Convention General Thread

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby A.T. Fish » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:06 am

View Original PostAri wrote:I also got a cute plus hoe

Do you mean plushie? Or is pimping actually a thing in cons now?

Ari
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Ari » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:41 am

View Original PostA.T. Fish wrote:Do you mean plushie? Or is pimping actually a thing in cons now?

Apparently autocorrect doesn't think "plushie" is a real word? :lol:

View Original PostThe Eva Monkey wrote:D'awww. Was he cute? Who was the one auctioned off?

If you're in Chicago, you should look into Anime Central. I've been a couple times. Carl Horn usually goes and hosts Evangelion panels there. He's always cool to meet.

The date auction lasted like 3 hours, it was long *_*. The date was pretty fun though. I met a few people there!

There were a few Eva panels at Anime Midwest but they were all really late and there is curfew to worry about. I'm excited for Acen though! I heard that it was bigger. I'm planning to cosplay Ritsuko and Misatp for that one.

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

•      
  •      

Postby soul.assassin » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:16 am

@ari: turned out you did a perfect cute Hikari there. :clap:

Crashed the second day of Cosmania yesterday. Took a few pics because I admit I kind of lost with current-gen anime right now but instead been busy supporting an idol tribute group.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:21 pm

Cool! You always send us lots of fun stuff to RT ^_^
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Dartz
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Re: Convention General Thread

•      
  •      

Postby Dartz » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:24 pm

Kaizokucon on March 4th, for anyone here in Ireland. Good con, worth going to.

Will have The Hakushu Distiller's reserve, maybe some Teeling and... ahem.... I think you can guess the con might be secondary.
-------m(^0^)m------ Wot, no sig?

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

•      
  •      

Postby soul.assassin » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:01 am

https://www.facebook.com/Ani.Mia.Cospla ... 41/?type=3

Idiots doing damage to hotels is why soon there'll be no fun.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:13 am

The "One Punch Man was here" is pretty hilarious, though. (Property damage aside.)

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:10 pm

Anyone going to be at MAGFest this weekend?

http://magfest.org/

Butterscotch
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Butterscotch » Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:08 am

View Original PostDartz wrote:Kaizokucon on March 4th, for anyone here in Ireland. Good con, worth going to.

Kaizokucon is the only anime related con I haven't been to! I have been meaning to go but something gets in the way. I heard it's great fun.

@soul.assassin that's terrible. :(

Living in Japan now and would like to go to cons here. Hoping to go to Comiket, Anime Japan and the street fiesta event in Osaka next year. Will keep an eye out for any anime and cosplay events coming up over the next few months. :)
http://cairdiuil.deviantart.com/
https://www.facebook.com/cairduels

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Tue May 03, 2016 4:46 pm

A couple of days ago, I got my ticket for the Puerto Rico Comic Con on Sunday, May 22. Also, I bought a Photo Op with Laura Bailey, should be a really great memory.
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

Joy Evangelion
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Joy Evangelion » Mon May 16, 2016 10:20 pm

Acen this weekend....yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss. Been looking forward to this one since January. Hoping to get to talk to other people about anime and Eva, since the other fifty one weekends out of the year that don't happen and last year I couldn't really bring myself to. It'd be pretty cool to run into an evageek, though I know I'm not the most prolific poster(unless you're a user that only goes in the music thread) on this forum.

Hope any EGFers that attend have a really great time! :cool: If you see anyone "cosplaying" on Saturday as "casually dressed Shinji" it might be me.
I used to work in a factory and I was really happy because I could daydream all day -- I.C.
And thanks to EVA, I've started like myself and that has made me very happy. Mr. Anno, please keep working on EVA a lot more.
and thank you so much for everything!!

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Fri May 20, 2016 12:56 pm

Anyone gearing up for Otakon in August?

I just got my panel and workshop approvals for Otakon the other day, here's what I'll be presenting:

Panels:

Japan Still Loves Evangelion, Entirely Too Much
We’ll be taking a look at the many ways that prove beyond the shadow of a doubt that Japan loves Evangelion entirely too much. From zany merchandise, to theme park attractions, to an attempt to send an unmanned probe to pierce the moon’s surface with a miniature replica of the Spear of Longinus.

The Life & Works of Hideaki Anno
Evangelion has been wildly successful and popular worldwide. But despite its popularity, its principal creator, Hideaki Anno, remains shrouded in mystery for many people. This panel will take a look at his life and works, and provide biographical information about the man who created Evangelion.

Requiem for Konami
Join us as we bid a fond farewell to Konami, a beloved game company who, through a series of terrible business decisions, may never publish another proper successor to any of its beloved franchises. We’ll look back to how it started, up to the present day, and its sad shift to pachinko and mobile.

