[RP] THIS IS (NOT) CANON

General Role-Playing and collective works.

Moderator: Board Staff

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:47 pm

Went Offering and Discuss this time.
"If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid." - Me
"Has anyone ever told you how pretty your eyes are?" - Akio's most famous line.
Akio in Lance of LoL's Rebuild RP
Steam/PSN: MAGI_01 Origin: MAGI_02
Interested in a FMA based RP? Then check this out!

BPES
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby BPES » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:55 pm

Valda: A Maiden's 'Fragile' Heart

Chapter 1. pt 2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now at home, you find yourself lazing about in a simple red polo shirt and white shorts. The TV is on but you aren’t paying any attention to what is on it, right now all you can think about is the delicious smell that is emanating from the kitchen. You really wish that whatever is being made would hurry up and be made already, this is getting to be somewhat torturous.

“Dammit, I could’ve sworn… Ayaka!” You here from the kitchen and you groan. He’s clearly angry about something and that can mean only one thing, you need to go out for groceries. This only happens every other week or so, but you know that it is a boring trip.

“Don’t tell me you forgot something again?” You ask sounding annoyed. Your guardian glares at you with his steel grey eyes, though you are unaffected by this point.

“No I didn’t, we definitely had some… what did you make for lunch today?” He interrogates and you lift your head. Come to think of it you did use up some things this morning didn’t you? You laugh nervously as his glare intensifies.

“Ehehehe, whoops.” You say meekly and he growls. Of all things why does he get so damn uptight when it comes to cooking and cleaning? You begin to head for the door end a neatly folded square of paper nails you on the head. You unfold it and discover a list.

“Get those, there’s money in the drawer next to the door, between the 20th and 21st pages of tat book. Get what we need and come back, got it?” he says sternly and you nod annoyed.

“Yeah yeah I got it already, geez.” You complain back putting on your shoes.

“And pick your damn clothes up when you get back, your room is a mess.” Is a follow up order. You groan and nod, knowing that even with a wall in the way he can probably see you do so. Your guardian is freaky like that.

With a final announcement of your departure, you head out for the grocery stores with your hands in your pockets, occasionally moving the money in your pocket around out of boredom. You’re greeted by familiar faces every now and then which you return with a smile but still you find it all boring.

The grocery store itself is simple enough and has a few people walking the aisles and getting what they needed to get. You follow suite soon enough and begin gathering items from the list as you come across them. That is when you realise that several of the things you need to get either are out of stock or just plain aren’t here. You groan as you realise you’ll need to detour to another store in order to get these things.

You know you can’t return empty handed or you’ll jest be sent out again and that’ll take even longer, so you suck it up and pay for what you could get here before heading out. The walk is fairly plain and it’s hardly tiring on you, but the bags certainly are irritating and you readjust your grip every minute or so. It’s then that you spot an oddly familiar figure up ahead and pause.

“Oh hey! Didn’t expect to see you out here.” The person says walking towards you and you tilt your head in surprise.

“Valda? Why are you out here?” You ask in surprise, the still masked girl now standing in front of you. She has a hand on her hip, but looks rather relaxed.

“I’m just heading to the Arcade to play for a bit… hmm, you know you look kind of bored. Want to come? My treat.” Valda says with a tone that screams ‘I’m being nice to you, aren’t I great?’

But she is right, you are very bored and the opportunity to go the arcade and not lose a small fortune of your own money having fun doesn’t come up very often. You also suspect that perhaps Valda has a reason for acting so nice, though you don’t care to guess what. Outlandish as they are, you’ve also had a few ideas about your project that you could bring up now since you’ve got a good chance.

The weight in your hands also reminds you of the fact you’re supposed to be running an errand…

1.) Invite Valda to help with the Shopping.
2.) Accept offer to go Play
3.) Talk about the project.

Invite  SPOILER: Show

You sigh a little as you realise that you should finish your errand. You give an apologetic look to Valda, wishing you could take her up on her offer.

“Sorry, I’m actually sort of running an errand right now.” You say holding up your bags and Valda seems to deflate a little. You feel a little bad and wonder what could cause her to want to spend time with someone she barely knows.

“Oh well, that’s fine. I’ll just head by myself then, it’ll still be plenty of fun.” She rattles on and you wonder who she’s trying to convince with that line.

“Well you know, you could always come with me and help me shop for groceries?” You suggest somewhat hopefully. Though Valda seems to get rather irritated given her response.

“Are you kidding? I came out to have some fun, not run some silly little errands, especially not ones that aren’t even mine.” She says angrily, more so than you would’ve thought. You back up a little and Valda seems to take notice.

“Oh right, yeah of course. I’m sorry. That was… silly of me.” You say trying not to sound intimidated though you can tell you’re failing miserably.

“Yeah… it was… I’m going to head on now, I’ll see you around I guess.” Valda says though she sounds less angry and more awkward at the minute. You get the feeling you weren’t the true target of her aggression and accept her words.

“All right then, I’ll see you.” You say and begin to walk off. Valda doesn’t appear to move straight away but then you hear heavy footfalls going in a different direction. You sigh thinking that could’ve gone better.

It takes some time but you manage to get the items you were supposed to and only got lightly scolded for the time it took for you to go back home. Dinner was delicious as you expected and you spend the rest of the night relaxing and cleaning up your room as instructed.

You can’t help but wonder what was wrong with your project partner before though, and wonder if there was maybe something more you could’ve done to help.

(Score: -1)

Play  SPOILER: Show

You nod eagerly at the offer, it’s much too good to pass up and it was just the distraction you needed from this boring errand. Sure you’d probably get yelled at but that was hardly new so you decide to give into your desires a little.

“I’d love to go, thank you.” You say full of eagerness and energy. Valda makes a pleased noise before leading you off with a wave and a bragging tone.

“Of course, who wouldn’t want to accept my generous offer.” She claims happily. Your not sure what you said or did exactly, but she seems more pleased by your response than you would’ve guessed.

It doesn’t take too long for the two of you to arrive at a noisy, brightly lit building that seems to reek of sugar and tears. It’s every bit as sickeningly bright and money sucking as your last time here and you’re looking forward to it immensely.

“Are you sure it’s ok for you to pay for both of us? I mean this place is pretty pricey.” You say suddenly feeling a small level of guilt crop up amidst your mental planning of what games you’re going to play and where.

“It’s fine, I’m actually pretty loaded so this is nothing.” Valda brags again brandishing her purse flagrantly. Anyone else and you’d think that was a stupid move, but you’ve seen this girl in PE sessions and heard the rumours. Anyone who tried to steal from her would regret it pretty quickly.

“Well in that case I’m not going to hold back.” You say happily and find a spot to set down your groceries. With that in mind you walk straight towards a shooting game with Valda trailing behind you.

“Really? A shooting game? Girl do you have any idea who you’re up against?” Valda asks confidently. You use your most blank, innocent expression and place a finger to your chin.

“Hmm, I think, someone who is about to regret paying for me.” You shoot back and pick up the light gun. Valda shakes her head and grabs the other clearly looking relaxed and at home with the item. You grin; this was going to be fun.

One crushing defeat later, Valda is audibly cursing your existence whilst you casually claim it was nothing. She then shuts you up by horribly upstaging you on a dancing game and you are honestly shocked at how into it she got. It doesn’t take long for you to get hungry and so the two of you hit up a fast food place to grab some food.

“Man that was so much fun thanks again for inviting me.” You comment before biting down on the French fries in your hand. You enjoy having western food like this every once in a while, though it’s probably common for Valda.

“It was nothing, I’m still in disbelief that you can shoot like that, even in a game. Are you sure you’ve never held a real gun before?” Valda asks with genuine interest.

“Oh no, I was taught Archery by my Guardian when I was younger, the game is kind of similar, but much easier. It’s just light after all.” You respond humbly. Valda takes the information with a little amazement. Her mask is sitting on the table so you have full view of her range of expression, and your glad to note she hasn’t looked even remotely unhappy since you sat down to eat.

“I don’t know about that. But still it’s impressive; I can’t believe you outgunned me. Don’t go telling anyone all right or I’ll tell everyone just how bad you are at racing games.” She threatens playfully.

“I may crash a lot, but you drive way too slow. It’s amazing you even beat me.” You shake your head and Valda shrugs. You like the mood you’ve got but you’re sure there was more to this invitation and now is probably the best time to ask. “So, what brought this on?”

“Huh? What do you mean?” She asks looking like a deer caught in headlights. Your certain now there was something more to this invitation.

“Come on, we may be partnered up now, but we’ve barely held a decent conversation before today. So what happened?” You ask and from the looks of her you think she’s about to throw a fit and walk out. But then she sighs and looks away.

“I got into a fight with the Major, stupid stuff you know. Urgh I get that’s she’s supposed to be my ‘superior officer [‘ or some such crap but. She has no right to try and act like my mother too.” Valda growls and you sigh. That wasn’t something you could really relate to.

“Sorry, I can’t really help you with that one.” You say sincerely and Valda blinks before blushing lightly.

“It’s fine, it’s not like I was really expecting anything from you anyway. Besides I’m plenty over it now regardless, so don’t concern yourself.” She says with an ever increasing frown and reddening face. You try to supress your laughter as your reminded of your guardian when he gets flustered.

