Market thread #0 [merged]

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
SAWgunner
Shamshel
Shamshel

How would I go about ordering things from Evastore.jp?

Postby SAWgunner » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:56 pm

Besides the considerable language barrier, what other things would I have to contend with when ordering from there? Will my credit card payment be converted to Yen? Will shipping be a problem (IE extraordinarily expensive or really slow)? Do those kickin' t-shirts really cost $50?
I really want some Eva T's that don't make me obviously look like a fanboy but I can't decide if it's worth the cost or not.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:18 pm

You need to buy via a proxy. If you know someone there and they're willing to deal with shipping it from their place to where you are, then talk to them. Otherwise there are some services, although I've never used one.

SAWgunner
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby SAWgunner » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:01 pm

Wow, so they won't even ship it to the States? Oh well, there goes that dream.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

Postby BrikHaus » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:53 pm

There are proxy buyers out there. I've used them before, and, at least in my experience, don't charge an unreasonable amount for the service. If there's something from the Eva Store that you really, really want, then you should consider it.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

SAWgunner
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby SAWgunner » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:10 pm

How do you find one? I feel a strong desire for a Rei Ayanami "Mass Produced Human" shirt.

cat42
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby cat42 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:21 am

Just so you know, Amazon.co.jp has some of the Evastore products (not all though) and they ship internationally (or at least to America) for some though, not all.
"...I follow you both online and offline, and I am a 4-dimensional manifestation of absolute evil..." - Reichu-tachi
"In all cases, eventually it becomes necessary to decide to 'deliberately betray the fans.'" - Yoji Enokido
I believe in the director of Eva 1.11.

SAWgunner
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby SAWgunner » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:41 am

They don't seem to have any kickin' Eva hipster shirts. Then again, I can't speak a lick of Japanese so for all I know there's a link to it on the first page. Thanks for the help though.

cat42
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby cat42 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:45 pm

They have several of them, sadly though, they don't seem to ship those outside of Japan. I bet it's merchandising rights or something.

I think they'll only ship DVDs, books, and CDs internationally, however.

Damn, and I'd thought I'd found a loophole.
"...I follow you both online and offline, and I am a 4-dimensional manifestation of absolute evil..." - Reichu-tachi
"In all cases, eventually it becomes necessary to decide to 'deliberately betray the fans.'" - Yoji Enokido
I believe in the director of Eva 1.11.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:09 pm

SAWgunner wrote:How do you find one?

I'd sniff around with Google. Do a little research before settling on one -- see what's out there and scope out recommendations before settling on one. If you actually want the goods, it's well worth the extra bit of trouble, and there's no real practical alternative in this case.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

SAWgunner
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby SAWgunner » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:03 am

Damn, proxy it is then. Could anyone make any suggestions on a good one?

And just to blow off some steam, why the hell won't they ship to America?
"Hey there's people over there who want to give us money for stuff that we have. Fuck them! They don't deserve to give us their money!"
Is international shipping that much of a pain or are they just making goofy business decisions?

IrkenEvangelion
Pilot
Pilot

Postby IrkenEvangelion » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:07 am

Because Japan hates us. I've been looking into proxies too and I would also like to know of a good one.
THIS IS STEINS;GATE'S CHOICE!
----<3 Merchant meets Spicy Wolf <3----
8 YEARS OF EVA, Does it mean something to you?
EvaPedia|Xbox Live|El Psy Congroo

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:38 am

SAWgunner wrote:Is international shipping that much of a pain or are they just making goofy business decisions?

It is. I assume you've never tried to ship anything internationally? You have to go through customs, and it's different for every country that you want to ship to. Online stores typically have a domestic shipping partner so that they can easily move packages without having someone leave the place where their stock is stored. I doubt they get nearly enough international orders to make it worth their while to hire people to deal with the packages and customs. There are lots of online stores in the states that don't ship internationally. Likewise, there's plenty of Japanese online stores that DO ship internationally. Rakuten, CDJapan, YesAsia, are some that do.

