Eva et Salomé (ooc; old)

General Role-Playing and collective works.

Moderator: Board Staff

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Lavinius » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:41 pm

I'm wondering, why do they call it Unit-03-02? It doesn't make sense. It has nothing to do with Unit-03.
Squigsquasher, you do have my permission to change its name to Unit-05, unless of course there is some reason for it to have this strange name.
~ibi cubávit Lamia, et invénit sibi reiquiem~

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:27 pm

View Original PostLavinius wrote:I'm wondering, why do they call it Unit-03-02? It doesn't make sense. It has nothing to do with Unit-03.
Squigsquasher, you do have my permission to change its name to Unit-05, unless of course there is some reason for it to have this strange name.

The actual reason?

I wanted to make a unique name whilst keeping the "Unit X" nomenclature.

With regards to justification within the background, Unit 03-2 was an experimental unit, meant to test the possibilities for core transfers between Evangelions, and also as the basis for a support unit, meant for aiding other units rather than directly participating in battle. Thus it is considered "outside" the normal line of Evangelions, and whilst fundamentally the same as an ordinary Eva, is sufficiently different to deserve its own categorization, like the MP EVas from EoE-for a comparison, here is the "Gaiden Game" concept on TV Tropes. It is still an Evangelion unit, but it is a separate project from the main Evangelion series, and thus does not "count" towards the numbering of the main series Evangelion units. With regards to the specific name, the precise justification is up to you-you're the boss after all! :yui_grin: Perhaps it was constructed using the same base skeleton/construction techniques as Unit 03 (hence Unit 03-2), except made from Lilith instead, and with heavy modifications.

If you want the name changed, here's a few ideas;

Unit XS-01 (XS=Extra-Series, referring to its unique status).

Unit ε-τ 01 (Epsilon-Tau 01, just a fancy code-name).

Elysium Unit 01 ("Elysium" could be a code-name for the separate line of Evangelions-and yes, I know Elysium is the Greek mythological paradise for warriors, it just sounds fancy and Greeky for the series).

Unit Ϙ (Koppa or Qoppa-another silly Greek letter)

Mark PR-05 (PR standing for Provisional, whilst having the designation Mark instead of Unit, like Mark 06 from Rebuild, to make it that little bit different).

Of course, if you think of anything better, just tell me. Just keep it fairly military sounding.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Lavinius » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:06 pm

Evangelion Unit-π.
Done.
I'm so brilliant, am I not?
In case you don't get it, that's the irrational number π, equal to 3.14159265whatevernobodycares. I already used an irrational number to show that Unit-e was not standard-line so it fits well. And come to think of it since Evangelion Unit-00 was made directly by Seele long before progress on the other Evas was even started it should have special name as well... L'Evangelion Vera!

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:29 am

Great idea for the name! It shall be so.

Also, I've posted. You guys don't think I'm making Qiuyi into a Mary Sue, do you?
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Lavinius » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:47 am

View Original PostSquigsquasher wrote:You guys don't think I'm making Qiuyi into a Mary Sue, do you?

I'd say it's a little early to make that assumption. She does seem a little too cheery for someone whom lost her sister, but perhaps that's just how she is. Still, she should get a little crazier later. My Frederik-kun is bloody in love with his Eva, and Evelyn is a pure sociopath.

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:02 am

EDIT: Deleted due to pointlessness.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Lavinius » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:24 pm

I updated my earlier post to have Frederik's answer to Qiuyi's question.

Omake: Names
*Frederik Sunesen- Frederik is a common name in Denmark, being the name of several kings, however I more named him to honor Frederick of Prussia. Sunesen is from the name of the Danish Archbishop Anders Sunesen, who was the nephew of Archbishop Absalon, whom had a ship named after him- I originally wanted to keep the naval naming theme. I suppose I made him Danish because of Hamlet. In many ways Frederik is a self-insert, and to be honest most of the thoughts he has are my own.
*Frederik Aaben- Like the other Frederik, a self-insert though in a different role. Aaben was the middle name of Søren Kierkegaard.
*Ophelia- This source of this one is fairly obvious... even when Frederik was an Indian girl in my mind, I wanted him to have shown the beauty of naming his Eva. I considered Asura and Hamlet before settling on the name of the most famous Danish maiden. The idea of Frederik being in love with his Eva came from a Code Geass character I once came up with- Antoine from the Euro Universe. He was to be infatuated with his Knightmare the Adrianus, built to defend Britain from the Britannians... those names themselves are from the Emperor Hadrian and his boyfriend Antinous.
*Ishii Shotoku- Ishii is just a Japanese family name I liked. Prince Shotoku was a Japanese regent during the Asuka (yay!) period.
*Evelyn Rossetti- First name from Evelyn Nesbit, with the added benefit of having "Eve" at the beginning. Rossetti from Dante Gabriel Rossetti, one of my favorite artists. I thought about naming her Evelyn Moreau, after another of my favorite painters, but then I realized that this might more bring up the idea of Dr. Moreau. Though, as she is Lilith, and so created Earth's life, this perhaps wouldn't have been inappropriate.
*Salomé- From Oscar Wilde's play Salomé.

