"Black" Evangelion Products

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Cody MacArthur Fett
Bardiel
Bardiel

"Black" Evangelion Products

•      
  •      

Postby Cody MacArthur Fett » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:17 pm

OK, this is going to sound really weird for a first post after so long, but I've come across some information that I just have to get a second opinion on.

I'll just copy and paste from the chat, with censorship to protect names.

6:30 PM - Contact 1: Well, there's also the visual novel where Misato comes home for a weekend and finds Shinji and Asuka having sex, and so she joins them and the whole VN is about just the weekend of the three having sex. That's also an official product.
6:30 PM - Contact 1: Alternate timeline, though.
6:31 PM - Contact 2: ...God, and I thought Transformers had creepy derevitives
6:33 PM - Cody MacArthur Fett: . . . OK, official product you say?
6:33 PM - Contact 1: Yes.
6:33 PM - Contact 1: But the creepiest by far is the Rei Simulator.
6:35 PM - Cody MacArthur Fett: Why have I never heard of this before? . . . Not the Ayanami Raising Project, I already knew about that and have several pictures from the epilogues saved.
6:35 PM - Contact 1: No, Rei Simiulator. Different from the Ayanami Raising Project which was in and of itself pretty fucking creepy.
6:37 PM - Cody MacArthur Fett: Ah . . . and yes, the Raising games are a pretty ceepy MLD-esque concept, but they have good art of the characters in situations and clothing that differs from the norm, which is useful when writing AU fics.
6:39 PM - Contact 1: Rei Project, which was made in the early 2000s for Japan and Taiwan, was an alternate universe where the NERV won and you were a scientist ordered to kill off all the remaining Rei clones. You couldn't do that, so you took them home to figure out what to do with them.
6:40 PM - Cody MacArthur Fett: Oh no.
6:41 PM - Contact 1: One of the scenarios was that they became four different women in four different countries around the world. (best scenario). The worst ending was that you triggered the angels in each of them (yeah, you heard me) and they destroyed the world. The strangest ending was, and I shit you not, was you raised one to be your little sister, one to be your wife, one to be your lover and the fourth you kept in a clone vat as parts for the other three.
6:41 PM - Contact 1: And it's that last ending that's the sickest.
6:42 PM - Contact 2: God fucking damnit Japan
6:43 PM - Contact 1: And when I mention that, I should also point out that the "wife" is really more of just a drudge slave/maid, while the "lover" is a sex slave, complete with neck collar.
6:44 PM - Cody MacArthur Fett: The frak?!
6:44 PM - Contact 1: The "little sister" seems to think there's nothing wrong about it and the "first aid kit" has a smile on her face even as some of her parts are missing (an arm) because she knows she's "helping the others."
6:44 PM -Contact 1: Yeah.
6:44 PM - Contact 1: And keep in mind this isn't the worst ending.
6:44 PM - Contact 1: the "worst" is the four angels one.
6:46 PM - Cody MacArthur Fett: Is there and ending where they kill the protagonist and get the frak out of there?
6:48 PM - Contact 1: Nope. The best ending is that you teach all four how to be different women (American, French, Japanese and Taiwanese), wipe their minds and then send them off to (what looks like) NY, Paris, Osaka and Taipei with no memory of each other and thinking they've always been who they are.
6:48 PM - Contact 2: ...
6:49 PM - Cody MacArthur Fett: Compared to the alternatives, that doesn't sound so bad.
6:49 PM - Contact 1: It's the easiest ending to get: all you have to do is not have sex with any of them (did I mention they're all going through puberty when you get them and you're the first male they've seen?)
6:50 PM - Cody MacArthur Fett: OK, why have I never heard anythinf about this product?
6:50 PM - Contact 1: If you have sex with one, you get the good II ending which is one of them (presumably the one you had sex with) marries you. If you have sex with two of them, you get various different endings. Having sex with all of them and turning them against each other makes the worst ending. I don't know what you have to do to get the strange ending.
6:51 PM - Contact 2: I'm kind of disturbed as to why you know this even exists, Rob
6:51 PM - Contact 1: Because it came out in limited editions in Japan but well released in Taiwan, which means you need to know Chinese.
6:51 PM - Contact 1: The reason I know is I had a friend in the Navy who collected eroge.
6:51 PM - Contact 1: Well, collected is an understatement - he lived for the shit.
6:52 PM - Cody MacArthur Fett: I'm a huge Eva fan and I've never heard of either of the two games he's talking about. Not even a wisper.
6:52 PM - Contact 1: Nice guy otherwise, but no, I don't care if it's a limited edition dojin where two of your favorite characters get it on.

So, is there any truth to this? Do these games actually exist? Are there any more little known Eva games? Possibly those that saw wide releases outside of Japan instead of it, as was apparently the case with the Rei Project?
Sic Semper Tyrannus
Carry on.

Grand Duke of Yashima
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Grand Duke of Yashima » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:26 pm

6:30 PM - Contact 1: Well, there's also the visual novel where Misato comes home for a weekend and finds Shinji and Asuka having sex, and so she joins them and the whole VN is about just the weekend of the three having sex. That's also an official product.

That's an official product? News to me. :asuka_stare:

This honestly sounds like he's just blowing smoke up his ass. If there were such a game as "Rei Project" screencaps would have made it to the internet by now. Perhaps it was a Chinese knock off game but the purported storyline seems too original for that.
EVA Fan Fiction: The Blue Rose Saga

https://www.facebook.com/EvangelionTheBlueRose

"The power of the Evangelion is the power of love"

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Dream » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:02 pm

Unfortunately, it seems like it's just made up. Something like that would have been heard of once someone saw it. I don't really think it could even be a Chinese knock-off.

The premise sounds kinda interesting though.
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

•      
  •      

Postby KnightmareX13 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:18 pm

View Original PostDream wrote:Unfortunately, it seems like it's just made up. Something like that would have been heard of once someone saw it. I don't really think it could even be a Chinese knock-off.

The premise sounds kinda interesting though.

We have the technology, we can make it...better :mwahaha:
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:40 pm

Sounds like a doujin game to me.
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

arkiel
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby arkiel » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:03 pm

If Japanese copyright law in any way tracks US law, any derivative work of a copyrighted work may be declared property of the copyright owner.

Think about that shit for a moment.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:15 am

Copyright as standardised by the Berne Convention includes the right to control derivative works, but the copyright of the derivative work remains with the creator thereof. So if you create a derivative work -- doujin, fanfic, whatever -- the original holder can prevent you publishing it and you can stop him publishing it too.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:09 pm

I read that as the Bene Gesserit convention and got really confused for a second.

arkiel
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby arkiel » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:11 pm

In the US, s 103 of the Copyright Act allows for out-and-out forfeiture of all copyrightable derivative elements. Copyright so-forfeited falls into the public domain, where the original copyright holder could use it to reproduce the original derivative work.

Yeah, we also supposedly adhere to the Berne Convention, but we take a very dim view of so-called 'moral rights' and 'sweat of the brow' nonsense.

I don't know the state of the law in Japan though, just that doujin are recognized as technically infringing on copyright.

Elect G-Max
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Elect G-Max » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:37 pm

When I first read "Rei simulator" I was thinking of some kind of virtual reality/holodeck thing...
"Whatever the story or the development of the characters, I made them without a plan... We only started working on the next script once the previous one was done." - Anno, 1996

"Sometimes, putting your toothbrush in its holder upside down can express your feelings towards life in general, your secret desire to commit suicide, the feelings for your long-lost mother that you never got to know, and your favorite color. But sometimes that toothbrush is simply a toothbrush." - Nuclear Lunchbox

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”