SAWgunner
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby SAWgunner » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:48 am

Alright, I figured as much. Doesn't make it any less annoying though.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:42 pm

The last (and only) time I used a proxy was when I splurged on a bunch of Yahoo! JP auctions years ago. It was a small company, and they were very reasonable with prices and shipping things together, but I'd have to relocate and dig through some ancient records to get their name again... And they might not even be around now, or the best bang for your buck.

But who needs recommendations from HERE, anyway? You could wait forever for that shit, and this is something you can do yourself, right now (!!!). Like I said, try some Google searches, and you'll turn up results listing both the proxies and people's takes on them. (The Internet is nifty that way.) Here's a broad, messy search to get you started. Have fun...
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

i_Love_Asuka
Clockiel
Clockiel

where can i buy the EVA video games?

Postby i_Love_Asuka » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:52 am

hey everybody,
i was planning to buy some of the various EVA games for my ancient PS2 but where do you buy them when your outside of Japan?
i found the games of my desire at Amazon.Jp but they refuse to sell outside of Japan,
so has anyone an adress where i can order them, an importer or something?
it schould be shipped to Germany or Belgium,
can anyone help?
thanks a lot!
"My awesome awesomness is so awesome that no other awesome awesomness in the entire awesome universe of awesome awesomness is that awesome!" - the guy who said it (i was)
"when i ask my girlfriend to act and behave more like Asuka, and she slaps me in the face, does that mean she agrees?" - I_Love_Asuka
"I'm here to love my Asuka and kick ass! and i'm all out of ass..." - rip off of LittleKuriboh
"For someone called "i_Love_Asuka" your pretty hard core" - Defectron
"sorry, i prefer i_Love_Asuka, he's a real man!" - Soljer13

Evafan
Adam

Postby Evafan » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:45 pm

I'm not a customer myself, but play-asia.com is supposed to be a good site, or so I'm told.

i_Love_Asuka
Clockiel
Clockiel

Postby i_Love_Asuka » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:53 pm

Evafan wrote:I'm not a customer myself, but play-asia.com is supposed to be a good site, or so I'm told.

someone one "Yahoo Answers" told me the same adress, so i guess it's my best bet, i will go with that then,
thanks for answering!
"My awesome awesomness is so awesome that no other awesome awesomness in the entire awesome universe of awesome awesomness is that awesome!" - the guy who said it (i was)
"when i ask my girlfriend to act and behave more like Asuka, and she slaps me in the face, does that mean she agrees?" - I_Love_Asuka
"I'm here to love my Asuka and kick ass! and i'm all out of ass..." - rip off of LittleKuriboh
"For someone called "i_Love_Asuka" your pretty hard core" - Defectron
"sorry, i prefer i_Love_Asuka, he's a real man!" - Soljer13

scarmullet
Matarael
Matarael

Postby scarmullet » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:52 pm

i_Love_Asuka wrote:
Evafan wrote:I'm not a customer myself, but play-asia.com is supposed to be a good site, or so I'm told.

someone one "Yahoo Answers" told me the same adress, so i guess it's my best bet, i will go with that then,
thanks for answering!

I suggest getting EVA 64. The beauty of the n64 (or any cart system) is that there is no region coding, all you need is an adapter to play Japanese games, or modify the structure of the console a bit, like with the n64m all you have to do is remove the cart doors and the Japanese cart will fit.
Me and my Droogs.
http://www.youtube.com/user/scarmulletpart2
Serindip LLC are Nazis!!!!

Jinroh
Ireul
Ireul

Postby Jinroh » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:27 pm

EVA 64 is kinda awful. You should definitely try Evangelions 2.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:52 pm

Evangelion 2 is for PSP and PS2, and the nice thing about the PSP port is it's region free.

Also, Play Asia is a good site, I usually order Eva games from them.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”