[RP] Rebuild of Evangelion

General Role-Playing and collective works.

Moderator: Board Staff

BlackberryMilk
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby BlackberryMilk » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:35 pm

The inside of her eyelids was a warm coral, with small specks of light coming through her long eyelashes. She felt sore, but there was no evidence of sedation or IV; she was free from all connecting tubes and needles.

"Wh-where... where am I?"

Immediately Doctors and nurses careened in with questions and charts. Her small frail arms lifted, the scars inspected and gently prodded. She saw her arms and felt frightened, but the feeling eased away once the doctors voice rose.

"Hello child, you are in the hospital! You are in here because-"

He cut his sentence short and looked towards a large conspicuous mirror on the wall, he nodded his head in acknowledgment and began speaking again:

"Because you had small falling accident when you were training."

Katla's eyes lit up immediately as she bolted upright, and placed the palms of her hands between her legs, resting down on them with a bright smile.

"How is she? My unit I mean!"

The room stayed quiet with puzzled looks when the door opened, and a familiar face walked in with a bouquet of flowers.

"Your unit is in wonderful condition, calibrated and ready for anything..."

Pilot 03's eyes grew large in excitement, she threw the blankets off of her legs and ran to the man. Still weak her legs buckled beneath her, but the mans arms reached out for steady footing in time. Kat let out a chuckle, and raised her voice loud enough so the whole room could hear:

"Looks like I don't have a LEG to stand on yet!" And the small girl continued hugging Commander Owen, full of bright white smiles; with uneasy laughter from everyone in the room. But never has a greater laugh been heard from the Commander and the small girl in a long time. The laughter however, was cut short when Katla's voice perked up asking an innocent question:

"Commander Owen! How on Earth did you have to the time to fly here to the Bethany base?"
PSN: HTMLOL

Lance of LoL
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Lance of LoL » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:05 pm

Shiori stared down the barrel of the gun as the driver grinned at her. He levelled the pistol at her head, ready to spread the First Child's brains across the rear window, but as he depressed the trigger, a faint crack broke the tense silence. The driver's hand quivered before dropping the pistol, turning around, he gingerly pressed his hand to his chest before removing it, staring at the blot of crimson in his palm. Looking up, he could see the tiny spider web of cracks across his wind shield and the black pin prick hovering in the distance. Time seemed to hold its breath for a moment, as the man processed the event. Several more sounds, the whispers of soaring bullets, the repeated phut phut phut as flowers of red blossomed across the driver's chest in rapid succession. The man slumped back in his seat, his head on his chest.

Two doors opened in unison, as men in full riot gear and face masks dragged the bodies from the vehicle. One held Shiori by the elbow, pulling her to her feet while the other pulled thr driver out into the dirt. He stared at the body for a moment before nodding to the other. The man hold Shiori reached up to his ear.

"This is Echo Papa Whiskey, Detachment Zero One. Package is secure, target has been neutralized." In the distance, the black speck the driver had seen grew larger and larger, as a pitch black helicopter came into view. The radio on the man's chest buzzed as the reply filled the air.

"Roger that Detachment Zero One. That was too close for comfort. Verify Target." The man looked to his compatriot, who quickly knelt down and frisked the body out of Shiori's line of sight. Standing up again, he held aloft a bloodied I.D.

"Bastard! He's one of ours." he exclaimed.

"No, he's not, he's a spy. Which means Vander missed one, maybe more." the man by Shiori growled in response. He turned to the girl as if finally noticing he had pulled her from the car.

"Miss Takatsuki, on behalf of Section Two I apologise for the delay and having you witness that, the chopper will take you back to Headquarters for a full debrief and psyche evaluation." he explained simply as the helicopter lowered carefully onto the narrow road. The man gestured towards it, inviting Shiori to get onboard.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Akio's fist soared for Isaac's face. A fight between the two seemed inevitable. Akio felt betrayed by his friend, meanwhile Isaac held onto a demeanor not unlike his distant father as the two faced one another. However, the punch impacted about a foot short, caught in the iron grip of Major Kiyoshi Miki, a vein throbbing in her forehead as she smiled at them.

"Excuse me boys, but I do believe we need to set some ground rules around here. For starters, no rough housing, got it?" The Major's smile became that much more forced as her grip tightened to vice like on Akio's fist. It was easy to see the discomfort on his face as he tried to hide the pain coursing up his arm. The Major's other hand, which had but a moment ago been clutching a first aid kit snaked its way up and took a firm grip of Isaac's ear.

"Secondly, there is such a thing as 'Classified Information'. Which is not so classified when you two are yelling and brawling about it on the beach." All semblance of mirth had disappeared from Kiyoshi's face.

"Finally, and this is most important, so pay attention. THIS IS A GOD DAMN DAY OFF, SO ACT LIKE IT!!!" With one rage fuelled motion the Major hurled both boys into the sand, now thoroughly fed up. Shirou stood awestruck for a moment, looking away from the devastation just in time to catch the first aid kit soaring towards him.

"Shirou, patch them up then tell them to find a hard surface to sit seiza on until I say to stop! I'm going to get a tan or so help me..." Kiyoshi marched away muttering irritably to herself as the trio of pilots recovered from their ordeal.

Qi's vision returned as Tokei sat up. To other people this situation would likely appear awkward, but the two simply exchanged looks before the girl got to her feet. Qi looked down at his foot, moving it slightly to test the injury. It was painful, but it didn't seem to be broken, it would last through the operation. After all, its not like he needed his foot that much to pilot the Eva. Tokei offered her hand, derailing Qi's train of thought. Reaching up, he took it and she helped him to his feet.

"We should probably go." she said, pulling him in the direction of Vander. Qi looked towards Raglan and noticed the phone in his hand, but the other boy's use for the device was lost on him. Focusing on not straining his foot any more, he allowed himself to be pulled along, somewhat confused by Tokei's continued grip on his hand. As they passed down through the bridge, they heard snippets of an argument.

"How in blazes do you forget a shockwave?!"

"I'm sorry, it wasn't in the projections, I'm not an engineer!"

"Oh that's your excuse for everything Doctor. 'I have all the answers until I need to put up a shelf!'"

"Hey now, I'm dealing with dropping an Eva from orbit, do you get how difficult that is? Or have you been drinking too much sea water?!" The sound faded as they continued down the stairs and into the open air once more.

The group walked out onto the deck where a helicopter was spinning up to take them over to the other ships. Vander smiled as he started laying out the situation.

"Okay kids, here's the deal. The Arc has splashed down, but since getting an Eva to float is pretty arduous to begin with, trying to get the whole thing to stay on the surface wasn't going to happen. So we aimed Mark.06 for a relatively shallow part of the ocean." Vander began as they were loaded into the helicopter.

"Unit-04 will take the entry plug with Raglan in it down to the Arc from the Magami. We're filling it with LCL ahead of time so you won't have to worry about conserving air or equalizing your pressure, but you're going to be in the dark in there, so try not to panic." he continued happily as they started to lift off.

"Meanwhile, over on the Kaidou, Unit-07 will be lowered with a power supply for the Mark. 06. The basic idea is to tear open the Arc, insert Raglan and the power supply, then help him back up to the Kabuto where he'll be stored for return. After that, we'll use one of you again to go get Mark.06's armaments and then home for dinner." Vander finished up his explanation with a pleasant grin. Qi raised an eyebrow at this.

"But Sir, neither Unit-04 or Unit-07 have been equipped with D-type equipment." he raised the point.

"Oh, well, slight problem, there was no way to load cranes that would take the weight of three Evas plus D-type equipment, but it's calculated that the depth shouldn't be enough to cause you any real harm, I mean we're sending Raglan down there in an entry plug." Vander laughed nervously, clearly unsure himself if it was entirely safe. Qi turned to stare at the Sixth Child.

"That's acceptable then." he said simply as the chopper neared the Kaidou.

The hospital room was quiet after Katla's question, the doctors looking uneasily between one another. One stepped forward and whispered to the Commander, Owen nodding in response. Leaning down until he was eye level with the girl, he smiled.

"I didn't. While you were out I had them transfer you here to Japan so I could keep an eye on you myself. I've already had your things sent over to a dorm for when you're out of hospital. There are even other pilots there. I've cleared everything with Theo for your stay, so don't worry and just focus on getting better, okay?" he smiled, caressing Katla's head. Standing up again, he straightened his suit.

"If you'll excuse me Katla, I have to go deal with something, important business, you understand." he told her in a soothing tone before turning to the doctor. "See to it that she gets all the rest she needs." he said authoritatively before stepping out.

Carter leaned against the wall, his book held open in his palm as usual.

"What did they say?" he asked simply.

"An effect of being on the medication again, the times when she wasn't lucid will all seem like a blur to her, but should come back given time. I think it's best we keep her away from the school for a time, let her readjust. Have Kiyoshi explain to the pilots that under no circumstances are they to address her memory loss. We don't want her to become stressed." The Commander laid out his plan for his second in command before turning to leave.

"Owen." Carter spoke, halting the man in his tracks.

"Yes?"

"You're still holding the flowers." A small smile played on the man's lips. The Commander wheeled around and thrust them towards him. The Vice-Commander took them cautiously.

"Put them in water and leave them by her bed. I need to check on the operation." Owen ordered before leaving.

The ships came to a gentle halt in the water. Units 04 and 07 being prepared to drop into the depths below. Aboard the Kabuto, Vander stood after dropping off the pilots, directing the operation.

"Alright, comms lines with Tabgha are open. Beginning transmission. Do you hear me Steve?" Vander announced, motioning like the conductor of an orchestra only he could see.

"... Yeah, we got you Vander. Audio is a bit behind for range, but otherwise, we're good." the radio crackled as Tabgha's Commander came in loud and clear.

"Excellent, how are preparations?" The Section Two head smiled.

"In position, co-ordinates locked for three miles south of your position, it's faster, but for all the size of it it shouldn't cause much more turbulence than the Arc. Call when ready." Steve's voice rang with the confidence he had in this plan. Vander sighed a little, he remembered the shock wave not five minutes ago.

"Alright Steve, I'll get back to you. Everyone, begin Operation Nadia." he beamed. On the Kaidou and Magami, the winches started up, lowering the Evas into the Ocean.

Within Unit-07, the water passed by Qi's view uninterrupted. The chinese pilot simply staring across the abyss at Unit-04 clutching the Mark.06 entry plug in its hand. His own Eva trailing hundreds of meters of cable behind it thanks to the plug. Sighing, Qi brought up the comms line, seeing a tiny portrait of Tokei come up on his screen.

"Beginning descent. Power Supply ready. How's the entry plug?" he asked, leaning back. Despite the serious situation of the mission, it was not what he was trained for. Seeing things die, being caught in a fire fight, slitting people's throats when they least expected it were much more his speed. Instead, they were lowering the Fifth Child into the ocean bed like a grossly oversized piñata to salvage another Eva from the wreck. Qi wasn't displeased, he wasn't allowed to be. It was the mission and that was it, but he certainly couldn't call himself happy at the matter either and the slow drop into darkness left him with far more time for dwelling than he was comfortable with right now.
Last edited by Lance of LoL on Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avatar: MAKE WAY FOR THE HOMO SUPERIOR!

>>>>Rebuild of Evangelion RP "If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough."~Meister Eckhart<<<<

Nuke-kun: I know not of this "civil conversation" bullshit you speak of.

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Agentomega » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:55 pm

(Recommended BGM – Nadia OST 1: Nautilus gou, Oounabara wo Yuku)

Shirou had been preparing to restrain Akio as the punch flew toward Isaac, but it never connected. He gasped, as none other than the Major had interposed herself between the quarreling pilots. He hadn’t observed her approach, and she looked positively terrifying. That there was a smile on her face did nothing to alleviate this perception. Nay, it may even well have been the source of the dark aura he felt.

“Excuse me boys, but I do believe we need to set some ground rules around here. For starters, no rough housing, got it?”

Shirou was almost compelled to answer, but then remembered that he wasn’t actually a participant in the tussle.

“Secondly, there is such a thing as 'Classified Information'. Which is not so classified when you two are yelling and brawling about it on the beach.”

Shirou didn’t think the Major could possibly seem scarier. He thought wrong. The Major’s smile disappeared completely, and now she was without a doubt furious. He made a note to never get on her bad side. It appeared even worse when she grabbed Isaac by the ear.

“Finally, and this is most important, so pay attention. THIS IS A GOD DAMN DAY OFF, SO ACT LIKE IT!!!”

The distance she threw the boys was rather impressive, given the poor initial positions of all subjects involved. He began analyzing the situation and calculating force diagrams, at least until he noticed the first aid kit incoming.

