Non-Eva Anime and Manga discussion

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Sat May 04, 2013 9:53 am

Uhm i am a little confused about the topic but pretty sure it is Gundam related.You guys post a lot of random stuff so i'll post mine!

Zeta Gundam is the best Gundam series and one of the best animes ever made.

:kampai:
There was a signature here. It's gone now....... - This is (not) a Silent Hill's reference
Members on my ignore list: Bagheera, pwhodges, Nuclear Lunchbox, Rosenakahara

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Sat May 04, 2013 6:09 pm

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

•      
  •      

Postby Tankred » Sat May 04, 2013 6:24 pm

You know they have some crazy footwear in the late UC 80's

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Final Messenger » Sat May 04, 2013 8:53 pm

dat UC foot wear is the best
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

nervshatter
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby nervshatter » Sat May 04, 2013 10:17 pm

View Original PostTankred wrote:Mk I is in Zeta in Hong Kong, Mk II in the latter stages of Zeta and returns in ZZ. Mk III is non-canon.

What a shame I though it looked more menacing than the previous versions and it was one of the most annoying/hardest side bosses I ever went through.

SPOILER: Show
*sigh* just kill me already.

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Sun May 05, 2013 9:34 am

Sunrise should make a new Gundam anime following the ending of the Zeta movie.Pretend that ZZ and CAA never existed.

And i want more Char.
There was a signature here. It's gone now....... - This is (not) a Silent Hill's reference

The Killer of Heroes
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby The Killer of Heroes » Sun May 05, 2013 6:06 pm

I'd like to see Crossbone get an anime myself. Haven't read the manga yet, but I enjoyed Gundam F91 quite a bit.

TruthfulLie
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby TruthfulLie » Mon May 06, 2013 5:42 am

View Original PostDima wrote:And i want more Char.

You may get what you want when Origin finally hits, but that's at least two years down the road I'd say.

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Mon May 06, 2013 6:04 am

View Original PostTruthfulLie wrote:You may get what you want when Origin finally hits, but that's at least two years down the road I'd say.

Only if Origin becomes very popular especially for the fans who haven't watched the original series(mostly SEED fans).We must wait and see if Origin will be an OVA or a TV Series.

Also Char's voice actor said that we will see Origin in 2014.

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Mon May 06, 2013 7:04 am

Japan is going to eat it up regardless.

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Mon May 06, 2013 7:25 am

View Original PostFireball wrote:Japan is going to eat it up regardless.

Hope so.More UC and Char is always good ^_^ .

I would like to see a new Gundam era/universe but after AGE i dont want them to try it for at least 10 years.

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Mon May 06, 2013 10:34 am

Is G-Savior any good? I know a lot of people dislike it for some reason...
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Final Messenger » Mon May 06, 2013 10:48 am

View Original PostSquigsquasher wrote:Is G-Savior any good?

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaha

No it's absolutely terrible. It was much worse than Gundam seed Destiny imo and that is saying a lot

also my favorite gunpla Guru made a sarcastic video about it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L89pNX1aYKc
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Mon May 06, 2013 1:05 pm

View Original PostSquigsquasher wrote:Is G-Savior any good? I know a lot of people dislike it for some reason...

Haven't watched it.There are people that like it and there people who don't.The same can be said for SEED.

I liked Seed though :uhh:

TruthfulLie
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby TruthfulLie » Mon May 06, 2013 1:06 pm

View Original PostDima wrote:Only if Origin becomes very popular especially for the fans who haven't watched the original series(mostly SEED fans).We must wait and see if Origin will be an OVA or a TV Series.

Also Char's voice actor said that we will see Origin in 2014.

I believe the 2014 comment turned out to be a rumor and that only. Considering that the last episode of Unicorn isn't due till 2014 and the fact that the spin-off for Age isn't due in mid-2013(and that's just Gundam projacts. There are other projects like Valvrave and whatever they may be planning for 2014 seasons), 2014 isn't a realistic due date even for a big company as Sunrise. And because they are dealing with THE Gundam, they have to make sure they take their time and perfect which I am fine with.

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Mon May 06, 2013 1:15 pm

View Original PostTruthfulLie wrote:I believe the 2014 comment turned out to be a rumor and that only. Considering that the last episode of Unicorn isn't due till 2014 and the fact that the spin-off for Age isn't due in mid-2013, 2014 isn't a realistic due date even for a big company as Sunrise. And because they are dealing with THE Gundam, they have to make sure they take their time and perfect which I am fine with.

