anyone into tea?

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

tinybro
Embryo

anyone into tea?

•      
  •      

Postby tinybro » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:33 pm

using adagio's custom blend's creator, i've been making evangelion-inspired tea blends and the first of them has been tested and made public over here.

let me know if you're gonna buy it (or anything from the site, really) and i can give you a $5 gift certificate to save you some money!

it costs me $10 to buy and thus test a new blend, but you can get a $10 gift certificate to the site through various means (including people buying your blends or using gift certificates you send them), and i am somewhat poor at the moment, so i think i'll be holding Rei's blend hostage until i've gained the few extra points needed to get that gift certificate.

EDIT: each blend will be added here as they're made public, for those who don't feel like searching through the whole post.

Rei

Asuka

Shinji

MARI

KAWORU

KAWOSHIN
Last edited by tinybro on Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Agentomega » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:49 pm

Oh my god, yes please. I love tea, and that particular blend sounds scrumdiddlyumptious. Reckon I'll be getting a 6oz tin. Thank you for being amazing :D (also that label art is brilliant, and the description positively hilarious)
Avatar: Rhoe Amariyo (© 2010-2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. FINAL FANTASY X|V)
Karigane Shirou in LoL's RP - Rebuild of Evangelion: We Are (Not) Together
"'I was a nerd before it was cool' ~Agent" ~Lance of LoL

GetOvaDaBridge
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby GetOvaDaBridge » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:07 pm

Considering how much Eva is a giant cash cow for Gainax/Khara with all it's merchandising. I'm astonished that there isn't an official Eva themed tea set yet. ^_^

Though as a bit of a tea connoisseur myself, I would consider trying out the Mari themed blend, if given the chance. Sounds delish.

tinybro
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby tinybro » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:09 pm

View Original PostAgentomega wrote:Oh my god, yes please. I love tea, and that particular blend sounds scrumdiddlyumptious. Reckon I'll be getting a 6oz tin. Thank you for being amazing :D (also that label art is brilliant, and the description positively hilarious)

thank you on all accounts! :> and if you order within the next 24 hours, go ahead and use the code "6916925791" in the gift certificate field to get $5 off!

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:18 pm

Thanks for the link, I've put a news post up on the front page: http://www.evageeks.org/2013/01/evangelion-inspired-tea-at-adagio/

tinybro
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby tinybro » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:45 am

Rei's blend is now public! took me a while to get to test it and adjust the blend as needed, but here's something for fans of herbal teas.

Asuka's blend will be next, once again once i hit the 100 point mark (and i'm already halfway there too)!

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:57 am

You deserve a round of applause from all us tea-lovers, tinybro! This is probably one of the best fan made things I've seen thus far! Do you also make the awesome label illustrations?

Also, as an Asuka fan, I can't wait for your Asuka blend. I can already guess some of the flavors you might use....
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:01 am

These both sound very interesting. I'm going to have to order some when I can.
"If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid." - Me
"Has anyone ever told you how pretty your eyes are?" - Akio's most famous line.
Akio in Lance of LoL's Rebuild RP
Steam/PSN: MAGI_01 Origin: MAGI_02
Interested in a FMA based RP? Then check this out!

tinybro
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby tinybro » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:01 am

View Original Postriffraff11235 wrote:You deserve a round of applause from all us tea-lovers, tinybro! This is probably one of the best fan made things I've seen thus far! Do you also make the awesome label illustrations?

Also, as an Asuka fan, I can't wait for your Asuka blend. I can already guess some of the flavors you might use....

yup, illustrations and label design are also by me! and thank you, hope i don't disappoint!

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Agentomega » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:49 am

MOAR TEA YAY! Seriously, Chamomile is another one of my favorites. It's like you know how to get me hook, line and sinker XD
Avatar: Rhoe Amariyo (© 2010-2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. FINAL FANTASY X|V)
Karigane Shirou in LoL's RP - Rebuild of Evangelion: We Are (Not) Together
"'I was a nerd before it was cool' ~Agent" ~Lance of LoL

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:09 pm

Just bought a 3 oz pouch of both.

Can't wait for the Asuka blend.
"If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid." - Me
"Has anyone ever told you how pretty your eyes are?" - Akio's most famous line.
Akio in Lance of LoL's Rebuild RP
Steam/PSN: MAGI_01 Origin: MAGI_02
Interested in a FMA based RP? Then check this out!

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:19 pm

Oh. My. God. I'm going to buy this as soon as I can.

user-02
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby user-02 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:36 pm

Awesome work all around on both of these blends.

I feel like the Asuka blend will need to be pretty hot & spicy. Maybe cinnamon, maybe ginger, etc.

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:38 pm

View Original Postuser-02 wrote:I feel like the Asuka blend will need to be pretty hot & spicy. Maybe cinnamon, maybe ginger, etc.

"Hot and spicy" was the first thing that came to mind in my case as well. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if tinybro threw in some paprika for good measure! :lol:
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

user-02
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby user-02 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:40 pm

View Original Postriffraff11235 wrote:"Hot and spicy" was the first thing that came to mind in my case as well. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if tinybro threw in some paprika for good measure! :lol:

Stranger things have made good combinations. :)

Have you ever had dark chocolate with hot chili pepper? It's excellent. I feel like a blend with chocolate chips, chili pepper, and maybe some cloves and cinnamon, would work really well on a base of rooibos ("red" tea, which would be fitting in this case).

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:51 pm

^ Hot cocoa with some red pepper and cinnamon is excellent. :drool:
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:05 am

View Original PostAngelNo13Bardiel wrote:^ Hot cocoa with some red pepper and cinnamon is excellent. :drool:

You're making me hungry with all of this chocolate talk. To eat, or not to eat? That is the question. :conscience:

tinybro
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby tinybro » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:22 am

good to know i'm on the right track with the spicy part, as that is indeed what i'm going for :> i'm limited with the options though (chili pepper and paprika are both unavailable, sorry!) so i'm taking this a slightly different direction. but ordering Asuka's test pouch soon, so that'll go public once i've gotten a chance to try it and make any adjustments necessary!

and ugh don't even tempt me with the chocolate thing. i personally love anything chocolately or sweet but i'm trying to keep some variety to these blends instead of just tweaking them all to my tastes. otherwise they'd all be some form of chocolate ; ;

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:40 pm

This is awesome. I approve.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Lavinius » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:42 pm

Please hurry, I wish I could drink my Asuka.
~ibi cubávit Lamia, et invénit sibi reiquiem~

Return to “Fan Works”