[RP] Rebuild of Evangelion

General Role-Playing and collective works.

Moderator: Board Staff

Lance of LoL
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Lance of LoL » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:01 pm

Qi sat at the back of the class, his mind wandering as it tended to these days. He observed the other students. Their actions, their speech, all of it incomprehensible to him. His gaze drifted to the front of the class. Katla entered in her usual quiet manner before finding her desk. However, something unusual took place soon after. As soon as she sat down, a chorus of laughs and high fives, a event Qi had come to associate with victory went around certain individuals. It was confusing to say the least. His eye drew back to Katla, something was wrong with her posture, no one but him sat that rigidly in their chair. No sooner had she sat down than she was off again, a distinct ripping noise cutting through the room.

A strange sensation rushed through Qi as he watched the girl run from the room. He was not unfamiliar with it, but it was the first time he had ever felt it on an individual level. It was the urge to protect. The same feeling that drove his directives. The same feeling that willed him to sacrifice himself for the good of others. His eyes focused on the students who laughed, his hand twitched.

By the time Katla returned, Qi had spent several moments contemplating what to do. The Vice-Commander wasn't present, so he could not ask for advice on the matter. Several of the other pilots scattered as soon as the lunch bell had rang, still no aide. His hand twitched. As much as he hated to admit it, his directives did not envelop ideas such as the ones he was having. His only resolve on the matter was to either go with his instincts, or do nothing.. Qi stood up.

Walking calmly to the front of the class, Qi unbuttoned his jacket and removed it. The extra layer afforded by his old uniform served its purpose well. Stepping up behind Katla, he quietly wrapped the article around her shoulders before turning. He didn't want to say anything, he didn't know what there was to say, so he continued as he deemed necessary.

“So, the freaks help each other out, huh?” Qi smiled as the voice rang out. One of the students sat by the window grinned, his legs up on his desk. He wore his uniform in shambles, doing his best to disassociate himself from the school as much as he could. His hair was bleach blonde and the scrapes on his knuckles indicated he was no stranger to fighting.

“Tohru Ichimi, seat twenty-seven. You have an interest in motorcycles, the highest detention rate in the year and have been forced to join the drama club as an outlet for your anger. Surprisingly you also have the highest score in the class for literature. A hidden passion perhaps?” Qi reeled off the facts like they were printed right in front of him, the punk's face contorting in confusion and then anger as he continued.

“You spyin' on me, Freak?!” Tohru rose from his seat. Heads began to turn.

“No, I merely observed the classroom. However it is easy to remember those that make a point to be heard.” Qi smiled. The other boy glared.

“What's that supposed to mean?” he questioned through gritted teeth.

“There is an old saying, perhaps you are familiar with it. Cut off the head of the snake, and the body will die. It's a military phrase. When you kill the leader, the army loses direction.” Qi explained happily.

“Is there a point to this?” Tohru sneered.

“Yes, you may not be the leader, but you are certainly loud enough, and well known. So I will use you as my messenger. There is to be no more malicious behaviour towards the other pilots. If it doesn't cease, I will have to get involved.” Tohru's hand flashed as he pulled his blade, stabbing the tip into his desk. His dark eyes glowering at Qi.

“Where do you think you are, ya Chinese Freak!” The blade dragged across the wooden surface. “I don't care if you and that German gorilla threw down, no one tells me what to do.”

“A spring loaded pen knife. A typical gang weapon. How quaint.” Qi stepped towards the boy. Tohru's expression faultered.

“Wh, what?!” Qi held up his hand, Tohru was lost.

“You're a very intelligent person Tohru. You learned early that the way to get what you want is to use fear. Unfortunately for you, you only learned to prey on the basest form of fear. The human instinct to run from a threat. So when people aren't afraid of you, you're lost. I, on the other hand, learned to use something much more effective...” Qi took another step forward, Tohru stepped back, his pinned blade keeping him from running.

“Wh, I don't know what the hell you're talkin' about, get the hell out of here Freak!” Tohru growled unconvincingly.

“See, I told you you were intelligent. You know well enough that while you can draw that knife, you can't use it. Attacking me would only land you in more trouble. Bullying is easy to get away with, stabbing the salvation of mankind, bit more difficult. Now then, like I was saying before, I learned to use something much more effective than base instinct. Would you like to know what it is?” Qi continued to smile as he took another step. Tohru had no way to retreat, his arm already extended to keep a hold of his knife.

“Oh yeah, what? You talk a lot, but you've got nothin' to back it up.” Tohru steadied himself, Qi's lack of action allowing him to gain some control of the situation once more.

“That is where you're mistaken. You've felt it this entire time, haven't you? An animal will run from a threat because that is common sense, but knowing you are trapped, knowing your end is near, just waiting for the guillotine to drop. That's dread. The impending knowledge of death. That is what I learned Tohru Ichimi, that is what I wield... Oh, and this.” Qi's hand flashed with silver as another blade joined Tohru's, burying itself to the hilt into the boy's desk. Tohru fell back, letting out a yelp. Scrambling back across the floor, he could see the blade piercing his desk from the underside.

“This is a first generation progressive knife infantry type. Lab tested to continue cutting through up to a thousand feet of variable material including wood, ceramic, plate steel and concrete with rebar supports. There isn't an armour in the world that will stop this.” Qi's smile vanished, his crimson eyes glaring at the punk student as he backed into the wall. “The bullying stops, or I will hold you personally responsible, do you understand?” Qi pushed his hand forward, his knife grinding through the wooden desk with ease, slowing only momentarily to split the long metal horseshoe shape that made up the legs. With a flourish, the knife finished cutting and disappeared. Qi's expression returned to his typical smile as he tapped the desk. It fell in half.

“I hope I've made myself perfectly clear.” he smiled. Tohru shot out of the room like a bat out of hell as Qi took his seat again, picking up one of his textbooks quietly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The garden was tranquil. Water burbled through the small river that ran through the open space, several trees shedding leaves across the grass as Deng Guofeng sat on a stone bench admiring the scenery. Music drifted through the air as he basked in the light. Sitting in the grass, the musicians played without distraction. Using several cultural instruments, the quartet of girls made and ensemble from memory. Each one identical to the next in appearance, gleaming red eyes and long silvery hair trailing down their backs or up in unique arrangements, each wearing full formal regalia. A researcher made his way across the garden, towards Deng, a worried expression on his face.

“Commander, I, um, sorry to interrupt.” he nodded an apology.

“Not at all, they would play even if I wasn't here. Marvellously dedicated they are.” Deng blustered before gesturing to the open seat next to him. The researcher sat down.

“Commander, we have a slight issue. The test system, well, we've got the base model working, but, we can't program in the advanced tactic simulations. All we get out of it is instinctual data. I think it's a problem is-!” He glanced towards the quartet hesitantly before Deng waved him on. “I think the problem is the original data. We can copy the synchronization pattern, but none of the experience data carries across. All we get is a monster.” Deng nodded thoughtfully.

“That's fine. Pass that on to the Americans. The General wanted something for that scrapped together Eva of his. Least now they'll have a defence while Kenny hordes the rest of them.” Deng waved his hand in tune with the music.

“But Commander, it's not finished.” The music stopped. The researcher turned hurriedly to face the musicians, four pairs of crimson eyes stared back at him.

“It's alright girls, continue.” Deng reassured them and the music began once again. “Don't panic, they were trained, but they're not the same calibre of killers. A shame we couldn't conceive more men from that dead end.” the aged commander mused. “Now listen, you know it's incomplete, I know it's incomplete. The rest of the world only know what we tell them. Give them the test system, tell them it's the final product and when you've worked out the problem, we'll have the improved system fit for active duty, and they'll have our left overs. With any luck the U.N. Will finally realise the waste of these other children and allow us full authority over the situation.” Deng grumbled as he stood up slowly. The researcher followed his lead. Picking up a hand held from the bench, Deng looked it over with mild surprise.

“Something wrong Commander?” the researcher asked.

“No, quite the opposite in fact. Section Two has gotten back to me. They've scrambled the signal from the satellite, no more eye in the sky for Kenny and the rest of those foreign scum.” Deng chuckled darkly, the researcher only looking more nervous next to him. “Girls, go get changed. We will be beginning preparations for Operation Zhenniao.” The musicians stood in unison, collecting up their instruments before walking quietly back towards the main installation of Golgotha base.

Meanwhile, deep within the earth of Tokyo-3, Johann dug through mountains of paperwork to try and find something even remotely resembling what he was looking for.

“How the hell do you work like this?” he shouted over the pile.

“I don't, it's usually more spread out, this is what built up when we were on leave.” Kiyoshi's voice echoed somewhere beyond the peak.

“Bullshit, I left the report here yesterday and the pile wasn't half this size!” he threw up a stack in frustration.

“What can I say, turn my back for five minutes... What do you need it for anyway?”

“I need to make a copy for Owen and the one on my computer got deleted... At this rate I'll just have to type a new one.” he sighed. “So how're the kids?”

“Adjusting. I think most of them have finally gotten used to living here. Valda needs a serious talking to though, and when I get a chance I'll tie her down and make sure she gets one!” Kiyoshi's voice filled with emotion.

“I get it, they're teenagers, what do you expect...” he rifled through another mound.

“What about physically, anything to report there?”

“Most of them are on the mend, except Akio and Tokei. I told Akio his eye colour change was due to head trauma. I'm just thankful he's not a doctor.”

“What's that supposed to mean?” she asked with a hint of confusion.

“Head trauma doesn't cause a shift in eye pigment, at least not consistently in both eyes and permanent. Truth is, I still don't know. There's no more sign of infection, he checks out mentally, his eyes have just shifted pigmentation completely, it's weird.”

“Weird? The great Doctor Idle stumped, is he?” Kiyoshi laughed.

“Shut it. As for Tokei, I told her she could keep her mask, but we are going to have to give her skin grafts regardless.”

“How come?”

“I didn't want to put her under more stress, but exposed muscle is a hot bed for bacteria and infection. If we don't do the surgery she runs the risk of paralysing her face, losing what muscles have already been reconstructed, even dying. I've got her on antibiotics and and eye drops for now, but once she's done I'm going to tell her we need to do the procedure. It won't be pretty, but it'll be safe. At least LCL is sterile, she can pilot until then.” he flipped over a sheet absently.