Workshops:

Getting Started with Fuse Beads
Fuse beads are a form of pixel art where small beads are placed on a grid to form an or image and then melted together with a household iron. If you’ve ever thought about getting into fuse beads, it’s actually really easy, and this workshop will provide you with everything you need to get started.

Panelist Bootcamp
Whether you’re a complete newbie with an idea looking for some guidance, or an experienced panelist looking to sharpen your skills, this workshop will provide you the tools you need to succeed at presenting panels in the future.

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Mon May 23, 2016 9:16 pm

I had a very cool experience at Puerto Rico Comic Con yesterday. Got to meet Laura Bailey and Travis Willingham where I presented to them my copy of Blue Gender complete collection DVD and Laura was excited about that saying it's been a long time since she last saw that series. She was so nice to autograph the DVD and even put Marlene at the very bottom with an arrow pointing at the character. ^_^ Also got to meet Deborah Estelle Philips and Kerrigan Mahan who are both greats in the Power Rangers world. With Deborah, I got my Time Force DVD autographed while with Kerrigan, we posed for photos. Speaking of which, I had to get my Photo Op with Laura refunded because it started at 4:45 PM and there was no way I could stick around for that as much as I wanted but oh well. Here's my pics with Kerrigan and the autographed items:

SPOILER: Show

"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Tue May 24, 2016 8:42 pm

I got to attend Planet Comiccon on Saturday. It was my first ever convention, and I had a blast! ^_^ There were a bunch of celebrities and some big name voice actors there, but I didn't do any of the meet and greets or attend any of the panels. I did get trolled by Giancarlo Esposito though. My group was taking a break just behind his booth, and he popped out through the curtain without warning and asked us what the heck was going on back there. Scared the crap out of us. :lol:

I did get to meet Amanda Conner and Don Rosa. Very lovely people. I spent most of my time there just wandering the convention floor, browsing booths and watching the cosplayers. It'd be really fun to try that out next time I hit a con, I think. Maybe I can do a passable Gendo if I get in shape. :tongue:
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Wed May 25, 2016 2:39 am

Forgot to mention that I'd be heading to Anime Central ("Acen"). That happened, and it was sofa king awesome. I'd have a lot more to say if I hadn't already said it elsewhere. Maybe I'll try to repeat it sometime soon.

I can say this part upfront, cuz it's site-relevant: I did attend an Evangelion panel this year, but it was so boring I walked out within minutes. :lol: Co-hosting with Carl Horn last year ruined my standards for Evangelion panels forever (and that's a good thing).

View Original PostThe Eva Monkey wrote:Anyone gearing up for Otakon in August?

I just got my panel and workshop approvals for Otakon the other day, here's what I'll be presenting:

You make me wish I was made of money. (Maybe some day I will be.)
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Joy Evangelion
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Joy Evangelion » Wed May 25, 2016 1:40 pm

Monk Ed wrote:Evangelion panel

Yea, the Eva panel last year was awesome, wish he would have done another this year. Anyway, I'm actually considering doing one next year that would cast Eva in a more positive light, as it makes me a little sad that people like to focus on the negative aspects of the series and the "get in the robot shinjis" as if all eva fans are total nihilists.

Friday night I got to see REDEATH at midnight madness, which totally made my day and made me feel like a true old school eva fan. Love those late nineties references! And Saturday I saw a very well presented panel on Madoka which helped me sort out my feelings with Rebellion, which I was actually having a lot of trouble with for a couple months. Catharsis!
I used to work in a factory and I was really happy because I could daydream all day -- I.C.
And thanks to EVA, I've started like myself and that has made me very happy. Mr. Anno, please keep working on EVA a lot more.
and thank you so much for everything!!

MuscleRobo
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby MuscleRobo » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:01 am

View Original PostThe Eva Monkey wrote:Requiem for Konami
Join us as we bid a fond farewell to Konami, a beloved game company who, through a series of terrible business decisions, may never publish another proper successor to any of its beloved franchises. We’ll look back to how it started, up to the present day, and its sad shift to pachinko and mobile

I hope you have a nice dose of Ganbare Goemon information!

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:16 am

AnimeExpo in Los Angeles is next weekend. I'm attending Saturday with my brother, and we're planning on seeing things like the Star Ocean launch party, the SAO english cast panel, and some of the various screenings such as Samurai Champloo and Cowboy Bebop. I wish I could attend on Monday, because there's going to be the Cowboy Bebop Jazz Cat Experience which sounds really fun, but alas I shall be working.

Anybody else going to be there Saturday? It would be really cool to meet up with any of you.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:02 am

Anybody else manage to snag a New York Comic Con ticket yesterday? I got my Saturday badge after a 2 hour queue time.
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:14 am

View Original PostThe Eva Monkey wrote:Anyone gearing up for Otakon in August?

Absolutely. I got my badge all figured out, I just need to figure out car stuff now. (I instigated a fender-bender earlier this month, and am in need to a body-shop.)

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”