“Shirou, patch them up then tell them to find a hard surface to sit seiza on until I say to stop! I'm going to get a tan or so help me...”

He nodded at her receding back mutely. The customary “Yes ma’am” may have been interpreted as snarky though intended as a true acknowledgement. He was too dumbstruck to think of anything else to say.

The sound of shuffling sand behind him called him back to awareness, and he turned to see Isaac starting to get up.

Shirou grinned sheepishly. “Sorry guys, but I am going to do as she said. Now, who’s first?” He held up the first aid kit.

Isaac was now on his feet, so he turned and started heading in the opposite direction the Major had.

“Hey, get back here,” Shirou exclaimed.

Isaac turned and gave him a withering glance. “I appreciate your concern Shirou, but I’m ok. Besides,” he said, glaring at the still-sitting Akio, “I think it’d be in everyone’s best interest if I were to leave.” He turned to leave again.

Shirou’s mind was working furiously. He had every intention to do as the Major said, not just to follow orders, but at an attempt to remedy this situation between Isaac and Akio. He lit upon the tiniest thread of an idea, and went to work on it.

“Not really,” he replied nonchalantly. “I mean, just think about it – if I don’t treat those, they could get infected. All sorts of flesh eating bacteria could get into your scrapes, and then they’d start to get necrotic. It’s in your best interest to stay, I should think.”

Oh lord, what? There’s no way that will work.

Isaac let out a sigh and turned back once more with a nod. “Somehow I think no matter how much I would try to leave, you would stop me until you had your way.” He chuckled a bit.

Shirou gave him a wry grin. “Something like that.”

He opened the med kit, fished out the necessary materials and began to patch Isaac up. It was fairly simple – antiseptic wipe, followed by some gauze with Neosporin and medical tape. “Let me know if it feels too tight.”

“No, it’s fine…” Isaac trailed off. After a few moments, he grinned at Shirou. “How many weeks do I have to live? Give me to it straight, Doc.”

Shirou let out a chuckle. “Pfft hahahaha. You’ll make a full recovery. Be sure to get plenty of bed rest, and avoid doing anything around Valda,” he said with a grin. “Now, the Major wants you to sit seiza for some time and I’m going to follow through on that, buuuuuut,” he said with a tone of mischief creeping into his voice, “She also said to act like it was a day off. Head over to Tomoko, we’ve got a game set up.”

Isaac looked over to Tomoko, then back to Shirou. “Fair enough.” He started making his way over to the girl.

(Recommended BGM – Evangelion 2.0 OST: Instabilité: Orchestre)

Shirou turned his attention to Akio, and began to bandage him as well. “Let me know if it’s too tight.”

Akio nodded. “Okay,” he muttered with quiet despondency.

Shirou watched Isaac recede a bit further before speaking in a softer tone. “Hey, since I’ve got you captive at the moment, mind if I say something?”

Akio looked up at Shirou. “Sure, go ahead.”

"Well... Promise to hear me out on this one." Shirou took a deep breath. "The truth is... I think we all knew about what happened with that Angel. To give Isaac the benefit of the doubt, I've seen what it's like to have to tell someone about a catastrophe they are involved with."

Several policemen stand above Shirou. He looks around at everyone with tears on his face, as though searching for someone. His father is there. He asks, “What’s happening? What’s going on?” The officers glance between themselves before one nods. The others return it as he steps forward. Shirou can’t hear the words, but he instantly sees his father’s face drop. His spirited bear of a father openly weeps. He barely notices, but the policemen can meet neither of their eyes, a pained look on all their faces.

"None of us wanted to put you through that. While I don't like how either of you acted just now, I can see the rationale behind it. And... we're comrades, friends. I... think you should apologize to Isaac. Not because you're wrong or anything, but it is kind of the first step to ending an argument, no?"

“Yeah, you’re right,” Akio said quietly.

Shirou finished bandaging Akio and helped him to his feet. “And there you have it! Take two tablets and call me in the morning,” Shirou grinned.

Akio looked over the bandages. “Thanks Shirou.” He took a deep breath. “Sorry I snapped at you earlier… it’s just…”

“Don’t sweat it. I kind of know what you’re going through.”

Akio nodded, but his face seemed to fall.

“Hey, are you okay?”

“Yeah, I’m fine.” Akio smiled at him, but he let out a terrible sniffle characteristic of the onset of sadness.

Shirou paused. Akio was clearly not fine. “This is going to seem highly improper and absurdly foreign, but I think you need this.”

Shirou gave Akio a hug. It was almost comical, the shorter boy trying to console the taller. However, the necessity became apparent when Akio began to sob.

“I’m a horrible person… I should never have even come here.”

"Hey, hey, don't say that. There's no way in hell you could have known about the Angel. You've been a good friend to me, and you're going out with Tomoko right? Means you can't be all that bad, eh?"

“Still… look at what I’ve done…”

"Uh-uh. Not you, the Angel. First step with that is to make the distinction. It's not like you caused that series of events to happen..." Shirou trailed off. "Right," he said abruptly, "only thing to do now is prepare for Angels in the future. Well, technically, only thing to do now is to go play a game of Catan in the seiza position." Shirou first realized he was rambling. He then remembered he was still hugging Akio. He coughed to the side. "Sound good?"

"Yeah." Akio sniffled.

"Alright then," said Shirou cheerfully, giving him a pat on the back before breaking away from him. "I think you'll like this game."

The two began walking back to Isaac and Tomoko.
Avatar: Rhoe Amariyo (© 2010-2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. FINAL FANTASY X|V)
Karigane Shirou in LoL's RP - Rebuild of Evangelion: We Are (Not) Together
"'I was a nerd before it was cool' ~Agent" ~Lance of LoL

Atropos
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Atropos » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:27 am

Although she had not intended it, Shiori now found herself at the beach. The men in black who had found her were gone, and all they had told her was: "Stick with the group."

She was still thinking about the cabbie who had tried to kill her. The MIBs had said he was a spy, but how likely was it that a spy would kill a spy? How would anyone from another organization know whether or not she was a spy?

Pushing the thoughts out of her head, she began to walk down the beach. Already the light was beginning to fade, and they would have to leave soon…a pity, considering she had just arrived.

She saw something going down further on. The pilots plus Akio's girlfriend had broken into two groups: one consisting of Isaac and Tomoko, the other with Akio and Shirou. Based on Akio's expression, a fight had just taken place. Shiori didn't want to get messed up in that, so she advanced further on until she came across the commander.

"What the fuck happened?" she said, and fell face first onto a towel.

Aggroxcraig
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Aggroxcraig » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:30 pm

Standing besides Shirou, Isaac gave the fellow pilot a smile and started to actually relax on this day off. The way the sun felt was amazing as he flexed his toes in between the sand. Isaac turned to Shirou and before he could say anything, Isaac heard Tomoko calling out to him and Shirou. “Hey! What’s up!”

"I was teaching Isaac to swim," said Shirou while glancing over at Isaac. "... But I think we're calling it quits for now."

Isaac let out a small chuckle and brushed the back of his head. "Yeah, I'm not exactly the best at swimming. At least I can survive being out in the water thanks to Shirou."

Isaac looked over at Tomoko who just smiled. Although she didn't seem like the sharpest tool in the shed she was at least nice. "Don't worry! You will get better at it!" She turned to Akio who is clearly avoided any contact eye contact with Isaac said, "Right?"

"Yeah." Akio says quietly while clenching his hand into a fist.

Shirou glances between Isaac and Akio. "So how about you guys? What are you up to?"

"We... went for a swim" Akio said hesitantly.

"Yep!" Tomoko said as though she was oblivious to Akio being upset.

"When in Rome, right?" Shirou said with a grin.

Tomoko nodded to the response and said, “So, what do you guys want to do? She asked.

"Well, I know Shirou brought some board games and sand castle stuff." Isaac said while pointing towards Shirou's bag.

"Yeah," Shirou added brightly, "I brought stuff like Catan, D&D, Chinese Checkers, Monopoly..." He continued to ramble.

“Yeah, sounds great. Let’s play one of those.” Akio said, his voice laced with anger.

Tomoko turned to him. "What's wrong? You sound like you are upset."

“Oh don’t worry. It’s nothing!” Akio said as he tried to brush her question off.

Isaac looked over at Akio and raised an eyebrow. What is he upset about? Isaac thought as he looked over at his fellow pilot. Maybe Tomoko said something? Or maybe he got a sunburn or something. Looking over at Shirou, Isaac gave him a smile and a pat on the back. "Hey Shirou, why don't you set up a game.” Isaac said as he then looked over at Akio and continued to say, “Akio, come over for second..."

Walking away from the group, Isaac could hear Shirou's footsteps move towards his bag. Isaac in his mind tried to think what could be bugging Akio. Granted, Isaac doesn't know Akio all too well but he should be able to decipher what was bugging him. This reminds me of talking to my friends back at him about their girl problems. I never thought I would actually miss that type of drama. Isaac thought while waiting for Akio to come over. Isaac looked at Akio's movement as he told something to Tomoko before heading over towards him. Akio was obviously upset and anyone with a bit of common sense could tell. As Akio approached, Isaac gave Akio a friendly grin. "Hey are you alright? Is Tomo talking too much or something? Hehe I swear, that girl seems to do nothing but talk."

“No, it’s not her.” He paused. “I’m not alright Isaac… I… why… why didn’t you tell me what happened?” Akio said in a bitter tone.

Isaac raised his eye brow as he tried to think about what might be upsetting Akio. "Wait, what are you talking about?"

“The incident with Unit-03!” Akio yelled.

Isaac cleared his throat and looked around. Thankfully there wasn't too many people around and that words 'Unit-03' wasn't exactly common knowledge to others regarding the Evangelions. "I thought we already talked about that...it wasn't your fault remember." Isaac said as he recalled their previous conversation with one another in the hospital.

+++++++++

“Angel? What the? You mean it wasn’t all just a bad dream? Isaac… what happened?!”

"Listen, before I tell you anything let's make something clear. This wasn't your fault. Promise me you won't feel sorry for yourself.”

“I’ll try… please tell me what happened.”

"...Alright. There was an Angel that took control of Unit-03. It attacked the city where the tests were taken place and it damaged the city. Valda and I managed to get rid of the Angel."

“…Was anybody hurt?”

"Yes, but it wasn't your fault. Ok?"

“So that was not a dream then? The…Angel…it was in my head! That…son of a bitch was in my head Isaac!”

"...Whether it was a dream or not, don't let whatever happened dictate your actions. We need you."

+++++++++

“Yeah, I know it wasn’t my fault! What I want to know is why you kept me in the dark about how badly people were hurt!” Akio clenched his hands.

Isaac looked away from Akio and towards the red water. As he looked at it, he remembered his dream from this morning. Still staring at the ocean Isaac said, "What was I supposed to tell you? Tell you it was your fault and blame you for something that obviously wasn't? People are going to die...hell some of us might die too...."

Akio fell silent for a moment. “I know that, but…” He paused. “That still does not excuse you from not telling me! You had to have known I would have found out sooner or later.” He took a step towards Isaac.

Ignoring Akio's advance, Isaac felt time slowly stop as he thought on how to handle this situation. No matter what I say he'll just feel sorry for himself over that last battle. Isaac thought while thinking still about that last battle. He remembered running away and how he felt sorry for himself while Valda was fighting the Angel by herself. She knew what she needed to do. Isaac was just a damn coward. He felt his heart beat as he remembered the last thing Valda said to him that day before he ran like a coward.
+++++++++

“Kenny, listen to me. Our opponent is an Angel, an Angel that has taken over Evangelion unit 03…This Bastard has dared to take one of ours, one of mine! So look at me and listen up! Not only are we going to annihilate this cowardly monster, We are going to save Akio! NOW MAN THE HELL UP AND DO YOUR DAMN JOB! I’LL BE DAMNED BEFORE I LET THIS SON OF A BITCH TAKE ANY OF MY PILOTS! THAT INCLUDES YOU! SO GET MOVING AND STAY THE HELL OUT OF MY WAY!”

+++++++++

Valda's voice in Isaac's head rang as he looked away from the ocean and at Akio. Isaac knew that what he was about to do would probably not only get Akio mad at him, but perhaps the other pilots upset with him as well. Isaac knew how Akio felt. He remembered feeling that way with the first Angel fight and how Shiori getting injured was his fault. He remembered how it was his fault for leaving Valda to fight that infected Unit-03 by herself. He remembered the white haired doppelganger in his mind and what happened in his state of limbo. Isaac looked up at Akio and did his best Owen Kenny impression as he stared at the vulnerable Akio saying, "Get over it. It doesn't matter how you found out. I told you what happened so be grateful...."