“What good are eye drops going to do for infection?” Kiyoshi questioned hesitantly, sure the answer would make her look stupid.

“They aren't. Her artificial eye isn't exactly perfect, we just shrunk down some Eva prosthesis to make the thing, but it's essentially a metal ball hooked to her ocular nerves. She has to use them to stop it from feeling dry or irritating until we can work out a new one. The march of progress and all that.” Johann stood defeated.

“That's pretty cool, you guys are getting good at this stuff huh?”

“That's what happens in wars, isn't it? You advance or die. Anyway, I'm having no luck here, just going to have to type it again. See you later Kiyoshi.” he sighed as he made his way out.
Avatar: MAKE WAY FOR THE HOMO SUPERIOR!

>>>>Rebuild of Evangelion RP "If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough."~Meister Eckhart<<<<

Nuke-kun: I know not of this "civil conversation" bullshit you speak of.

Atropos
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Atropos » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:32 pm

Shiori saw Isaac after a while, and made a beeline for him. He wasn't expecting her, and seemed a bit unnerved by her presence.

"H-hey, Shiori," Isaac stuttered. "How's it going?"

She opened her mouth to speak, but swallowed the thought. Damn it, she thought. Why can't I just out and say it?

"Isaac," she said after a long pause, "I've got something to show you. Er, that came out wrong."

Isaac stared at her, and chuckled. "Hehe…it's fine. What do you want to show me?"

"It has to do with your father…and NERV." As soon as the words left her mouth, Shiori sensed they were a mistake. Isaac's expression hardened.

"Why should I care about what my father does?" he nearly shouted at her. Shiori sighed. There was no time for antics like these…

"Because your life does not belong to you alone, now," she said calmly and slowly.

"What do you mean?" Isaac asked, cautiously.

"The hand of fate is moving, and the finger points to you," Shiori intoned. "It knocks you to your feet, boy, now what are you gonna do?"

Isaac gritted his teeth.

"What!? What are you talking about Shiori? What happened to you? I mean...why are you so strange? You talk about this whole 'Bridegroom' thing and none of it makes any sense!" After he was done yelling, Isaac started to blush in embarrassment. "What happened to you in the first battle? I'm worried about you..."

Shiori smirked. "What you are seeing is the real me - not the pathetic human who cowered in the dark and sought only power. Isaac," she said, extending her hand, "if you come with me, I promise all will be revealed. Do you accept?"

To her dismay, Isaac did not take her hand. "...Shiori...I don't think you are well. Maybe you should talk to my psychiatrist...she might be able to help you."

Shiori froze, her hand still extended. Wild and terrible thoughts ran through her head. No! He's rejecting it…rejecting me?

He reached for her arm. "Why can't you be normal...I l-like you Shiori. I just want you to be happy."

"SHUT UP!" She pulled away and began screaming at him, tears in her eyes. "How the fuck can you say that, when you won't even try to understand me? Why can't you see it's for the best? WHY THE FUCK NOT?"

She had vanished from the hallway before anyone registered what had happened. Shiori wiped a tear from her eye. That boy, that stupid boy… who the fuck was he to tell her off?

Her head hung low, Shiori made her way to the cafeteria. This was not right. Things were not going according to plan.

For some strange reason, she suddenly looked up, and she saw Katla sitting at an empty table, her head buried in her hands. Instantly Shiori felt pity for the girl. Like the hedgehog, aspects of her nature beyond her control had made her unlovable to others.

She knew what she had to do. Shiori walked over to Katla's side and gently tapped her on the shoulder. The smaller girl looked up. Shiori smiled.

"Suppliant," she said. "It's good to see you…would you like to have lunch?"

+++

"I don't really dream about anything," Katla said. "There's nothing I want or wish for."

"Oh?" Shiori raised an eyebrow and bit into a takoyaki ball. "Surely you must want something."

Katla looked down at her dish, and sighed. The two girls were sitting on a hillside with their lunches. Shiori had purchased a box for each of them, and they'd slipped out of the school while no one was watching. Now, she was trying to communicate with this silent waif.

"What do you dream about?" Katla asked, tilting her head.

Shiori paused, and stared up at the sky.

"All I ever seem to dream about is the Moon."

"The Moon?" Katla asked. "Why the Moon?"

"It's…it's free," Shiori said. "It's a symbol of nature, the untamed wild. I…I wish I could be like that."

Silence.

"Is there something you'd like to be free of, Katla?"

Katla jumped and mumbled something to herself.

"Sorry, didn't catch that," Shiori said, leaning closer. "Could you repeat it?"

"I want…" Katla stammered. "I want to be free of mother."

Shiori blinked. "Mother?"

Katla nodded. "For a long time…my mother's been watching me, hanging over me like a ghost. And I just want to be free…"

Shiori nodded and pursed her lips. With only a scant distance between their faces, it almost looked like she was puckering up.

"I've heard about ghosts," she said to Katla. "I've heard that if you want to get rid of one, you have to destroy the thing that binds them to our world."

She pressed closer, forcing Katla to lean back. Shiori was now practically forcing herself on the girl.

"Tell me," she purred. "Is there anything that sounds like it could be…that thing?"

"Uh…Shiori?" Katla squeaked. "Please think about…what it looks like we're doing."

"Pay it no mind, girl," Shiori said, and planted a kiss firmly on the other girl's lips. "Perhaps going after the phylactery's not the way to go. Perhaps the problem is deeper, more…psychological."

She brushed a lock of hair out of Katla's eye.

"Dealing with that would be more complicated," Shiori mused. "It would take weeks of study and devotional practice…I don't think we'd have time for it."

She leaned in for a second kiss, and Katla braced herself as if she was expecting a violent strike. Thankfully for her, the bell rang. Shiori sprang to her feet and grabbed her lunch.

"Crap!" she said. "C'mon, Katla, we have to get back to class!"

She ran away, leaving a very relieved Katla on the hillside.

Aggroxcraig
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Aggroxcraig » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:24 pm

Standing in front of Isaac was Shiori who looked like she was arguing in her mind on what to say. "Isaac," Shiori managed to let out after a few moments of silence. "I've got something to show you. Er, that came out wrong." Shiori said while letting a small smile appear on her face.

Isaac softly chuckled at the comment made by the girl while brushing the back of his head. "Hehe…it's fine. What do you want to show me?"

"It has to do with your father…and NERV." Shiori said while looking side to side as Isaac's expression became obviously annoyed at the mention of his father. It has been a really long time since he had seen his father. While in the hospital, Isaac shamelessly wanted his father to at least check up on him. Not once did he even notice him make an appearance while he was there, but Isaac wasn't surprised by this.

"Why should I care about what my father does?" Isaac almost shouted at Shiori while he noticed some wandering students stop to look at his outburst. Noticing that he got carried away with his emotions, Isaac felt ashamed that he talked to Shiori that way.

"Because your life does not belong to you alone, now," Shiori said while she carefully picked her words.

"What do you mean?" Isaac asked while narrowing his eyes at the girl.

"The hand of fate is moving, and the finger points to you. It knocks you to your feet, boy, now what are you gonna do?"

Isaac had enough of the girls rambling of things that made no sense. He thought back about their time spent in the shelter and felt so stupid to think that Shiori was some sort of soothsayer. Grinding his teeth, Isaac stared into the calm girls eyes while he let his emotions out. "What!? What are you talking about Shiori? What happened to you? I mean...why are you so strange? You talk about this whole 'Bridegroom' thing and none of it makes any sense!" Looking around him, Isaac saw some students stop walking as they stared at him. He noticed some of them start to whisper to one another. Blushing, Isaac realized that he went too far and remembered who he was talking to. A friend. While Shiori was weird, he had no right to talk to her that way. Deep down Isaac knew that he still couldn't forgive himself what happened to Shiori the first day that they met. She seemed so normal when they first met and then after the Angel battle, she seemed odd. "What happened to you in the first battle? I'm worried about you..."

Shiori smirked at Isaac from his rambling "What you are seeing is the real me - not the pathetic human who cowered in the dark and sought only power. Isaac" she said, extending her hand, "if you come with me, I promise all will be revealed. Do you accept?"

Isaac looked at the girl's hand and felt half tempted to grab it. He knew that he would only go to Shiori out of pity for her, but also secretly wanted to be near her. Why do I feel that way? Hell, I don't even know Shiori that well. But the dreams...She has always been in them. Do I feel sorry for her? Maybe that's it...I have to help her. "...Shiori...I don't think you are well. Maybe you should talk to my psychiatrist...she might be able to help you." After saying that, Isaac saw the girls expression instantly change. It almost looked like she was afraid of him. With Shiori's hand still extended, Isaac moved his left hand towards her arm. "Why can't you be normal...I l-like you Shiori." What? Why did I say that? Isaac thought in his head while he continued speaking." I just want you to be happy."

"SHUT UP!" Shiori yelled at Isaac as he felt his heart beating. What did I just do?! I didn't mean to make her mad. Isaac thought as he tried to open his mouth before getting cut off by Shiori who continued to yell at him. "How the fuck can you say that, when you won't even try to understand me? Why can't you see it's for the best? WHY THE FUCK NOT?" With that Shiori ran away as fast as she could with the students who stood in the hall way now staring at Isaac. Most of the females started to glare at him and their whispers were intentionally loud enough for him to hear. Words like, "Ass" or "Jerk" were commonly muttered as Isaac still in shock watched Shiori run away. I-I made he cry...Why did I say tha-

"What did you do!?" A girl yelled at Isaac while getting too close for comfort. Isaac tried to think about the girl and a name came across his mind. Mitsuko. Mitsuko tapped her foot while she impatiently waited for Isaac to say something. The girl was a bit shorter than Shiori, but had her hair neatly trimmed around her shoulders with a gentle curl. "Well?!"

"I-I didn't mean to..." Isaac said while bashfully looking away. Mitsuko moved her head to stare into Isaac's eyes.

"Do you know how worried I have been about Shiori!? Ever since you and the others came by she...she has changed." Mitsuko managed to let out while her voice cracked as her eyes started to get full. "This is all your fault!!" She yelled while trying to hold back tears.

