Scenes that bothered you in 3.0

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition").
The third installment debuted in Japan on November 17, 2012.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

Shinoyami65
Seed
Seed
User avatar
Age: 23
Posts: 3926
Joined: Jul 26, 2012
Location: Vinculum Gate
Gender: Male

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:25 am

View Original Postcaragnafog dog wrote:Seeing Yui physically fused with unit 01 was kind of terrifying.


When was that? I thought we only see her being lowered towards the core, not whatever atrocity of science occurred when she actually got into it.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

caragnafog dog
Lilin
Lilin
User avatar
Age: 25
Posts: 1474
Joined: Feb 11, 2013
Location: Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Gender: Male

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby caragnafog dog » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:36 am

You're probably right, I'm just remembering the part with her arms folded, attached to shit. It was less grotesque when it was just her soul inside.
On 11/10/14, at 8:43 PM, Merrimerri wrote:
fhycjubg beat tge sgut iyt if gun
On 6/2/15, at 10:14 PM, Delispin wrote:
> Wow. I've disgusted even myself.

https://qnuw.wordpress.com/ The hottest new meme, revived in blog form. qnuw/qnuw. qnuw/qnuw. qnuw/qnuw.

Chrad
Ramiel
Ramiel
Posts: 348
Joined: Sep 02, 2008
Location: Sydney

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Chrad » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:54 pm

View Original PostKendrix wrote:if it hadn't been so "rushed", Shinji would actually have had time to think about WTF was going on, and we'd end up with a very different result.

The point is that he didn't have that time, and didn't get to properly talk to ppl, percieving only that they hate his ass without getting a closer look at the occassional residual feeling, or explanations/anything to suggest that these are still the people he knew on some level.

It's a PoV thing.

Any scenes involving Shinji screwing up because he doesn't know what is going on is a scene that bothered me in 3.0.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director
User avatar
Age: 32
Posts: 8474
Joined: Jun 09, 2009
Location: Playing amongst the stars
Gender: Male

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:16 pm

View Original PostChrad wrote:I actually felt 3.0 felt like 6 episodes crammed into 90 minutes. It was all so rushed, and since so much time was spent on exposition, even the central character relationship wasn't given breathing room. Just bizarre. What happened to the Anno from the EoE days? Now THAT is how you do breakneck pacing in a film.

But 3.0 wasn't really "break-necked" in its pacing. Much of the middle segment in the film was slowly and methodically paced out. Sure, the beginning was a little crazy in its pacing (which seemed really intentional because of how well-implemented into the film it was), and the end was a bit shorter than I initially would have liked it to be. But much of the movie took its time setting up the relationship between Kaworu and Shinji, which, I think, worked really well for the film.

Also, I don't understand. How can a movie feel like 6 different episodes crammed into 90 minutes if there isn't 3 - 6 separate accounts of a set-up, build-up to climax, and resolution throughout the film? (Such as the case with 1.0.) 3.0 had one Act 1 set-up (Shinji with Wille), one Act 2 where there was a long stretch where it build to a climax (Shinji with Kaworu), and one Act 3 resolution (Shinji with Asuka), therefore subverting any feelings of there being multiple episodes with multiple 3-Act-Structures crammed into the movie. Because if this irrefutable fact of the film's make-up in story structure, I really can't understand your argument at all.
Live-Action Lofi Hip Hop Radio beats to relax/study to

Details about the making of the video here.

Warren Peace
Lilin
Lilin
User avatar
Age: 89
Posts: 1737
Joined: May 28, 2010

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Warren Peace » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:21 pm

The fans have spoken, Anno! We want no less than FOUR episodes of Shinji and Kaworu playing the piano! Make it happen!

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu
User avatar
Posts: 3195
Joined: Nov 08, 2008
Location: Toronto, Canada

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:04 am

View Original PostWarren Peace wrote:The fans have spoken, Anno! We want no less than FOUR episodes of Shinji and Kaworu playing the piano! Make it happen!

Not just playing the piano, but playing around and possibly on top of it too.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW


Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests