Moderation Discussion (No complaints against members)

Important site and forum news, announcements, and feedback goes here.

Moderator: Board Staff

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:30 pm

View Original PostOrnette wrote:Complaints about other users should either be addressed directly to the other user or to someone on staff via a PM. This thread is not used to lodge complaints against other users.

UGH, you know that Ornette guy? He's such a stick, I think the mods should ban him. :3
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:40 pm

View Original PostTheFriskyIan wrote: He's such a stick, I think the mods should ban him. :3

Your little joke actually drives home his point very well.

EDIT: Thread retitled.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Dream » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:31 pm

It seems that my most recent post in the "Only in Japan" thread has been deleted, and if it i didn't casually check a few earlier post in that page i would have never known because i was never given a PM or anything that would have let me known my post was deleted.

While i don't mind it much outside some anger and indignation, i'm not really that comfortable with the idea that i could work 2+ hours on a post in the off-topic or discussion section and then for it to be deleted without being told. So yeah, i think it would be at least good ettiquete on the part of staff if they at least let a member know when they deleted a post if it's possible. Including a reason why they deleted it is preferrable, but it probably opens a huge can of worms.

EDIT: And why is the Departures threads locked, if you don't mind me asking?
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:41 pm

View Original PostDream wrote:It seems that my most recent post in the "Only in Japan" thread has been deleted, and if it i didn't casually check a few earlier post in that page i would have never known because i was never given a PM or anything that would have let me known my post was deleted.

While i don't mind it much outside some anger and indignation, i'm not really that comfortable with the idea that i could work 2+ hours on a post in the off-topic or discussion section and then for it to be deleted without being told. So yeah, i think it would be at least good ettiquete on the part of staff if they at least let a member know when they deleted a post if it's possible. Including a reason why they deleted it is preferrable, but it probably opens a huge can of worms.

Not sure what post you are referring to, but looking through the logs for topic id=1764 (the "Only in Japan" thread), the only action I see is:

[code:1]
2013-06-13 06:39:27 KnightmareX13 - posting in reply, post id=641869
[/code:1]

Followed by:

[code:1]
2013-06-14 20:33:27 Dream - posting in reply, post id=642397
2013-06-14 20:33:38 Dream - deleting his own post, post id=642397, post content="This thread sucks."
[/code:1]

Was there another post you spent 2 hours making that disappeared?

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Dream » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:51 pm

Huh, that's really odd. The post i was referring to was one posted right after this one. And no, as far as i know there's not another post of mine that has dissapeared.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:58 pm

View Original PostDream wrote:Huh, that's really odd. The post i was referring to was one posted right after this one. And no, as far as i know there's not another post of mine that has dissapeared.

Err ok, so that post made in May, the only post in that thread from all the month of May that got deleted was on the 6th of May, and it wasn't even your post. It was a Justacrazyguy that got deleted. Any more info you can provide?

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Dream » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:04 pm

I could swear i made a post in there, but in any case there's not any other info i could provide. Things happen after all.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:02 am

View Original PostDream wrote:I could swear i made a post in there, but in any case there's not any other info i could provide. Things happen after all.

Sorry, it wasn't just Justacrazyguy's post, one of your posts got deleted also, it's content was: "Or maybe pwhodges was just joking...". It took you 2 hours to compose that 1 line post? It got deleted because it was off-topic right after a warning was made, standard procedure. If a warning is made to get back on topic, pretty much anything after the warning that continues gets deleted, but I'd be surprised that it took you 2+ hours to compose that 1 line post.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:35 am

Out of interest, why is the Departure thread locked?
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:00 pm

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:Out of interest, why is the Departure thread locked?

No idea, didn't know that it was locked.

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Final Messenger » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:19 pm

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:Out of interest, why is the Departure thread locked?

Before AS was banned he posted in the departures thread announcing he was leaving and that he got a warning he would be banned and started a large argument the thread was locked and the posts were deleted.
Last edited by Final Messenger on Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:20 pm

View Original PostFinal Messenger wrote:Before AS was banned he posted in the departures thread and started a large argument the thread was locked and the posts were deleted.

Ah, I see. Guess I must have been sleeping through the party.

And I'm nothing like you

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:15 pm

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:Ah, I see. Guess I must have been sleeping through the party.

Same here. Personally, I would like it if there were a locked archive where all of the useless spam and crap and flaming could be seen, as a warning not to let it happen again. Also, I've never been able to find anything on the AWL scandal and I'd love to see the records from that.

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:22 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:Same here. Personally, I would like it if there were a locked archive where all of the useless spam and crap and flaming could be seen, as a warning not to let it happen again. Also, I've never been able to find anything on the AWL scandal and I'd love to see the records from that.

The remnants of that thread still exist, but all of the posts relevant to its decline have been deleted.
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby A.T. Fish » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:02 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:Same here. Personally, I would like it if there were a locked archive where all of the useless spam and crap and flaming could be seen, as a warning not to let it happen again. Also, I've never been able to find anything on the AWL scandal and I'd love to see the records from that.

People love a scandal. I'm ashamed to admit I once tried to find it but considering she was using her actual name here it's probably better that it was deleted.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:33 am

Why was the part of the Official Welcome Thread involving that guy using the username James Sunderland moved to the Graveyard to a thread with the heading "Banned"? Was it because of the brief OT tangent or because JS was actually a troll and was subsequently banned (although I didn't see a "banned" marker on him when I last checked)?

And I'm nothing like you

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:39 am

The circumstances of the "James Sunderland" account were such that it was a clear ban-evasion attempt by AlexanderSoryuu; so

:rulez: wrote: Extra accounts will be deleted, and their creators will face a warning or a ban.

Temporarily banned members attempting to subvert their bans by creating multiple accounts will be permanently banned from the forum.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Katana
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Katana » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:42 am

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:The circumstances of the "James Sunderland" account were such that it was a clear ban-evasion attempt by AlexanderSoryuu; so

May I ask something? Didn't he get perma-banned already with his main account?

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:50 am

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:The circumstances of the "James Sunderland" account were such that it was a clear ban-evasion attempt by AlexanderSoryuu; so

Ahh I see. Shouldn't he have a banned marker then? It still says "Embryo" on his infobox.

And I'm nothing like you

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:50 am

Yes to both.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Return to “EvaGeeks News and Feedback”