Akio stood shocked by Isaac’s words. “I… I…” He hung his head.

I'm sorry Akio. I can't stand you hating yourself over something that wasn't your fault. Isaac thought as he continued to coldly speak to Akio, trying to channel Akio's anger from himself to Isaac. "The longer you dwell on whatever happened to you, the more useless you are as a pilot. We can't babysit you over something that wasn't your fault. So get over it or go back home."

Akio balled up his hands and started to shake. “I thought you were my friend… I trusted you!”

Isaac looked away from Akio. God damn it....I'm sorry. "We were brought here to defend the world not to be friends." Isaac thought about his words as he knew what he said was the truth. They were only here to defend the world. If there wasn't any Angels or Evangelions, would they even be friends? That thought had crossed Isaac's mind from time to time and he always defaulted to the answer being no. They were all too different from one another to have some sort of friendship. The only reason why they are friends (well I guess 'were' friends now) was because of the Evangelion. It was the thing Isaac hated, but it was also the thing that brought them together.

Akio was silent for a moment. “Fine! I’m done trying to be your friend!” Akio pushed Isaac backwards. While taking a couple of steps back, Isaac just continued to stare at Akio as he tried to show how little he cared about the push.

"Alright, what's going on here." asked Shirou sternly. Isaac saw Shirou walk up from his peripheral and stood still.

Akio shot a glance over at Shirou for a moment before turning his attention back to Isaac. “Stay out of this Shirou!”

Shirou was shocked. "Why should I?! We're comrades!"

Isaac looked down at the sand and inside felt ashamed over this. Was he going a bit too far? Probably. Isaac thoughts came to Valda and how she came across him. She was confident and in ways Isaac found that aspect very attractive. She was the one who helped him snap out of feeling sorry for himself. Maybe Akio needs the same thing. "...Stop being such a child." Isaac said as he looked up at Akio, showing a emotionless stare. "By acting like this you are showing no respect for those who died that day. You're lucky that I saved your life..."

Akio took a step back. “You don’t understand…” he muttered quietly. “You don’t fucking understand! Their blood is on my hands because I got in that stupid piece of shit!” He took a step forward.

Isaac continued to look at Akio while his brain processed on what he said. He remembered his conversion with Vander on the train and on what the older womanizer said to him when he didn't want to be a pilot.

++++++++++

"No one deserves to do this! It's not right!"

"No, it's not, it's not right, it's not fair, but it's life. In order to survive we sometimes have to do things we never want to, but we have to.

++++++++++

Thanks to Vander, Isaac was now over the trial he had when he decided whether to be a pilot or not. While Isaac knew that Kiyoshi had ill feelings toward Vander, Isaac on the other hand looked up the man. Isaac stared into Akio's eyes and saw the hate that was aimed towards him. "It isn't fair, but its life. In order to survive we sometimes have to do things we never want to, but we have to."

Akio looked down at the sand. “I…”

There were a few moments of silence as Isaac continued to look at Akio. Before Isaac could do anything, Akio looked back up at Isaac and threw a left hook which connected to Isaac's right cheek bone. Isaac stumbled back and fell down while grabbing his cheek. Damn that really hurt! For a skinny guy he sure knows how to pack a punch. Isaac thought as he looked up at Akio while gritting his teeth in pain. Isaac slowly got up to a knee and said to himself, "I Probably deserved that..." By the time Isaac stood up, he looked over at Akio and hoped that punch helped him forget about his problems for a moment. While rubbing his cheek, Isaac said to Akio, "Let's hope you actually put up that kind of fight against the next Angel and not mope around like it's your entire fault."

“I can give you more if you want!” Akio yelled as he lunged at Isaac, fist drawn back and ready to place another hit.

As Akio's fist was flying through the air, Isaac didn't move for Akio's sake. Isaac remembered the fight that he got into at the arcade with Raglan, Shirou and a few others and how good it felt to hit someone. A few punches never killed any...oh shit! Isaac thought as he saw Kiyoshi snatch Akio's fist nearly a foot away from Isaac's face. Damn it, this isn't good. Kiyoshi smiled, looked at the young pilots and said, “Excuse me boys, but I do believe we need to set some ground rules around here. For starters, no rough housing, got it?”

Instantly Isaac felt his ear get snatched by Kiyoshi as she continued to speak. “Secondly, there is such a thing as 'Classified Information'. Which is not so classified when you two are yelling and brawling about it on the beach.”

Isaac has seen a several scary women in his life like his aunt from time to time, several teachers, a worker at Walmart and Allison Affeltranger's mom when he got caught toilet papering their house but none of them cam close to Kiyoshi. Instantly the fake smile that was on her face was wiped away and replaced by the face of terror that El Diablo himself would be afraid of. “Finally, and this is most important, so pay attention. THIS IS A GOD DAMN DAY OFF, SO ACT LIKE IT!!!”

Isaac was thrown farther than he could ever imagine Kiyoshi could ever throw. As Isaac hit the sand, he slowly got up to see Kiyoshi as she said, “Shirou, patch them up then tell them to find a hard surface to sit seiza on until I say to stop! I'm going to get a tan or so help me...” Shirou picked up the med kit and made his way back to both him and Akio. Shirou approached Akio and Isaac while saying, “Sorry guys, but I am going to do as she said. Now, who’s first?” He held up the first aid kit. I should probably leave before Akio makes another attack Isaac thought as he got up to his feet and started heading in the opposite direction the Major had. “Hey, get back here,” Isaac heard behind him.

Isaac turned and gave him a withering glance. “I appreciate your concern Shirou, but I’m ok. Besides,” he said, staring at the still-sitting Akio, “I think it’d be in everyone’s best interest if I were to leave.” Isaac started to leave again before getting interrupted by Shirou.

“Not really,” he replied nonchalantly. “I mean, just think about it – if I don’t treat those, they could get infected. All sorts of flesh eating bacteria could get into your scrapes, and then they’d start to get necrotic. It’s in your best interest to stay, I should think.”

Isaac let out a sigh and turned back to Shirou as he gave a nod. Isaac knew that Shirou would be persistent on trying to take care of his bruises so he might as well give up. “Somehow I think no matter how much I would try to leave, you would stop me until you had your way.” He chuckled a bit.

Shirou gave him a wry grin. “Something like that.”

As Shirou went through he med kit, Isaac tried his best not to bother him or get Akio even more upset. “Let me know if it feels too tight.” Shirou said while tightening the bandage.

“No, it’s fine…” Isaac trailed off. After a few moments, he grinned at Shirou. “How many weeks do I have to live? Give me to it straight, Doc.” Isaac said trying to be funny with the other boy.

Shirou let out a chuckle. “Pfft hahahaha. You’ll make a full recovery. Be sure to get plenty of bed rest, and avoid doing anything around Valda,” he said with a grin. “Now, the Major wants you to sit seiza for some time and I’m going to follow through on that, buuuuuut,” he said with a tone of mischief creeping into his voice, “She also said to act like it was a day off. Head over to Tomoko, we’ve got a game set up.”

Isaac looked over to Tomoko, then back to Shirou. “Fair enough.” He started making his way over to the girl. At each step Isaac took, he looked at Tomoko just minding her own business. Great...this should be fun. Isaac thought. When Isaac got close enough, he looked down at Tomoko and let out a sigh. "So, Tomoko are you having a good time at the beach?"

"Yeah!" She said with a smile. "I'm so happy that Aki-chan invited me!"

"That's good." Isaac smiled back. "Akio is a good guy." Isaac touched the bruise on his face while looking around for a bit. "So, let me ask you something Tomoko. You've lived here most of your life right?"

"Yeah." Tomoko said while playing with the sand.

This should be interesting. Isaac thought while smiling. "How well do you know Shiori Takatsuki."

Without giving much thought to it, Tomoko responded with ease. "Well, I see her around the school sometimes. People avoid her because she acts kinda weird." I've onlt talked to her a few times in the past, but she seems to be pretty nice."

"Yeah, she's a little strange." Isaac said while fidgeting his feet in the sand.

"You want to go out with her or something?" Tomoko said with a grin.

"W-What? No. I just don't know her and I figure since you've lived here you might know her better than me." Isaac mustered out.

Tomoko giggles. "We have always been in separate classes so I don't know her very well. Have you tried talking to her friends?"

Isaac cringed at the thought. His conversation with her friend didn't go that well. "Sort of. I more or less got yelled at, but it wasn't my fault though." Isaac cleared his throat. "Shiori got mad at me and her friend also yelled at me...so I don't know exactly how to make things better. Hell, I even wrote Shiori a note apologizing about what I said. She was suppose to come to the beach, but I think she slept in or something." Isaac soon realized he was rambling. "Gah, sorry..."

"No don't worry you're fine!" She grins. "Hmmm... that's a tough one."

"So, what I'm getting at...as a girl, what do you like to hear in an apology from somebody else?"

Tomoko thought for a moment. "That they are sorry for what they did and that they will try not to do it again."

Isaac looks at the girl and scoffs a laugh. " If only it were that simple."

"She's probably more simple than you think. Do you know what you did wrong?"

Isaac thought about the conversation that they had and gave a grim look to Tomoko. "Well I asked her why she couldn't be normal and then she started to cry...I'm pretty sure anyone would get mad at someone for saying that." Isaac said as he realized how upset Shiori probably was.

Tomoko frowned. "She's probably upset that you want her to act like someone she's not."

Isaac stood there and slowly sat down on the ground. The girl was right. "Yeah, you're right. Thanks."

"You're welcome" Tomoko smiled.

BPES
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby BPES » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:32 pm

(BGM)

Valda was still sitting in the crimson ocean, the waves around her continuing along their way regardless of the obstruction that was there. No matter how much she raged or how long she waited, those waves would continue to flow as they always had. Valda was tired, she was tired of this confusion, she wasn’t supposed to get confused. She was tired of this pain; she wasn’t supposed to feel this pain. She was tired of everything; everything was supposed to be hers right?

Why had she acted like that? Why had she almost killed Akio? Why had she been so fixated on killing that she had forgotten him?

I wanted to forget, it’s easier to forget.

Why was Katla’s illness such a shock? Why did it bother her? She didn’t even know her, why didn’t she know?

I didn’t want to know, it’s easier not to know.

Wasn’t everything supposed to be fine? Wasn’t it all supposed to go the way she wanted it to? Why did things like this keep coming up?

I want to be alone, it’s easier being alone.

She didn’t know them, why didn’t they come to her? Why was she being ignored? Why didn’t they realise they could trust her? It was her job to protect them! Because they were weak? Because they weren’t as important? Why was it again?

I don’t want to be looked after; it’s easier to look after others.

Why did her unit ignore her? Why did her instincts change her? Why did she enjoy it?

I wanted to win, I absolutely mustn’t lose.

Valda watched idly as yet another wave washed by claiming her reflection for but a moment before it returned. Her crimson mirror, made in the red stained ocean continued to flicker as the waves routinely kept coming. Valda put her hands in the water and let the water move past her fingers.

“This is my world isn’t it? So then why?” Valda muttered before standing and walking back to the beach. Moving over to her stuff she picked up her mask and stared at it. Behind her the waves continued to make noise as they washed up against the shore.

We both know that be We both know that between you and those others, you are far more valuable

“That’s right… that’s what Vater told me we both know that between you and those others, you are far more valuable…”

’So what? You said you nearly made the same mistake. Correct me if I’m wrong, but nearly isn’t quite.’

“Even Vander was saying that… But... I…” Valda muttered.

’Okay is stretching it, but he’s alive and on the mend, that’s all that matters right now.’

“Yeah… that’s right… he’s fine isn’t he? Just like I wanted, right?” Valda muttered again. She looked back at the ocean and tilted her head. Looking at it now, she wondered why it was so maddening to her, everything that had been happening. Surely this was her world, she was strong, great, perfect and every day she had to become even stronger, greater more perfect.

“That’s right… In the end, the enemy was killed and Akio was saved, just like I wanted.” Valda spoke a little louder now.

(BGM)

“Isaac did what I wanted, and so Akio was saved. That’s what I wanted… So then?” Valda began pacing as she tried to follow her disjointed thoughts to an answer, some solution she could accept.

“Yeah, that’s right. I just got angry, those angels, they’re trying to mess everything up for me. So I put them down, but because I didn’t want to kill him… That’s right, Isaac said so? If I had really meant to then I wouldn’t have stopped. Heh… hahaha… yeah… of course. That makes sense right?” Valda asked no one in particular.

“I just wanted to put that stupid monster in its place… yeah… that’s all it was. Akio just got in the way so I ignored him, It’d be pointless to be held back like that. That’s why… but Even so it still went my way, I wanted it to after all, that’s why Isaac managed to remind me. Yeah.” Valda continued as her pacing began to slow.

“And Katla, heck all of them, they haven’t come to me because they’re being respectful. That must be it; they don’t want to put their meagre troubles onto me. That’s got to be it, it has to be.” Valda nodded as her thoughts continued to crash together.

“Hah, of course… why was I letting this bother me for so long? It all makes sense. Hahaha, that’s right… It’s all… so stupidly indescribably utterly SIMPLE!” Valda yelled fist clenched.

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!” Valda laughed loudly. This was correct; this was how it was meant to be. She was the great Valda Krieg, how silly of her to forget that. She was the best, she had to be, there was no alternative.

“Hahahahahahhah haaa…..” Valda’s laughter died down and she wiped the tears from her eyes.
“I must’ve been laughing harder than I thought. Heh…” She muttered before putting her mask back on. Yes this was how it was supposed to be. This was how it was always supposed to be. She had to be this; it was useless to be anything else.

A droplet escaped from behind the mask, falling from her chin.
In my experiance, there's only one thing harder than learning something new... and that is teaching it.

BEEP BEEP MUTHERF******

Live: charleserg7 Steam: aciescaelestis PSN: ChocoBP7

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:00 pm

(BGM)

Akio and Shirou walked along quietly. Only the sound of crashing waves and the occasional sniffle from Akio filled the otherwise silent trek. Shirou’s assuring words did little to lift his mood as he was still sobbing openly as they walked.

Why am I even here? To defend the world? He thought to himself. That’s what I’m supposed to be doing but, instead I…

He felt waves of sadness flow through him as he wiped his eyes.

And now I lost one of my… Well I shouldn’t say that because I guess we never were friends to begin with according to him… it’s just… dammit!

He stopped in his tracks for a moment and kicked at the sandy beach, sending sand flying ahead of him.

Why did this have to happen?! He shouted internally. He looked down at the sand for a moment before continuing the walk back.

I just don’t know what to do… Maybe I should just go back home…

An image of Isaac became forefront in his mind. ”We need you.” His words at the hospital echoed.

Haven’t I caused enough pain already?! No, I won’t do it again… I won’t pilot the Eva ever again…

”We need you.”

You’re lying! You said so yourself! We can’t be friends and I’m just a useless pilot! Akio shouted at the image of Isaac in his mind.

”We need you.” Isaac repeated again.

No! I’m not doing it again!

Akio stopped in his tracks once again. “It’s not fair… why did this have to happen to me…” He whispered quietly as he kneeled down.

”It isn't fair, but its life. In order to survive we sometimes have to do things we never want to, but we have to."

He let out a sigh as he stood up, brushed himself off and wiped his eyes once more. He looked ahead and saw that Shirou had gotten a bit ahead of him while he was stopped. He started off at a slightly faster pace so he could catch up.

++++

”Akio, the road ahead is a tough one, tougher than any road laid out before. You mustn’t fail. Failure means the death of mankind. You must fight and win at any cost… that includes lives if necessary… understood?”

“Understood Professor.”

++++

Recalling his conversation with Professor Galton just mere days before his arrival in Japan, something began to click ever so slightly within him.

I don’t want to be here anymore… I don’t want to pilot the Eva anymore… but, Isaac is right, the Professor is right. I have to otherwise, everyone will die.

He let out another sigh.

“Life sucks, doesn't it?” He muttered to himself.

”I... think you should apologize to Isaac.”

I probably should… but, I don’t know how I will be able to after everything I have done…

I’m the lowest…
"If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid." - Me
"Has anyone ever told you how pretty your eyes are?" - Akio's most famous line.
Akio in Lance of LoL's Rebuild RP
Steam/PSN: MAGI_01 Origin: MAGI_02
Interested in a FMA based RP? Then check this out!

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:49 am

All was silent, but not true silence. Raglan knew.
This quiet had body, substance. The sound of the deep outside the plug sweltering and massing like a living organism - An organism; red of alkaline waters. The faintest sound dulled, yet echoing vastly in the maritime environ.

This was the deep of the ocean, not the abyss of the vacuum.
A reassuring thought, surely.

The entryplug itself was shroud mostly in dark. Power settings low, maintaining systems only for life support and communication for the interim. A few lights and signals bleeped out in the murk to their own rhythms, detailing a various array of statistics and information unneeded for the time being.

The Sixth Child leaned back in his seat in a relaxed manner. Arms crossed behind his head, foot playfully tapping to an unheard song against the front of the pit, even prodding slightly at the control yokes from time to time. His signature smirk ever present, unbeknownst even to himself.

“Beginning descent. Power supply ready. How’s the entryplug?” Jie Qi’s voice queried over the line.

Raglan, opening his eyes, did a quick check effortlessly;
“All signs nominal Qi.”

And the descent into deep continued.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

Atropos
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Atropos » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:58 pm

Shiori looked up and saw Akio and Shirou standing over her. She forced a smile.

"Hello, Akio, Shirou," she said, bowing her head slightly. "I haven't seen either of you in a while…"

Both of them took seats on their own towels, and Shiori sat up to speak to them.

"Are you wondering why I came?" she asked. "I mean, it's not like me, is it? I haven't ever had a normal life. Well, that's true for all of us, I suppose."

She looked up into the dark blue sky. A few wispy clouds hung in the air, and the outline of the Moon was now visible.

"That's right. We are the Chosen…those whose destiny it is to defend mankind. For that reason, we can never have normal lives." She glanced at them, and grimly said, "I want you both to think about what that means."

Then Shiori did something she had not done in a while. She smiled.

"There will be movies about us, one day," she said. "But I bet you guys will get the biggest roles. I haven't killed a single Angel yet."

She stood up and closed her eyes, allowing the ozone-enriched ocean air to waft into her nose and lungs. A slight chill ran through her blood all at once, and she shivered. Looking at the other pilots once again, she smiled with a cruel glint in her eye.

"Perhaps a bit of iconoclasm is in order."

BlackberryMilk
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby BlackberryMilk » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:34 pm

Katla hummed to herself as she brushed her hair back.. She knew that the Commander was working his hardest on letting her have an early release, but she couldn't help but feel impatient.

In the time she had been there, she had researched all of the pilots available files, and in her boredom drew portraits of all of the staff, learned french, and watched all the videos the Dr. Idle brought for her.

In her research of the other pilots, she gained a healthy excitement. They seemed so interesting to the girl, she had wanted to meet them all face to face.. To see if their smiles, personality, and voice matched the versions she had in her head.

"Kenny...Isaac...the last child..." she frowned and casually looked to the corner of the room; it was empty. The reason why she expected some person, or some answer to come from there she didn't know..It happened frequently.

"So you're my Father's legitimate son...and I'm a nobody to him." She closed Isaac's file and moved onto the sixth child, shoulders sulking down around her. She brushed it out of mind as fast as she could, forced a smile and sat upright, continuing flipping through the manilla folders. Looking through Raglan Wyngarde's folder she smirked, "hm... Handsome", and read on about his charming and outgoing personality, confident that they would be friends.

The eighth child, "Shirou", Another kind and somewhat confident smile... Little by little she was beginning to feel more and more at ease at the thought of finally meeting all of them. Her calm was decreasing by the file as she went on.. Valda Kreig, Tokei Akai, Akio Inoue, Shiori Takatsuki.. finally landing on the piercing red eyes of one boy, the boy with the long snow white hair. She touched her own, inspecting the bright hairs in her hairbrush nearby..

"Jié..."

Her stomach tightened as she kept looking at his stern face, her cheeks beginning to flush, as if the boy in the picture was looking back at her.
PSN: HTMLOL

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:25 pm

Tokei relaxed in the plug, stretching her arms out in front of her as they descended through the crimson seas. Her display flashed neon-green diagnostics in front of her as the winches cranked, dropping her and her unit into the depths of the ocean. It was strangely peaceful, down here in the deep. Tokei had lived far away from the ocean for at least half her life, having rapidly moved out of Japan in the way that she did.

That was one of Tokei’s only personal questions about her existence, her rapid move from Japan to the states. It had all been so sudden, with lots of yelling and men in black suits. Then there was her ID card. Tokei felt her chest, playing with the hard rectangular card embedded in the suit. There was a way to get it out, but it would require that the suit be repaired again before use. Tokei always wondered what it was for.

“Power Supply ready. How's the entry plug?” A link opened on the front of Tokei’s plug, displaying the face of Jie Qi. Tokei glanced out of the cockpit, looking at the plug held in Unit-04’s massive right hand. Raglan responded to the question, surprising Tokei; she thought that the question had been aimed at her. She responded after Raglan, saying, “Plug is fine on the outside, and judging from the pilot’s response, everything is well inside of the plug as well.” Tokei did not terminate the link, but moved it to the side wall of the plug as they continued their descent.

Tokei tapped the right side of her face as they went deeper into the ocean. How strange it was, that the mask had become part of her body in such a short amount of time! When she first got it, she remembered her reaction; it had been one of anger and resentment. However, Tokei had decided that she now liked it, very much at that. It was a part of her now as much as any other part of her body. Tokei drummed out a tattoo on the silvery chrome surface as the ocean swam by.

Lance of LoL
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Lance of LoL » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:12 pm

Kiyoshi sat sunning herself amongst the white sand when Shiori had plopped face down on the towel next to her. The girl’s appearance surprised her, but not as much as her actions. Before she could even answer Shiori’s inquiry as to what the fuck happened, the First Child was off to torment her fellow pilots with ideas that were flying so far over Kiyoshi’s head they were whizzing past Tabgha.
Shrugging and lying back, Kiyoshi began to drown out the world around her again, the kids playing, the gentle swish of the waves, maniacal laughter somewhere in the distance, it was all going to fade away as she relaxed under the Sun. At least that was the plan until everyone’s phones went off. Sitting bolt upright, a wave of panic shot through Kiyoshi as if she’d been electrified. Diving for her bag, she rummaged through it, grabbing her phone and hitting the appropriate key. She stared intently at the screen, waiting for the message of whatever impending disaster was to come...

“Heh... Hehehehe... HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!” Kiyoshi burst out laughing. Raglan had forwarded the photo of Tokei and Qi on the deck. While there was no context for the image, their expressions alone told their improvised guardian that the compromising position was not intentional. Kiyoshi was practically rolling in the sand as she laughed at the picture. Composing herself, she turned to the others. Damage control was essential in these situations. Quickly typing a text, she sent it out before clearing her throat.

“Now then, I know you all just got a text from Raglan, and I want you to ignore it, don’t go poking your nose where it doesn't belong.” She ordered, though she couldn't wipe the smile from her face.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“Sir, incoming message from Nerv Central Command.”One of the operators called out to Vander as he observed the situation. Vander turned to look at him.

“Steve, gimme a minute, got the Commander on the other line.” He spoke over the comms before stepping to the side. “Alright, patch it through.”

“Vander, it’s Kenny. How are you proceeding?” Owen asked sternly.

“Fine, the Evas are diving as we speak. All they have to do is cut open the Arc, insert the plug and the power supply and pull 06 up to the surface. As far as salvage goes Commander, Evas simplify things immensely.” Vander answered happily.

“Good, now, there has been... a development here. When the operation is over, I want you to return the pilots directly to the dorm. You’re to waive the standard medical protocol, understood?”

“Uh, okay Commander, understood, but can I ask why?” Vander was taken aback, even when pilots weren't injured, which wasn't often in their line of work, a medical check was boilerplate.

“No. You’ll get an explanation in time, but for now I want you to focus on your task, follow orders and complete the mission. Where is Johann?” Owen continued undeterred.

“Uh, he’s calculating, or calibrating, or computating, I have no idea. He’s out on deck, should I get him?” Vander pointed uselessly over his shoulder.

“No, tell him to report to me when he gets back, that’s all.” The line went dead, leaving Vander standing dumbstruck.

“Um, Sir, should I reconnect you to Tabgha?” the operator asked.

“Huh? Yes, go ahead.” Vander shook himself, focusing on the mission once more.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

The door of the hospital room knocked briefly before Carter stepped in. Cradled in his arms was a clear, water filled vase with Owen’s bouquet in it.

“I apologise for the wait, it was surprisingly difficult to find a vase in this place.” He explained, walking briskly to Katla’s bedside and setting down the flowers. Looking at the young pilot, Carter took in the myriad of folders strewn around her.

“I see you’re... getting to know your fellow pilots.” He said, measuring his response accordingly. Taking a seat next to her, the professor straightened his coat. Meeting the gaze of the injured Katla, he took a breath before continuing.