Blood suddenly drains from your face as you remember why you were even out in the first place. You had been having so much fun you had forgotten about your errand, not to mention you’d left the groceries you had managed to get somewhere and forgotten to pick them up again.

“I’m… so… dead…” You say quietly and Valda blinks looking very concerned.She looks around trying to figure out what you’re talking about. You scramble to your feet and bow apologetically to Valda. “I’m sorry, I’ve got to go. I totally forgot about my errand and I’ll be in SOO much trouble.”

“huh? Oh… OH! Right, sorry about that.” Valda says suddenly and you stop in shock. Did you just hear Valda Krieg apologize? And to you of all people? No couldn’t be, you must be imagining things.

“This was fun, we should do it again maybe. Anyways I have to run, bye!” You say and take off as fast as possible. You can’t afford to get the groceries again so you’ll have to recover the ones you lost first.

As you run you can’t help but think that it was worth it, if only because you had so much fun.

(Score: 3)

Talk  SPOILER: Show

You realise that you still have an errand to run, but you don’t want to just part ways right away, so you decide to strike up a conversation and go over the crazy ideas you’ve had.

“Sorry, I’ve got an errand to run. But I do have some time if you wouldn’t mind chatting for a bit?” you ask politely lifting the bags to emphasize the errand point. Valda pauses briefly before nodding.

“Sure I guess I can spare a minute or two to talk. What did you have in mind exactly?” She asks curiously. You’re a little surprised that she’s willing to listen instead of just moving on, but accept it all the same.

“Actually it’s about the project; I think I might have had some ideas, though they are a bit out there.” You admit sheepishly.

“Huh? The project? Man you’re diligent, we only got assigned it today and your brainstorming already?” Valda says with a hint of respect in her tone. You smile brightly at that.

“It’s one of my best traits I think. But yeah these ideas are still a bit… weird I guess.” You say begging to feel doubtful about this course of action.

“Don’t keep me in suspense; tell me these ideas of yours then.” Valda says sounding amused. You wonder if he’s looking for ammunition to verbally barrage you later.

“Uh, well, you know. I was thinking… ‘Something that benefits mankind huh? Well how about a teleporter!’ or something ehehehe.” You finish with a weak laugh and Valda pauses. You realise just how utterly stupid it sounded as soon as you said it and are just waiting for the outcome.

“Do you even have any idea about how we would even present a theory on something like that?” Valda asked in a level tone. You shake your head nervously.

“Well… no… I just thought it’d be… cool.” You say feeling utterly stupid right now. She must think you’re the biggest moron on the planet right now.

“Well yeah, of course it would be cool. Can you imagine what we could do with a teleporter?” Valda says enthusiastically and you blink rapidly as your brain catches up to the conversation.

“Uh? Avoid needing to walk out of your way for groceries?” You say blankly. Valda shakes her head violently.

“Too small too small! Think bigger! We could, like, Make amazing entrances wherever we go, jus tbe like! ‘HAHAHA Behold here I am!’ As you show up right where you want to be!” She prattles excitably and you begin getting excited too.

“Or or, if you want to like, take a break from things, you could just teleport to um.. “ You try to think of a fun place to go.

“Berlin!” Valda cuts in happily and you nod.

“Yeah you could just go to Berlin and back whenever you wanted. It’d be cool!” you continue happily.

“And then you could have like, explosives go off in the background or something!” Valda continues eagerly.

“I’m not sure that’d be very safe though.” You comment and Valda just shrugs.

“Cool though.” She comments and you nod in agreement. It’d be like the entrance of a super hero or something.

“Yeah… I don’t think Carter-Hakase would accept that though. What a pity.” You mutter to yourself and Valda pats you on the shoulder.

“Oh don’t worry about it; we’ll come up with something. We can’t fail with me on our side.” Valda boasts and you giggle.

“Hey, not to sound rude but was there something wrong earlier? I’m not sure why you’d want to invite me out otherwise.” You question truthfully, even though it feels a bit self-depreciating. Valda makes a humming noise before she sighs.

“Well yeah, but it was nothing really. Don’t worry about it. Besides don’t talk like that, you’re surprisingly fun to be around.” Valda comments and you feel your mood pick up considerably. Few people had ever described you as fun, let alone to your face.

“R-really? Oh, thanks.” You say brightly.

“Yeah, so next time you’d better not turn down my kindness. Got that?” She half-threatens and you nod enthusiastically.

“Yeah all right. Well I should probably get going, so you go have fun okay?” You say slowly beginning to walk off. Valda laughs loudly.

“Of course, who do you think I am?” She brags again and heads off towards the arcade. You smile as you continue heading for the store.

When you get home, you’re scolded for taking so long but your only defence was that you were talking to a friend. You’re not sure if you can say that statement is actually true or not, but you kind of hope it is.

(Score: 1)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you scored 6-10  SPOILER: Show

The next day you walk to school as normal, humming to yourself happily as you recall yesterday’s events. You can recall more good things then you can bad and it certainly helps brighten your mood. You are looking forward to seeing what today holds for you and getting back to work on that project of yours.

Speaking of which you find yourself greeted by an unusual sight as you see Valda in a tracksuit jogging along the path you take to school. You had no idea she did such a thing and you wonder if this is why she’s always a bit late. You also take note that her mask is still present and shake your head in mild amusement.

“Good morning Valda, enjoying your jog?” You ask politely as she gets closer to you.

“Morning Ayaka, rare to see you in the morning. Is this your route to school?” She asks pleasantly and you hesitate, unsure of why exactly.

“Huh? Oh yeah it is. To and from every day ehehe.” You say still trying to place that odd feeling.

“Well what do you know? I was thinking of making this part of my morning route… Guess I’ll see you in class, I need to get moving if I’m gonna be in time for my usual entrance.” She says brightly.

“Oh right, of course. Sorry to keep you then.” You say waving her off, she returns the wave.

“See you later, Ayaka!” She finally calls before she focuses on her jogging again. You hesitate again unsure of what is causing you such confusion.

When you get to the school gates you realise with a start that she called you by your first name. Only a handful of people call you as such and they are all boys and adults, you are unused to being addressed like that by another girl your age.

Smiling brightly you hope that this means you’re well on your way to making another friend.

If you scored 0-5  SPOILER: Show

The next day you walk to school as normal, rubbing the sleep out of your eyes and wondering how today will go. Yesterday was pretty eventful, but you’re not sure if you would class it as good or bad, you just hope that today will be an all right day. You also hope to make some headway with your project.

Right on cue, you spot a certain masked girl jogging towards you in a tracksuit. You idly note that it’s of an expensive brand and that you’ve got one at home but in a different colour. While you certainly can appreciate the fact that she jogs, you wonder why she would do so in the morning since she’s almost always close to missing homeroom.

“Good morning Valda.” You greet politely as she gets closer to you.

“Morning Nagori .” Valda says simply and you nod. You check your watch and frown lightly.

“If you’re jogging, you’d best get a move on, or you’ll be late.” You comment with some concern.

“I know I know, but thanks anyway. See you later.” She says and takes off again. You wave goodbye and then continue on your way.

It seems like Valda is treating you as she would any other classmate really, which is a relief. You wouldn’t be sure what to do with yourself if she hated you. You arrive at the gates and greet Kuro and Zaito before getting ready to start another day.

If you scored -1 or lower  SPOILER: Show

The next day you walk to school as normal, feeling rather down and frustrated and idly kicking whatever objects were conveniently near your foot. Yesterday seemed pretty terrible and you are hoping things like that won’t repeat. Worse still you still have that project with Valda to work on.

‘Speak of the devil and she will appear’ you think as you spot Valda jogging towards you. The girl is wearing a tracksuit and her usual mask and you wonder just what she’s thinking taking a jog in the morning like this. You’d like to take a morning jog but you know there’s little time for it.

“Oh, hey Valda.” You mutter dejectedly as she approaches.

“Hmph, what do you want busybody? Can’t you see I’m doing something here?” Valda snaps at you and you groan, so much for a better tomorrow or whatever.

“I was just saying hello, honestly. Oh whatever, goodbye then.” You say and begin to storm off. Valda ignores you and continues on her previous route.

You growl as you walk towards the school gate, feeling rather irritated by your shoddy relationship with that girl. You have no idea how the heck you’re supposed to get through your project like this but you’ll persevere. Any grade is better than no grade, so you’ll put up with her, for now.

Though you never know, given time your relationship may become less hostile and friendlier. Well you can dream anyway.

In my experiance, there's only one thing harder than learning something new... and that is teaching it.

BEEP BEEP MUTHERF******

Live: charleserg7 Steam: aciescaelestis PSN: ChocoBP7

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:31 pm

Is that the end of CH 1?

Went with Catch up and Play. Still just going with what feels right to me.

BPES
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby BPES » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:43 pm

yeah, that's the end of chapter 1.

Now remember your score, it'll carry over to chapter 2
In my experiance, there's only one thing harder than learning something new... and that is teaching it.

BEEP BEEP MUTHERF******

Aggroxcraig
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Aggroxcraig » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:36 am

This a AU continuation to Blackberry's AU she wrote. I hope you enjoy part 1!!

