh 8luh
Sill (and always) promoting Homestuck

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

•      
  •      

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:05 am

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:Well, anyway, I've been having 3DS on the brain lately ever since my friend showed me Project X-Zone. (This was before the 2DS announcement.) I'm itching to get one soon so I might not be able to wait for the release of the 2DS even if I wanted one.

So the real question is: 3DS, or 3DS XL?

XL

XL aaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllll the way.

Also Katana is the worst poster here. Exactly the perfect example of the 14 year old who wants to be mature by not playing Nintendo.
This signature officially sponsored by The Holy Church of Aiko Heiwa® since 2 December 2011

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:36 am

View Original PostAiko Heiwa wrote:XL

XL aaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllll the way.

Tell me more, s'il vous plait. Have you handled both? To what extent? Have you owned either for a long time, such as first the 3DS before upgrading to the XL, or did you make your decision in a relatively short amount of time, such as just trying them both out a few times before deciding on the XL? What are the finer points of comparison between them, or is it as basic and general as preferring the bigger screens?
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

•      
  •      

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:05 am

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:Tell me more, s'il vous plait. Have you handled both? To what extent? Have you owned either for a long time, such as first the 3DS before upgrading to the XL, or did you make your decision in a relatively short amount of time, such as just trying them both out a few times before deciding on the XL? What are the finer points of comparison between them, or is it as basic and general as preferring the bigger screens?

The bigger screens.

I'm gonna be completely honest, I don't own an XL yet, but every time I see one in a store at like the demo kiosk, I want to take it because of how great the screens are and how much not tiny it is.

nervshatter
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby nervshatter » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:37 am

View Original PostOmegagouki wrote:ROFL, yeah, Microsoft is certainly going to be "improving" with the X-Box One. The original proposal of it, at least.

Restrictions aside, the Xone certainly is an improvement over the 360, meanwhile the Wii U can't even play DVD's.

Katana
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Katana » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:48 am

View Original PostAiko Heiwa wrote:Also Katana is the worst poster here. Exactly the perfect example of the 14 year old who wants to be mature by not playing Nintendo.

Lol, dude, have fun playing with your grandma with your system that can't even play DVDs. I owned a Wii and I played your games too. Once you'll know XBL you'll throw away the Wii in the trash were it belongs. Come on, by your definitions of hardcore you sound ignorant as hell.

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Agentomega » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:56 am

View Original PostAiko Heiwa wrote:The bigger screens.

I'm gonna be completely honest, I don't own an XL yet, but every time I see one in a store at like the demo kiosk, I want to take it because of how great the screens are and how much not tiny it is.

Thing about the screens (IIRC) is that they keep the same resolution. So, it's more pixel-y. Now, what that might do for you (if Nintendo was smart and designed it this way) is to get a 3D effect from farther away from your face (than 14") with the same resolution.

What I've also heard is that the XL is more ergonomic on the hands.
Avatar: Rhoe Amariyo (© 2010-2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. FINAL FANTASY X|V)
Karigane Shirou in LoL's RP - Rebuild of Evangelion: We Are (Not) Together
"'I was a nerd before it was cool' ~Agent" ~Lance of LoL

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:27 pm

View Original PostAiko Heiwa wrote:Also Katana is the worst poster here. Exactly the perfect example of the 14 year old who wants to be mature by not playing Nintendo.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

The Killer of Heroes
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby The Killer of Heroes » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:41 pm

View Original PostKatana wrote:No, and neither I give a damn

Katana, if you care that little about points of view other than your own, why are you on an internet forum to begin with?

I mean surely you're not coming here to intentionally pick fights like the ones you've been in recently.

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:49 pm

@Monk Ed Personally, I'd go with the regular 3DS. Unless all your pants have pockets big enough for the XL....
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:15 pm

I've got the regular 3ds and have no complaints. Honestly I'd probably get a 2ds if I didn't already have the 3ds, as I never use the 3d gimick anyway and I keep it in a little case as it is rather than in my pocket, so lack of folding is a complete non-issue.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

•      
  •      

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:51 pm

View Original PostKatana wrote:Lol, dude, have fun playing with your grandma with your system that can't even play DVDs. I owned a Wii and I played your games too. Once you'll know XBL you'll throw away the Wii in the trash were it belongs. Come on, by your definitions of hardcore you sound ignorant as hell.

My laptop can play DVDs. my PS2 can play DVDs, my DVD player can play DVDs.

Do I really need another thing that'll play DVDs? Nope.

And Xbox Live is a scam.

Also you're 14. I mean, I'm not much older, being 17, but still.

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”