“Well, if you have any questions, feel free to ask.” He offered bluntly. Before Katla could ask anything however, Carter’s phone let out a sharp beep. Raising one hand for silence, his manner as an educator never failing, he quickly answered the alert. A text from Kiyoshi consisting of a photo with the most bizarre content and a single line reading ‘Puberty on the Bounty’. Carter rolled his eyes, when would that woman grow up. Putting his phone away, he gestured for Katla to continue.

The Evas drifted through the abyss, gently setting down on the ocean floor. A cloud of silt bloomed up around them as they marched towards the massive black dome of the sunken Arc.

“我是一个人的刀” Qi spoke up, Unit-07’s pylon opening to reveal his progressive knife.

“Unit-07 to Command, we have located the Arc, beginning extraction.” Lights flared above the Evas, attached to the winch lines, massive halogen bulbs encased in pressure resistant pods flooded the darkness of the water with light. Unit-07 nodded, flipping the knife in its hand, it plunged it into the Arc, sparks flying up around it.
As the Evas worked below, the fleet held position above. Johann stood on deck, calculating the timing for the operation. The pilots had hours worth of air before the LCL became too polluted to breath and the energy storage on the ships meant there was at least an hour of power for them as well so long as they weren't disconnected, but still he was nervous. Looking into the waves below, he watched them move lazily back and forth until one wave in particular drifted against the grain of the others. Furrowing his brow, Johann stared confused at the movement. It was likely some shift in current caused by one of the nearby ships, but there was something unnerving all the same.

“Johann!” The PA blared, Vander’s voice ringing out across the ship. “We just got word from the Yamada, their electronics are down, entire ship is dead in the water, we got the message by a hand radio, can you believe it? Anyway, can you take a few engineers over and take a look?” Johann stood confused for a minute, what could kill a ship’s electronics so thoroughly, a leak? Sabotage? Looking out over the ocean, his eyes drifted back to the odd tide in the water. Johann’s eyes widened as things clicked into place, but before he could open his mouth, the ship rocked sideways, throwing Johann into the railing.

“What the hell?! Another shockwave, those assholes at Tabgha didn’t fire already, right?!” Vander called out among a myriad of warning calls and alarms, however the torrent of noise soon died away as a flash of electricity flew across the vessel. Alongside the ship, a blue tentacle sparking with energy rose from the depths. Johann’s face fell, it was just as he feared. It was another Angel.

In the depths below, Qi continued to cut away at the Arc. Pulling back his blade, he stabbed it into the side of the massive casket before reaching Unit-07’s hands into the crevice he had cut and trying to pry it open. Above the two Evas, the cable lights died out.

“Hmm? Unit-07 to Command, we've lost illumination. Please confirm.” Qi stared up into the gloom. For a time, nothing pierced the depths, but as they waited, a strange light began to brighten the water, a bright blue light mixing with the dull red of the water, creating a purple haze to the water. Qi’s brow furrowed as he glanced left and right. Looking back at the Arc, a surge of electricity passed through the blackened metal. Qi’s crimson eyes glinted. Throwing out a hand, his Eva shoved Unit-04 into the silt as a massive shadow darted at them from over the Arc. The great blue Angel with a near transparent body, lightning dashing across its form charged at the Fifth Child. A great gaping maw clamped down on the Eva before he could reach his progressive knife. A myriad of electrified tentacles trailing behind its hulking form as it took off at speed, carrying Unit-07 in its teeth, the cables attached to the machine snapping like string.

“Tokei!” Qi called out, anger in his voice. “Get Mark.06 out!” he ordered authoritatively, his Evangelion slamming palms and fists into the snout of the monster in an attempt to break free. The Angel opened its mouth, quickly snapping it shut again, a spray of blood coming up from Unit-07’s torso, its attempts to fight back failing as the Evangelion went limp.
Last edited by Lance of LoL on Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

>>>>Rebuild of Evangelion RP "If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough."~Meister Eckhart<<<<

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Agentomega » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:11 pm

(Recommended BGM - Nadia OST - Bannou Sensuikan)

Shiori seemed to smirk at them with an odd glint in her eye. "Perhaps a bit of iconoclasm is in order."

Shirou's eyebrows rose toward his forehead. Could she mean the destruction of the Angels? He glanced at Tomoko, then back to Shiori.

"I think I know what you mean," Shirou replied, "Mind if I ask you about it later? We've set up a game - you're welcome to join if you like." He gestured at the now-complete Catan board and was intrigued to see that the expansion version had been assembled.

Shirou grinned. "It's like you knew she was coming," he said to Tomoko.

"Well, I figured that even with just the four of us, the original board is kind of small," she explained.

Shirou blinked. "That's sensible." He turned to look at Shiori again. "So, are you in?"

Shiori declined, electing to observe and converse with the pilots.

Akio started with an attempt to maximize the number of unique resources his settlements had access to. Isaac took the opposite approach and managed to monopolize a very bountiful forest plot. Shirou placed his settlements on a high-yield wheat plot and the 2:1 wheat port. He eyed Tomoko warily as she did the same with the corresponding ore tiles.

Some time later, the boys looked on dumbfounded as Tomoko placed the last development card to secure her victory. Isaac's tight grouping made him extremely vulnerable to the thief, while Akio struggled to consistently gain certain resources. For a decent part of the game, Shirou and Tomoko were neck and neck - Shirou's expansion tactics earned him the longest route card, but in the end was the slower method of acquiring victory points.

"So uh, I take it you've played before."

"Yep," chirped Tomoko, thrusting her chest out with pride. "I've been playing since I was a kid. I've even been in several tournaments. Never lost."

"Wait," said Shirou, "You're Tomoko? The Tomoko? The Tokyo Three Tourney Turner Tomoko?"

She nodded vigorously. "Yup, that's me!"

There was a brief moment of silence before...

"I am so honored to meet you, Sensei," exclaimed Shirou, clasping her hands in his. "It would be my privilege to challenge you again so that I may one day comprehend your strategy."

She laughed. "Sure, sounds good."

Akio looked thoughtful. "Huh, I didn't know you were a famous Catan player."

Shirou turned his attention to the tall boy. "Well yeah! Her name gets around in the online community. There's only so many people to play with at Eden. Man, this day is awesome!"

His phone buzzed in his satchel full of stuff. He reached in and slid it open without looking at it. "I mean, seriously, it's not every day you get to meet an ido-"

He trailed off as an odd feeling descended into his gut. It was as though a rock sat in his stomach. The waves lapping against the shore seemed distant, as did the voices of the others. He shut the phone without a word, and stuffed it back into his bag.

"Sorry guys, I'm not feeling too well. Mind dismantling the game?" With that, he stood and walked away aimlessly.
Last edited by Agentomega on Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Avatar: Rhoe Amariyo (© 2010-2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. FINAL FANTASY X|V)

Aggroxcraig
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Aggroxcraig » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:49 pm

While Isaac has played Catan a few times, he wasn't exactly the greatest at the game. Most of the time he would try to get the longest road, but the strategy was typically doomed for failure. After handing out the their resources, Isaac tried to look at each of the children to get a good read of them. First there was Akio who seemed like he didn't want to look at Isaac and for the most part looked down. It was a drastic change from being absolutely mad to this, but Isaac wasn't surprised by this. While this was his own fault, Isaac knew that Akio would probably eventually get over it. Tomoko on the other hand looked happy and every time it was her turn she would make a quick move that seemed to be carefully calculated. Shioru looked focused and was pretty interesting to watch play. He watched everyone's move carefully and planned each move according to what the other did. When Isaac looked at Shiori, he tried to catch a quick glance. He still felt awful for what he did the other day and knew that he needed to talk to her about it. Maybe tomorrow would be a good day to talk to her. Isaac thought as his eyes locked on to hers. Isaac blushed, squirmed a bit and looked down at the board to find a thief in his precious forest. "W-what?!" Isaac blurted as Tomoko took one of his resources.

As the game developed, Isaac found himself pretty much looking at a loss with Tomoko and Shirou battling for victory. They were neck and neck until Tomoko drew the last development card needed to win. Isaac and the others were shocked by this. Tomoko. Won. The. Game. I always thought she was an airhead!? Then again, she did give me very helpful advice regarding Shiroi. Perhaps I should give her more credit. Isaac thought as he smirked defeat at the girl and gave a small salute.

"So uh, I take it you've played before." Shirou said gladly admitting defeat.

"Yep," chirped Tomoko, thrusting her chest out with pride. "I've been playing since I was a kid. I've even been in several tournaments. Never lost."

"Wait," said Shirou, "You're Tomoko? The Tomoko? The Tokyo Three Tourney Turner Tomoko?"

The Tokyo Three Tourney Turner Tomoko? Sounds made up. No way Tomoko could be THAT fam-

Well I stand corrected. Isaac thought while letting out a small laugh. "I am so honored to meet you, Sensei," exclaimed Shirou, clasping her hands in his. "It would be my privilege to challenge you again so that I may one day comprehend your strategy." Isaac revealed a confused expression by the boy grabbing Tomoko's hands and thought to himself how strange Shirou could be from time to time.

Akio looked thoughtful. "Huh, I didn't know you were a famous Catan player."

Shirou turned his attention to the tall boy. "Well yeah! Her name gets around in the online community. There's only so many people to play with at Eden. Man, this day is awesome!"

Pulling out his phone, Shirou continued talking. "I mean, seriously, it's not every day you get to meet an ido-" Shirou halted his speech as he looked down at his screen. "Sorry guys, I'm not feeling too well. Mind dismantling the game?" Shirou said as he started to walk away from the group.

Well that was weird. Isaac thought as he started to look at the remaining children. Shiroi, who he thought was mad at him. Akio, who was at one point mad at him but now strangely looked depressed. Tomoko, who is...Tomoko. I should get out of here too. Isaac stood up and stretched his limbs as he waved at Shiroi, Tomoko and Akio. "Well, I'll just leave this mess for you two love birds to clean up." Isaac said in a calm tone.

Akio gave a small chuckle and smiled with a worried look. "Yeah, we got it."

Isaac nodded at the boy and looked over at Shiori who seemed to be minding her own business. Deciding to leave them alone, Isaac started walking away from the group opposite of the direction Shirou went.

++++++++

Walking along the beach, Isaac found himself realizing that he hasn't looked at his phone since they arrived to the beach. Maybe someone has been trying to get a hold of me. Isaac thought as he noticed a notification from Raglan and Kyoshi. Looking at the picture sent by Raglan first, Isaac started laugh out loud and caused others along the shoreline to give him a weird look. Trying to hold back his laughter, Isaac looked at the text from Kiyoshi and grinned.

“Now then, I know you all just got a text from Raglan, and I want you to ignore it, don’t go poking your nose where it doesn't belong.”

Isaac closed the text and while walking looked through his contacts and saw most of his friends and family from Arizona still in there. Isaac stopped walking as he stared at the contact for a while. Why hasn't anyone tried to get in contact with me? Isaac thought to himself as he highlighted the cursor over each of his friend. Now that I think about it, I've never have gotten in contact with my aunt and uncle. I've only received one voicemail from them. Is NERV locking my phone from receiving phone calls and texts outside of NERV personal?

As a wave from the ocean reached his feet, Isaac scrolled down to Vander's contact and clicked on his profile with the "call" icon highlighted. Isaac knew there was only one person who he felt would give him a straight forward answer. Kiyoshi has been there for him but after her getting upset with him and Akio, she probably just wanted to be left alone. Isaac smiled and clicked the call button. I doubt he's busy anyway.

While calling Vander, Isaac noticed that it went straight to his voicemail. Deciding against the idea of trying to call again, Isaac cleared his throat in preparation for the voice mail. " Hey Vander, this is Isaac and I uhh just have small question. I know you are probably busy at the moment, but thought maybe you could help me out with something. I mean, it's not like I'm in trouble or anything. I just wanted to ask you about...well, maybe just give me a call back when ever you can. It's not important because I bet you are dealing with some sort of big project at the moment. So just...uhhhh give me a call back. Thanks man." With that Isaac clicked his phone and slapped his forehead. "I sounded like such an idiot."

BPES
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby BPES » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:13 pm

BGM

Crimson waves continued to roll as the hot sun beat down on the beach, including a secluded area hidden by walls of rocks. Set down on one of the rocks sat Valda’s one piece swimsuit, left out to dry.

“Geez I should’ve brought a towel.” Valda said with a sigh as she sat on another rock wringing out her hair, her mask sat on her bare lap. “Oh well, I’ll remember next time… Not like it matters much, no one will disturb me here.”

