[NO SPOILERS] Evangelion 3.33 on Blu-ray and DVD April 24th

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final installment is scheduled to debut in Japan on January 23, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby A.T. Fish » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:49 am

The Eva Monkey wrote:FUCK CAMRIPS. Seriously. Y'all are impatient little shits. If I can wait, so can you.

It's overwhelming at first but eventually you get used to being spoiled, it's a lot like sex.

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Giji Shinka » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:53 am

Yeah, i never though that the BD would be released this early. This announcement surprised me completely. I'm almost regretting that i watched the camrip. :(
It's overwhelming at first but eventually you get used to being spoiled, it's a lot like sex.
:lol:

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:00 pm

So wait, does that mean there will be no bonus added scenes AT ALL for the third film?

If they're already calling the regular Home release with nothing added "3.33"...
Alas poor Kaworu! I knew him well...

Xard
Sex God Bastard
Sex God Bastard

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:03 pm

View Original PostThe Eva Monkey wrote:FUCK CAMRIPS. Seriously. Y'all are impatient little shits. If I can wait, so can you.

If you're one of the people scourging the internets for spoilers the premiere night and translating those it doesn't make any sense to wait for DVD/BD, y'know. You already know everything.
ran1: Oh gosh this sentence gave me an internet boner. You're so tsundere.
Mugwump: Goddamn it, Xard! Take me in your arms, you magnificent sex god bastard!
And don't forget to wear the Ran mask.
Eva Yojimbo: You really are the Otaku equivalent of a Catholic and Jew rolled up into one giant dakimakura of guilt.
Gob Hobblin: Sanctimonious, subtly racist, vaguely misogynist, somehow says something while at the same time saying...nothing, really, at all....

Nice, Xard. That's nice.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:05 pm

View Original PostThe Eva Monkey wrote:FUCK CAMRIPS. Seriously. Y'all are impatient little shits. If I can wait, so can you.

I'm still puzzled by people that claim that they somehow just can't stay away.

If you have no control over whether to expose yourself to a bit of entertainement news/spoiler then what do you have control over?
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:08 pm

Some people just didn't feel any need to keep away - it's not necessarily a matter of being weak-willed.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: Relaxing... (details); Past avatars.
Can't wait for 3.0+1.0? - try Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:11 pm

I know some people deliberately choose to spoil themselves but there's plenty of posts here of people whining and being dramatic (even in jest) about supposedly how hard it is to keep their Q virginity.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

riffraff11235
Seed
Seed

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:15 pm

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:I know some people deliberately choose to spoil themselves but there's plenty of posts here of people whining and being dramatic (even in jest) about supposedly how hard it is to keep their Q virginity.

Guilty! Unfortunately.... :lol:

At some points it was just popping up everywhere. Youtube, Facebook, you name it. I avoided sites like tumblr from day 1, and safeguarded my Wall not too long after. The spoiler policy is active until the American BD/DVD release, right?

EDIT: I just calculated that the time elapsed between the theater release and the Japanese BD/DVD release will have been 5 months 7 days. That's a bit more than half the usual time for Japanese home video release! We should all be sending Anno thank you cards for this! :lol:
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

JB2448
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby JB2448 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:22 pm

This is a seriously quick turnaround (the quickest for any Eva franchise home media release so far?)! Is it possible that we're getting Final a bit earlier than anticipated (say, 2014)?
Do a barrel roll!

DemonSpade
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby DemonSpade » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:23 pm

View Original Postriffraff11235 wrote: I just calculated that the time elapsed between the theater release and the Japanese BD/DVD release will have been 5 months 7 days. That's a bit more than half the usual time for Japanese home video release! We should all be sending Anno thank you cards for this! :lol:

I don't think that was a decision on Anno's part, but oh well. I just hope that this early release means that we'll be getting 4.0 really soon.

Although I'm still puzzled about the fact that there seems so to be no new footage. Quite unusual, isn't it?

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:31 pm

But why?
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Giji Shinka » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:34 pm

View Original PostDemonSpade wrote:I don't think that was a decision on Anno's part, but oh well. I just hope that this early release means that we'll be getting 4.0 really soon.

Although I'm still puzzled about the fact that there seems so to be no new footage. Quite unusual, isn't it?

But what they can possibly add more for 3.33?
SPOILER: Show
More piano scenes with Shinji and Kaworu? Or more interactions between W---- people? ^_^

Mori-kun
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Mori-kun » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:40 pm

Kendrix wrote:So wait, does that mean there will be no bonus added scenes AT ALL for the third film?

Xard wrote:Well shit. New Eva and Minna no Eva pages I hit didn't make it clear but EM's original:

収録時間:本編105分(『巨神兵東京に現わる 劇場版』:10分7秒・『ヱヴァンゲリヲン新劇場版:Q』:95分)+映像特典

this seems to count the God Warrior short (10mins7secs) and Q (95min) together to form the 105 min lenght.

Sorry guys, new scenes cancelled!

Your worst nightmare has become reality.
[size=59]"Die Dood staan voor die deur

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:43 pm

Hell yeah, good things come to those who wait.

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

xenosaga
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby xenosaga » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:46 pm

Happy that its coming out sooner than I thought, but disappointed that it won't have added scene. Now 0.33 means just disc release, instead of additional contents.

I wished they polish some scenes in the movie when I watched it in the theater, but I doubt that will happen as well.
Also sprach Zarathustra

transcendent12
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby transcendent12 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:49 pm

Been intending to get the tetralogy, since I didn't have to weather the temptation of 2.22 since I was new to evaverse. I've pretty much resigned to the fact that if I manage to get a job before the pre-orders start my money will be going over seas. fml.

In happier news, yay! Can't wait for some 1080p goodness. Though I've just realised, there's no way for me to append subs even if I did get it(outside buying a blu ray player for my laptop/pc) :lol:

Chiral_Spiral
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Chiral_Spiral » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:50 pm

Hell yes, I've resisted the camrip so far and now that I know a Blu ray rip is a little over two months away it'll be that much easier.

Now release it in the UK so I can buy a legit copy

riffraff11235
Seed
Seed

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:51 pm

View Original Posttranscendent12 wrote:Though I've just realised, there's no way for me to append subs even if I did get it(outside buying a blu ray player for my laptop/pc) :lol:

I take it you won't be downloading BD/DVD-rips, then?
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:51 pm

View Original PostGiji Shinka wrote:But what they can possibly add more for 3.33?
SPOILER: Show
More piano scenes with Shinji and Kaworu? Or more interactions between W---- people? ^_^

The latter. It's very much needed for various reasons.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby A.T. Fish » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:06 pm

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:I'm still puzzled by people that claim that they somehow just can't stay away.

If you have no control over whether to expose yourself to a bit of entertainement news/spoiler then what do you have control over?

Go to fat camp and ask the kids there why they can't stay away from candy. It's about the same, but spoilers won't give you diabetes so there's even less incentive to avoid.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”