Blaming Misato...

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition").
The third installment debuted in Japan on November 17, 2012.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:25 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:I'm talking about Misato blame coming from IRL, from the perspective of those of us that are outside the 4th wall. Nobody inside the Evaverse is blaming Misato for this crap.
Sorry, when you said "Why should there even be a blame game for this?", I tough you were talking about the characters of the series playing a "blame game", not about us viewers!
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:27 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote: Much better than the C word, and has a lot more impact.

All else aside, I disagree with that last part. There's beauty in simplicity.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:00 pm

View Original PostCJD wrote:All else aside, I disagree with that last part. There's beauty in simplicity.

With all due respect, I find that the use of curse words, while carrying a lot of impact, are a crude and unintelligent way of speaking. I don't mean that people who use them are stupid; what I mean is that there is always a better word for whatever you are labeling somebody as.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:43 pm

Specifically, the curse words may express your general feelings about someone, but carry no meaning that explains those feelings. In isolation, they are therefore of very limited use.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: "It's my intention not to see you again" (details); Past avatars.
Can't wait for 3.0+1.0? - try Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:32 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:Try referring to her as, "A woman that acts in a callous, rude, unforgiving manner and infuriates those that are forced to deal with her both foolish and idiotic decisions as well as her insufferable attitude." Much better than the C word, and has a lot more impact.

But it doesn't carry the emotional punch of that one word. Plus it's way more tedious to type out than a single word that sums up all of that raw emotion, like CJD said, there's beauty in simplicity. The C-word isn't a beautiful word when put into a negative connotation, it's a powerful reactionary word which can be used to express extreme contempt (which is how I used it), BUT.....it can be given any sort of connotation one wants under the right circumstances, and THAT'S the beauty of language: It's flexibility in different emotional situations. You CAN use the C-word in a more positive light or connotation...it's just that the majority of it's use unfortunately is linked with negativity. It's WAY more linked with negativity than it's closest simile: "pussy". For example, you can call someone a pussy and have it mean that they're a coward OR a woman/man can use it as a positive term of endearment for a woman's genitalia etc, etc. It IS possible to do the same thing with "The C-Word" but unfortunately, again, it's WAY more linked with negativity than "pussy" is. Like I said before, if there's ONE WORD that carries the same emotional punch as "The C-Word" that is less inflammatory....point me to it, but then maybe it has to be inflammatory in order for it to have the proper impact.

I'm just trying to explain this as logically and as Carlin-esque as I possible can without trying to offend anyone. If I have, then my apologies.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:47 pm

Raw emotion? I think it's a word that anybody can dole out, regardless of what emotional state they're in.

But I digress. Topic?

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion”