[Game] Neon Genesis Evangelion 2: Another Cases

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:48 am

Was that scripted for both Last A and Last B? I can't recall now.

So is this a new game? This topic's the first I've heard of it. Sounds interesting! :D
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:56 am

Sailor Star Dust wrote:So is this a new game? This topic's the first I've heard of it. Sounds interesting! :D

It's just the PSP port/upgrade of NGE2 -- the source of the nefarious Classified Information -- that was released April 2006.
Last edited by Reichu on Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:06 pm

Lleonard Pler wrote:By the way, it's interesting to note that the ending in the original script for 26: with EVA-01 with long hair coming out its broken mask appears in the "good" ending of the game. It's holding the Spear of Longinus. And it appears to be a sort of Rei reincarnation, as Rei's voice is heard thanking humankind.

FOR THE LOVE OF JEBUS, PICS PLEASE!!!

AND VIDEOS IF POSSIBLE!!!
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

Lleonard Pler
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Lleonard Pler » Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:57 pm

Here come some pics from one of the "good" endings from NGE2: Another Cases (excuse me for the low quality, I did them with the camera of my mobile phone):

The EVA Series are about to land...

They look scarier than ever in 3D.

But luckily, in Misato's Scenario we receive the help of the powerful Jet Alone Prime.

The EVA series "resurrect".

Asuka attacks with the awesome "Dual Saw".

The Third Impact...

...occurs.

Every character from the series meets with his/her beloved one, like Gendou with Yui.

Ritsuko and her mother.

They all refuse this artificial world.

And this is the last image from the ending:

The EVA-01, with long hair and holding the Spear of Longinus, in ressemblance to the original scripts finale. The voice of Rei thanks "Lillim" for helping them (Rei/Lillith and Kaworu/Adam).

I hope you liked it. As a bonus, two pictures of the ending from PenPen's Scenario:

PenPen gets the robot-dog he wanted so much...

...but soon discovers it was done with hairs from a cat. Creepy.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:06 pm

Lleonard Pler wrote:Here come some pics from one of the "good" endings from NGE2: Another Cases (excuse me for the low quality, I did them with the camera of my mobile phone):

There's no way to get high-quality images off a PSP? (It's too bad they're so blurry; I can't even make out all of the Japanese.)

But luckily, in Misato's Scenario we receive the help of the powerful Jet Alone Prime.

What is the exact story behind JA Prime? (I'd always "hoped" it was Tokita's lame idea of vengeance upon Nerv.)

The EVA-01, with long hair and holding the Spear of Longinus, in ressemblance to the original scripts finale.

Not that an EVA-01 with hair didn't make it into the final film or anything.
Last edited by Reichu on Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:20 pm

Reichu wrote:There's no way to get high-quality images off a PS2?

PSP.

That image of EVA01 is pretty interesting. It fits in really well with EoE, like it could have been in there. I wouldn't be surprised if it were in Rebuild. I'm not expecting it to, exactly, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Lleonard Pler
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Lleonard Pler » Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:24 pm

Reichu wrote:There's no way to get high-quality images off a PS2? (It's too bad they're so blurry; I can't even make out all of the Japanese.)

My game is for the PSP, not for the PS2. I can't take screenshots from the PSP, sorry.

What is the exact story behind JA Prime? (I'd always "hoped" it was Tokita's lame idea of vengeance upon Nerv.)

In Misato's Scenario, you can enhance the EVAs. If you do, there is no "sabotage" of the Jet Alone but everyone feels unimpressed by its performance, as the enhanced EVAs are better. However, as long as Neo Tokyo-3 is not destroyed, the powered-up Jet Alone Prime will appear in the battle against the EVA Series to help you. It's very powerful, and it can defeat one of the EVA Series just by having it in its range. So it's no revenge, but support in desperate times.

I know, but I read that it was mentioned in that "original scripts" from Newtype or something, wasn't it?

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:36 pm

Lleonard Pler wrote:My game is for the PSP, not for the PS2.

Stupidly, I did know that, but I typed the wrong thing in two different posts... >_<

I can't take screenshots from the PSP, sorry.

There must be some preferred technique...

It's very powerful, and it can defeat one of the EVA Series just by having it in its range.

How is that actually possible? Does it have the soul of Tokita's mom or something? ::p

I know, but I read that it was mentioned in that "original scripts" from Newtype or something, wasn't it?

The Proposal that was published in Newtype 100% Collection only covers the TV series. You're thinking of the drafted alternate movie scenarios that have circulated.

Last A

You already know the beginning of this one (a beach, petrified headless Evas, etc).
Thew, we see the graves Shinji made (it's stated by Anno it was _he_ who made them). The names of all main Eva characters are written on them, except for "Ayanami Rei".
We then see Asuka's grave.
And Asuka's foot kicking it to the ground. ^^;
(you can still see these graves in the actual ending... no names, but there is Misato's pendant nailed on one of them, and an other has been kicked down ^^ )
We then see Shinji and Asuka on the beach... and you know that scene, too (but this draft demonstrates that Shinji and Asuka didn't just wake up there after Third Impact... they've been living here for some times... meaning they _could_ be the two only humans willing to return, after all... ^^; )
When Shinji starts crying, Asuka was supposed to say something like "Idiot. No way I'll let you kill me" ("idiot" was removed in the storyboards... and the whole line was modified, eventually).