Epilogue Part 1: Meeting

“Mom, are we there yet?” Isaac asked while sitting in the back seat with his sister Katla. Impatiently waiting for a response from his mother, Isaac observed the dimly lit car as they moved along a track to an unknown destination. Katla on the other hand was the polar opposite of Isaac at the moment. She kept her eyes closed by holding on to her plushie EVA that was custom made by their mother. Clearing his throat, Isaac leaned forward and looked at his mother to make his presence known incase she didn’t hear him originally.

The mother giggled while glancing at her son’s inpatient look. Her hair was of the same pristine white that her daughter Katla had, but was much longer as it rounded near her waist when she stood up. She messed up Isaac’s bed head and gave him one of her bright smiles. “Just wait...”

“gahhh...I hate waiting...” Isaac muttered as he sat back in his seat.

After what was only thirty seconds, Isaac started to fidget once again. Katla opened her eyes and let out a sigh from Isaac’s constant eagerness. “Brother, why are you being so impatient?” The girl softly spoke to Isaac as he gave her a mischievous grin.

“I’m just excited to see the robots! It’s gonna be so cool! Besides, maybe I’ll get inside one of them and pilot it around!” Isaac said while Katla shook her head to the boy.

Owen grinned at his son’s remark. “Maybe when you’re older.” Owen said with even tone as their mother shot Owen a glance that said, ‘Don’t encourage him, Owen!’.

“Do you think!? You hear that Kat!? I’m gonna beat all of the Angels and save the world! What do you think?!” Isaac shouted to Katla as she clamped her ears from her brother’s exclamation.

“I think we’d be in big trouble.” Katla said innocently while removing her hands from her ears as their parents let out a gentle laugh from her remark.

“What do you mean!?” Isaac pulled out a toy lightsaber from his backpack and made a sound effects as he waved it towards Katla. “They won’t stand a chance against me!” Isaac continued to say as he giggled while hitting Katla on the head playfully.

“Dad! Isaac is hitting me!” Katla shrieked as she covered her head from Isaac’s attacks.

“Isaac. Don’t beat up your sister.” Owen stated to he son as a light started to make it’s presence known from the long tunnel.

Isaac got one last hit in and put the sword in the backpack while glaring at his sister. “Tattletale...”

“Isaac. Kitty. Look outside the window.” Their mother said with a smile on her face.

Unbuckling his seatbelt, Isaac scooted over to Katla’s side and looked outside the window with his sister. Katla gave Isaac a disgruntled look when he took off his seat belt and before she could open her mouth to tell Isaac what to do the car was illuminated by a light as they saw the Geo Front. “Wow!!! What is that?!” Isaac exclaimed as her looked over at Katla who was filled with excitement as well.

“I think it’s called a...Geo Front? Right, Papa?” Katla said while observing the geo front still.

“That’s right Kitty.” Owen said while smiling at his children’s excitement.

As they traveled through the Geo Front, the roof was still going under construction as some of the building were not yet ready defensively. Isaac looked down at the green forest that seemed to take over the land and saw a pyramid that was still under construction. Looked over at Katla he pointed at the object as she marveled at it as well. “Dad! I can’t believe you work here! This is so cool!” Isaac shouted as both him and Katla giggled as they continued to look around the Geo Front.

“Mom....do we have to?” Isaac said as he and Katla stood in front door while their mother attempted to fix Isaac’s messy hair.

Owen stood by and simply smiled at his children as they were pouting before them. Katla was gently tugging on Owen’s pants trying to get his attention. When Owen looked down, Katla gave her father a sad look while hugging her plush EVA. “Papa, I thought we would be with you all day.”

Owen knelt down and gave Katla a hug and patted her head. “Don’t worry. Your mother and I need to go to an important meeting for a bit. After that we can go get something to eat.” Owen said as Katla fixed her hair and smiled at her father while still appearing to look sad.

“Then we’ll see the robots!?” Isaac exclaimed while his mother finished fixing his hair.

“Yes, we’ll show you the Evangelions after lunch.” Owen said as the door opened showing a very young Kiyoshi wearing a pair of dark jeans, a white shirt and a jean jacket. “Ah, Miss Miki. How are you doing today?”

“Fine sir. It’s a little chaotic, but what do you expect when you are watching over seven..now nine children.” Kiyoshi said as she looked down at Isaac and Katla with exhaustion.

“Hi! I’m Isaac an this is my sister Kitty-Kat!” Isaac said as Katla almost glared at her brother for using her nick name.

“Oh I know who you two are. Your Mom and Dad talk about you all the time...especially you Isaac...” Kiyoshi said as she remembered their mother telling her a story one time where Isaac set the kitchen on fire because he wanted to make some macaroni and cheese.

As Kiyoshi opened the door, Isaac and Katla turned to their parents and gave them each a hug before leaving to the nursery. “Isaac watch after your sister ok?” Owen said to his son knowing that Katla wasn’t really the best with other children.

“I will.” Isaac confirmed with a smile.

As the two children entered the room, they saw a small jungle gym set, and various toys. In the far right corner of the room was a small camera that watched all of the activities in the room. Katla stood close by to Isaac, clenched both his hand and her EVA plushie as the door shut behind them. Kiyoshi let out a deep sigh and put her fingers to her mouth and made a loud whistle sound. “Alright everyone gather together!” She yelled as seven other children popped out of various playing locations and made there way to the entrance of the room. “Ok, this is Isaac and Katla Kenny.”

“Hello!” Isaac said with Katla slowly hid behind her brother.

“He-ello...” Katla said while ducking her head.

“Hi! I’m Raglan, but you can call me J!” The boy said with shaggy auburn hair and a bandaid on his right cheek.

“I’m Shirou. Pleased to meet you.” Shirou said wearing fingerless gloves while holding a grey Gameboy that was still producing a soft sound.

The next child in the line up was a black haired girl who just simply looked up at the two new children while her head was still buried in a physics book and nodded at the two new comers.

“I’m Valda Krieg your new leader! Do as I say and nothing wrong will happen, got it!” a small girl with long brown hair said with a feisty attitude while wearing a home made visor.

“H-hi. I am Akio.” The tallest boy of the group shyly said.

“It’s nice to meet you. I’m Shiroi Takatsuk.” said Shiori on the end with reddish brown hair while holding a bag in front of her.

“I’m Jié Qi. It’s a pleasure to finally meet you.” The albino boy said while bowing properly to Isaac and Katla.

“Well now that you all know each other, go play and ha-...sorry one second.” Kiyoshi said while pulling out her cell phone. “Hello...Oh! Hi Vander! What’s...wait WHAT!!?!?! WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU....NO!! I TOLD YOU I WORKED TODAY...LIKE THREE WEEKS AGO!!!...AHAHA! NO! NO! NO!!!! YOU SON OF A-” Kiyoshi stopped her self as she looked at the other nine children before realizing what she was about to say. “Hold on kids, I need to take this call. I’ll be right back...” Kiyoshi said as she walked outside of the room and slammed the door behind her. Immediately the yelling continued, but was silenced to where only a muffled sound was produced.

All of the children stared at each other for a while. The seven children were already accustomed to one another it seemed as they eyed both Isaac and Katla to see if there was anything strange about them. “Alright! Listen up people! Since Miss Miki is out of the room, I’ll be in charge of you all until she gets back!” Shouted Valda as she adjusted her visor correctly as the lights in the room seemed to make it shine victoriously.

“Wait, who said you would be in charge?!” Raglan said while pointing at Valda.

“I did! A true leader has to take the initiative in situations like this. That’s what my Father always said.”

Raglan and Valda continued to bicker and fight on who would be the leader of the children while Kiyoshi was gone. Akio had tried to stop the two from fighting, but Valda ended up arguing with Akio as Raglan tried to defend the boy. The other children slowly started to sweat from the scene except Tokei. Tokei just calmly looked at the three children and simply said, “Idiots...” as she went over to a area already claimed by her. In the far corner of the room was her book bag with a small stack of books underneath the bag. Tokei sat down and started to open another book and started to write in a note book that soon had a shadow cast over her writing. Looking up, Tokei saw a very happy Shirou who gave the girl a wave.

“Hey! What are are you doing? Ever since I got here you just sat down and looked in those books. Are they Dungeons and Dragons books!? My brothers play that game all time and I borrowed their books while I was gone for this trip. Do you think the others would want to play a game!?! I mean, I haven’t played really much of it and I only brought my pair of dice so that might be a problem. I’m sure we could all share though.” Shirou let out a bunch of words that seemed to flow like a long sentence to Tokei as he showed the D&D books to her. Tokei looked up at Shirou and didn’t change her expression and just looked back down at her notes. Sitting down Shirou started to pull out a bunch of character sheets and brought out a mechanical pencil as he started to write on a character sheet. “Don’t worry, I can help you make your character if you don’t know how to do it. I have done it a bunch of times for practice! So what class do you want to play as? Fighter, Rogue, Ranger, Wizard, Paladin...” Shirou continued to talk as Tokei tried to zone him out until the word”...Artificer..” was uttered which caused the girl to stop writing. Tokei was familiar with the term and got excited with the idea of being an Artificer.

Tokei looked up at Shirou, pushed her books aside and grabbed one of the books presented to her while snatching a character sheet out of Shirou’s hand. “How do I make a Artificer?” Shirou’s smile widened even more from what Tokei said as he grabbed his dice and started to firehouse the girl with the details on creating a character.