"Wait, now hold on a-" Isaac mustered up to try and defend his point, but was quickly stopped by a slap that echoed through out the hallway. Students that were still around let out a silent gasp as they couldn't help but look at Isaac with slight disgust.

"Just shut up! How dare you make my friend cry! If I catch you around her again, so help me..." Mitsuko let out before running in the same direction that Shiori went. Isaac stood in shock as he placed his hand to his left check and felt the heat that radiated from the surprisingly hard slap. Students eventually left to continue their business while Isaac slowly got out of the stupor he was in from the slap.

I deserved that. Isaac thought as he walked away from the eyes of what few classmates remained before they too left. As his foot steps echoed in the school, Isaac could hear nothing but those steps as he made his way to some unknown destination. The slap still hurt, but it didn't bother too much after a while. Isaac knew that he deserved that in every way. His interaction was Shiori was not tactful at all and had he handled it differently she might of understood that he was only trying to help.

"How the fuck can you say that, when you won't even try to understand me?"

"I didn't. If I only tried to understand her, maybe things would be different..." Isaac thought when he realized that he reached the music room once again. As he stared into the empty room, Isaac saw the piano and remembered he hadn't played the it for months now. He used to play every day, but that was when times were more simple. His purpose before Evangelion was to grow his talents in the piano, graduate from grade school, go to college, get married, have kids and then die. Now things were different. He was to protect the world from the Angels. As Isaac sat down on the piano stool, he closed his eyes and started to hit the piano keys and grimaced as it was slightly out of tune.

Despite being out of tune, Isaac let out a deep breath before he started to play the piano. In Isaac's mind he tried to escape this hellish reality, but was quickly returned as he thought once again on Shiori's words. While hitting each key, his mind brought up all of the other pilots. He thought about each and every one of them and how he never really did try to understand them. Was he afraid to understand them, or was he afraid of them understanding him?He continued to play as the song resonated out of the room through the school halls before stopping to look aimlessly forward.

"Fuck. I'm such an idiot..." Isaac muttered as he place his head on piano while he continued to beat himself up in his head over his interactions with the others. He slightly lied to Akio about the Angel battle because he didn't want to explain what happened. Isaac was still afraid from happened that day. He tried to treat Valda like some crazy patient rather than a friend. He did want to help her, but he didn't want to even try to understand her. Raglan and Shirou had been good friends to him and Isaac was just using them to escape from reality but didn't care to get to know them. Tokei had been hurt during the last battle and Isaac ignored the girl. She could use a friend after he heard what happened to her, but Isaac was afraid to see her. Qi was just too different to Isaac, but he always saw Shirou hanging out with him. Shirou was a good guy who actually wanted to get to know Qi. Katla was something Isaac needed to eventually address. Maybe if he tried to understand her, he might be able to see why she hangs out with his father. Maybe by doing that, he too could understand his dad. Isaac knew in order to actually attempt to make through this whole ordeal he needed to understand his fellow pilots, but he was too afraid to even try that.

"God damn it....I'm such a coward."

BPES
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby BPES » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:05 pm

For Valda, the school day has been a complete blank, paying half attention to the lessons and idly doodling around her notes. Although she’d always been bad at staying in schools for very long, she did make sure to study and keep her mind sharp. Lately though she could barely focus on the work that was presented to her and it wasn’t because she’d been skipping days. The calmest she felt was when she ignored everything else and just let her mind wander aimlessly. By the time the lunch bell signalled, Valda decided she wanted to get some air and made a beeline for the exit not long after most of the others who were leaving had disappeared.

Valda didn’t particularly care to pay attention to her surroundings or the faceless masses that occupied them; she just walked on her way with many people having the good sense to get out of her way. She had noticed lately though that the number of people who had been wary of her presence had decreased since her brawl with Qi. She growled a little at that, the punk wasn’t bad but where did he get off interfering with her like that.

She was aware enough to notice the looming figure of a stupidly sized human being for his age, blocking her path as if he had any right to do so. Valda scowled behind her mask, she was not in the mood to deal with foolish Japanese Neanderthals that didn’t know their place. The big guy was flanked by some of his buddies, and none of them looked particularly impressed. Valda folded her arms and waited but they didn’t move. She felt like face palming, of course they wouldn’t move, they had no sense.

“Move.” She commanded, it was a simple one word order, but naturally it failed to register with these morons.

“Huh? What’s that? You say something tough girl?” The big one responded aggressively standing to his full height and trying to look intimidating. Valda felt her anger flare as that idiot tried something you’ see on a nature show. Clealry he didn’t know who he was dealing with.

“I said move, Stummer Affe. Or is that beyond your understanding as well?” Valda spoke back with a snide, venomous tone. The boy seemed to go red in the face and was about to do something immensely stupid when another voice chimed in.

“Now now, Sakamoto, what’s going on?” Said the figure as he walked into view, Mr Popular himself, the group in front of her seemed to back up to allow him forward, another irritating thing. Everything was against her lately wasn’t it?

“This ‘girl’ is trying to pick a fight!” The big guy, Saka-whatever said and Valda scoffed.

“Me? Fool, you’re the idiot who dared stand in my way like you’re worth something.” Valda shot back, anger lacing her every tone. The big brute looked ready to lunge at her comment but Mr Popular gently pushed him back smiling easily, as if it was all fine. Clearly he also needed a reality check.

“Calm down, now I’m sure this was all just a terrible misunderstanding, right Valda?” He spoke friendly and then placed a hand on her shoulder. Valda tensed immediately and saw red, reacting almost instantly grabbing the offending appendage and throwing it and the fool it was attached to over her body unceremoniously to the ground with a loud thud.

J!!?!” The groupies called out in unison at the sight. Though it was unseen due to her mask, her face was contorted into one of disgust. How dare he lay a hand on her so freely.

“What the hell is wrong with you?” He suddenly burst out angrily, stunning his groupies. “How dare you lay hands on me like that!”

“HAH! ME?! Who said scum like you was allowed to touch me!” Valda responded to Mr. Popular’s outcry. Watching this exchange in utter confusion was his little gang, what had they never seen the almighty ‘J’ put in his place before? That thought actually lifted her mood a little. Speaking of lifting, the idiot was getting up.

“S-Scum? What the hell’s the matter with you Krieg!!” He said pointing a finger at her whilst trying and utterly failing to not look flustered. Valda folded her arms again her irritation beginning to peak once more.

"You heard me loser, and get that finger out of my face unless you want me to break it. Show some damn respect for your betters, I'm in no mood to deal with your idiocy right now." Valda explained with all the patience she had left, needless to say her voice was clearly irritated.

The first thing that happened was that Mr. popular grew even redder in the face, like he was about to explode. His finger curled back as his hand formed a tight fist, if it weren’t for the modicum of intelligence he seemed to possess, he might have taken a swing at her. Instead though he took a deep breath and straightened his jacket before letting a cocky smirk appear on his face. At its appearance Valda raised an eyebrow and tense her arm ready to punch if he got too full of himself for whatever contrived reason he’d come up with for that expression.

“Krieg. Seventh Child. STAND. DOWN>” He spoke again, only this time his tone was in that of an order. Valda felt her fury boil over a dozen times more than before. Who the HELL did he think he was? She was going to wipe that insufferable smirk off his face. She grabbed him by the collar and dragged him forward glaring through her mask at his face, though even with this proximity, he’d be unable to see her glare.

“Want to try saying that again, spare?” She spoke with utter disdain, as if even speaking to him by this point was beneath her. He responded with his own glare in response. Hidden from sight, her glare was blazing with her outrage and irritancy while he kept a cold, icy glare of contempt in plain view.

He grabbed her wrist with his hand, not looking away. Despite the sudden offense Valda didn’t look away either. She hadn’t paid much attention to him before but now, now she had a good opportunity. From what she had seen he was blithely sociable, a serene face who tried to get along with everyone. Here though, when dealing with her that pathetic façade had been burnt away.

Gone was that typical pleasant look on his face, there was no trace of the mild irritation that occasionally came forward, the ice in his eyes was of cold fury. Valda wasn’t scared, though she would note that he was far more intimidating right now then that hairless ape who tried looming over her before.

“Let… Go... NOW!” Valda commanded lowly referring to the hand on her wrist. Her free hand was balled into a fist at her side, ready to let loose if he pushed his luck any further.

He threw her hand off him and let go immediately taking a few steps back but not tearing his gaze away from her. Valda let her arm fall to her side and tighten as she matched the stare, not backing down for an instant.

“Ok Krieg…” he said before finally turning away, Valda narrowed her eyes as he turned his back on her. She was caught between dismissing him or sending him to the floor again. His Flunkies walked by actually avoiding her this time and fell into step behind him, a few casting fleeting glances back at her. She waited a few moments before turning on her heel and storming off in the direction she had originally wanted to go, now free of those idiots who blocked her way.

She was going to head for the roof and get some air, maybe skip the rest of her classes and think over things. If she had to deal with idiots like that again anytime soon she’d wind up putting someone through a window.
In my experiance, there's only one thing harder than learning something new... and that is teaching it.

BEEP BEEP MUTHERF******

Live: charleserg7 Steam: aciescaelestis PSN: ChocoBP7

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:44 pm

Akio an Tomoko finished their bentos. “I’m going to head back down. I need to ask Carter about my make-up work.” Akio said as he stood up. He made his way back down stairs with Tomoko following close behind him. He they walked down the hallway he could hear the distinct sound of a piano. “Someone’s playing the piano! It’s so beautiful!” Tomoko exclaimed. Akio had an inkling of who was playing. He slowly approached the music room and peeked in to see Isaac. “Wow he is so talented!” Tomoko whispered. Akio read his friend’s expressions as he played, he could tell that Isaac was depressed. “God damn it…. I’m such a coward.” He heard Isaac mutter.

Akio then turned to Tomoko. “Go ahead and head to class…. I’ll see you after school.” He whispered. She nodded and quietly made her way down the hall. Akio slowly crept into the music room, remembering back when he first heard Isaac playing and the conversation they had. “That’s Chopin right?” Isaac looked up at Akio, clearly surprised; he nodded confirming that Akio was right.
“Despite being slightly out of tune it still sounds wonderful.” He sat down in a chair next to the piano. He let out a sigh. “Isaac… I heard what you said. You are not a coward… I would not be sitting here if it wasn’t for you and Valda saving me.”