Satisfied that her hair was no longer completely waterlogged she shook her head a bit and continued to bask in the sunlight. Her dry clothes were situated nearby and began to make a noise drawing Valda’s attention. She stared at it confused for a moment before reaching over and fishing out her phone from her shirt pocket. Her face registered annoyance as she saw who the message was from.

“What the hell does HE want? Isn’t he supposed to be on a stupid mission right now?” She commented before her phone buzzed again, this time from the major. Valda completely ignored the second message. Whatever the Major wanted could wait until tomorrow, though she had to admit she was curious what the spare’s message was. There was a picture attached she noted and went to open it.

“Heh, maybe it’s of his unit? Might be interesting to s-………”Valda paused and blinked at the screen trying to make sense of it. After a brief moment and a twitch of her eyebrow Valda sighed heavily and casually tossed her phone onto her clothes. “I didn’t realise that Tokei had such poor taste, ah whatever, not my concern.”

Turning over Valda began letting the sun shine down on her back lying on the hot rock and making herself comfortable, watching the waves continue to flow. It didn’t take long for her to think about what she wanted to do next. She decided not to waste her time simply waiting to dry so she began performing a few push ups leisurely, nothing like the pace in her usual workouts.

“Ahhh dammit I’m dry enough! I wanna get on with this!” Valda commented before grabbing her clothes and hastily putting them on, buttoning her shirt with only what was needed to keep it on before walking over towards the water and prodding the damp sand.

“Perfect!” Valda commented with a grin on her face, her mask in her hand. She began on her work with fervour as she happily scooped the wet sand with her mask and began piling it a bit behind her. Now that she thought about it she wondered why she hadn’t thought to do this sooner, after all she was at the beach and what came more naturally than building sandcastles. Well swimming probably but she’d already done that.

But a regular sandcastle would never do, oh no, for that was the work of simple children and unimaginative losers. Oh no Valda had gander plans for her little project. She wouldn’t make some boring little castle; no she’d make her own citadel. She began thinking through how she’d need to form it, where to start and how best to position it.

As the water continued to wash ashore and the sun continued to bare down, Valda worked with a grin, humming to herself the whole time.
In my experiance, there's only one thing harder than learning something new... and that is teaching it.

BEEP BEEP MUTHERF******

Live: charleserg7 Steam: aciescaelestis PSN: ChocoBP7

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:39 pm

Akio had played Catan every once in a while, but by no means was he an exceptional player. After their resources were handed out, he tried to focus mainly on the game, but thoughts about what had happened earlier still filled his head. He mostly looked down at the board and avoided eye contact with everyone, but it was mainly Isaac who he wanted to avoid.

As the game developed it became very clear that he would not have a chance to win at all. Isaac was in the same boat as the two sat and watched Shirou and Tomoko battle it out for the win with Tomoko coming out on top as the victor. They were all shocked.

"So uh, I take it you've played before." Shirou said as he accepted his defeat.

Wow, I had no clue… Akio thought.

"I am so honored to meet you, Sensei," exclaimed Shirou, clasping her hands in his. "It would be my privilege to challenge you again so that I may one day comprehend your strategy."

“Huh, I didn’t know you were a famous Catan player.” Akio said.

Shirou turned to him. "Well yeah! Her name gets around in the online community. There's only so many people to play with at Eden. Man, this day is awesome!"

Pulling out his phone, Shirou continued talking. "I mean, seriously, it's not every day you get to meet an ido-" Shirou halted his speech as he looked down at his screen. "Sorry guys, I'm not feeling too well. Mind dismantling the game?" Shirou said as he started to walk away from the group.

I wonder what’s gotten into Shirou… Akio thought. He still felt very depressed even after the game and the big surprise about Tomoko. Silence fell amongst them as Shirou continued away from the group.

"Well, I'll just leave this mess for you two love birds to clean up." Isaac said calmly.

Akio chuckled a bit and forced a smile. “Yeah, we got it.”

Isaac nodded before looking at Shiori for a moment. He then set off away from the group in the opposite direction that Shirou went.

Akio let out a sigh and looked back down. As he started to dismantle the game Tomoko poked him with his phone.

“You have a couple of messages!”

“Oh… thanks.” He said as he took the phone from her.

A text from Raglan and another from the Major…

He opened Raglan’s first and started to laugh.

“Huh?! What’s so funny!? Let me see!” Tomoko exclaimed as she peeked at the picture. She began to laugh as well. Their laughing started to draw attention from other beachgoers. So he closed the text and opened the one from the Major.

” Now then, I know you all just got a text from Raglan, and I want you to ignore it, don’t go poking your nose where it doesn't belong.”

He closed the text and put away his phone.

“That was funny!” Tomoko said.

“Yeah, it certainly was…” Akio said as he let out a sigh and continued to put away the game.

“What’s wrong Aki? You haven’t been yourself at all today” Tomoko said, showing concern.

I haven’t been myself today? Well who can blame me for what all has happened…

Akio forced a smile. “Oh it’s nothing major. You don’t need to worry about me.”

“Aki I’m serious. Why were you so upset earlier? And why are you so quiet and depressed now? What happened when you and Isaac went and talked? Did you guys get into an argument or something?”

“Kinda… but it’s over now, time to move on.” He said with sadness in his voice.

“Well I hope you guys can sort it out. He thinks pretty well of you, you know?”

Yeah, right. I thought he did too…

“Yeah…. Anyways, have you had a good time today?” he asked.

“Yeah! Thanks for bringing me along!”

Akio smiled. “That’s good. I’m glad to hear that.” He said in the most cheerful voice he could muster at the time.
"If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid." - Me
"Has anyone ever told you how pretty your eyes are?" - Akio's most famous line.
Akio in Lance of LoL's Rebuild RP
Steam/PSN: MAGI_01 Origin: MAGI_02
Interested in a FMA based RP? Then check this out!

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Agentomega » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:20 pm

Eva-07’s hand slammed into Tokei’s chest, smacking her and the precious entry plug for the Mk.06 into the Ark. Tokei was jerked sideways in her plug, barely maintaining hold on Unit-04’s controls. She lifted her head in time to hear Qi’s voice yelling through the inter-Eva connection, “Tokei! Get the Mark.06 out-” There was an electronic screech, and the little connection icon blinked out.

Tokei looked down at Raglan’s entry plug. It was being clutched in her right hand, but that just wouldn’t do. Tokei gritted her teeth as she thought about just how much potential this had to go wrong, but there really wasn’t another way through it. She tapped her controls, opening a direct circuit to Raglan. Picture and all, she stared into Raglan’s plug, hoping that he could draw some sort of calm from the fact that there was an actual person speaking to him, instead of some mechanical voice coming out of a speaker. Tokei would have actually preferred the latter, but something compelled her to act differently. Perhaps it was her burgeoning knowledge of social cues, something that had been so absent from her behavior in Nevada.

“Raglan, please hold on to your control sticks. I’m putting you into my left hand, and you’re probably going to feel a really big jolt. Don’t worry.” Tokei added the last bit as an afterthought, before leaving the link open and pulling on the control levers.

The Eva’s hand moved to the left, creating a massive swell in the water. Tokei grunted, throwing her meager bodyweight into the controls until the two hands met. She released the plug, quickly clamping down on it with her left hand. Now, her right arm was free.

Tokei’s confidence took a minor hit as the Angel, still having the bleeding Unit-07 in its jaws, came rushing back. It created little electrical distortions in the water as its tentacles swept from side to side. Tokei idly wondered why this entire section of the ocean wasn’t electrified as she tapped in a few commands and pulled the trigger.

The hand on Tokei’s right arm went limp. There was a miniature explosion on the panels in her forearm, quickly swallowed up by the water. With a sound that would have been a tremendous clacking in the open air, Tokei’s arm rotated clockwise on a hidden gear. At the same time, something emerged from Tokei’s forearm on a different set of gears: a massive, curved, wicked-looking knife. Tokei locked it into place, activating its progressive capabilities. Tokei turned, and took a massive swipe at the Ark. The water around the blade hissed as it cut through, before landing right on the Ark.

Sparks flew as the knife bit deep into the metal and opened a massive gash in the center of the Ark. Inside, the Mk.06 was clear to see. Tokei glanced behind her; the angel was gaining at a very fast pace. Turning back to the Eva, she grabbed the plate at the back of its neck and pulled. After small struggle, the panel went up, the Eva’s head tilted forward, and a hole at the tip of the spine opened up. Tokei once again looked at the comlink. “Hold on, Raglan,” she said, grimly. She swiftly rotated the plug and shoved it into the Eva. The power supply in the Ark would keep the Mk.06 running until Raglan figured out whatever it was that he was supposed to be doing.

The tricky part done, Tokei turned to face the angel. It was barely 50 meters away, and closing. Tokei settled into a defensive stance, holding her massive blade in front of her. The angel opened its mouth, presumably letting out a screech that Tokei couldn’t hear. Unot-07 slipped out of its open mouth, landing on the sandy bottom. The angel rocketed towards Tokei, keeping its mouth open. Gritting her teeth, Tokei braced her right arm in her left.

There was a jarring impact as Tokei’s knife took the creature in the mouth, making a long gash down its side. Her arm shuddered as the blade ripped free, the Angel moving past her. Tokei grinned, turning for her second assault on the Angel. That would have been before one of the Angel’s twisting, twirling tentacles caught Unit-04 somewhere in the midsection. Tokei’s face went from grinning to blanched as she felt the pain cutting into her midsection. The pain, however, was a distant fear next to the neon green display, blinking red around her Eva’s torso. Unit-04 was taking on water.

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:12 am

"I’m an orphan.” She murmured in less than an audible whisper.

[Soundtrack: 'Elegia']

Raglan turned slowly, looking the girl over anew.

Kei Masanobu-Hōjō was quite tall for a girl of 14 years. Skin flawless and pale as cream yet shy a few shades of an unwanted, unhealthy look. Her hair was dyed blonde but it was right - The imagined image of her natural dark hair didn't fit in the slightest to the Sixth. She was beautiful, with the precious kind of face that pulled off some of her subtler, more handsome features. Her school uniform disheveled in the way only solitary comfort could bring. And her eyes.

Kei Masanobu-Hōjō had strong hazel eyes flecked with hints of green.
And a familiar something that hung ever so slightly behind her iris.

The boy took her in as she wiped her eyes, putting an end to her sniffling. A stillness followed, only perturbed by the bubbling pot over the stove in the kitchenette.

Raglan tore his gaze away and back to the lone photo frame on the bookshelf. The photo with the smiling child, the family and of happier days past.

Kei quietly tiptoed forward and leaned against his chest. He allowed the briefest of moments before his undefined annoyance rose yet again, pushing her away with blunt resolve, remembering why he was here in her apartment in the first place. But just as he did so, the girl in front of him transformed - Slapping away his arm. "Fine! You're done. I was wrong, I don't need you at all! I mean, why the hell would I? You think you're so fucking good but you're shit! Do you hear me!"

The sheer shock made the Sixth lose his composure, stumbling back two or three good steps. His face gaping only in astonishment.

"You're shit. You can't do and haven't done anything. Anything! You can't even treat me with common decency - How the hell do you think you would even be good enough for that ghost? Who the fuck do you think you are?! You're nothing."

It was a car crash in slow motion: A firmness overcame the girl's standing. Resolve and strength blotting out that familiar something in her eyes. Kei Masanobu-Hōjō punched Raglan James Wyngarde square in the gut. It took every fibre of his being to remain on his feet. The rest was a blur, the only thing he could think of was the photograph that wasn't even his.

"Leave!" The girl had said.

The icy mask cracked, if only briefly. Mouth; snarled into the bile of a rictus. Wound fist clenching in frustration. He paused. No, that won't do.

White light washed over him as a car drove past. Taking a breath, he let the lightning storm from his grey-blue eyes perish. Soothed, unclenching his fists, he stared at the steel garbage bin outside the front of the high-rise apartment building located in Ashigarajuku. The steel garbage bin he was about to beat to a pulp with his bare fists out of some sort of... Anger. Rage? No. Irritation, maybe.
Rejection.

Raglan sighed, putting on his headphones and checked the time on his watch. He turned and begun to make his way to the train station.

He did pause briefly, looking back - Noticing the mangled and dented-in garbage bin.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eva-07's arm thrust Raglan's entryplug into the innards of the ark. Gangways, platforms and sections dotted around the visage of the Mark.06 like blood veins on a being - Though most all were damaged and skewiff, thrown into chaos by Eva-07's assault on the hull, the following deep and pressure finished the rest. He could see what Tokei was doing but before he could urge her not to scratch the paintwork, she had grabbed the Mark.06's nape plate and struggled it open, forcing the port for the entryplug to open manually. The Second Child swiftly rotated Raglan's plug and shoved it into the dormant Evangelion.