Isaac and Katla stood next to each other as they stared as Valda starting to boss Akio around with Raglan telling Akio to stand up for himself. Isaac turned to see the other two children who remained to watch the scene. Shiori looked down and still held her bag close to her chest. She would look over at Isaac and Katla once in a while with a gentle smile. Qi turned to Katla and used his iconic smile that made her look back at him with a smile. Isaac looked at Qi and gave him a puzzled look and before he was able to say something, he felt a gentle tap on the shoulder. Turning his attention only slightly to his right, he saw Shiori who was just smiling at Isaac. “Wanna see something cool?” the girl said with her hands in her backpack.

“Sure!” He brightly responded. “Hey Katla do...” He looked back over to his sister and saw her gone talking to Qi. She was holding up her EVA plushie explaining what it was as Qi nodded after each sentence. Isaac turned back to Shiori who kept smiling as she sat down on the carpet floor. Feeling that nothing could happen to his sister, he sat down as well in front of Shiori. “So what do you wanna show me?”

“These.” She pulls out a deck of cards that looked fairly worn and new at the same time. “My dad made these for me. Have you ever heard of Tarot cards before?”

“Is that some sort of game, like go fish?” Isaac said while tilting his head to the right.

“No, hehe.” She started to shuffle the deck cards clumsily. Shiori eventually stopped shuffling and snatched a card from the top of the deck. “I don’t know really how it works, but my Dad said that it could predict the future. Ask me a question!” Shiori asked enthusiastically while holding one card near her chest.

“Ok...ummm...Oh! I know! Will I pilot a Evangelion?!?”

Shiori placed the card out in front her and it was a man standing near a cliff that looked like he was dancing. “The Fool. You must be stupid or something.” Shiori giggled as Isaac got a little upset from this.

“Pfft, this is stupid...” Isaac said from the outcome of the card.

“Ok, do me next!” Shiori said as she handed him the deck of cards.

“Fine...What’s your questions.” Isaac said rolling his eyes at the girl.

“Hmmm...What is our fate?” Shiori said at Isaac with a grin.

“What do you mean?” Isaac asked with a perplexed look.

“Like you and me. What’s going to happen to us after today?”

“What?! That’s stupid...” Isaac said while crossing his arms.

“Oh come on...don’t be such a wet blanket and do it.” Shiori pouted.

“Tch, fine..” Isaac said as he pulled a card and place it in front of them. “The Bridegroom...what does that mean?” Isaac said as he looked up to Shiori giving Isaac the most kawaii look of all time.

“You...you are going to be my husband!!” Shiori let out as the other children stopped what they are doing to look at the two. “We’re gonna get married and have three...no...four kids! We’ll have a cat and live in a nice house near a lake!” Shiori shouted as she got closer to Isaac and grabbed his arm.

“What?! No! Girls are gross and stupid! I would never marry you in a million years!!” Isaac yelled while trying to shake free from Shiori death grip.

“Oh husband! You don’t really mean that. Let’s go play house!!” Shiori said as she pulled Isaac towards a play kitchen in the room.

“Katla! Help!!!” Isaac shouted as he under estimated the strength Shiori had.

Katla looked at her brother being pulled away against his will with Qi smiling at the scene. “Brother...maybe I should help?”

“It appears that he should be fine. Shiori seems to be a minimal threat.” Said Qi.

“I guess so.” Katla said as she started to smile after seeing how funny Isaac looked being dragged away.

In a different room with a bunch of people sitting around a table, was a screen displaying how the each of the children were reacting with one another. Standing up, Owen Kenny looked at the others in the room and began speak. “Gentlemen, I present you the future hope of mankind. The pilots of the Evangelions.”

Part 1 end

BPES
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby BPES » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:15 pm

Impressive Aggro, I look forward to a part two :D

BEEP BEEP MUTHERF******

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:45 pm

Chapter One "A brave new world". Part One.

Akio pulled his binoculars up to his crimson colored eyes. He scanned over the red, barren landscape in the distance. Giant crosses shot up into the sky out of the hole in the ground where Tokyo 3 once stood. All that remains is the ruined Geofront and the ruins of Nerv headquarters within it, along with debris scattered for miles.

“Hey there.”

Akio pulled his binoculars down and turned around, Raglan standing a few yards away with a smile on his face.”

“How’s it going Raglan? It’s certainly been awhile.” Akio smiled, albeit slightly.

“Not bad.” Raglan thrust his hands into his pockets and walked over and stood next to Akio. “Tokei told me you would be out here getting some readings for her.” He paused for a moment to take in the scenery. “It’s hard to believe that even after almost six years that it still looks like this.”

“The whole area is still a quarantine zone. Here take a look.” Akio pulled out a small handheld device form his bag and powered it on. A number of graphs appeared on a screen before it started beeping incessantly.

“Even here the Anti A.T. Field is still pretty strong.” The device repeatedly flashed danger on its screen. “This is about as close as I am comfortable in getting to ground zero.”

“Yeah I don’t blame you. You can sort of feel it trying to eat away at you even at this distance. I can’t imagine how strong it is down there.”

“Yeah.” Akio sighed as he put away the device.

“So, do you know who exactly is going to come to the ceremony?”

“Well I have to go pick Valda up in about an hour when her flight gets in from Berlin.”

“I was going to ask you if you guys are still together.”

“I have to say that the whole long distance thing worried me. I figured I would end up losing her, but we are now closer than we ever have been.” Akio said with a smile. He pulled out another handheld device and switched it on.

“Isaac said he’s coming too.” Raglan said.

“That is great news! It’s been a while since I have seen him too… at least a year or better.”

“Yeah, at first I didn’t think he was going to come but he surprised me.” Raglan explained.

“Yeah, Isaac’s had a pretty rough time after everything that’s happened. It should do him good to see us all together again.” The device beeped, Akio shut it off and placed it into his bag. “I’m done here… let’s go.”

They started to walk back to their cars.

“Tokei and Shirou are coming too.” Akio explained.

“That’s good. How are things with them?”

“Shirou Asked Tokei to marry him a few months ago.” Akio chuckled.

“Really?! I had no clue!”

“That’s what happens when you disappear for two years!” Akio teased Raglan.

“Yeah I know… sorry about that but I had something’s I needed to take care of.”

“Don’t worry about it… I understand and I’m sure everyone else does too.” Akio said assuredly.

They Arrived at their cars.

“Hey is it alright if I come with you to pick up Valda?” Raglan asked.

“Sure, not sure how she will react but I don’t have a problem.” Akio said with a smile. “Oh I was going to show you something!” He reached into his pocket and pulled out a case. He opened it, revealing a ring featuring a rather large diamond. Raglan’s eyes lit up.

“So does this mean…?” Raglan asked.

“Yes, I’m going to ask Valda to marry me.” Akio said with a large smile. Raglan patted him on the shoulder.

“It’s about time! When are you going to pop the question?”

“Once everyone else has gathered, I got all of us some reservations at a really nice restaurant. I’ll pop the question sometime during dinner.” Akio said cheerfully. “Please keep this quiet! I don’t want anyone else to know.”

Raglan smiled. “My lips are sealed. By the way, who’s the best man?”

Akio chuckled. “I have not decided yet actually. I hope to have decided by the time I ask her.”

“I hope so too!” Raglan laughed. “I’m happy for you man.”

“Thanks!” Akio smiled.

“By the way… what are those readings for?”

“Oh! Tokei has a theory that we might be able to neutralize the Anti A.T. field.” Akio explained.

“That’s good to hear…. then we can finally destroy the remains of that wretched place once and for all.”

Akio nodded. “We need to get going; if I’m late Valda’s going to bite my head off.” Akio insisted.

Raglan laughed. “Yeah, I don’t want the first time me seeing you guys in years to end up with you in the hospital!”
Last edited by MAGI_01 on Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:17 am

Nice reads, all. Keep 'em coming.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

Atropos
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Atropos » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:00 pm

View Original PostAggroxcraig wrote: “Gentlemen, I present you the future hope of mankind. The pilots of the Evangelions.”

Dude, mankind is fucked.

Aggroxcraig
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Aggroxcraig » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:40 pm

View Original PostAtropos wrote:Dude, mankind is fucked.

hahaha!! i just imagined a general from the UN in the room going. "You fucking serious?!"

BlackberryMilk
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby BlackberryMilk » Wed May 01, 2013 5:29 pm

View Original PostAggroxcraig wrote:hahaha!! i just imagined a general from the UN in the room going. "You fucking serious?!"

This was perfectly adorable. I could picture every second of it in my head.

I kind of want to draw our OC's as young little bb's.
PSN: HTMLOL

Aggroxcraig
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Aggroxcraig » Wed May 01, 2013 6:06 pm

View Original PostBlackberryMilk wrote:This was perfectly adorable. I could picture every second of it in my head.

I kind of want to draw our OC's as young little bb's.

Yes. Please do this!!!!!

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Wed May 01, 2013 6:07 pm

^

I 2nd this!