“… how are you feeling? Does it feel great to be back at school?”

Akio scratched the back of his head. “I’m ok I guess… still trying to cope with everything.” He paused. “It’s nice to have a sense of normalcy again… although with what we do I don’t think things will ever be normal again for us.” Isaac let out a half assed laugh. “Yeah after this is done I’m sure we’ll get our lives back.” There was a long pause.

“Isaac… don’t be so hard on yourself. I know it’s hard to cope with what’s been happening but…” His voice trailed off. “As your friend I am really worried when I see you like this… don’t let this stuff consume you…” He sighed. “I don’t know how the hell I’m even coping as well as I am with what happened to me…”

“That’s because you’re a strong person Akio.” He paused for a moment.” Everything will be fine. You guys just need to stay alive and everything will be fine.”

“Yeah I guess… Your strong too… you just don’t give yourself enough credit.” He paused. “Nobody is going to die on my watch.” Akio let out a laugh. I guess some of Valda has rubbed off on me.”
Isaac chuckled “Let’s hope not.” Isaac started hitting a few keys on the piano. “Speaking of Valda, have you seen her yet?”

“Yeah the other day when I came home… She never said a word to me though. She just stared at me for a second and then ran off to her room.”

“She’s been like that for a while. She probably has a lot on her mind.”

“Yeah… after the Angel battle I’m sure that she does.” Akio Got up from the chair and proceeded to sit down next to Isaac on the bench. “Do you think you could teach me a little on how to play? I’ve always wanted to play an instrument.” Akio asked.

“I’ve never taught anyone before… where do you want to start?” He says while playing several different chords.

“Just some basic stuff I guess.”

Isaac smiles and nods “Alright. Nothing fancy then.”

He then hits a key in the very center of the piano. “This is middle C. Consider this your best friend so you don’t get lost.” He explained.

“Okay” Akio said.

Isaac plays a few chords. This is a C chord… D chord… and A chord.” He gets off of the bench “Alright give it a try.”

Akio hits the middle C. “This is middle C.” He then plays the chords Isaac played. “and that was chords C,D, and A. How am I doing?” He says with a smile.

“Fine. Now play them at this tempo.” Isaac starts to clap his hands at a slow tempo.

“Okay” Akio plays them at the tempo Isaac is clapping out.

“Again” He claps faster.

Akio picks up the pace, hitting each chord perfectly in time.

“A little sloppy, but good” He pushes Akio aside. “Let’s do some scales” Isaac proceeds to play all of the chromatic scales. “Try the C chromatic scale.” He plays the scale and then moves over.
Akio slides over and begins to play the scale. After messing up the first couple of times playing it, he plays it correctly each time afterwards.

“Alright, let’s try a D flat scale” He plays it and then turns to Akio to follow.

Akio follows, playing each note without trouble this time.

“Very good. Let’s do a- “The lunch bell rings. “Well I guess we can do some more later” Isaac heads towards the door. “We should probably head back.”

“Yeah. Hey thanks. I look forward to learning more!” Akio says with a smile.

The two then proceed to head back to class.
"If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid." - Me
"Has anyone ever told you how pretty your eyes are?" - Akio's most famous line.
Akio in Lance of LoL's Rebuild RP
Steam/PSN: MAGI_01 Origin: MAGI_02
Interested in a FMA based RP? Then check this out!

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:34 am

"Nerv-7 reserve satellite link please," Raglan uttered nonchalantly into the green plastic receiver of the payphone, leaning back against the booth, turning out for a view of the streets of Shimokitazawa-Ni. "Connection; 220."

"Your personnel reference number, please." The voice of the Nerv communications operator came back. Tone succinct and clip.

"578576-C6."

A small pause followed. The faint sound of keys tapping barely audible over the line.

"Thank you, Mr Wyngarde. One moment... Patching you through to Tagbha Base connection 220 now, secure line."

An idiosyncratic dial tone started up, and Raglan's eyes wandered, taking in the goings-on of the street surrounds;

A group of truant school kids walked past. Girls laughing. One boy bouncing a basketball mindlessly. From the way he palmed the ball the Sixth could tell he knew how to play. He checked to ensure the uniform wasn't Nishi High...

A street vendor was touting produce from his stall across the way, using a fan to accentuate the movements of his hands. The seller had a terribly pronounced lazy eye and his manner was rough and overly familiar, but the bananas did look good. Raglan made note of picking a couple up once done. It had probably been two years or more since he last had one.

The frequency of the tone changed into a more urgent beeping.

There was also a portly Asian man - Not Japanese. Chinese, perhaps - Using the phone two sets down to Raglan's right, who seemed to be casting glances at him whilst muttering away. Though with the man's heavily tinted sunglasses, he couldn't tell.

"Ah, J. Now this is a bit of an unexpected surprise," the kind voice cut through the end of the dial tone, but sounding oddly delayed and quiet. "Been some time now - How have you been?"

"Hi Mr Pinker! Yeah, it's been a while. Or as the Japanese say 'Ohisashiburi desu'." Raglan had forgotten how the Tagbha Base director could so easily cheer him up, even if it was just his voice on the other side of a phone call.

"I'm well, I guess. Things are pretty crazy, as I'm sure you could imagine. Just so much stuff has gone on these past few months too."

"Yeah, yeah - I know. I read the reports from HQ, though they're detail lite..." Steven's voice trailed off, and Raglan could picture from recollection him at his desk, shuffling through piles of paper and flicking through files on his PC; working whilst talking.

"Well you'll be interested to know we've just finished prepping the Mark.06's transport ark for launch. It departs today. Finally, after all these years of work, Tagbha Base's primary development is finally complete and shipping out."

Raglan smiled at the small hint of pride in the director's voice.

Wow, it really has come a long way then. The Child thought to himself, recalling the last image of the Mark.06 from memory, viewed from the window of the shuttle departing from the moon base all these months ago.

SPOILER: Show
"I'm just readying the last of the documentation and data now for Johann. The fundamental difference in build is all well and good on paper but when actually getting to work with it..." He trailed off again, but only to chuckle.

Raglan's smile persisted.

"Ah well, I'll put you through to Alleyne anyway, J. Don't be a stranger now, you hear."

"Thanks Mr Pinker. Good talking to you, surely."

"Bye, J." Steven said in parting - The bizarre dial tone returning, this time with a slight touch of static.

He quickly checked his watch to see how he was doing for time when a loud, rough voice suddenly burst from the other side of the line. "J-my-boy! How've you been?"

"Major! I've been well..." Raglan replied excitedly. And they talked for the good part of half an hour. About Raglan's time so far in Tokyo-3. The other pilots. School. Basketball. And girls.

"So got yourself a girl yet, kid? Surely you must have a special someone - Someone you're thinking about. The girls there wouldn't be in their right minds to pass you up, that's for sure." The major queried in jest.

Raglan laughed, trying not to let the unease show in his voice. An image of Katla, and then Kei, flashed through his mind but he stifled the thought.

"Nah. No one." He replied dismissively...

It was good talking to Alleyne again though. He and Steven Pinker were the only people Raglan had left that were something akin to family, and he couldn't explain why he hadn't spoken to them since having left base. Perhaps having got too caught up with what was going on in the war with the Angels and school.

"I'm sure Steve already told you but the Mark.06 departs soon. A lot of folk here are proud that the development is finally wrapped up, as plagued by such things as it was. Just want to say that we are all very proud of you also, J. The end result of all our work these years is not only the Evangelion designation; Mark.06... But you as well - It's pilot; The Sixth Child."

The boy was at a lost for words.

The Major continued.

"All the training, the drills, the exercises. All the... the sacrifice," Raglan closed his eyes, shutting out that old pain, rubbing at his throat - Knowing what Alleyne was referring to. "It all comes down to this..."

"The doctors Wyngarde would be proud of you too, J-my-boy. I hope you know that."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After finishing his call, Raglan headed over to the fruit stall and picked up a couple bananas and a few plums that also manage to catch his eye from across the street earlier. Digging straight in to a banana, he headed off to explore more of Shimokitazawa-Ni before moving on.

It was quite an impressive little neighbourhood with cheap trendy cafes, all sorts of varieties of food stalls, assorted shops and second-hand and vintage clothing stores.

He was making his way across a pedestrian rail crossing when his phone went off.

Reading the new email, he came to an instant halt in his tracks. It read simply;

I have a high art.

A bit from that same quote framed on the back of his door back at the dorms, with a bizarre image embedded beneath it too:

Having stopped, he double checked himself, looking at his surroundings. People continued to scurry across, their paces picking up as the light flashed red, indicating to pedestrians to finish crossing ASAP.

Raglan quickly stepped off into the clear, looking back to the email;

Hey man! Noticed you're not at school this morning but you should swing by after lunch. Coach is calling an emergency meeting. Must be pretty important...
-Izumi.

He hurriedly flicked through his inbox, checking all the messages, but there was no sign of the mysterious quote and image.

Huh, must've imagined it. He thought to himself. Unless... Nah, couldn't be. I don't hand out my details so freely, but some people at school do manage to pry it off others. Thinking of all the random texts and emails he receives from girls and other schoolkids he didn't even really know.

Perishing the thought, Raglan put away his phone, turning instead in the direction of school.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ripping Valda's grip off of his collar, Raglan stepped back cautiously, composing himself but not letting his icy gaze falter for even a second.

"Okay Krieg..." He uttered in the coldest voice imaginable. Turning away and setting off down the hall, Sakamoto and some of the others tagging along.

His expression a thunderhead; thoughts churned like crazy.

What the hell is wrong with her?! Seriously! Is she delusional or something?! How dare she! How... Ouch.

It took nearly all his effort to refrain from rubbing his back. More specifically, his tailbone and arse, which took the brunt of the throw's impact. His gait wobbled for a moment, so he stopped. Sakamoto and H looking to him. To see what he'd say and do next.

Raglan took a deep, calming breath and smirked.