Lance of LoL
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Lance of LoL » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:45 pm

Alright

Ronan is just a typical Irish name I could shorten to the gender neutral "Ro". He is in no way a self insert, but just a character type I really wanted to try, I'm not really good with quiet characters and I never tried a cross dresser actively before.

Aisling is a type of poem, again, Irish, but also shares its name with a ship, so that's works.

Brionac is a name I've found connected to the spear used by the Irish God of Light Lugh.

Very straight forward, it's all Irish. XD
Avatar: MAKE WAY FOR THE HOMO SUPERIOR!

>>>>Rebuild of Evangelion RP "If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough."~Meister Eckhart<<<<

Nuke-kun: I know not of this "civil conversation" bullshit you speak of.

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:54 pm

The name Qiuyi Fang is actually based on the name of a girl in my class at college (who's actually Chinese, but oh well). I thought it was a nice name, and I wanted to go for a non-Japanese Asian character, so I thought heck, why not?

She's not really a self insert as such, (I am a great deal more snarky in real life) although some aspects of her (her crippling fear of being alone, potential to completely flip out if placed under stress) are lifted from myself.

I wouldn't mind being a pretty Taiwanese girl though. Sigh...

Unit n's codename, Morpheus, is named after the Greek god of dreams. It just struck me as a cool name. Seeing as it has yet to be introduced properly into the story, the significance of its name has yet to be truly shown...

With regards to the unit itself though, it is considered an abomination even by its creators. The biomechanoid literally radiates fear and revulsion, its abnormal existence an affront to nature. Whilst it is capable of having any core placed inside it (in this case, the core of Unit 02, containing the soul of Ai Fang) and is phenomenally resilient and strong, but is hugely unstable and volatile. When it moves, it spasms and twitches as it does so, constantly quivering. Thick, corrosive dark green liquid seeps out of joints, damaging the armour and slowly liquefying the flesh. Nobody is sure why it is doing this, although some have theorized that the Evangelion itself is such an unnatural creation that it is literally screaming for death at the atomic level, its constituent molecules trying to break down to escape from their hellishly warped structure, a structure which by all rights should not be possible.

For now, it is currently undergoing tuning and reconstruction to avoid a repeat of the tragic incident with poor Fei. It remains deep-frozen in storage, with massive bindings and control rods placed upon it. The freezing process is partially to restrain it and stop it from breaking loose, and partly to stop it from dissolving itself. When it is finally completed, Qiuyi will have to pilot it. The future of Unit 02 after this is uncertain, although it is most likely that Qiuyi will deploy in whichever Evangelion unit suits the circumstances.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Lavinius » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:51 pm

I moved his answer to the new post, so Frederik-kun had little to say, but I made up for it with a vignette of Seele.

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:59 am

OK, I've posted (well, I posted a while ago, I just hadn't mentioned it here yet). MAGI_01, your turn, I think.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:20 pm

Alright, I'll have a post up shortly.
"If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid." - Me
"Has anyone ever told you how pretty your eyes are?" - Akio's most famous line.
Akio in Lance of LoL's Rebuild RP
Steam/PSN: MAGI_01 Origin: MAGI_02
Interested in a FMA based RP? Then check this out!

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Lavinius » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:13 pm

Please do note that, in my arcane Solomonic wisdom, I have altered the policy to a more to a more sacred number of days.
View Original PostLavinius wrote:If, after three days, you have not posted, I will PM you a reminder.

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:49 pm

New character, created in conjunction with Aggy-kun.