Showtime.

The HUD whirred to life slowly yet warmly, spurred on only by the barest life-support setting. A bright blue logo popped up claiming 'Tagbha Base Developed Technologies'. Raglan gripped the control yokes firmly, all the while tapping in macros and commands. The entryplug started to come to life but was suddenly stalled - A sickly orange light overcoming all; 'INSUFFICIENT EXTERNAL POWER SOURCE FOR START-UP'.

J smiled that wolfish grin, and dropped his hand to the side compartment of his seat, unlatching the lid, twisting the knob on the hazard-patterned lever before giving it a good solid yank, raising it into an upright position.

'ACTIVATE __S² ORGAN Y/N?'

'Y'
'y'
'Y'
'y'
'Y'
'y'
'Y'
'y'
'Y'
'y'

The Sixth pushed the lever, the loud clunk sounding the launch.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

Lance of LoL
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Lance of LoL » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:22 pm

Qi struggled. His Evangelion pressed with all it's might to loosen the jaws of the vast Angel. Slamming palms and fists futilely against its gelatinous hide, the Angel bit down.
“AAAAAAAARRRRRRHHH!” Qi let out a scream of pain, his body refusing to ignore the impulse to do so. Heat rose from his stomach, the pain surging up his spine and numbing his mind. With agonizing force he expelled the LCL from his lungs only to choke on it as it returned, as if drowning in the very thing that was keeping him alive. For a time, there was no mission, no Evangelion, only the roar of a thunderous heartbeat in his ears as pain overtook him and Unit-07 stopped fighting back. Within the plug, the feed from the outside world dimmed, emergency lighting filling the tube with a blood red glow.

Opening his eyes, bright sunlight blinded the Fifth Child. A repetitive noise filled his ears, but it was sharper than the dull thumping of his pulse. It was a clean, crisp clacking of wheels over rail. His eyes adjusting to the intensity, he could make out the blur of the train car around him. His head ached, it reminded him of a training session in Golgotha where he and his siblings had been drugged to train for possible interrogation.

“Well well, never thought I'd see you here.” he spun his head, pain shooting up his spine, forcing his eyes shut once more. Holding his head, he adjusted, taking in the indistinct form before him.

“Who are you?” he questioned, gritting his teeth in the effort to speak.

“It hurts to be here, huh? At least for you. Guess that makes sense.” the voice continued. It was female, cheerful, it reminded him of his sister somewhat.

“Ba, is that you?” he demanded, rising swiftly. That was a mistake. Falling sideways, he collided with the standing bar, gripping it for dear life as he tried to remain standing.

“Not quite, you're really fragile, aren't you? You aren't ready to open up yet.”

“Who are you?!” Qi barked again, his voice more desperate and angry, he tried to focus his eyes, but he couldn't make out the girl's face, only the alabaster plugsuit she wore.

“Shh,” she answered softly. “Don't strain yourself, okay? It's enough to feel it, isn't it? To know you have a heart deep inside, even if it's breaking?”

“我一个人的刀片" he shot back.

“你是一个人类” she chuckled. He felt hands caress either side of his head, her hands warm against his clammy skin. “It's too soon for you, but don't forget, okay?” she said soothingly. Qi's eyes narrowed, the crimson slits taking in everything he could about her face. It was calm, serene even, but he couldn't understand why, how could she be? She smiled at him, a smile he'd seen a thousand times on his own face, except her's reached her eyes. Eyes dyed crimson like his own. “Wake up Qi.” she grinned.

“SAN!” Qi shot bolt upright in the entry plug, his hands wrenching the controls back to life. It wasn't obvious given the liquid all around him, but he could tell, a cloying staleness of the environment as the LCL mixed with cold sweat and blood. Taking several deep gulps of oxidising liquid, he steadied himself. A counter appeared on his screen reading '300'. A normal teen would take this as an indication to get all Spartan on the situation, but for Qi, it meant he had five minutes to resolve it before they were all dead.

Gulls cawed lazily in the sky over the beach as the eternal summer heat beat down on the two men sitting on a outcrop on the rocky hillside above the beach.

“You'd think in a country where it's always Summer, they wouldn't make our dress code full black formal suits.” The first complained, staring down at the beach through a potent pair of binoculars.

“Tom, for the last time, you'll get used to it, now stop your bitching. What's happening?” the second inquired, checking over the rifle in his lap.

“Well Jerry, the kids at the far side are settin' up some kind of board game... Major Miki is... Hot, as always, and little Miss AngstyPants is... Whoa!” he exclaimed, focusing the binoculars on the rocks beneath their position.

“What, she in trouble, where's my target?!” Jerry asked anxiously, throwing himself forward onto the overhang and aiming his rifle down onto the crowded beach. Tom reacted instantly, turning the barrel upward and pulling Jerry back out of sight.

“Easy there Custer, don't charge yet. Besides, we both know your track record with aiming ain't so great.” Tom snickered, finding his view again.

“Then what was with the 'Whoa!' thing?” Jerry demanded angrily.

“Hey, it's cool, she's just strippin' off her bathing suit, that's all.” Tom grinned. Jerry's expression soured.

“You disgust me.” he muttered, detaching the scope from his rifle. “She's fourteen, don't you have better things to do than perv?”

“Relax man, it's Japan, she's legal here.” Tom snickered.

“Only if you're a teenager too, Dumbass!” Jerry glanced down at the rocks with his detached scope. “Right, well she's covered up now, keep an eye on the other kids... And get help, seriously.”

“Yeah yeah...” Tom grumbled, turning his binoculars back to the remaining pilots, with occasional drifting to Kiyoshi.

“Hmm, weird, she, I think she's talking to herself.” Jerry commented curiously, his attention now taken by Valda.

“Really, what's she saying?” Tom questioned bemused. Jerry shot him a look of contempt.

“I don't know, it's a scope, not a microphone, I can't-”

“Perfect!” Valda's declaration and accompanying laugh echoed up the rocky hill side.

“...”

“...”

“... Nevermind, I heard her.” Tom shrugged. Jerry's shoulders fell.

Vander steadied himself as Johann came bounding up the stairs behind him.

“Vander, we miscalculated!” he exclaimed.

“Yeah, no shit, what else is new?” Vander barked back. “Get the power back on, I want Tabgha, now!” Vander ordered, turning away from Johann.

“No, you don't get it! We screwed up because we didn't account for all the variables!” Johann marched over, thrusting his tablet under Vander's nose.

“Wh, what is this?! How is this going to help us when those kids are down there with the Kraken or whatever?!” Vander berated his fellow Nerv Operative.

“Look! Look at the statistics. We were bringing a power supply we didn't need!” Johann explained, thrusting a finger at the screen, bringing up the the power output for the Arc.

“Oh god... That's how they powered the Arc?”

“Well if you've got one, why bother putting in a generator?” Johann threw up his hands in defeat.

“So, the Angel?” Vander asked, realisation dawning on him to his own horror.

“It felt it, and if it connects to it, I have no idea what will happen... We could be looking at another Impact.” Johann said the words hesitantly. Both men stood in silence, the gravity of the situation bearing down on them. The lamps over their heads flickered back to life, Vander looking up with a frown.

“I thought that thing drained us completely?” he raised an eyebrow in confusion.

“No, it releases energy, it doesn't drain it, probably just overloaded the breakers, that's why my tablet was working.” Johann explained.

“So we have power?” Vander's expression flipped, a demented smile playing on the corners of his lips. “Do we have Tabgha?” he announced, pointing at the comms officer.

“Yes Sir, you're connected now.” came the reply.

“Good, Steve, can you hear me?” Vander stood resolute, his new found confidence both frightening and invigorating the rest of the crew.

“Yes, we lost connection for a minute. You guys ready to receive the armament pod?”

“Yup, but slight change of plan, I need you to target the Arc's landing point and fire as soon as possible.” The command deck went silent as everyone took in what Vander just said.

“Are you insane?!” The Captain bellowed, marching towards Vander. The younger man pushed him aside without concern.

“Steve, bad news buddy, there's an Angel down here and it's goin' after Mark.06. I don't have to tell you if it eats that thing we're all screwed. So we've got one option, destroy Mark.06 before the Angel gets its slimy paws on it. Best case scenario, you peg the Angel before it gets into the Arc, worse case scenario, you destroy Mark.06 and we have to rely on the other two to kill this thing. So I want you, Steve Pinker, head of Tabgha base, to fire Nerv's one and only Orbital Rail Gun with a payload of Mark.06 armament at our exact position.” Vander smiled the smile of a desperate man, sweat beading on his brow. The line was silent for what felt like an eternity.

“Alright then, but if you live you explain this to Owen.” Steve resigned himself to the plan. “Johann, we're gonna need you. Trajectories, wind speed, where the Arc came to rest. Anything you can give us, the math needs to be good and quick if we're going to make the mark. I don't have to tell you guys that if we're off, we could level half the fleet with this thing.”

“We understand what we're doing Steven.” Johann nodded. Looking at his tablet, he'd already begun running the simulation. The fact of the matter was, if the Rail Gun breached Mark.06's core, none of them were going home, but it was better to stop the situation before it got worse than risk another impact. One fleet, three Evangelions, they were far enough from shore that the breach shouldn't affect Japan, but there was no chance the Angel, determined as it was would escape the blast. While it was completely insane, this was their best option. He could only pray that they hit the Angel.

“What about your pilots?” The Captain asked, looking genuinely concerned for the young people currently battling the Angel.

“Don't worry about the Pilots; with the A.T. Fields, they're safer down there than we are here.” Vander smiled as all around him, the crew set about their work.

Unit-04 stumbled in the Ocean silt, water leaking into it's body through the tear in its abdomen. Above it drifted the Angel, coming to rest in the water atop the Arc, its multitudes of tentacles fanning out beneath it. Several reached into the crevice the Evas had cut into the Arc, pulling at the edges to finish cracking open the black coffin that held its prize. The energy surging through its body converged on it's mouth where Unit-04 had cut it. The surrounding water made a dull whump as the Angel siphoned water into it's body, the gash repairing almost instantly. Stepping up next to Unit-04, Tokei's screen lit up, Qi's face staring back at her across the comms.

“I think it uses a method similar to electrolysis to repair itself, using energy and minerals in the water to do so quickly. If we want to kill it, we're going to have to hit it's core, there.” Unit-07 pointed towards the Angel, the dark red hue of it's most vital organ visible through its translucent body, nestled right at the heart of the vast leviathan. Qi's screen lit up with images from the surroundings, particular the massive shears now protruding from Unit-04's arm. “Hmm, so apparently we both came prepared for this occasion.” he smiled, but his image on Tokei's monitor showed his fatigue. “Unfortunately, I've got less than two hundred and fifty seconds to do this, so if you'll excuse me, I'll go first.” Qi grimaced, the pain in his lower body coming back to him as Unit-07 moved, a plume of the Eva's blood tainting the water around it. However, the Fifth Child ignored the pain this time. Now was not the time for weakness, now was not the time to be human.

Charging, the Eva leapt onto the Arc, ripping its progressive knife from where he had left it and unleashing its cutting potential against the tentacles that now clung to the black edifice. Slicing through them, the Angel roared, it's gelatinous body quivering as energy surged through its limbs, regenerating the ones Qi had severed while reaching several pulsating limbs towards him. Tentacles whipped at him, rending great gaps in his armour while unleashing paralysing stings of electricity, but the Chinese pilot continued to hack away, keeping the Angel's attention on him and away from Mark.06 and Unit-04.

Vander rushed down onto the main deck, looking up into the sky, a hand held radio clamped firmly in his grip. The Captain was hot on his heels as they crossed to the far railing. Vander peered over into the water, but virtually nothing was visible through the gloomy red of the ocean. The Captain stopped behind him, trying to find the words before composing himself.

“There's something you aren't telling us Goethe, and I won't have that on my ship.” he said forcefully. Vander turned back to look at the older gentleman.

“Really, now? I'm about to have them fire the most powerful projectile weapon on the planet, hell, not even on the planet at us, and you want to do this now? Is this really the time?” Vander whined.

“Will there be another?” The Captain belted back at him. Vander scratched his chin thoughtfully.

“Okay, you got me there. So you followed me out here, where no one would hear us, I guess you have an inkling?” The Captain nodded in response. “Right, essentially, there's a big power source in the Evangelion down there. We didn't realise that until the Angel was right on top of us. Basically, right now, we either pin our hopes on those kids down there, who are outmatched in the water and completely out gunned too, or, we blow the Evangelion before that Angel initiates another Impact.” Vander let that thought hang in the air a moment.