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Agentomega » Wed May 01, 2013 9:00 pm

View Original PostAggroxcraig wrote:“I’m just excited to see the robots! It’s gonna be so cool! Besides, maybe I’ll get inside one of them and pilot it around!” Isaac said while Katla shook her head to the boy.

Owen grinned at his son’s remark. “Maybe when you’re older.” Owen said with even tone as their mother shot Owen a glance that said, ‘Don’t encourage him, Owen!’.

Please tell me I'm not the only one that made the mental leap to Owen's wife being super pissed at him for insinuating Isaac will pilot a machine that requires the mother's soul to work. Like seriously, I think the glare she's giving him is probably like "You gon' die now biotch"

View Original PostAggroxcraig wrote:“I’m Shirou. Pleased to meet you.” Shirou said wearing fingerless gloves while holding a grey Gameboy that was still producing a soft sound.

Shirou is Katsuragi Keima. I approve XD

SPOILER: Show
View Original PostAggroxcraig wrote:“Hey! What are are you doing? Ever since I got here you just sat down and looked in those books. Are they Dungeons and Dragons books!? My brothers play that game all time and I borrowed their books while I was gone for this trip. Do you think the others would want to play a game!?! I mean, I haven’t played really much of it and I only brought my pair of dice so that might be a problem. I’m sure we could all share though.” Shirou let out a bunch of words that seemed to flow like a long sentence to Tokei as he showed the D&D books to her. Tokei looked up at Shirou and didn’t change her expression and just looked back down at her notes. Sitting down Shirou started to pull out a bunch of character sheets and brought out a mechanical pencil as he started to write on a character sheet. “Don’t worry, I can help you make your character if you don’t know how to do it. I have done it a bunch of times for practice! So what class do you want to play as? Fighter, Rogue, Ranger, Wizard, Paladin...” Shirou continued to talk as Tokei tried to zone him out until the word”...Artificer..” was uttered which caused the girl to stop writing. Tokei was familiar with the term and got excited with the idea of being an Artificer.

This made me giggle. Shirou would do this. And Tokei *would* be an Artificer XD (She's probably also part Renegade Mastermaker, what with her robotic eye and all)

Also little Isaac x Shiori is adorable XD
Avatar: Rhoe Amariyo (© 2010-2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. FINAL FANTASY X|V)
Karigane Shirou in LoL's RP - Rebuild of Evangelion: We Are (Not) Together
"'I was a nerd before it was cool' ~Agent" ~Lance of LoL

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Tue May 07, 2013 1:39 am

Nerv-7, Part 1

13 September 2000CE_

The Earth turns Red as the millions perish.
Wings of Light rise from Antarctica.
An explosion, a flash, crosses, The Doors and The Chamber.
The Four roar as One.
Blood spurts out, orbiting as if a sickly ring – Spitting, twirling, dissipating;
Blemishing the stark surface of The Satellite.

A Giant of Life crashes, twined with its fail-safe, trailed by the Red…

---

04 October 2002CE_

"{gshk}Will you look at that." Victor marvelled, his breath creating blasts of mist, condensation, on his oxygen helmet's visor. "God in heaven, it was bad, but this is..."

"{gshk}Yeah - It certainly put's it in perspective." Rinoa replied, budding her head next to the Doctor's looking out one of the few port windows.

The red Earth spun slowly below them in orbit. A nightmarish spherical ruby contrasting out of the dark inky nothingness of space from which it floated. A colour spectrum, stamped permanent, radiated from the South Pole, the everlasting mark of the Second Impact - Small white flashes from even this distance gave tell of intense electrical storms under those otherworldly skies.

"{khsk}Hard to believe that a little over two years ago the planet was blue," A gruff voice interjected. "Hmph, two years. Feels more like an age, doesn't it Doctor? And yet here we are..."

Victor peeled his eyes away from the window looking over at the stern Captain Alleyne seated across the way, smirking openly at his blatant scepticism and reluctance.

"Is this project really that big of a deal to the young-up-and-coming of Gehirn, Vic? The resources could be much better..."

"{gshk}The resources, Captain, have been delegated as seen fit by the Committee and I assure you; the long term results could be unquestionably favourable. You've read the brief Regan put together."

Alleyne raised his eyebrow, unimpressed. "{khsk}So you say. So she says. And speaking of which, where is your doctor wife? If Code Sechs-Vier is so imperative, surely she'd be along too."

Victor turned back, resting into his seat, casting a smile at Rinoa who was sitting adjacent. The young science aide returned the gesture, the beauty of her intense deep blue eyes undiminished by the ridiculousness of the get-up they were all wearing.

"{gshk}Regan would be here if she could. Trust me. But as a result of the brief, the Committee have her now looking into another much related tangent within Project E. She's on-site in Japan... At the construction of HQ."

Alleyne let his gaze linger on the doctor unapprovingly. Then turning back to the small view window on his side of the shuttle.

"{gshk}And besides, if things don't go as mapped out, it just means you two can return to your families all the more faster." Victor added.

Alleyne kept a scoff to himself but could hear the young aide Sumner brimming in agreement. As much as a strong and fierce woman she appeared to be, she near hung onto Victor Wyngarde's every word, but he didn't hold it against her. The man could smile and charm his way in and out of hell as he pleased. After all, Alleyne himself had been swayed to take on this tentative tactical position with Gehirn hadn't he? Being away from his wife and own two young kids for such a projected lengthy amount of time, he had no idea no why he ultimately agreed, albeit begrudgingly.

He let himself alone back to his viewing, scouring the surface of the moon for detail as it came nearer and nearer. And it was then that he saw it.

"{khsk}V-Vic, you... You can you see this too, right?"

Victor undid the straps of his seat, floating up and over freely into position next to the Captain, placing a hand on his associate's shoulder.

"Is... Is that it?" Alleyne asked "But... What's the thing next to it, just outside the red?"

Dr Wyngarde took a long clear look. Then turned to Alleyne, smiling. "{gshk}That, my friend, is something that is going to make the Committee very, very pleased; confirmation, knowing where it now is."

He sagged under the other's smile, completely confused by the out-of-context remark, and he simply replied "What the fuck have I gotten myself into?"

---
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

BPES
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby BPES » Wed May 08, 2013 10:53 am

Nerv Branch 3, Berlin

Footsteps echoed in the hallway as a young serious faced man with short and neatly trimmed brown hair headed towards his destination. He was dressed in a uniform and had a firearm at his side, and it seemed that the few people he passed would go out of their way to stay as far from him in the narrow hallway as possible. That is, however, until he came across a man with longish sandy blonde hair and a light smirk on his face. The two stood and faced off for a moment before the brown haired man continued walking with the blonde falling into step beside him.

“Good morning to you too, Hector.” The blonde said in a playful tone. The man narrowed his eyes.

“Quiet Laplace, I have little interest in talking to you.” Hector shot back rudely.

“Come now Hector, we’ve known each other for what? 6 years now? You can call me Claude you know.” The man continued unperturbed, in fact he seemed a little happier.

“That’s Major Valencera to you.” Hector responded and Claude made a disapproving click with his tongue.

“Come now, 6 years since you replaced Griselda and you’re not only still just a Major but you are so unpopular. Don’t you feel even the slightest bit incompetent?” Claude continued with a sly glance.

“SHUT UP! It isn’t my job to be popular. And why do you always bring that woman up?” Hector raged making the smile on Claude grow.

“Why? Well it’s because it always gets to you of course.” Claude said with a little chuckle.

“Don’t you have something to be spying on?” Hector shot back regaining some composure.

“Actually, I’m here to make a report. Ah such a bother, why do I have to do it?” he complained.

“Because you’re the head of our intelligence division.” Was the simple response. Claude grinned widely at it though.

“Oh come now, we both know that this is more of a side job for me.”

“One of the many reasons I question why you’re given such a position.”

The two continued to bicker for a while until they came to a single door at the end of the corridor and stopped, Hector knocking solidly on it while Claude just smirked. The military man’s habit of knocking like that when there was a door buzzer was a small oddity that many came to dread.

“Come in.” A cheerful voice called from the room and the two men entered.

Inside was a well-lit and nicely furnished room with several bookshelves and a desk covered in papers, research notes and other important documents, though a gun could be partially seen underneath the various documents. Sitting off to the side on another small table was a laptop, phone and several picture frames. And standing in the middle of the room chatting away amicably on the phone whilst sifting through several papers was the commander of the facility, Lotze Krieg.

Lotze was a fairly tall man with a noticeably strong build and short, neat blonde hair. His Blue eyes flicked through the various pages as he organised some project through the phone. Hector stood at attention politely waiting for him to finish whereas Claude decided to go look over the pictures.

“No no, the next prototype is already underway. Well we haven’t gotten much data back yet. Yes yes, I’m aware of the limits we have to work with. No that’s fine, you needn’t worry about that. Estimates are that the next one will be at least 30% more powerful.” Lotze continued as he set down some files, including several detailing Evangelions, unit 02 and one half covered at the bottom which had the word SAM capitalised on it. “Right now? Well I’m sure my daughter could handle it, but beyond that. Yes yes, that’s why we’re trying to improve it. When we get more data I will let you know. Good bye.”

“Sorry to intrude sir, Valencera reporting.” Hector spoke once Lotze set down the phone.

“Ah yes, thank you Hector. And Claude, please don’t touch those.” Lotze said in a friendly tone. Claude just set down the picture he’d been viewing and nodded.

