The Water Sign, by C.S. Samulski

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

arkiel
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

The Water Sign, by C.S. Samulski

•      
  •      

Postby arkiel » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:08 am

Behold! a member of the fandom produced something of worth. I've read it, and it was good. Near-future child-soldier thing. Take a look.

The Water Sign
written by C.S. Samulski, a fandom alum.

Summary: The teachers taught us how to kill and made us dream for death. It is the only place the Struggle leads. And even it was a lie.

I am too old to be a child. Still too young to be a soldier. But I am trapped as both.

My name is Ayax, though some call me the Water Sign - and this is the story of how I died so that the world might live.

In a future torn apart by catastrophic climate change, biological warfare, and geopolitical upheaval, corporations have taken over the role of nation states. Protected by the re-purposed United Nations and their dreaded Peacekeepers, these corporations and their mercenary armies wage endless wars across all that remains of civilization. And hidden in this chaos, someone or something is stealing children and programming them to fight. The warriors that emerge at age fourteen are vicious and unlike any the world has ever seen.

Exploited by his teachers, and pursued by others who would use him for their own ends, Ayax must navigate our dystopian future filled with treachery, unlikely allies and forbidden AI technology. Is he the Water Sign as the Kafkari believe he is, or merely another experimental weapon?

liquidus118
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby liquidus118 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:20 am

A member of the fandom? So like an *** fan?
Either way this book sounds interesting. Any word of an ebook version? Just got a kindle and feel like justifying my purchase some more.

I like the cover, even if the art is kinda meh to me. Gives me vibes of when ******'s under the spotlight on the stage chair.

arkiel
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby arkiel » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:51 am

Ayup, eBook version is coming. I guess the formatting is trickier than I would have thought. Might just be trying to move physical copies first, I know some smaller publishers roll that way.

Eva fan wrote it. I figure the cover at least conveys the japanophile aspect of the narrative, which isn't obvious from the summary.

C.W. Smith
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby C.W. Smith » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:09 am

It's definatly something to look up to. I'm impressed and will probably do some link whoring in support.
Owner/Operator of Evafics.net, Fanbards.net, and Lemontastica.net

Death Brings Nothing.

arkiel
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby arkiel » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:39 am

FYI ya'll, the ebook version is out now.
http://www.amazon.com/The-Water-Sign-ebook/dp/B00BLS5E2Y/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1362328705&sr=1-1&keywords=the+water+sign

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”