Spoiler-Free Support / Trauma Center

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:32 pm

View Original Postbobbyfischer's ghost wrote:I can't believe you've held out so long.

I can't believe people believe that it's in any way hard to hold out.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:04 pm

Are the Wikipedia pages for the other Rebuild movies still safe, or have they been retroactively updated with spoilery information?
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:57 pm

A quick scan of the differences in the 2.0 page between now and 11th November shows nothing but trivial churn, and certainly nothing Q related.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Oenara
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Oenara » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:52 pm

All right, while it’s doubtful whether any spoiler überpurists are still hanging around EGF, just in case … someone mentions the overall tone of 3.0 on page 5 of the thread about the BD/DVD release date. No plot spoilers (and film staff publicly discussed the tone of 3.0 before it even finished production), but if you decided to avoid even the no-spoiler reactions and reviews, avoid that page.

By the way, if any unspoilered folks haven’t read the no-spoilers Q reaction thread yet, I advise against it. (If you're a total purist, same goes for the no-spoilers OST thread.) Despite the title, there’s stuff in there that’s vaguely spoilery, and vague half-spoilers can become real spoilers if you see enough of them and put the pieces together.

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:40 am

@Oenara I've been avoiding the reactions and OST threads as well, but isolated instances like the one in the DVD release thread don't really bother me at all. As we've seen in this forum, Eva is very good at generating a wide variety of responses. Just look at all the discussion over the meaning of EoE's ending. In light of this, seeing someone's one-word description of his/her experience with 3.0 won't influence my perception of the movie one bit.

Plot point spoilers are a different story....
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

Oenara
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Oenara » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:28 am

@riffraff11235 Yeah, most people won't mind brief vague reactions (fwiw, my post wasn't aimed at you or anyone else in particular). It just occurred to me that there could still be a few überpurists left; after all, I was one for a few hours on November 17… ^_^

As long as you're not a total purist (= doesn't want to know anything but the film title), you can safely read the OST thread. I reread the entire thing to make sure, and while there are a few comments on the tone of the film, as you'd expect in a music thread, nothing strikes me as remotely plot-suggestive (of course, I don't know the plot :tongue:). But it's a good idea to avoid the Q reaction thread if you want to play it safe.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”