“I came to inform you that we are ready to continue tests on the S.A.M Zwei. Also it appears Laplace has a report for you.” Hector said simply. Lotze nodded and turned his full attention to Claude who leaned casually against the wall.

“Well now, where to begin?” Claude wondered aloud.

“Start with Kenny’s actions and activities. I want to make sure he’s not trying to pull a fast one.” Lotze said sharply and Claude nodded.

“Well, from what I found out, it would appear that all the reports that have been sent out have been about as accurate as necessary for such things, bar one thing. Unit 03.” Claude said and Lotze frowned.

“I knew he wasn’t being entirely honest about what happened. What else did you find out about that?”

“Well, I found out there’s some other data, but it was irretrievable. Sadly, Monsieur Goethe is quite good at his job and Commander Kenny is very good at covering his tracks. I did get detailed evaluations of the other pilots though.” Claude commented.

“I don’t need those, but good try. Next time though I could use more technical data, research information or that information you failed to get.” Lotze said sternly and Claude shrugged.

“Yes sir, but you’ll have to give me a few weeks to get ready. I’m going to need some new tricks to slip by Monsieur Goethe.” Claude said taking his leave of the office. A few moments after the door shut, hector spoke up once more.

“I don’t trust that man, why do we keep him around?” Hector asked as Lotze walked over to the picture frame and removed a small audio bug from it, crushing it between his finger and thumb.

“Because he’s good at what he does, and he has enough business sense to only deal with one Nerv branch; ours. As long as he continues his typical business practice, we can use that. Now then, you said we were ready for testing? Excellent, let’s get right to it then.” Lotze said cheerily and walked out of the room with hector following a step behind him.

“The test model is fitted with the Zwei prototype, and Lillian is ready for the test.” Hector listed off and Lotze blinked for a moment. “Lillian is the name of the pilot sir.”

“Ah yes, right of course. Silly me.” He responded with a chuckle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As the two walked, many continued the trend of staying out of the way with hector’s face in its usual hard expression whilst Lotze was walking with the lightest of smiles on his face. It didn’t take long for the pair to reach the testing facility in the base where everything was buzzing with anticipation and nervousness.

“Sir, we’re ready to begin at any moment.” Spoke one of the technicians.

“Good, then let’s get this underway, I have high expectations for this.” Lotze said eagerly and went to a monitoring position, the technician previously stationed there vacating for the Commander.

Before them was an evangelion simulation body, and within that was a young 14 year old girl who was exceptionally anxious. Lotze frowned as he monitored the pilot’s mental data and opened up the communications, putting on a set of headphones.

“Test pilot… Lillian wasn’t it? I need you to relax. This system requires focus and with your thoughts in such disarray, it will fail without a doubt.” He explained.

“I’m sorry, I’ll try.” The soft voice replied and Lotze waited for the readings in front of him to become optimal before he nodded to Hector.

“Begin the test! Activate the Zwei!” Hector ordered and soon the room was filled with motion as everyone got to work.

Soon the simulation body’s chest lit up brightly as the machine implanted there began to function. Readings and data began to pour in across the room as the various technicians and researchers buzzed about tracking it and making sure everything was running smoothly. Lotze grinned; this was going even smoother than he could have hoped for.

Alarms began to sound and red lights flashed across the room as panic began to arise. Hector was quick to action and began yelling above the noise.

“WHAT IS GOING ON?” His tone left no room for hesitance.

“T-The Zwei is malfunctioning!” One shouted in response.

“The Destrudo levels are spiking!” Another called out. Hector looked to Lotze who stood up.

“SHUT IT DOWN! STOP THE SYSTEM FROM DESTROYING ITSELF AND SALVAGE THE PILOT IMEDIATETLY!” Lotze barked angrily and the room fell into silent motion once more despite the alarms and previous panic. Lotze sat back down to monitor the pilot, leaving the speakers off so no one would have to hear the horrific screaming coming through the headphones he was wearing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Several hours passed and Lotze sat in his office brooding angrily, the data from the earlier test lay out in front of him. He looked it over again and ground his teeth somewhat. This was not what he had hoped for, far from it. The system was still useless, despite the improvements they had been trying, his daughter would be left with that older model. It was infuriating. A knock on the door drew his attention.

“Come in.” he spoke and waited as the door slid open and Hector, followed by Claude stepped in.

“Sir, Valencera reporting.” Hector spoke as usual, while Claude walked over to the pictures and clicked his tongue disappointed. Lotze ignored it though, the deceitful man knew better than to attempt his little games right now.

“Well? What happened?” Lotze asked in a level tone, but hector still looked unnerved.

“… The Destrudo Imbalance… ruptured several organs and tore the pilot apart. There was no chance of survival, but our medical staff did try their best.” Hector stated professionally.

“I see. Did we find out the problem? Was it the balancer? Perhaps one of the generators?” Lotze asked straight away.

“We believe it was the balancer sir. We can correct it promptly, but we have no test pilots left.” Hector stated.

“Hmph, it’ll be irritating, but we’ll find another. It’s unfortunate we lost that one, she was a good test subject.”

“How cold commander, that girl was a poor little orphan, eager to help save the world. Shouldn’t you be a little more moved by her loss?” Claude piped in with a taunting tone and Hector glared.

“That the child could be used with the simulation body was a small miracle in itself, she would never be a true pilot. In that regard her sacrifice has been for the benefit of all mankind. When the Zwei is complete and in my daughter’s possession, this world will be saved! That is all that matters. Now we just need to find a replacement, they don’t have to synchronize well, just find someone.” Lotze ordered and Claude nodded with a smirk.

“Of course sir, I’ll get right on it. I have to meet with one of my other clients anyway. Au revoir!” he spoke lightly as he left the room.

“Hector, Have them analyse the body, see if there is something about the pilot we missed. If there is then we’ll have to make sure the fault won’t occur with Valda. Also, keep it off record that we’re looking for more test candidates.” Lotze continued without missing a beat.

“Yes sir. Also, what would you like to do with the test subject from China?” Hector commented and Lotze paused.

“Hmm, as much as I’d love to use it for our own test purposes, if it expires like the last one I’ll never hear the end of it. Send it to one of our other support branches, and do the whole military training comparison there. The less it can observe our research, the better.” Lotze commented and Hector nodded.

“Yes sir, I’ll make the preparations immediately.” He responded before taking his leave.

Lotze just stood facing the window and sighed.

“It seems it will take some more time before my hopes can be fully realized.” He spoke to his ghostly reflection on the glass. “But don’t worry my daughter; I’ll pave the path for you. I promise.”

BEEP BEEP MUTHERF******

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Wed May 08, 2013 2:03 pm

Revelation

February 5th 2011

A hand reached up and knocked at the door. “It’s unlocked” A women called out. Easing the door open Toshiharu quietly made his way into the rather plain office of Professor. Francesca Galton, head of Nerv-MIT. Dozens of certificates, awards, and degree’s littered one wall while another was covered in schematics. To the side of her desk a large workstation sat with multiple monitors.

“You wanted to see me professor?” Toshiharu openly asked as he shut the office door behind him.

Galton shifted some documents around on her desk. “Indeed I did.” She said with a rather monotone voice as she pushed up her glasses and brushed her greying, light brown hair to the side.

Toshiharu sat in one of two chairs across from her desk. “So, what can I do for you?” He asked her bluntly.

Galton shifted slightly in her seat, opening a desk drawer and pulling out a manila folder, setting down gently on her desk. “It’s about your son.”

Toshiharu sighed. “Let me guess”” He paused for a moment. “Kiro screwed up somehow and is being pulled from his internship?”

Galton shook her head. “No, Kiro is doing exceptionally good work for a second year student. This is about your youngest, Akio.”

Looking rather surprised, Toshiharu leaned towards her desk. “What about him?”

Galton opened the folder and turned it around so he could read it. After reading the first few lines his pace quickened as he flipped through numerous pages of reports, graphs and tables.

“This can’t be real?” He muttered.

Galton nodded. “”I’m afraid that it is. According to the report, Akio has been identified as the Fourth child, pilot of Evangelion Unit-03.”

He sighed. “First the accident and now this.” He tossed the folder carelessly onto her desk.

“Sometimes I wonder if life is just playing some cruel joke on me.”

“I won’t deny that the past year has been hard for you, but Akio was chosen because he is one of the few who can protect humanity.” Galton explained.

Toshiharu smirked. “I know that, and that’s what scares me, that at some point in the future I will lose him.” He ran his hands through his hair. “I always wished my kids would somehow grow up and live a normal life. You know, go to college, get married, and have kids… that sort of thing.” He sighed. “But it seems fate has other plans.”

Galton smirked at this statement. “Bigger plans than neither you nor I can even possibly imagine.”

Toshiharu stood up. “I suppose you are right.” He started out the door before stopping for a moment. “When do you want me to bring him by?” He asked.

Galton shifted some documents on her desk. “In a couple of days.”

“Okay, see you then Professor.”

February 7th 2011

“Dad… where are we going?” Akio asked has he clung close to his father.

“To meet Professor. Galton.” His father said with a forced smile.

“Oh….” Akio sighed as he frowned. His father placed his hand on Akio’s head and ruffled his shoulder length hair.