I dont think it was a rumour.The actor said to the crowd that the next time he will see them will be for Gundam anniversary and about Origin.Unicorn final OVA has a spring 2014 release date.I dont know the AGE Movie release but i doubt that Sunrise has high expectations from it and it will be out probably before the summer 2014.

I would put my money on fall 2014 for Origin.I dont know if it will be a TV series or OVA.Gundam TV series usually debut in the fall so the pattern fits.

TruthfulLie
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby TruthfulLie » Mon May 06, 2013 1:24 pm

View Original PostDima wrote:I dont think it was a rumour.The actor said to the crowd that the next time he will see them will be for Gundam anniversary and about Origin.Unicorn final OVA has a spring 2014 release date.I dont know the AGE Movie release but i doubt that Sunrise has high expectations from it and it will be out probably before the summer 2014.

I would put my money on fall 2014 for Origin.I dont know if it will be a TV series or OVA.Gundam TV series usually debut in the fall so the pattern fits.

Can you link me the statement regarding 2014 comment? Unicorn is due for spring. That means they are going to work on it until at least winter of 2013. Whether they expect high or low on Age doesn't really matter. The fact that the project is still on-going means they have their resources tied to it. Sunrise has never been able to pull off Gundam series year after another. Just look at the time between the recent Gundams, they've been at least two years apart. It takes months and years to plan and make a title whether it be TVA or OVA. Hell, I'd love to see it in 2014 but I seriously doubt they can pull it off by 2014 fall to be honest.

EDIT: http://kaito2198.blog43.fc2.com/blog-entry-1237.html - an article published on Jan 2013 regarding the 2014 rumor.

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Mon May 06, 2013 1:33 pm

View Original PostTruthfulLie wrote:Can you link me the statement regarding 2014 comment? Unicorn is due for spring. That means they are going to work on it until at least winter of 2013. Whether they expect high or low on Age doesn't really matter. The fact that the project is still on-going means they have their resources tied to it. Sunrise has never been able to pull off Gundam series year after another. Just look at the time between the recent Gundams, they've been at least two years apart. It takes months and years to plan and make a title whether it be TVA or OVA. Hell, I'd love to see it in 2014 but I seriously doubt they can pull it off by 2014 fall to be honest.

Here is the link(check the last part): http://www.desmondchieng.com/ikeda-shui ... he-origin/

I didn't notice you was talking about resources.The truth is Sunrise has many projects for the future like Unicorn,AGE movie,Valvare,Code Geass OVA,Seed Destiny HD and many others but there are dedicated teams for each of it.Also take in mind that Origin was announced 2 years ago and by the time it will be premiere it will be 3+ years so that's a long time for developing.

EDIT-The link you posted about Origin was confirmed as fake.

The Killer of Heroes
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby The Killer of Heroes » Mon May 06, 2013 1:45 pm

View Original PostDima wrote:I liked Seed though :uhh:

I like SEED too, but shit does it fall apart once the Aegis blows up.

TruthfulLie
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby TruthfulLie » Mon May 06, 2013 1:47 pm

View Original PostDima wrote:Here is the link(check the last part): http://www.desmondchieng.com/ikeda-shui ... he-origin/

I didn't notice you was talking about resources.The truth is Sunrise has many projects for the future like Unicorn,AGE movie,Valvare,Code Geass OVA,Seed Destiny HD and many others but there are dedicated teams for each of it.Also take in mind that Origin was announced 2 years ago and by the time it will be premiere it will be 3+ years so that's a long time for developing.

EDIT-The link you posted about Origin was confirmed as fake.

The article I linked merely states that nothing of official for 2014 due date is confirmed which is still true even if the VA leaked the info since nothing is "official" yet. Not sure if that's what he actually meant but let's hope that he means that it will air on 2014, but I still have my doubts until Sunrise actually announces it as such. As for the Sunrise, I am aware of the size of the company but there are some things that cannot be simply be covered by having a lot of resources. There are only a few of those who can and should play the pivotal role in carrying out the project.

P.S. Trying to dig up to see if any other sources quote the interview or any related info regarding this but can't seem to find any.

I like SEED too, but shit does it fall apart once the Aegis blows up.

They could've made it up if Shin actually killed Kira in SEED Destiny (though it was probably too late to fix the shit at that point, they still had some chance of turning it around.)
Last edited by TruthfulLie on Mon May 06, 2013 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Anime and Manga”