"What's her deal, yo?" H asked, looking back in the direction of the incident. "I heard she's roughed up a couple of other kids in your grade. And then the fight with the other weird pilot a couple weeks ago. She must get off on fighting or something - Just like you hey, Saka?"

"That bitch is tough," Sakamoto put in reply, cracking his knuckles. "They say never to hit a lady, but I say that one hardly qualifies..."

"I'll catch you guys up later. I've got a meet to get to." The Sixth said as he walked off alone, running a hand through his auburn hair.

Stumped by the abrupt departure, Sakamoto and H looked at each other plainly, and then back to Raglan. "Ah, yeah, see you man!" The pair sounded in unison.

Walking down the hall to the gymnasium, mind now calmer, he mulled over Valda Krieg, the designated Seventh Child - His limited experience of her flashing before him.

"Oh! Come to think of it, who’re the other pilots? I’d like to know who my subordinates are." The showy, obnoxious introduction.

"Thank you Captain Obvious." Pulling authority right out from under him.

"Want to try saying that again, spare?" Threatening him like... Like trash...

I decided I'd give her a chance before making my mind up about her, but that time has come and gone long ago. If she think she's fit to lead in any shape or form, she really is delusional.

Passing a restroom, Raglan stopped and had a quick look inside to scope if anyone was occupying.

It was empty. So he entered, blocking the door from behind with the overflowing trashcan.

He looked at himself in the mirror, first inspecting the still faint bruising around his eye from the arcade brawl a couple weeks ago. Then turning, lifting his jacket and shirt.

A deep purple bruising grazed from side to side, starting at his lower back and ending down at his tailbone.

He reached at it with his fingertips tentatively. Quickly drawing them back when touched even lightly; pain shooting up instantly like a dull fire.

It hurt. But not so much the bruise on his body. It was the bruise on his ego dealt to him by the girl that smarted most. That was the real bite and sting. The shock of how easily the Seventh could floor him. The loss of composure and face in front of his peers.

Raglan actually found himself thankful none of the other pilots were around to have witnessed the shameful display.

She's out of her mind. Granted; she is strong, skilled - But I'll not lose out to her. Not to a hot-headed nut-job like that.

Later on in the gymnasium court, all the team were circled around Coach Nishi as he was eyeing his watch, pacing back and forth.

"Okay, looks like everyone's here." The old man began rubbing the stubble on his face as if to clean it off with his bare hands.

"As you all know, Nakano has been absent the past week. Truth is some of his family were killed in the incident in Matsushiro a couple months back. He and his mother are leaving Tokyo-3 to live with some remaining relatives in Ōita prefecture from henceforth. So, on that sad and unfortunate note, we do need to elect a new team captain before the game with Yoshioka High this weekend."

A murmur of surprise went up through the team. Raglan raising his eyebrows in the same sentiment.

"Now, because of the unorthodox nature of this all - I've decided to let you guys handle it with a vote of two candidates of my choosing."

The murmuring continued some more.

"So I give you choice of Izumi Sumire, or J Wyngarde, for position of team captain..."

M-me?! The Sixth Child exclaimed internally, flabbergasted. I... I've only been playing for a matter of months! What's Coach thinking?

As usual, Raglan did his best not to show what he was really feeling externally. But then the votes were cast. "Raise your hand those in favour of Izumi Sumire."

Five arms went up, Raglan adding his own to the mix. Izumi really was the best and most logical option and... "Now those for J?"

Six arms up. Raglan 'J' Wyngarde actually felt kind of shocked, and a little... Honoured. Proud... Truth be told.

"Eh, son... You haven't cast your vote." Coach Nishi said lowly, looking straight at one Akio Inoue.

Akio's red eyes lit up, looking to the rest of the team in surprise. He started stumbling for words almost immediately.

Hah. Aki wasn't even paying attention. That's not really like him. Daydreaming...

"So - Which way do you vote, Akio?" Coach asked the Fourth Child.
Last edited by Blue Monday on Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

BlackberryMilk
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby BlackberryMilk » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:58 pm

Shiori's kiss tingled on Katla's lips.. Her smell still wafting in the air, and Katla could do nothing but stare after the girl as she ran back to class, and out the door. The girls doe-like eyes had glossed over and she began to shake in place, looking down at her lap. Small tears pooled at the sides of her eyes and she just let go. She was so confused...Shiori bothered to listen to her, and she showed her affection; affection she's never had this.

She cried alone for what seemed hours, her sadness turned to bitterness, and eventually to anger.

Why does everything have to be TAINTED! Why can't things be so SIMPLE AND EASY! Why is everything so convoluted! I came here for one task only, why are these people making it so hard?! The girl pulled at her hair and slowly trudged back to the school, taking her time, dreading the confusion that was to come when she got back to class.

Qi. Shiori. Raglan. Angels. Qi. Shiori. Raglan. Death. Qi. Shiroi. Raglan. Momma...

Walking down the hallway, she heard commotion coming from the hallway.. a large group had been surrounding Valda Krieg and...Raglan?! The girl peeked over shoulders and saw the two pilots fighting, her uneasiness began settling in again. Katla became frustrated with her own body.. This constant anxiety began angering her, along with the complications the other pilots had been creating, she was close to abandoning all of them.

A loud thud could be heard, Raglan was on the ground.. Kat became aware of her fists being clenched, angry at Valda for hurting the boy. "So sick of this BRUTE of a girl..."

Back in class, she pushed Raglan, Valda, Shiori, and Isaac as far away from her mind as possible.
She casually glanced at Qi who was also not paying attention to the Vice Commander, she smiled and immediately became happy at the idea of how reserved he was. Just like me...

The third child began drawing the slender frame of his face, his glowing red-tinted eyes.. She smiled as he slowly appeared on her paper smiling back at her.

Qi...
PSN: HTMLOL

Lance of LoL
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Lance of LoL » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:30 am

Owen sighed as he typed on the keyboard before him. Sliding his hand down the desk, the display vanished as the holograms fizzed into existence around him.

“Owen, I keep telling you we're working at full tilt here, there's nothing more we can do.” Steve Pinker whined, now firmly secured behind a desk as opposed to floating next to his table.

“I didn't call the meeting, but since you brought it up, how is that going?” Owen commandeered the conversation quite flatly. Steve sighed heavily.

“We launch Mark.06's arc in 3 hours. Given the trajectory and speed, it will arrive early tomorrow morning. Unfortunately, we can't deliver everything at once. It's armaments will have to come separately.” Steve explained slowly, expecting a blow out.

“Meaning?” Owen cocked an eyebrow.

“With the difference in weight and aerodynamics, we're having to do an entirely different set of calculations. As it stands, we'll be using a um, how best to put it... We'll be using a ferrous electrical projection device to catapult the secondary cargo towards earth in such a manner that it should reach you in a matter of minutes. This wasn't feasible for the Eva due to size and weight constraints, so you'll need a transmitter on your vessels to ensure they're clear before we drop it.” There was a silence.

“Steven, allow me to rephrase what you just said,” Theo cut across, adjusting his glasses. “Correct me if I'm wrong, but did you just say you're firing Eva grade armaments at coastal Japan, with a rail gun?” Steve looked uncomfortable as he pulled at his collar.

“Uh, more or less.” he said quietly. Another deathly silence. A polite cough drew everyone's attention to Deng.

“I apologise, but Captain Pinker's semi-threatening attempts on the lives of the Japanese aside, I am the one who called the meeting.” the aged politician leaned back in his chair.

“What's the deal you old buzzard? You never call these meetings. Hell, just getting you here is like pulling teeth.” General Quine growled, rapping his fingers irritably across the table. Deng glanced at the man before turning a condescending smile towards Owen.

“I have good news I'd like to share with everyone,” he said brightly. “First thing's first. The Dummy System is now fully operational. As he requested it, the General will be given the final product to utilize in Provisional Unit-08 that is planned to defend Nerv 2 in Unit-04's absence. However, I would like to help Headquarters with their experiments, since it seems to be taking so much longer than projected.”

“I informed you all of the uncertainty when we began. The presence of the Angels was an unaccountable factor that is merely working to our advantage.” Owen rattled off his repeated excuse.

“... Indeed.” Deng smiled humourlessly. “So in the interest of perhaps hastening the return of our pilots, I'd like to send you two more of the Dummy Prototypes. They may not be perfect data, but they'll certainly suffice. I would also like to extend this offer by sending one along with the Dummy Plug to America and perhaps the last to Berlin for comparison in military training.”

“How... Generous.” Lotze yawned. “I'm sure we'll be happy to receive them, but did anyone else take note that it's the middle of the night here?” he complained irritably.

“Oh suck it up.” Regina barked. “Me an' Steve are both set to Greenwich Mean Time, you don't hear us complaining. Besides, no one else going to ask why Guofeng had four more pilots up his sleeve?” she slammed a hand into the desk, causing Lotze to jerk in his seat.

“Oh, they aren't pilots, but of course you would overlook that.” Deng's voice oozed across the table.

“What's that supposed to mean?!” Regina snarled. Deng continued as if she hadn't spoken.

“They are merely test subjects. They have the capacity to pilot as much as the pilot we sent, but they have only ever been used for testing purposes. None of them possess an Evangelion of their own so there was no need to send them when their brother would do just fine. What concerns me is that we left China's only Eva in Owen's hands.” Deng's eyes narrowed. Owen smirked.

“Well then. I'll make preparations to receive the other test subjects and the Mark.06. If there is nothing else, I have work to do.” Owen stood. Sliding his hand across the desk in front of him, the meeting faded. He didn't look behind him as he continued. “Vander, prepare somewhere to keep them. Don't allow them access to the base, but otherwise allow them all the same privileges of the Pilots.” he began typing.

“Is that wise Sir?” Vander asked.

“If we block them out completely Deng will think he has the upper hand. Besides, we've left them around one of his assassins this long.” Owen brought up the pilot profiles in holographic displays around him. “Oh, and wish Kiyoshi good luck tomorrow.”

“She's not going on the mission Sir, she's taking the remaining pilots to the beach.”

“I know.”