“Don’t worry, I’ll be right here.” He said with a smile. Akio smiled faintly back as they approached Galton’s office. Two uniformed guards, from the U.S. Army stood outside as a heated exchange took place inside.

“If you really think I’m going to just hand over data on Unit-03 you have another thing coming!” Galton yelled out.

“Come on Professor, aren’t we all on the same side here?” A man’s voice called out.

“That may be but you have no business in trying to obtain data on our Unit! I don’t care if you are having teething issues with yours! That’s none of my concern. If anything, I suspect you are attempting to gain a higher standing with the committee.” Galton yelled.

The man laughed. “Have it your way Francesca, but I’ll tell you this. I will get my hands on that data one way or another.”

“Like hell you will.” Galton growled.

The office door swung open and a decorated general walked out, stopping to give a glance at Akio and his father.

“So that’s the Forth huh? Doesn’t look like much.” The man smirked and continued on his way with his guard in tow. Toshiharu clenched his fists in anger, wanting to respond to the general’s claims. He let out sigh and unclenched his fists, making his way into Galton’s office while Akio hid behind him.

“I see Quine is at it again.” Akio’s father stated with a sigh.

“The pompous jackass seems to think he can just waltz in here and take whatever he chooses! Chauvinistic pig…” Galton muttered. She notices Akio attempting to hide behind his father.

“Oh how rude of me!” She stood up from her desk and walked over to Akio, leaning down to his level she smiled. “I’m Professor Galton; it’s nice to meet you Akio.”

Akio nodded in response and smiled faintly.

“Sorry, he is a little… shy.”

Galton stood back up. “Don’t worry, I understand.” She turned toward the door. “Well, shall we go?”

The trio made their way through a maze of corridors and numerous elevator rides. Soon they arrived at a door that was labeled: “Project E”. Sliding a keycard through the reader, Galton ushered Akio and his father inside. It was a large room filled with various computer stations with a large window peering out into a large hanger. Walking over to the observation window, Akio’s father gasped while Akio was drawn to what they saw.

A large unarmored giant stood before them. A black, six eyed helm was being carefully craned into position to be fitted to its head. Various tubes and connectors were sticking into its body. A red core glistened in its chest and the thumping of its heart beat filled the room.

“I-Is that… Unit-03?!” Akio’s father gasped while Akio remained silent.

“Yes, we have just entered phase two of its construction. It’s still a long way’s off from completion.” Galton explained.

“Why are you showing us this?” Akio’s father interjected.

“Because, you both needed to see it, especially Akio.” She said as she turned to Akio and smiled. Leaning down to Akio’s level once more, she peered into his eyes. “That in there is what’s called an Evangelion. That one is Unit-03.” Akio nodded as he paid close attention to what Galton was saying. “Someday soon, you will be piloting it.” Galton said with a smile.

Akio nodded sheepishly. “Is… that what my brother works on?” he asked quietly.

Galton stood back up. “Yes, Kiro’s work is very important to Unit-03’s development.”

Akio smiled faintly. “C-cool. I c-can’t wait to pilot it.” He stuttered.

Galton smirked. “Excellent!”

Aggroxcraig
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Aggroxcraig » Wed May 08, 2013 10:21 pm

Epilogue Part 2: Meeting

Finally entering the room, Kiyoshi closed her flip phone and muttered, "Idiot." as she shut the door behind her. Turning back to the scene of new children she found herself smiling at the children playing around in the room. Out in the corner were Tokei and Shirou who was helping her create a new character. It could be seen that Tokei was absolutely focused and was flipping through pages while writing things down as Shirou seemed to be talking her ear off as he pointed at various parts of the book. Raglan and Valda ended up deciding to finish their petty argument by playing a game of Shogi. Akio stood by in the middle of the two minding his own business trying to make things less hostile. Qi and Katla were sitting in the play set as Qi was nodding to Katla's remarks. Isaac was sitting in a playhouse with Shiori who brought out a pretend plate of food to her "husband". She took the seat next to him and nuzzled into Isaac's shoulder as he rolled his eyes in defeat. It was all rather cute to look at.

A bit later, Kiyoshi grabbed all the children to play a couple of games such as tag, heads up seven up, red light green light and other games. Raglan and Valda were very competitive with one another, but Qi won every game without even trying. Katla wasn't the best at any of the games, but seemed to be enjoying herself regardless of the fact that she wasn't the best in social situations. Isaac tried his best to avoid any contact with Shiori, but she wouldn't have any of that from her bridegroom. Tokei appeared to not find the games fun, but a small smile could be found when Kiyoshi complimented her. Akio was getting picked on by Valda all the time for being one of the last to finish, but he didn't seem to mind that much. Shirou looked like he was having fun regardless if he won or not. While waiting for the next game, he would pull out his Gameboy to kill the time.

"Alright kids, the next game is going to be the three legged race! Now since there are nine of you we are at an odd number so one of you is going to be the judge to decide who will win." Kiyoshi said as she examined the children lining up side to side with each other. "Let's see here...hmmm...Qi! Do you want to be the judge?"

"I accept the position of judge. I will perform the position at the highest caliber." Qi said as he stood right next to Kiyoshi with a grin on his face.

"Perfect!" [i]What a weird kid[i] Kiyoshi thought as she patted the boys head. "Alright let's pair you all up! Isaac and Shiori you two are partners since you two are apparently married now." She said with a giggle.

"What?! WE are not!" Isaac yelled as Shiori glomped him.

"I told you husband! Let's win this in the name of our love!" Shiroi yelled when a heart encompassed the background as Isaac let out a deep sigh.

"...Raglan and Katla..."

"O-ok!" Katla whispered as Raglan walked over to her and lifted his hand up to give the girl a high five.
"Alright! Let's win this thing!" Raglan said as Katla smiled and gave the boy a high five.

"...Akio and Valda..."

"Was! Man kann nicht dein Ernst sein? Sie wollen mich verkuppeln mit diesem schwachen Dummkopf!" Valda yelled as Akio made his way to stand next to the girl. "You better not let me down idiot."

Akio smiled and let a thumbs up. "I'll do the best I can."

"Tch, just don't hold me back..." Valda scoffed as she turned away from the boy.

"...and Tokei and Shirou."

Shirou exclaimed a big smile and pumped his fist up in the air. "Alright! let's do this!"

Tokei nodded. "Ok. Shirou..."

Shirou got a little closer as Tokei stared into his eyes. "Um, yeah?"

"Let's win this." Tokei said as she brought her fist up when a flash of determination gleamed across her face. Shirou nodded and gave the girl thumbs up.

As the children were all set up behind a line, Kiyoshi and Qi stood on the other end. Isaac was trying to focus, but Shiori was talking his ear off while blushing since they were attached to the ankle. Valda was fuming as she was lecturing Akio on how to maintain optimum speed. Tokei and Shirou were both focused as they stood quiet with one another. Raglan was cheering Katla on as she kept her head ducked with a small smile.

"Ok! On your mark....get set...GO!!" Kiyoshi yelled as the children started to make their way to the finish line. Isaac and Shiori were the first to fall down, but that wasn't on accident. Shiori "tripped" and fell to the ground clinging on to Isaac. Kiyoshi just face palmed at the sight. Valda and Akio were actually a great team which surprised Valda. She was so surprised that she caused them to trip onto the ground. Valda started to yell at Akio calling him "clumsy" and a "lousy teamate" as they tried to recover. Katla and Raglan were making strides past the two who fell to the ground as they caught up to Tokei and Shirou. The race was neck and neck as the two teams approached the finish line. Qi watched the two teams diligently as they got closer. It was a photo finish as the two teams crossed the finish line.

"Tokei and Shirou won." Qi said as Shirou cheered in victory. Tokei let out a smirk as she whispered to herself: "Yes!" Raglan was upset until he looked over at Katla who was giggling at how fun it was. Reglan let out a grin and started to laugh with her. The other kids started to gather around Kiyoshi as she congratulated them all for trying. She let them loose to do what they wanted to in the room. After a half an hour, a knock on the door was heard as Kiyoshi opened the door to find Owen and his wife.

"Mom! Papa!" Katla yelled as she ran over to the two and gave them both a big hug.

"Did you and Isaac have a good time with the other children?" Her mother said as she knelt down to her daughter.

"Yeah, I had a great time! Brother on the other hand..." Katla said as she pointed at Isaac running away from Shiori.

"Leave me alone!" Isaac yelled as he made his way to his Mom and Dad, hiding behind his Mother.

"But we need to go over your future occupation!" Shiori said as she continued to follow Isaac.

"I see you found yourself a little girlfriend Isaac." His mother said as she patted his son's head. "What's your name?" She said with a smile to Shiori.

"I'm Shiori Takatsuki and soon to be Mrs. Kenny!"

"Well Shiori, I look forward to the reception." The mother said with a giggle as Isaac glared at his mom. "Since you two had a fun time with the others, how about a photo with all the children before we go to lunch to lunch. Is that alright Ms. Miki?"

