[Game] Neon Genesis Evangelion 2: Another Cases

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
marmotgirl
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby marmotgirl » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:00 pm

~at0mic punk~ wrote:Well I have the game, and I understand most of the endings

*Spoiler* Shinji's first one is he beats the mass production Evas and stops third impact, his second one is he is now comfortable with his life in Tokyo-3, Rei's is she kills herself while inside Lilith, she refuses Gendo and saves humanity, Asuka's is (well for me, I may be wrong) is she goes through Instrumentality like Shinji did in ep 25-26 and finds herself, Misato shoots Gendo and stops third impact, Gendo's is Yui(who is for some reason in Rei's GROWN UP body) and Shinji are the only ones left. Ritsuko's is she makes Gendo fall in love with her, Kaji's is he takes a train to some far off land and leaves the truth with Misato, he also leaves to protect her, Toji's is he stops third impact, Hikari's is Toji not losing any limbs and is OK, and lastly Kaworu's is he takes the angels, maybe Lilith, and goes to another place to protect th humans.

There is not one word of this which is not awesome. This really does sound like one of the better Eva games...anyone know of any web resources apart from teh old official site? Screencaps, anything?
"Dude, it's not that I don't think you're cool or anything but the fact is that that guy is driving a Big Red GTO and you're pissing about in an enraged banana."

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

•      
  •      

Postby chee » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:07 am

Must....have....translated....ROM....ARGFLGBURGL

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

•      
  •      

Postby slothen » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:44 am

thread belongs in a different section of the forums.
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

CitizenGeek
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby CitizenGeek » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:18 am

chee wrote:Must....have....translated....ROM....ARGFLGBURGL

Is there a translated ROM? I so want someone to release this over here :[ I mean it seems bizzarre that games based on less popular anime get released here, but Eva games don't.
I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf mutes.

~at0mic punk~
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby ~at0mic punk~ » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:14 pm

Ok, well I'll upload any screens you want, I'll get to Shinji first
Metal Gear Rank List
MGS:TS-Big Boss
MGS2:Substance-Bat
MGS3:Subsistance-Bat
MGS4:Guns of the Patriots-Eagle

~at0mic punk~
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby ~at0mic punk~ » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:48 pm

ok, her's the manuel

If you look, Eva 01 is in it's F-type armor, as of now I have NO IDEA how to get this armor :(

here is your typical screen, note the AT field and Pulse meters, AT is your feelings, if it's high you can do more actions, if it's not you might not be able to pilot your Eva. You need to make your character rest, eat, sleep, and go to the bathroom, also if someone says something negative to you it lowers it too. The pulse meter is what makes you say and do things, it is also used when you're in your Eva. It is like your energy, once you drain it is is very hard to get it back.

and here it is folks, Unit 01
Metal Gear Rank List

~at0mic punk~
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby ~at0mic punk~ » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:55 pm

Alright I am talking to Misato, note the expression, she is happy with me

This is your relationship value, up mean interest, and left mean favor or love

This is what it's like in your Eva, the angel is the huge "A"s, the Eva is the "Eva" which is covered, and the colored blocks are buildings, they either have weapons(yellow),you can connect to them with your emblical cable(red), or their Tokyo-3 buildings, I am in the Geofront right now, so the city will look different. Note that you usually fight one angel at a time, however I am fighting the mass production Evas, which you fight all at once for the grand total of nine.
Metal Gear Rank List

~at0mic punk~
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby ~at0mic punk~ » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:08 pm

Here's the typical pallet rifle, four shots, no range and hardly any damage

The best weapon in the game, the progressive knife

and the slow, but powerful polsetron rifle, two shots
Metal Gear Rank List

~at0mic punk~
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby ~at0mic punk~ » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:15 pm

Alright this shows the options you have when your AT field is put on an angel, the AT field is the light that is coming from the Eva, the meter on the bottom is your health, he red is the weakest and can be put out by an strong AT field, the green is your strong energy, and the yellow is your standard.
Metal Gear Rank List

~at0mic punk~
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby ~at0mic punk~ » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:17 pm

Alright this shows the options you have when your AT field is put on an angel, the AT field is the light that is coming from the Eva, the meter on the bottom is your health, he red is the weakest and can be put out by an strong AT field, the green is your strong energy, and the yellow is your standard.

Here is the rifle, another great weapon, five shots

and finally this is the wait meter, it's the pink meter by ES-09, you get this right after you attack, so does the angel
Metal Gear Rank List

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:10 pm

You win many of my Internets. :mrgreen:

And in terms of any tips, etc, on GameFAQs somebody wrote up a guide for people who don't know (much or any) Japanese as well as general useful things about the game. Though it's specifically for Another Cases (PSP), it is supposedly useful for people who get the PS2 game (which is what I'm hoping to get for Christmas :)).