The school day wore on into the afternoon. Carter having already handed Tohru a dozen more detentions despite his insistence that Qi had demolished his desk, Izumi and Raglan playing table football over the two desks between them, Ai slamming Takumi in the face with a book when he refused to sit down and Ishi tripping over Kaimu as she once again forgot he was there. All the usual dreary things passed by with the final ring of the school bell, everyone beginning to collect up their things.

Qi thought for a moment before approaching Shirou.

“Shirou, I was wondering if I could ask you something.” he smiled his usual smile. “Would you like to accompany me into the city before curfew? I wanted to collect some items for tomorrow. I also wanted to invite Katla and the others to come along if that's acceptable?” Qi patiently awaited the answer, his hand twitching with the feel of the knife against his wrist. If Golgotha's way had failed, there was few options besides embracing the problem. So the assassin reasoned, why not go all the way?

>>>>Rebuild of Evangelion RP "If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough."~Meister Eckhart<<<<

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Agentomega » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:37 pm

(Recommended BGM - Evangelion OST 3 - Depression)

Shirou woke as usual, rolled out of bed, and begain his daily exercises. Breaking from his usual routine, however, he then proceeded to load a cartridge into his N64, and begin wailing away on the controller. He was in a very strange mood lately, and there were several contributing factors.

He had thought that perhaps he and Qi were becoming friends, but the other boy had been avoiding avoiding him since the last battle. Shirou was uncertain as to the cause - did he do something to offend Qi? Was he trying to get too close to the other boy and this was just normal? Had something happened, and Qi just wasn't telling him? Regardless, he had hoped they would be able to talk or hang out, but obviously hadn't happened.

Then there was Tokei. He had known she was in the hospital the past few weeks, but wasn't allowed visitors. Just what had occurred during the battle to keep her down that long? He tried asking the Major, the Vice Commander, and Doctor Idle, but they were being tight-lipped about the specifics, always replying in vague answers or outright refusing to make a statement. He even tried asking his father and Dr. Mirabilis to see if they could get any information with their clearance. Still nothing. What sort of injury did she have? What was that serious? Could she have di-

No. He put that thought out of his head, and refused to consider it. He just hated this uncertainty. It was making him extremely frustrated, and it showed. A few weeks ago, he, J and Isaac had gone to the arcade to bust some virtual heads when an accident quickly turned into the actual bashing of heads. He had been playing Tekken against Izumi (and performing somewhat well, if his prior matches against Raglan were any indication) when he'd heard the shouts. At first, he'd assumed that a group was just getting overly enthusiastic about a game. When the round ended, he'd turned around just in time to see Raglan go down.

It was a stream of consciousness at that point. He was furious. He'd been unable to do anything during the battle; this time he would change that. Shirou held his own for the most part, but earned a massive bruise on his jaw for his efforts. He'd only managed to keep the Nishi High students from getting to his fallen comrades; Sakamoto had done the heavy lifting. Perhaps he would take one of the hand-to-hand combat courses...

His line of thought (and gaming) was broken by the Major's declaration that she was headed out for the day, at which point he scurried for the shower. It wouldn't do to be smelly all day. On his way out, he noticed the notice about the beach - he would have to check to see that he still had his swimsuit right after school, possibly go shopping if he didn't.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
School was relatively dull, at least to start. Upon his return from the bathroom however, he'd nearly bumped into Ichimi-kun as the latter tore out of the room. The scene that awaited him was beyond comprehension. Katla had a jacket draped over her. Qi was missing his. The connection was obvious there. The question on his mind, however, was why Tohru's desk now lay in halves on the floor. He sagely did not voice the question on his mind - "Uh, did I miss something?" - and instead returned to his desk, resolving to figure it out later.

(Recommended BGM - Evangelion OST 2 - A Moment When Tension Breaks)

The rest of the day proceeded mostly as usual - Izumi and Raglan entertained themselves with a paper football, the self-proclaimed "Infinite Sword Striker" took a book to the face for being overly energetic during class, and Ishi tripped over what's-his-name... Oh right, Kaimu. Carter's lesson was straight-forward, so Shirou decided to work on the list of items he'd need for the trip. When he finished that task, he started cobbling together more D&D character builds.

The bell snapped him out of his reverie, and as he was packing up his things, Qi approached his desk. Shirou was somewhat surprised at this, but inwardly pleased.

“Shirou, I was wondering if I could ask you something,” Qi said with a smile. “Would you like to accompany me into the city before curfew? I wanted to collect some items for tomorrow. I also wanted to invite Katla and the others to come along if that's acceptable?”

"Uh, yeah, sure! That sounds good," Shirou replied a tad enthusiastically. "Do you mind if we stop by the dorm on the way first? I just want to make sure I actually have a pair of swim trunks first."

"Certainly, so long as we're home before curfew it doesn't really matter," Qi assented with a nod.

"Cool beans," Shirou interjected with a grin.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The walk back to the dorms was somewhat awkward, at least for Shirou. There were so many questions on his mind that he wanted to ask, but was nervous about doing so. For one thing, what had happened in the classroom earlier? Why had Qi been avoiding him lately?

As he entered the dorm first, he noticed something was different. There was someone there that hadn't been there before. Shirou stopped as he stumbled over his thoughts, cutting himself off from whatever he was about to say. Black hair, shoulder length, similar wardrobe. No, this person had been there before. Joy sprang to his mind --

And was then completely and utterly silenced as Tokei turned to look at the new arrivals.

Shirou's face paled, blood draining from his head. FACE. "T-tokei," he stuttered, blinking to confirm he had actually seen what his eyes were sending to his brain. FACE. His mind could not sufficiently describe anything at that moment. His senses were becoming muddled, his head lighter than air. He slammed his hand over his mouth and looked away. He felt horrible. How could he not? Here was his injured friend, and he couldn't help but be somewhat repulsed...

He closed his eyes, steeled his resolve. "J-jesus, what happened," he asked, turning to regard her once again.

He thought he could handle it. He really believed it didn't matter. He thought perhaps if he could just shut away that detail he could interact as he was supposed to. To help, to be a friend.

Instead, he was unsure exactly as to how he woke up in his bed nearly an hour later.
Avatar: Rhoe Amariyo (© 2010-2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. FINAL FANTASY X|V)
Karigane Shirou in LoL's RP - Rebuild of Evangelion: We Are (Not) Together
"'I was a nerd before it was cool' ~Agent" ~Lance of LoL

Aggroxcraig
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Aggroxcraig » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:38 am

Isaac sat in the classroom and examined the window that showed the outside world. The lecture started to sound like a dull noise that was quickly dismissed to Isaac's hearing. The weather outside was absolutely perfect. It was not too hot but was warm and had a nice breeze to make it comfortable with or without a jacket. Isaac observed a tree as it tossed through the wind. After a few more gentle pushes from a couple gusts, a leaf started to twirl down underneath the tree's lengthy arms and hit the ground. After seeing that, Isaac turned to look up to the sky as he watched the clouds dance up above. While there wasn't that many, they were somewhat enchanting to look at. They formed unusual shapes that made him remember a time of his life when he was back at home in Phoenix. Looking at a particular cloud, Isaac smirked as he closed his eyes and remembered a memory back at home

"Hey Isaac! Come on!" Yelled a boy as a few other children tagged along side him.

"W-wait! I'm hurrying!" Shouted ten year old Isaac as he straighten his baseball hat and ran off with his friends. He was obviously a bit smaller than the other kids, but he didn't let that deter him from progressing. After finally catching up with his friends, Isaac looked them as they gave him a smirk of confidence.

"This is why you need to come out more often." Said Kyle while brushing his nose with his thumb. Kyle was Isaac's first friend when he got to Phoenix. His family moved in next door about the same time Isaac arrived. They were known as being partners in crime over the years. Isaac mostly tried to convince Kyle into staying out of trouble, but ended up tagging a long for the sake of his friend. Kyle was tall with blue eyes and blonde shaggy hair.

"It's not really his fault though. He is technically grounded..." Drew said while looking over at Kyle to remind him of why they brought Isaac out with him. Drew was a big kid that was considered the "brawn" of the group even as a ten year old. Whenever someone in their group was picked on, Drew was there to make sure they were not to be picked on.

"Yeah, Sorry about that..." Sam and Max said in unison to Isaac while grinning from ear to ear. The Jackson twins of the neighbor were also trouble makers like Kyle, but went one step to far. They also seemed to speak to speak in unison and it drove many of their teachers insane. They were both identical red heads that loved to play pranks on others.

"It's ok. I was going to go crazy if I was inside much longer." Isaac groaned while stretching his arms.

"Yeah. Why waste a great day like this! Normally it's so hot during the summer." Kyle said as he fell on his back, hitting the grass.

"For once I actually agree with you." Drew said as he followed did the same.

The twins both fell on their backs in unison while Isaac looked at his friends and gave them all a laugh. "So, what's it been...a few weeks since we all hung out?" Isaac said while slowly laying in the grass like his friends.

"I think it was a few days ago actually." Sam and Max said as they both placed their hands behind the back of their heads.

"Really? Jeez..." Isaac groaned.

"Doesn't matter. At least we are finally hanging out before the summer ends." Kyle said as the other kids remembered that there was only a few weeks till school started again.

"Don't remind me..." Drew said as the other kids unanimously agreed with him.

As the kids hung out with each other, they started to laugh about some of the trouble that they had gottem into during the summer. The pool incident, a water fight with a bunch of girls, crashing a slumber party and losing Kyle's prized baseball card in a bike race. They then started to tease Isaac about his crush with Rachel while Isaac blushed in embarrassment, denying all the claims when they brought up the slumber party. After a few laughs, they all calmed down and started to point at the clouds while remarking to what shape they reminded them of.

"Mr Kenny!" Instantly the class room burst into a soft laughter as Carter bopped Isaac on top of his head with a book. " Please pay attention during the lecture." Carter said in a stern voice that very similar to his father's tone.

Isaac started to blush as he looked up at Carter and then the rest of the class. "S-sorry. That won't happen again."

Carter gave Isaac a rather long stare (or at least from Isaac's perspective) and then cleared his throat before saying, "...good. Let's not make this a reoccurring thing."