Name: Xīn Èmó Cháo (新恶魔朝)
Birthdate: August 25th, 1966
Nationality: Chinese
Rank: Eighth Lord of the Instrumentality of the Noble Order of Seele.
Duties: Seele 08 Monolith, and the psychiatric and therapeutic care of Qiuyi Fang.
Appearance: Frail, medium height man, balding black hair, grey eyes, yellowish skin complexion. Thin moustache. Usually wearing a grey suit. Has a withered right leg and considerable limp due to suffering polio as a child, and so uses a walking stick, carved out of polished and lacquered yew.
Background: Child of a wealthy family, the only survivor of five children after an outbreak of polio. A Seele benfactor offered to give the boy treatment if he would be given in apprenticeship.
He has a alternate vision for Instrumentality than the accepted scenario, and quietly plots against the traditionalist Lords. He has taken on the role of psychological counselor for Qiuyi Fang, with the purpose of raising her as an alternative director who can be used in his scenario. In addition, Unit n, once being the unholy fusion of an Adamic core and Lilithian body, may be an excellent tool in Instrumentality. The strangeness of the unit, which he himself designed, is a secret even from the rest of Seele. He has a perverse admiration for Qiuyi and may as well have a little fun and games with her before he destroys her.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Atropos
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Atropos » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:51 pm

View Original PostSquigsquasher wrote:Rank: Eighth Lord of the Instrumentality of the Noble Order of Seele.

A Cordwainer Smith fan, I take it?

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Lavinius » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:56 pm

View Original PostAtropos wrote:A Cordwainer Smith fan, I take it?

Actually, I came up with that notation... and I haven't read any of Cordawainer Smith, but I did know he used the title, and I liked it, so...
Last edited by Lavinius on Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:52 pm

Got your PM. Sorry for the slight delay. I have been busy and have not had much time to write as of late. I will have a post up sometime later today.
"If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid." - Me
"Has anyone ever told you how pretty your eyes are?" - Akio's most famous line.
Akio in Lance of LoL's Rebuild RP
Steam/PSN: MAGI_01 Origin: MAGI_02
Interested in a FMA based RP? Then check this out!

Excess_Velocity
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Excess_Velocity » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:37 pm

I'd like to give this a try, if it's alright.

SPOILER: Show
Nerv/Seele officer:

Name: Daisuke Itou
Birthdate: 8/8/1983
Nationality: Japanese
Duties: Tactical Operations Director at Nerv
Appearance: Standing just under six feet tall, weighing a little under two hundred pounds, Daisuke is a little less than physically imposing, but manages to hold more than his own weight in a knowing, somewhat frightful and stern gaze. His broad frame dons a dark, velvet-colored coat over black dress pants, adorned with the decor of his rank. His face is relatively broad, but pale, and he wears his somewhat curly brown hair up short. He is constantly seen adjusting his brown tie, as if it is always too tight around his neck, but he never seems to loosen it, and is often caught 'spacing out' when not on duty.

Background:

Daisuke had the great opportunity to enjoy a pre-Second Impact World. His childhood was that of a typical youthful boy in Japan. He grew up amongst images of colorful monsters and action-packed cartoon shows. He had aspirations, many, as a teenager, to put to use natural talents he'd held all his life. He had, at one time, wished to go into Space, as an astronaut. The Second Impact changed all this, and at the age of 18, he found himself drafted into Japan's 'Self-Defense Force' as it spear-headed a number of wars to secure new resources in a post-apocalyptic world. Many of his childhood friends, and family, died before the Valentine Treaty was signed, and he left his post as a battle-hardened warrior who had, by his own account, 'seen more than he had wanted to seen'.

A transfer swept up by Nerv from the Japanese Strategic Self-Defense Force, Captain Itou has more than a few times proven to be a capable officer in the heat of battle. Having proven himself an expert in the arts of logistics, positioning, and reacting to enemy patterns ahead of time, his talents as an officer were seen as more than sufficient to land him a place among the Nerv crew as a director of its tactical operations. Tasked with providing intelligence and support to the Evas in combat, as well as at time relaying direct instruction, he finds himself facing a series of opponents that are more alien and varied than any human enemy he had ever trained to face.

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Lavinius » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:19 pm

^As founder and God-emperor of the roleplay, I wield, absolute, arbitrary power. As such, I mantain the right to say: "rejected," which I do now. I can simply see no place for him without disrupting the sacred rhythm.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:42 pm

I don't mean to intrude here oh great and mighty god-emperor of the RP, but it would probably be a good thing if you were more concrete in explaining WHY this character won't fit in and offering some constructive suggestions to help Excess_Velocity find a more suitable niche.

Otherwise it just comes across as this being some sort of 'old boys club', and that's not cool.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Return to “Role-Playing Related”