So would you say this game is certinaly worth it, and that is very well could be one of the best if not THE best Eva game out there?
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

~at0mic punk~
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby ~at0mic punk~ » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:21 pm

I am going to say that IT is THE BEST EVA GAME OUT THERE. But you do know that you do not get as many stories as you do in the psp version, the psp version has 18, the ps2 version only has 7 I think, and the graphics aren't as updated, but it's your call(side note that the PSP is region free, the ps2version needs an import disk, or something to import it)

But yeah, if you're going to get an Eva game THIS the one you want to get!
Metal Gear Rank List

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:12 pm

I already have a Slide Card to play imports, so all I would need is the actual game.

Thanks for replying. ^_^

btw, is this also a dating sim of sorts? e.g: Can you make Shinji or whoever your character is go out with another?

~at0mic punk~
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby ~at0mic punk~ » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:54 pm

Yes and no, the point of the story is to beat the angels as well as get a relationship to 700+, my relationship with Misato is just that, does that mean that I can date her, yes, do I, no, and you don't need to date anyone, just befriend them, but yes you can date people in this game, and you can increase relationships with most people, I believe the PS2 game is a little different and there isn't as much people to talk to but you get you main people, and Shinji's second story you must have a relationship of 700+ with everyone! It's hard, but what's weird about it is if you have a strong relationship with Gendo, you can.....go fishing with him, it's one of the endings, and it's not the "good" ending, but anyway I usually always pair Shinji and Asuka, but you can have it where You(Rei) have a dating relationship with Asuka, as well as others, kinda weird but it's possible
Metal Gear Rank List

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:19 pm

Rei and Asuka? Wow, now THAT is a fan/fapboy's dream come true. However, I'm a fanGIRL.

Hehe, it'd be funny to pair Touji/Kaworu. I'd LOVE to see how THAT would go down. :mrgreen: (Err...no pun intended!)

And Shinji/Asuka? ....Aren't there commands where you can make the person you have a high relationship with "Kiss", "Hug", "Hold hands"? What happens when you do that? Does the other character simply kiss you, smile at you, what? Specifically, what with Shinji and Asuka? Image (Feel free to reply to this question as a PM, unless other people are interested, too.)

"Fishing Show with Gendou" (S: "Oh, fish! Come on get in the boat! Oh, girls! Come on over to my house!" G: "....Shinji. Stop acting like a fool." S: "Aw, come on, Father! Homestar Runner's hilarious!"), eh? The funny thing is, in the GoS2 manga when Shinji has been eaten by Adam (Kinky Kaworu is Kinky), fishing with Gendo is one of the things he dreams about.

Sorry for all the questions/comments, I just think that's really cool. ^_^; And I'd probably buy the PS2 version, since I don't have $$ for a PSP.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:45 pm

Wow, they must have had to put a LOT of development into so many endings for so many different characters.

~at0mic punk~
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby ~at0mic punk~ » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:49 am

Well, romance is actually the best way to increase a characters interest and favor, and there is no kissing(or at least when it's selecting all you get is a hug scene and a fade to black. But there are certain ways to go about it, first you need to get close to them by selecting a 60 impulse option, next if they stay close to you you can(I think) hold their hand or hug them, after that they either get angry, or they laugh, or they blush, after you do that you can select a 70 impulse which is a hug, or a 90 which is a kiss, but also be aware that you may get these romantic gestures to you from say Pen Pen, and also make sure the person you're doing it to has enough impulse to accept the gestures. Oh and by the way I made Toji go out with Hikari, soon after Kaworu atacked and Shinji convinced him to join the humans, a day later he tells me(toji) to follow him and brings me outside, what does he do, he summons Unit 04, the one that disappered and, out of nowhere and pilots it.
Metal Gear Rank List

~at0mic punk~
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby ~at0mic punk~ » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:51 am

Yes there are a lot of endings, and Anno was assitant(sp) director or produced it, so it could be considered "real" endings
Metal Gear Rank List

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:25 am

~at0mic punk~ wrote:Yes there are a lot of endings, and Anno was assitant(sp) director or produced it, so it could be considered "real" third-tier alternate endings
Fixed. The game itself has many differences from the actual show, so the endings shouldn't be applied to the show itself.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:09 pm

Wow, even affection from Pen-Pen? O_o

Hehehe..... Pen-Pen: "Wark! Wark waarrk! <3 (Shinji, thanks for all the fish! I love you!)"
Shinji: "Eh? Why....Pen-Pen.... *Pen-Pen chases Shinji around Misato's flat with hearts in his eyes* AHHHH! St...stop it already! ;_;" Asuka, eyebrow raise: "..........Wow, this is stupid."

Anyway, thanks for replying. ^_^

And HAY, KAWORU'S EVA IS UNIT-06 FROM THE MOOOOOOOOOON! :lol:

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”