Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

What anime are you watching right now? May-Nov '13

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun May 26, 2013 8:41 am

Continued from

View Original Postcaragnafog dog wrote:er that edit got buried so

I couldn't sleep, so I decided to stay up all night and finish ZZ. I feel like crap now but I'm glad it's done. A few things:

SPOILER: Show
1. best girl won
2. I was more glad to see Kamille get a happy ending than I was at anything else that happened in the series. The kid deserved it.

Will watch CCA later today.
Last edited by Mr. Tines on Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Sun May 26, 2013 8:51 am

Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 (2012)

Am I the only one watching this? :lol:

Started watching the first 4 episodes of Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko for no reason

God I'm lonely.
Last edited by InstrumentalityOne on Sun May 26, 2013 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Redtophat
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Redtophat » Sun May 26, 2013 10:20 am

^2 more days till' Chapter 5 brotha! :D

caragnafog dog
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby caragnafog dog » Sun May 26, 2013 11:07 am

Char's Counterrattack

Noble confidants indeed.

This is the best looking Gundam I've seen so far, must have been something in theaters. The battles were more detailed and seemed generally more complex as well.

I enjoyed ghostlightning's write-up on it, though since I never had any admiration for Char the way others do this film doesn't sully his image in my eyes.

Amuro and Char aside, Tomino killed everyone I liked. Again. But as a conclusion to this particular section of UC it made sense; many important people died for reasons of dubious importance. Despite the ending implying peace, it seemed like a downer to me, as if the conflict isn't fully resolved.

It was a fun and grandiose way to wrap up Amuro and Char's rivalry, despite how disjointed it felt with ZZ in between.
On 11/10/14, at 8:43 PM, Merrimerri wrote:
fhycjubg beat tge sgut iyt if gun
On 6/2/15, at 10:14 PM, Delispin wrote:
> Wow. I've disgusted even myself.

https://qnuw.wordpress.com/ The hottest new meme, revived in blog form. qnuw/qnuw. qnuw/qnuw. qnuw/qnuw.

sprintstyle
Embryo

Postby sprintstyle » Sun May 26, 2013 4:17 pm

I continue with my Sunday movies , this time i watched My Neighbor Totoro, its a really nice movie thats very easy to watch. i really liked it

schwarzstahlhelm1993
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby schwarzstahlhelm1993 » Sun May 26, 2013 5:58 pm

View Original Postcaragnafog dog wrote:This is the best looking Gundam I've seen so far, must have been something in theaters. The battles were more detailed and seemed generally more complex as well.

If you think that's good, just get ready for F91.

caragnafog dog wrote:ghostlightning

Ewww

Gargantia's latest episode is boring, tedious, obnoxious and...boring, tedious, obnoxious, etc. Just like episodes 4, 5 and 6. Don't even bother, guys.

Old man dies. Ridget becomes captain. Flagen's (?) ship leaves along with Ledo. That's it. And it takes 28 minutes for all that to happen.

caragnafog dog
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby caragnafog dog » Sun May 26, 2013 6:08 pm

I don't agree with everything he says (the scumbag didn't even like kino) but he always impresses me with how much he can take away from mecha shows that seem so simple.

Of course, you could also chalk it up to overwrought analytical babble, but I've no right to say that. Not smart enough.

https://qnuw.wordpress.com/ The hottest new meme, revived in blog form. qnuw/qnuw. qnuw/qnuw. qnuw/qnuw.

Redtophat
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Redtophat » Sun May 26, 2013 8:12 pm

My galaxy is about to shine!

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Dream » Sun May 26, 2013 8:50 pm

Watched the first two episodes of Gunbuster!

It might be that i came with unrealistic expectations, but i certainly didn't think i would see things like a training montage, people naming their attacks, exagerated drama on things that shouldn't need to be said, or other random bits of concentrated 80's in Hideaki Anno's directorial debut. The first episode was particularly jarring with this and even then elements of genius rised up quite often (particularly anything regarding Noriko's father and her relationship with/mourning of him) but overall i don't know if i would have continued on from the first episode just by the show's merits.

The second episode felt much better, though. While i don't know whether or not to be pissed at Noriko's "DADDYYYY! :bawl:" antics, it was overall quite interesting, specially since it feels that so much happened in that episode. While some of the things plus the general feel was quite a bit 80's, it was still pretty engaging.

Somehow, i have the feeling that the show gets much better in the next episodes, plus much more emotionally engaging (something in which the show is admittedly good at). Also, i must admit that i really like the animation and how good (not so much in terms of production but in terms of skilled animators) it is.

EDIT: Also, do you guys think it would be better to watch the next episodes back-to-back, wait a while and then watch the final two episodes, or it would be better to just watch it all at once?
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

C.A.P.
Wabbit Duelist
Wabbit Duelist

Postby C.A.P. » Sun May 26, 2013 9:04 pm

I say pace yourself as you watch it (or at least, don't try watching them all back to back..unless you want to watch them all now). It'll make the last two episodes that much more poignant when you get there.