Isaac watched Carter go back to the front of the class and lowered his head trying to not to exist. He couldn't help but feel the other students stare at him for day dreaming. After a few moments, Isaac started to pay attention to Carter's lesson. Looking from the corner of his eye, Isaac noticed Shiori and felt his chest tighten. Damn, I was such an Asshole to her... He looked at her hair and started to remember how she smelled when they were on the roof top. Man she smelled like...

*BLEEP*

Looking down at the red laptop each student was given for class, Isaac noticed he received a message from another student via the IM system.

-M.Tanaka-
Watch who you are staring at Kenny!

Isaac slowly brought his head up and saw Mitsuko only two chairs away from Shiori doing a, 'I have my eyes on you!' gesture to Isaac which sent a chill up his spine. God damn it girls are weird...

Finally the bell ending school started to ring through out the building. Isaac was for one excited to get this hellish day over with. After slinging his backpack on, Isaac overheard Shirou and Qi speaking with one another. Curiosity got the best of him as he kept an open ear to what they were both saying.

“Shirou, I was wondering if I could ask you something,” Qi said with a smile. “Would you like to accompany me into the city before curfew? I wanted to collect some items for tomorrow. I also wanted to invite Katla and the others to come along if that's acceptable?”

"Uh, yeah, sure! That sounds good," Shirou replied a tad enthusiastically. "Do you mind if we stop by the dorm on the way first? I just want to make sure I actually have a pair of swim trunks first."

"Certainly, so long as we're home before curfew it doesn't really matter," Qi assented with a nod.

"Cool beans," Shirou interjected with a grin.

Cool beans?....Somehow that saying fits Shioru Isaac chuckled inside his head as he took cleared his throat and swallowed any remaining saliva in his mouth. He saw the two smiling at one another and really could see the friendship they had with one another. Thinking about his home, Isaac knew that he needed friends out here in order to survive emotionally. The other male pilots have been fairly open to Isaac. After his interaction with Shiori, maybe Isaac should try to get to understand and know the other pilots. Isaac thought that this would be perfect to getting to know them...and maybe for them to get to know him as well. Taking a few steps toward the two, Qi's eyes didn't seem to move but Isaac could feel him watching all of his movements carefully. "Sorry, I over heard your conversation and I was wondering...is it alright if I hang out with you guys? If not, it's not big deal. I mean...I don't want to intrude on your plans if you don't want me to come." Isaac said making a lot of hand gestures while getting obviously flustered.

Shirou just gave Isaac a while with a thumbs up saying, "It's cool by me."

On their way back to the dorm, Isaac remained silent as that seemed to be how everyone was acting. Isaac wanted to start up a conversation, but always stopped himself because he didn't want to make things weird. When they finally reached the dorm, Isaac and the others noticed that there was someone else in the dorm. Isaac saw the girl's black hair and only knew one girl with that hair among their group. When Tokei turned to look at the others, Isaac felt his heart beat faster and faster upon looking at the girl's face.

Before Isaac could let his emotions truly manifest, Shirou opened his mouth with a very pale face. "T-tokei," The boy looked away and put his hand to his mouth looking like he was going to vomit. With his eyes closed, Shirou managed to say something while looking at Tokei. "J-jesus, what happened," After a few moments, Shirou started to lose his balance and passed out in front of the girl.

"Shirou!!" Isaac let out as he tried to catch Shirou from hitting his head on the ground. After Grabbing Shirou, Isaac realized that he wasn't strong enough to hold him up from falling and went down with him to the ground. Thankfully, Isaac more or less softened the blow when they hit the ground. Getting to his knees, Isaac set Shirou's body on the ground and checked the back of Shirou's head to make sure he was ok.

"Oh crap!" Akio kneels down to Isaac and Shirou."Is Shirou ok?! How about you Isaac?"

"I'm fine but it looks like Shirou just passed out. Akio, help me take him up to his room." Isaac said as Akio gave a simple nod. Looking back at the others, Isaac gives a glance at Tokei and instantly returned his attention back to Shirou. As Isaac and Akio start to carry Shirou up to his room, Isaac started to think about Tokei and how her appearance oddly didn't faze him. He got a good look of her, but all it did was make him stomach turn a bit. When they finally got Shirou up to his room, they placed him on his bed and looked at him for a second. Isaac noticed that he was breathing just fine and that he must of fainted from seeing Tokei. Looking over to Akio, Isaac cleared his throat and gave a reassuring smile. "He should be ok. Let's give him some time to wake up." As the two left the room, Isaac started to walk away towards the bathroom. "Listen, go tell the others that Shirou is going to be ok. I just need to go to the bathroom real quick. Thanks." Without giving Akio a chance to answer, Isaac walked to the bathroom in the dorm and shut the door behind him.

Turning the water on, Isaac started to wash his face to help him regain his composure after really thinking about Tokei. "God damn it. God damn it. God damn it!" Isaac said to himself as he started to think about the Angel battle that happened two months ago. He knew that she was injured during the Angel attack, but didn't think it was that severe. Although Isaac only saw a bit of her face, it was enough for him to know why no one could go visit her. "This is so fucked up. Why the hell are we...no no no, you know why Isaac. No one else can..." Isaac said in defeat as he stared at his reflection thinking and pondering over what he was going to do.

BPES
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby BPES » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:57 pm

( BGM )

The bell that signalled the end of school sounded and Valda stretched as she rose to her feet, having just taken a brief nap on the roof. It was a nuisance, but she’d have to head back to class for her things. She sighed and looked at the sky again before heading for the roof access, the incident earlier still made her blood boil, but it wasn’t as bad as earlier. She might be able to tolerate some people now.

It was on the way that she bumped into Qi, who appeared to be making his way quickly and purposefully around the school for some reason or another. He’d just come from the classroom it seemed and people were still gathering up there stuff; the boy himself was empty handed. What errand was he running before he left then?

“Ah, Valda, one of the people I was looking for.” The boy spoke in his usual cheerful manner, Valda glared.

“What the hell do you want?” Valda responded aggressively. She still wasn’t that fond of Qi, even if her dislike was tempered by a small respect for his ability to fight.

“I wish to head out and collect some items before Curfew for tomorrow; I am inviting Shirou, Katla and the others to come along. That offer extends to you of course.” He continued not missing a beat and ignoring her aggressive tone. Valda paused.

“Why the hell would I want to go anywhere with you?” She retorted before folding her arms. What was his game exactly? Some kind of peace offering? He didn’t seem to be trying anything.

“Very well, you’re free to decline.” He said simply and began to walk past her. Valda flinched briefly before calling out after him.

“Wait, I didn’t say I wouldn’t go!” She explained hotly, a little angry that he was so quick to write her off. Qi tilted his head and nodded.

“So then, you are coming along?” He asked for Clarity. Valda sighed, scratching her head. He was inviting everyone and that meant Akio. That’d be… awkward, on the other hand that also meant Shiori. Valda had been meaning to check on the girl again, but had found neither the time, nor the drive to seek her out.

“Yeah I’ll go, I’ll just grab my things.” She said, Qi nodded and was about to move on before he stopped and spoke again.

“Oh, we’re making a stop by the dorms first, is that acceptable?” he inquired politely. Valda groaned, she wasn’t looking to head back straight away. She shook her head and took out a pen and tearing the corner off a nearby flier on a noticeboard.

“I’ll just go on ahead.” She explained writing on the shard of paper. “This is my cell phone number, call me when you head out and I’ll meet up with you.”

“Understood.” Qi said taking the small paper and running off to find others to invite.

Valda continued into the classroom to gather her things, ignoring everything around her until she caught sight of the destroyed table that had been moved to the back of the classroom. She blinked and inspected the debris, the cut was astonishingly smooth, whatever cut it must’ve been incredibly sharp.

“What the hell did this?” Valda muttered out loud.

“Huh? Oh that? That was Qi, scared the hell out of a lot of people, because of all the bullying they do around that katla girl.” An anonymous supplier commented. Valda growled and clenched her fist. So it was fine for him to intervene but he’d stop her from doing so? She’d have a few words for that snake later. Angrily she grabbed what she needed and stormed off.

“Kaimu, what’d you say to her?” Matto asked after Valda left the classroom.

“Uh… I dunno?” The anonymous voice responded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

( BGM )

Valda stared at her phone for the umpteenth time angrily as it continued to remain silent in her hand. It had to have been over half an hour since she left and still NOTHING from that damned snake and his damnable smile. Was this his plan? Did he somehow predict she would go on ahead and send her off looking like an idiot? Was that why he did that to the table? Was he trying to make a fool out of her? She focused on her phone again angrily.

Maybe the snake lost her number? Maybe he didn’t know how to use a cell phone? Maybe he didn’t have one? Maybe he was too stupid or cheap to use a payphone? Whatever the reason, there was going to be hell to pay for someone by the end of the day. That much she was certain of.

Putting her phone away she began walking around looking for something to do while she continued to wait for that blasted snake and the others. Eventually she became frustrated with the number of people on the streets getting in her way and giving her weird looks. What, they never seen a masked girl before? So she headed into an alleyway and stated following it until she heard noises.

“GUH!” Accompanied by an odd thunk, that was never a good noise.

“Not so tough now are ya? Huh? Big guy?” A cruel, mocking voice called out and Valda sighed.

‘Really?’

“G-Go… to hell.. Harada!” A strained but oddly familiar voice responded. Valda’s eye twitched, something about that voice annoyed her. Another odd thunk and Valda grimaced as her anger flared once more, only for different reasons. She’d put herself through enough painful training back in Berlin to recognize the sound of some blunt object connecting with flesh. She could still remember the bruises herself.

“What was that? I didn’t hear you? Wanna speak up?” The other voice taunted in return.

Valda walked forward as the scene came into view, a bunch of school students in black uniforms were crowded around a large boy in her school’s uniform, who seemed to be trying to get up defiantly despite the clear injuries on him.

( BGM )

“Honestly? All of you against one Stummer Affe? What a sorry joke.” She spoke catching the attention of everyone there. The one who looked most surprised though was Saka-whatever who was on the ground.

“Oh? What do we have here? One of your little friends Sakamoto?” The lead idiot asked, his metal pipe on his shoulder. Valda did a quick head count, there were roughly 12 in total counting the lead idiot, 2 of which were girls who appeared to only be here to watch. Out of the boys, four were armed, three with metal pipes and the last playing with a pocket knife. There was no blood on it though so it was probably more intended to be threatening than to cause harm.