Kiyoshi nodded as all the children posed for a picture. From left to right stood Akio, Shirou, Raglan, Tokei, Valda, Qi, Katla, Isaac and Skiori. Shirou had quite possibly the biggest smile out of the bunch as he was did a peace sign. Raglan kept his hands his pockets trying to be the cool kid while smiling at the camera. Akio had his arms against his sides as he gave the camera a shy smile. Tokei stood with her hands reverently clasped in front of her with a small smile that was barely noticed. Valda puffed her chest up with pride as she put her fists against her waist, trying to have the camera focus on her. Katla smiled gently at the camera while having her arms behind her back. Isaac was smiling, but Shiori was clamping to Isaac’s arm while smiling at the camera. After the photo was taken, Shiori gave Isaac a kiss on the cheek which caused him to jump back away from Shiori.

"Ew!!! Gross!!" Isaac yelled as the other children laughed at him.

"Hehe, I just wanted to give you something to remember me by." Shiori said with a giggle.

"Come along Isaac. Tell your girlfriend goodbye." Owen said with a small grin. Their mother tried to hide a laugh behind her hand, but was unsuccessful. As Katla and Isaac left the room the other children waved them goodbye while the family made their way to the cafeteria.

End of Part 2

Atropos
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Atropos » Fri May 10, 2013 4:11 pm

"Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy name…"

So chanted Shiori Takatsuki, and a light began to appear in her chest - a light so bright that it turned the bright blue sky above the dueling arena dark by contrast. Isaac raised his arm to block some of the light out, and for a moment the light bounced off the signet ring on his hand, nearly blinding him - but he was still able to see Shiori fall back on Valda's arm, still chanting.

"Thy will be done, Thy Kingdom come, on Earth as it is in Heaven…"

He watched in increasing bewilderment as the handle of a sword appeared from Shiori's sternum. Unfazed by the bizarre scene, Valda Krieg grabbed the sword, pulled it free, and cried -

"Grant me the power to revolutionize the world!"

With that, she brought the sword down, Shiori moved aside, and the fight commenced. The rules were simple: a rose was affixed to the chest of each duelist. The first duelist to knock the opponent's rose off would win the duel. Shiori had explained so much a few minutes earlier, when she attached a blue rose to Isaac's chest - and, for a simple "Ganbatte," received a stinging slap from Valda. If fighting for Akio's sake was not enough, fighting for Shiori as well would be.

This girl, Isaac thought to himself, thinks she can get away with treating other people like they're animals. Well, I'll show her that she's wrong!

He held his shinai in a guard position. From there, he would be able to strike at any point on his opponent's body and block an attack made at him with relative ease. Even knowing this, he was unprepared when Valda leapt at him, sword swinging wildly. He brought up the shinai to defend, and barely caught it - a second later and he would have been decapitated.

Valda pushed forward, knocking Isaac to the ground, and broke his sword at the guard. Isaac dodged a few more of her blows with speed, but he knew he would not be able to last much longer with this strategy.

He dropped to his knees, gasping for breath, and Valda stood over him triumphant. She raised her sword high and swung it down, to end the combat in one swift motion…

Isaac's entire world turned red.

He jumped forward, feeling the blade cut along his shoulder and upper back but not feeling any pain. Valda, surprised by his sudden action, dropped the sword. Both combatants fell at once, but Isaac landed on top, and, wasting no time, grabbed Valda's sword from behind him and cut the rose off her chest. From somewhere in the distance, bells rang.

With that sound, Isaac's mind cleared instantly. He was able to see, now, the results of his actions, and he was horrified. Valda was unconscious, probably from shock. His own clothes were bloody, and his hand was cut badly. Disoriented, he looked around for anyone to help.

I…I've got to get home, he thought. Take off this uniform, leave the show…

He stumbled forward clumsily. In a few minutes, he would pass out from blood loss. But if he lost it here, now, no one would find him…

He felt a pair of arms around his waist as he slipped into darkness.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Isaac awoke in the infirmary with a start. He stared first at the ceiling, with its drop texture and fluorescent lights. Much to his relief, he felt bandages on his head and shoulders, so his wounds had been attended to. He wondered if the same was true for Valda.

Isaac sat up…and saw that he was not alone in the room. At the side of the bed sat Shiori Takatsuki, who smiled at him gently.

"Good morning, Master Isaac," she said. "I am the Rose Bride. From this day forward, you and I are engaged."

The girls' words, her calm smile, and the memories of last night - all hit him at once. Isaac clutched his forehead and screamed.

To be continued…maybe…

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Sat May 11, 2013 9:41 pm

Today was Akio’s birthday. Walking into the classroom with a little spring in his step, he was greeted by fellow students with a few smiles and birthday wises. He promptly thanked each one of them before settling down in his seat for today’s studies. By the time class had started, everyone but Valda had wished him well.

Did she forget? Akio thought to himself. No she wouldn’t have forgotten. Probably just waiting for the right moment to say something. he assured himself.

As usual Carter’s lecture was sleep inducing for Isaac; he fell asleep and was awakened by Carter embarrassing him as usual, which always brought out a few laughs and giggles from the class. After what seemed like hours, it was lunch time.

Akio took Valda’s hand and the two made their way up to the roof, instead of the music room where Valda would listen while Isaac taught Akio how to play the piano. Arriving on the roof the two pulled out their bentos and began to eat.

“So, you guys play Nishi high on Saturday huh?” Valda asked.

“Yeah, it’s a pretty big deal. Coach has been pushing us extra hard for this game.” Akio explained.

“Well, you guys better kick those snobby punk’s asses.” She bellowed. Akio laughed.

“Well, we will certainly do our best to make that happen.”

The rest of lunch was mostly quiet, which served to worry Akio. Maybe she really has forgotten? he thought. Should I say something? No I’ll just wait.

The bell rang and the two packed up their stuff and headed back down to class. The rest of the day went by agonizingly slow. After this it was practice and then home.

Isaac got caught passing notes to Shiori. The class egged carter on to read them aloud but he just gave them a warning and tossed the notes into the trash which triggered a few moans. Raglan and Izumi played table football behind Carters back like usual, seeming always able to predict when he was going to turn around. The bell rang signaling the end of the day. Akio packed up his stuff and headed to practice.

Strangely, Raglan did not show up to practice today which caused the coach some concern. After a few announcements they broke off into their drills, the coach pushing them to the absolute limit in preparation for Saturday’s game. After playing a mock game, practice ended. Akio was bushed as he took a quick shower and headed out. Valda did not wait for him today which made him depressed.
“She never said a word about today.” He sighed as he walked home.

Ever since the surprise party they held for her birthday and his surprise gift to her, he and Valda have had a very nice and stable relationship. For her to forget his birthday today was very depressing.

Walking up the steps to the house he pulled out he keys, fumbling with them slightly before unlocking the door. Pushing the door open, he was shocked by a torrent of “Happy birthday’s” coming from his parents and the others, including Valda. With a rather large grin he stepped inside.

Shirou had brought his N64 over with Super smash brothers. They each took turns playing, except for Valda because she couldn’t stand losing. Qi got a little cross when Shirou beat him with Pikachu and Raglan surprised everyone when he took down Shirou. Akio managed to win against Isaac and Shiori and was surprised when Katla completely destroyed him. Many laughs were shared along with shouts of victory.

After cake, Akio’s mom called that it was time for presents. Everyone gatherd around and watched quietly as Akio opened each one.

Tokei’s present was first, a book on physics. “I figured you would like it, since you do well on the science work at school.” She explained.

“Thanks Tokei! This looks really interesting!” He said happily. Tokei smiled.

Next was Isaac’s present, a book of sheet music for the piano. “Since you have shown a lot of interest in learning more, I thought this was perfect for you man.” He said with a grin.

“Thanks dude!”

Raglan’s present was one that he and the team had saved up to buy for Akio, a nice new pair of basketball shoes. Akio was elated but at the same time he felt bad for the guys spending so much on them. He thoroughly thanked Raglan and made a note to thank the team tomorrow.

Shiori gave Akio him his very own set of Tarot cards. He had no clue how to use them but thanked Shiori nicely for them.

Qi produced a small pocket knife and gave it to Akio. Citing that “One always has a need for a knife.” Thanking Qi, he dropped the knife into his pocket.

Shirou gave him the latest D&D books. Akio thanked him and Shirou reminded him about continuing their campaign on Sunday.

Katla gave Akio a book of drawings that she had made. Akio was pleasantly surprised at the very simple and thoughtful gift and thanked her graciously for it.

All eyes were turned on Valda as she stared at a small box she held in her hands. She handed it over to Akio and watched while he opened it. Inside was a small velvet covered case. Akio’s eyes light up as he flipped it open. It contained a small, heart shaped locket. He opened it to reveal a picture of Valda.

“It’s…” Valda paused. “It’s so that I am always close to your heart.” She said quietly.

Akio stared to tear up as he couldn’t think of anything to say. Valda smiled.

“Happy birthday Akio.” She said quietly. The room was completely silent.

Akio wiped his eyes and pulled Valda into a hug. “Thank you so much Valda.” He stared into her eyes. “I love you.” The two shared a brief and breathy kiss.

Valda smiled. “I love you too.”

Isaac grinned mischievously. “So tell us, when is the wedding?” Everyone busted out in laughter as Akio and Valda turned various shades of red in embarrassment.

“Oh shut up!” They both shouted in unison.

Return to “Role-Playing Related”