Also, I'll say this before Xard does: Be ready for one of the best endings to anything ever.
Last edited by C.A.P. on Sun May 26, 2013 9:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Free-associative internet ravings know no proprietors."-Azathoth
"Cinema's value is that it is inhuman."-chee
"I only meant to stay a while."-ELO

schwarzstahlhelm1993
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby schwarzstahlhelm1993 » Sun May 26, 2013 9:05 pm

View Original PostDream wrote:EDIT: Also, do you guys think it would be better to watch the next episodes back-to-back, wait a while and then watch the final two episodes, or it would be better to just watch it all at once?

Watch the next three episodes, back to back. Then wait a week and watch the final episode.

THE FEEEELS

C.A.P.
Wabbit Duelist
Wabbit Duelist

Postby C.A.P. » Sun May 26, 2013 9:05 pm

^Yeah, what he said.

And before I forget, check out the Science Lessons if you can find them. One of them has a Sailor Moon reference in it.

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Dream » Sun May 26, 2013 9:14 pm

Ok, so i'll watch the next two (maybe three) episodes the next time i watch it, but no matter what i'll wait some time before watching the final episode. And yeah, i think the Science lessons are included in the copy i have.

Also, all this talk about the ending being so outstanding/shining really make me wonder what will happen :P
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

C.A.P.
Wabbit Duelist
Wabbit Duelist

Postby C.A.P. » Sun May 26, 2013 9:18 pm

Oh you'll see. If you thought Eva's ending was uplifting, this will top it.

That's all I'll say.

nervshatter
Banned

Postby nervshatter » Sun May 26, 2013 9:29 pm

Only have 6 episodes of Mobile Suit Gundam left and then its Zeta from there.
*sigh* just kill me already.

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Fireball » Sun May 26, 2013 9:42 pm

Shields are for pussies, real Witches fight with bushido!

Finished Strike Witches S1 and now on to S2.

Attack on Titan episode 8

Poor Uguu Titan. Lel@people calling asspull

Gargantia on the snoring Planet episode 8

Needs more SENMETSU and HEALING

The only interesting thing was the fact that Ledo is practically trapped on the planet which means the alliance won't appear unless they find some signal amplifier which they probably do under water. I do wonder if they can warp this up with 4 remaining episodes satisfyingly enough.

View Original Postcaragnafog dog wrote:Surely there are doujins of him murdering all the children?

View Original PostXard wrote:Dunno, haven't seen one of if it exists. Jewdough broke him and led him into chicken business anyway so I doubt he'd have the needed willpower left even in doujin form

No, but there is this gem

=P

View Original PostJune wrote:My galaxy is about to shine!

KIRABOSHI!!

View Original PostDream wrote:Watched the first two episodes of Gunbuster!

It might be that i came with unrealistic expectations, but i certainly didn't think i would see things like a training montage, people naming their attacks, exagerated drama on things that shouldn't need to be said, or other random bits of concentrated 80's in Hideaki Anno's directorial debut. The first episode was particularly jarring with this and even then elements of genius rised up quite often (particularly anything regarding Noriko's father and her relationship with/mourning of him) but overall i don't know if i would have continued on from the first episode just by the show's merits.

The second episode felt much better, though. While i don't know whether or not to be pissed at Noriko's "DADDYYYY! :bawl:" antics, it was overall quite interesting, specially since it feels that so much happened in that episode. While some of the things plus the general feel was quite a bit 80's, it was still pretty engaging.

Somehow, i have the feeling that the show gets much better in the next episodes, plus much more emotionally engaging (something in which the show is admittedly good at). Also, i must admit that i really like the animation and how good (not so much in terms of production but in terms of skilled animators) it is.

Gunbuster's first few episodes are a parody of Ace o Nerae!. Second half is hot-blooded mecha drama with hard science on top.

Also, FML posts are prohibited with that avatar.

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

CJD
Banned

Postby CJD » Mon May 27, 2013 12:37 am

View Original PostJune wrote:My galaxy is about to shine!

Prepare to sing out your youth.

MAU YUKI WA
HOSHI NO KAKERA

Gargantia 8

I dunno, I liked it. Sure, not much happened but it was full of FEELS.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

caragnafog dog
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby caragnafog dog » Mon May 27, 2013 9:20 am

Gunbuster second half is brilliant.

Also, I finished 0080. Xard didn't sell it short, I thought it was the most deeply human of any of the gendems I've seen.

It was brutal and unexpectedly heartbreaking. When Al's friends mistake his mourning for disappointment that the war was over... that's what I thought Gundam would be about before I'd ever seen any of it. The pointlessness of the fighting and those who enable, or even revel in it. Tough stuff.

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Mon May 27, 2013 12:57 pm

Hentai Ouji to warawanai Neko 7

Exceeded expectations/10

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Final Messenger » Mon May 27, 2013 5:56 pm

Cowboy bebop episode 17
we be tripping balls
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

Return to “Old Stickies”