“I take it, when the Evangelion blows, it'll be with the force of that big power source?” the Captain asked, measuring his words carefully.

“Pretty much, higher yield than a Nuke, but it's clean like the N2s, no radiation.”

“But we're all fucked, is that what you're telling me?” The Captain demanded, his voice stern. Vander looked at him impressed, he didn't know people that age used such language.

“Yessir, completely.” he trembled.

“But it'll kill the Angel too, right?”

“Definitely.” Vander grinned.

“Then carry on Mr. Goethe, you have the command of this operation.” The Captain gave him a nod before turning on his heel and making his way back to the Command Deck. Vander smiled, partly for lack of a better expression, and partly out of respect for what was really starting to seem like a pretty cool old man.

“I hope I'm half as batshit insane at that age... Oh wait, never mind I guess.” Turning to look into the water, he depressed the button on the radio. “Vander to Steve, do you read me?”

“Yeah, still a bit slow, so be sure you're quick. Are you ready?” Steve inquired.

“I think Fishy must be down there with the kids so we haven't much time, I guess whenever you're ready.” Vander sighed. His melancholy was short lived though, as in the nearby water, an eruption from below split one of the fleet ships in half. Vander's eyes widened. “Steve, fuck when you're ready, fire it now, fire fire fire!”

In orbit, the shuttle carrying the Rail Gun had been locked into place. The long metal scaffold that made up the frame of the weapon surrounded a military green container of barely conceivable length as it pointed at the planet below.

“-fire fire fire!” came across loud and clear to Steve as he stood at the controls, the light of the planet below reflecting off his helmet. Without a moments hesitation, he pressed the switch. Bolts of blue electricity flared across the shuttle, the electromagnetic forces launching the container at tens of thousands of kilometres per hour. The shuttle shunted back, the recoil of the device making it only feasible to use in a zero-g environment. Bracing himself against the railing, he watched the tiny strip of blue light head directly for Japan.

“Tabgha Armature, 'Velocitas Eradico' fired. God help those poor folks.” he saluted, turning off his radio.

On the ocean, all hell had broken loose as the fleet fired hopelessly at the Angel as it passed, crippling ships before blowing them out of the water. Vander and Johann waited with baited breath for the fall. They had received the launch verification, but the fact that the Angel was attacking the ships made no sense, and as the shells rained into the water, impacts drenching the sailors, they worked desperately for what was almost certainly their last moments to figure it out.

Deep below, Tokei and Qi continued to fight valiantly against the Angel, but for every injury they inflicted, it continued to fight back harder, lashing them with its tendrils while trying to prize open the Arc. Cutting down another tentacle, Qi was breathing heavily. He was down to one hundred eighty seconds. Looking into the gap of the Arc, he could see the faint light of the Mark.06, not enough power to rise and help them, but at the same time, they were in no position to get the power supply they had lost track of. The Angel roared, the energy gathering once more at its mouth, but this time, instead of healing itself, it fired a bolt of cross shaped lightning at the attacking Evas, sending them both reeling. Gathering its tentacles, it began prying at the Arc once more, but the dim glow of the Mark.06 had strengthened with the fall of the other Evas. Tearing away the blackened metal, the Angel let out a triumphant cry as it met the Mark.06, eye to glowing visor.

In the sky, the thin streak of blue came into view. Screaming across the sky, fragments of casing started to fall away from it. There was nothing like a sonic boom, the casing had broken the sound barrier long ago as it hurtled downward. The last support of the green casing shattered, coming away from the weapon secured within. A gleaming spear, wreathed in azure light, descended on the fleet, a corona of blue forming before it as its streamlined form only served to increase its speed. This was it. In a flash, the spear hit the water and it exploded.

The ships were thrown sideways by the impact, the fleet dashed before Mark.06 had even been touched, but by some miracle by Johann's reckoning, the remaining vessels had stayed upright instead of capsizing. Staring out of the window, the point of impact was nothing but a haze, the ocean surface instantly rendered a vapour as the spear struck, but the situation was still not resolved. The fact that they weren't all dead was proof of that. If the spear hadn't hit Mark.06, it was still uncertain as to whether or not it killed the Angel. Sailors scrambled to find out the situation as the scientist continued to stare into the epicentre of potential disaster.

At the core of the blast, waves crashed together as the ocean set about righting itself after the explosion. Units 04 and 07 stood atop shimmering octagons of light, the exhausted Evas still standing, but worse for wear compared to the one supporting them. Levitating above the disaster, Mark.06's dark armour gleamed in the sunlight, its spear held in its hand as if waiting to strike. Beneath the Evas, thunderous roars drew them back to battle as not one, but two of the monstrous Angel fish circled in the settling water. Mark.06 raised its arm, its A.T. Field pulsing outward. The vapour from the impact dispersed, the scattered fleet gaining the first look at the situation as Units 04 and 07 were dropped onto the decks. Pulling in the power supply originally meant for their third, Unit-07 plugged itself in. Qi assessed the situation with confusion more than anything, the series of events leading them to this moment being as much a blur to him as any. However, now that their eyes had been cleared, Vander and Johann had already grasped it.

“Kids! One of those big fish was harassin' the fleet while you guys were stuck with the other one, think you can handle both of them?” Vander's voice rang across the PA. Honestly, he had no idea what he was putting in his report at this point, but it was three Evas to two Angels and Mark.06 seemed to be something else entirely, having countered both the more disastrous effects of the spear's impact and using its A.T. Field in ways he never thought possible. In fact, it reminded him of what they'd heard about Unit-01 at Matsuhiro. Holding his breath in anticipation, he watched as the battle began anew.

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Agentomega » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:08 pm

Shirou ambled along the beach, thoughtlessly following the shore. He had no real intent for this walk. Just go, keep moving. Don't think. It worked for the most part, save for the unpleasant feeling that had settled into his gut. The water lapped at his feet practically unnoticed.

As he walked, he noticed a rocky outcropping in the distance. It's been a while since I've climbed anything, he mused. He reached the base and began to scale the small cliff. As he ascended, he started to accumulate small scrapes. Guess I should have put my gloves and shoes on at least. Not like I knew this was here though...

At the top, he pulled himself up to find that the peak was rather narrow. Frankly he could have used a rest, but it was too risky to do so here. Before he could ponder over how to proceed, he heard some (rather loud) humming from the other side. Peaking over the edge, he found himself overlooking a cove, and within it was a brunette and the makings of a sandcastle. It wasn't until he noticed the mask in her hand before recognition clicked in his head.

"Valda? What are you doing here?"

She glanced up at him with a face that all but screamed "What are you, stupid?"

"What the hell does it look like I'm doing? I'm making the most badass sandcastle in the history of sandcastles!"

Shirou rolled his eyes. "Well yes, I can see that. I mean, what are you doing here?"

She shrugged. "I was enjoying myself. It's nice here, private, quiet, and away from annoyances like you. Though there's a question! What are you doing here?"

Shirou frowned dejectedly, and started to descend the rock face toward her. "Had to clear my head. Wandered away from the others, ended up here. I suppose we're not all that different, then."

"Do not put me on the same level as a pathetic loser like you! And watch your step, Dummkopf, it's easy to fall from there," Valda retorted indignantly.

Shirou snorted. "I didn't know you cared so much."

"Fool, why wouldn't I? You're useless to me if you go and break your neck on some dumb rocks."

"I'm touched by your concern," he deadpanned. He jumped the last couple of feet, and turned to face her. "Anyway, since I guess I ruined your peace and quiet," he snarked, "mind if I help out or something?"

She looked him over, a look of mild disdain clearly set upon her visage. "... Hmm, perhaps if I give you some simple projects.... Fine you can be my assistant, but don't screw it up or there will be hell to pay!"

"Yes ma'am," he quipped, "Had I known you were here, I'd have brought my bag - I've got some pails and things we could have used." He paused, looking over the structure. "Anyway, what do you have in mind?"

Valda shrugged. "Well... just work on smoothing out that left wall there, I'm working on this turret... towery... thing... Ah whatever, it'll look cool when I'm done." She resumed her work before sending a smirk over her shoulder. "Well, get to work then Assistant! You should be honoured that you're helping the auspicious Valda Krieg at work and in play!"

Shirou simply sighed and nodded, crouching down and beginning to work on the wall. He'd had enough of the verbal jousting and elected to remain silent. They worked for some time with only the rhythmic crash of water against the beach to disturb the quiet.

"Well, what is it?"

Shirou looked up from his work. "Huh? What is what?"

"What has you so miserable? If you're going to be here whilst I'm enjoying myself I expect you not to drag it down! Honestly how can you be such a misery guts when you're with me?!" She seemed miffed.

"Woah, take it easy Krieg. I," he trailed off and sighed again. "I got a picture from Raglan, and it's like there's a rock in my stomach." The exhaustion of the day finally caught up with him, and he flopped onto his back. "I don't really understand it myself."

Shirou was unused to such feelings. He never encountered children his own age while at Eden base, much less girls. He knew he liked talking with Tokei about physics, and her smile was pleasant. He knew they were friends, but he did not know why the picture unsettled him so.

"Picture? Oh you mean the one with Tokei and the Snake? Pfft, is that all? I don't deny I find her taste appalling but it's hardly worth concern," she said with a shrug.

Valda, however, came to a different conclusion. "OHHH! Huh... could it be you're jealous of the Snake?"

Shirou frowned. "Snake? You sure have some odd nicknames for people," he said, disregarding the meat of her statement.

"I call it as I see it. Though I suppose I can see where you're coming from. It must be hard, being the one with the funny name with no backbone. You must've thought that even you had better chances of getting a girlfriend than that damned Snake! Hahaha."

Her words incensed Shirou, and to add insult to injury she started laughing heartily.

Scrambling to his feet, Shirou turned on the brunette. "Sh-SHUT UP! What the hell is your problem, Krieg? Do you always kick your team-mates when they're down, or is your high horse just named 'Inferiority Complex'?" He grabbed Valda's collar and dragged her up so they were face to face. "Bloody hell, why else would you hide such a beautiful face behind a mask and spout insults about the rest of us, huh?!"

Shirou froze as his mind caught up with his words. He noted their close proximity as a brief look of panic flitted across Valda's face. This was quickly replaced by rage as she threw him away from herself.

"Y-YOU! HOW THE HELL DARE YOU! WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE!?! DON'T FUCKING TOUCH ME," she growled, her face red. "I can say and do what I want! It isn't MY fault you can't outdo the Snake at even the littlest of things! Guys like you are the worst! All you want is damn PITY!"

Shirou stumbled backwards before regaining balance. "Oh yeah," he asked coolly. "And what about you? Why did you come out here?"

Valda glared at him. "To get away from annoyances like you! I'm entitled to have some peace and quiet on what is supposed to be a day off. And yet here you are trying everything in your power to make my life that much more miserable because you can't accomplish anything!"

You can't accomplish anything.

Shirou fell to his hands and knees.

You can't accomplish anything.

He began to laugh.

"Hah. Hahaha. Maybe you're right. Hahahaha. I couldn't save Qi during that battle. I failed Katla twice. Hahaha. Then there was that fight in the arcade I couldn't stop. And then of course there's also that fiasco with Unit-03. Heh, you know Krieg, I asked the Major if I could train today instead of coming here. I can't save people. Not as I am now. Hell if I don't try, though."

At this point, his laughter was ragged. Tears streamed down his nose and dripped onto the sand.

"Honestly, you really ARE pathetic." He never saw the slap coming. "MAN UP ALREADY! Crying isn't going to help you! If you want to get stronger, you should've come to me sooner. It's a hassle but looking out for my pilots is part of my job."

Shirou was stunned. His thoughts rebooting, he picked himself up and wiped at his face with sandy hands. His fresh cuts screamed with the abrasive contact. Putting thoughts of disinfectant aside, his mind churned trying to think of something to say.

"Hah," he snorted, "Your pilots, eh? One day I hope I can show you that we are on your level. But until then, I guess I'll just have to take your advice, eh Captain?" He flashed Valda a smirk.

He was surprised to have it met with a small smile that grew into a full-blown grin.

"Damn right! Still today IS a day off... hmm, I suppose the best first step would be to build some confidence in you...." A spark flashed in her eyes. "AHAH! That's it! C'mon private, I've got a game planned out." She turned to head for the rocks before facing Shirou. "WAIT! Turn around and don't look! I... I need to put my bathing suit back on," she said, face flushed.

Shirou's face matched hers. "R-right," he stammered, turning to comply.

Return to “Role-Playing Related”