Then, the ending music (so, there was one... ^^ ) was supposed to begin, and the staff credits were to appear (Anno suggests a horizontal scrolling, like in GunBuster, I guess).
We were to see Eva-01 lying on the Moon, and woman's hair showing from its broken mask (but her face remains unseen).
Behind Eva-01, you could see Earth, entirely red.
And the Black Moon, destroyed.
The camera goes to the sun, then to the stars.
Credits end.
"Shûgeki" ("the end").

In the final, instead of lying on the Moon, EVA-01 is drifting in space, with no apparent helmet, no visible face, and "hair" unfurled. Originally (storyboarded), she was to have been holding the Spear of Longinus (bident form) in her left hand, but in the movie the "eternity form" of it floats ahead of her instead.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:19 pm

Say, what does "done with hairs from a cat" mean? The dog's fur is cat hair? Why would that matter?

Jay911
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Jay911 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:20 pm

Reichu wrote:
I can't take screenshots from the PSP, sorry.

There must be some preferred technique...

IMO the issue is the camera phone doesn't have a "macro" function. (for those who don't know, a camera set to "macro" can take extreme closeups with ease. Any other focus setting causes the picture to come out blurry and unfocused.)

I have taken pictures of notebook computer screens with my digital camera on "macro" all winter for a work project, comes out clear every time.
--j.

Lleonard Pler
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Lleonard Pler » Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:34 pm

Say, what does "done with hairs from a cat" mean? The dog's fur is cat hair? Why would that matter?

I read again the scenario ending, and I misunderstood it the first time. It's a cat disguised as a dog or something like that. And PenPen happens to hate cats.

IMO the issue is the camera phone doesn't have a "macro" function. (for those who don't know, a camera set to "macro" can take extreme closeups with ease. Any other focus setting causes the picture to come out blurry and unfocused.)

My camera phone has a zoom option, but I don't know if it's the same as that "macro" you mentioned. The quality of pictures taken with zoom seem to be similar to standard ones. It's a Motorola V360, and it wasn't that much expensive, I guess that's why it takes so blurry and annoying pictures. :lol:
Last edited by Lleonard Pler on Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:58 pm

Lleonard Pler wrote:I read again the scenario ending, and I misunderstood it the first time. It's a cat disguised as a dog or something like that. And PenPen happens to hate cats.

This just raises further questions! How can a cat disguise be disguised as a robot dog?!

Lleonard Pler
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Lleonard Pler » Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:01 pm

NAveryW wrote:
Lleonard Pler wrote:I read again the scenario ending, and I misunderstood it the first time. It's a cat disguised as a dog or something like that. And PenPen happens to hate cats.

This just raises further questions! How can a cat disguise be disguised as a robot dog?!

Who knows! To add further mistery, PenPen obtains it by collecting coupons from Juice cans. He also gets some ugly mobile straps of a Dried Man this way. :lol:

IronChair
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby IronChair » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:22 pm

^ hi Lleonard! Thanks for helping me loads with this game on gamefaqs. The FAQ you've written is awesome and needs to be completed. :wink:

I'm just posting here with the hope that someone else could provide me with more insight as to how to get Rei's ' best ' ending ( Blue scenario screen + smiling ). Lleonard's been great and trying to help me, but for whatever reason i still cannot get it. ._.

If i post the endings i got plus the roughly what happened, could someone help see where i went wrong? :x

Cheers

~at0mic punk~
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby ~at0mic punk~ » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:48 pm

Ok, so is there anyone out there who still wants to talk about this game?
Metal Gear Rank List
MGS:TS-Big Boss
MGS2:Substance-Bat
MGS3:Subsistance-Bat
MGS4:Guns of the Patriots-Eagle

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

•      
  •      

Postby chee » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:51 pm

I do.

~at0mic punk~
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby ~at0mic punk~ » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:53 pm

Nice, so what endings have you gotten so far?
Metal Gear Rank List

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

•      
  •      

Postby chee » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:29 am

Actually, I was hoping someone else could tell us; I was just saying that I wanted to talk about it because i'm just as much in the dark as you are.

~at0mic punk~
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby ~at0mic punk~ » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:15 pm

Well I have the game, and I understand most of the endings

*Spoiler* Shinji's first one is he beats the mass production Evas and stops third impact, his second one is he is now comfortable with his life in Tokyo-3, Rei's is she kills herself while inside Lilith, she refuses Gendo and saves humanity, Asuka's is (well for me, I may be wrong) is she goes through Instrumentality like Shinji did in ep 25-26 and finds herself, Misato shoots Gendo and stops third impact, Gendo's is Yui(who is for some reason in Rei's GROWN UP body) and Shinji are the only ones left. Ritsuko's is she makes Gendo fall in love with her, Kaji's is he takes a train to some far off land and leaves the truth with Misato, he also leaves to protect her, Toji's is he stops third impact, Hikari's is Toji not losing any limbs and is OK, and lastly Kaworu's is he takes the angels, maybe Lilith, and goes to another place to protect th humans.
Metal Gear Rank List

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:30 pm

Kaworu's actually seems like it's probably the best. In terms of "least tragic", I mean.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”