“Friend? HAH! Don’t put that moron on such a pedestal, tiny.” Valda retorted noting the fact that their ‘leader’ was indeed shorter than her. The boy’s face flushed red and he grit his teeth visibly.

“Freaking masked bitch! You looking to get hurt?” he demanded threatening her by holding the pipe out at her. Valda couldn’t keep the smirk off her face.

“Oh no! My poor shins!” She responded in a mockingly worried tone before chucking audibly.

“That does it!” The chief idiot yeled and swung down at her, Valda stpped to the side and caught the Pipe mid swing with her right hand and drove her left elbow into her attacker’s surprised face, sending him flailing to the floor as he tried to stem the blood from his nose. The rest of the gathered goons grew silent and Valda merely tossed the pipe aside.

“So? Who’s next?” She goaded getting into her combat stance.

The rest of the goons charged and the first wasted no time in swinging a pipe. Valda ducked under that and punched him in the stomach before raising her guard to defend against another attacker’s punch. Backing up a few steps Valda let the group swarm her where the pipes would be less likely to get swung without hitting someone else. In quick movements, Valda knocked a further two attackers away from her and stepped into the crowd, shoving past another and taking a blow to her shoulder. Lashing out with her leg she brought one of the pipe wielders to his knees with a critical blow.

The skirmish continued for another minute or so with the Advantage slowly raising in Valda’s favour though the entire situation changed when one of the goons managed to grab and yank her mask off. The look of shock on her face registered right before a pipe hit her in the side. Valda backed up coughing a little before glaring with all her rage at the offender, the still bleeding Harada from earlier. Apparently he realised this was a bad move as he began to pale, Valda roaring and rushing him, punching him repeatedly before wrenching the pipe from his hand and swinging it at him, meeting his arm with a sharp crack.

“GGGRAAAH!” He howled in pain and fell to the ground, Valda turned her glare on the other black uniformed students and they all began to back up, the one holding her mask quickly dropping it and running for his life. Soon the rest followed suit, including Harada who took off cradling a clearly broken arm.

“Haahh… haaaah…. Haaah…. Take THAT… Fucking nobodies.” Valda spat out whilst catching her breath. Tough as she was, that man people was a hassle though she wasn’t as injured as she could’ve been. By comparison to the angel, even being hit with that pipe seemed like a feather blow.

She walked over and picked up her mask, wiping it down a few times before putting it on. Then she turned her attention to Sakamoto who was now leaned against a wall nursing his injuries. Valda could tell by the way he was wincing they were pretty bad, and yet he had still been trying to get up and fight when she arrived? Well he was definitely stupid, but maybe it wasn’t entirely the bad kind of stupid.

“How bad is it? Can you tell?” Valda asked straight away, forgoing the pointless “Are you all right” question. He scowled at her, clearly unhappy to see her. She returned the scowl though he couldn’t see it anymore.

“What are you doing here?” he responded gruffly. Valda shook her head at his attitude.

“Humph, merely passing through, you’re rather fortunate I found you or that could’ve been a lot worse. Oh right! Gratitude is when you-“ Valda began to explain as if talking to a child.

“Shut up! I know what it means!” He yelled back but immediately winced. Valda walked over and placed her hand gently on him, watching him wince again. “THE HELL!?”

“This is pretty bad, C’mon let’s get you up and checked out.” Valda spoke neutrally while Sakamoto just gave her a dirty look.

“I don’t want your damn help!” he growled at her though she ignored him and began hefting him up much to his chagrin. Valda was actually impressed by the colourful string of words that followed.

“Be quiet, even I would be hard pressed to move on my own after what happened to you, so shut up and accept it Stummer Affe.” She said walking slowly supporting the larger boy. He looked away angrily.

The two of them walked slowly and silently save for the occasionally grunts and groans of pain that Sakamoto let out. He tried to pull away several times to attempt to walk under his own power but Valda kept her gip tight, there was no way she was letting this moron hurt himself more after she’d already decided to help him. Though for the life of her she wasn’t sure why she bothered with him, especially after their encounter earlier that day. Had things actually kicked off earlier, she might have put him in hospital herself.

( BGM )

“… Thanks.” He spoke suddenly and Valda blinked a few times before shrugging.

“While I’m glad you’ve begun to understand proper gratitude… I don’t need your thanks. I didn’t do it for your sake, I just didn’t like that midget’s grating voice.” Valda stated matter of factly. There was a sharp, bitter laugh from Sakamoto at that.

“Harada Takeru.” He said suddenly and it took Valda a second to attach the name to the ringleader she broke the arm of. The way he said it though, there was history there.

“What’s the deal between you two? You don’t just take a metal pipe to someone like that without some kind of reason.” She asked. She did think that he could’ve just been a really angry, petty jerk picking on those more vertically blessed. But that was her thoughts.

“… Truth be told… we used to be friends.” Sakamoto admitted and Valda snapped her attention to him.

“Friends? Him? What the hell happened?” Valda asked now pretty intrigued by this revelation.

“We went to Elementary school together; he helped me through some tough times, like my mom dying. We had planned on going to the same Jr. High, but then out of nowhere, I got a letter from T3 Jr. High saying I was accepted. And my dad was insistent that I go. I argued with him endlessly but, it fell on deaf ears.” He said and Valda nodded.

“Sounds tough, arguing with your father can’t have been easy.” Valda commented softly. Sakamoto Shrugged non-committaly.

“I dunno about that, but it’s like arguing with a brick wall. Still me and T.. Harada, promised we’d still be friends. Hah some promise.” He spat and Valda readjusted her hold on him.

“And then?”

“Next time we met, he was with some of his ‘new’ friends. Nishi high and t3 have always had a rivalry going on, but I didn’t expect him to turn on me just like that.” He ranted angrily and Valda agreed. She stopped suddenly and they both nearly lost balance. He stared at her questioningly.

“… You must have felt so betrayed… “ Valda said quietly.

“Huh? Y-yeah of course, who wouldn’t? I mean, one minute we’re friends and the next he’s attacking me? That’s not easy to forgive!” He ranted again though seemed a little off put by the sudden demeanour shift in Valda.

“… Unforgivable… yeah that sounds about right.” She commented sadly. Sakamoto made some odd noises in his current discomfort, and not from the injuries.

“D-did something happen? I heard you fought that Qi guy? Is that it?” He asked awkwardly. Valda shook her head; that scuffle with Qi was nothing really. She was the unforgivable one, she’d turned on Akio, tried to kill him… She wasn’t much better than Harada really.

“The only thing that happened was that I saved your sorry behind today.” She said back to her usual demeanour. Sakamoto growled and turned his head away.

“Whatever, don’t think that I’ll suddenly be friends with you just because of this.” He snapped.

“Friends?! HAH like I need friends, I’m fine on my own.” Valda retorted.

“Is that why you floored J like that?” He brought up the incident before and Valda made a displeased noise.

“Him? He clearly needed to get his head out of the clouds and be reintroduced to the ground! That’s all there is to it! Now shut up!” She snapped.

“FINE!” he snapped Louder.

GOOD!” She bellowed in response. Like hell she’d let him have the last word.
In my experiance, there's only one thing harder than learning something new... and that is teaching it.

BEEP BEEP MUTHERF******

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:14 pm

It was very sudden; his only warning was when one of his teammates poked his head in to the classroom just before he took his seat and notified him of the sudden meeting. Upon arrival at the meeting, Akio noticed Raglan was in attendance, despite him skipping school earlier. His mind then wandered off. He started to daydream about the beach trip. The sand between his toes, the sound of the crashing waves, everything about tomorrow was going to be awesome in his mind. "Eh, son... You haven't cast your vote." Coach Nishi said as he stared at Akio. Akio immediately flashed a look of confusion to the team, stumbling with words as he tried to make out what was going on. "So, which way do you vote, Akio?" Coach Nishi asked.

“Vote?” Akio asked with confusion. “Yes, we are in need of a new team captain. Izumi or J are your choices.” Akio mulled it over in his head for a bit. He casually walked over to Raglan. “J” Akio said as he smiled at Raglan. “With a vote of six to seven… J Wyngarde is your new team captain.” Coach Nishi announced. “You earned it.” Akio said to Raglan, smiling. Raglan smiled and looked calm as usual but Akio knew he was just suppressing his surprise. “This concludes the meeting.” Coach Nishi announced as he walked away. Akio gave Raglan a high five with Izumi and the rest of the team following suit, exchanging high fives a long with a few words of encouragement.

The rest of the school day was pretty normal. Isaac got knocked on the head by Carter for day dreaming during one of his lectures while Raglan and Izumi played table football. Just the usual shenanigans that would take place daily. The final bell rang signaling the end of the school day. Akio gathered his things and was ready to head out when Qi approached him. “Akio, can I ask you something?” He said in his usual calm and friendly tone. Akio thought back to the crowded car ride and how he reacted to Qi. He felt bad for being so withdrawn towards him. “Yeah man go right ahead!” Akio said cheerfully, although he was nervous. “Would you like to join me, Shirou, Isaac, and perhaps the others for a trip into the city to collect items for tomorrow?” Qi said as he smiled. “Yeah that sounds great! I already planned on going already.” Akio paused for a moment. “Is it alright if my girlfriend comes too?” He asked. “I see no harm” Qi said in his calm demeanor.

Akio met up with Tomoko and went outside to find Qi, Shirou, and Isaac waiting for him. “Hey guys!” He paused for a moment. “This is Tomoko! Tomoko this is Qi and Shirou!” Tomoko smiled and waved. “Hello!”

“Shirou needs to check on a few things before we head out first.” Qi explained. With Tomoko’s hand in Akio’s own, the quartet walked to the dorms. Nobody uttered a single word the entire walk. Arriving outside the dorms Tomoko spoke up suddenly. “Aw crap! My wallet is at home! Is it alright if I meet up with you guys at the station?” She asked. “Yeah that’s fine. We should not be long anyway. If you get to the station before us just give me a call.” Akio said happily. “Okay! See you soon!” Tomoko exclaimed as she trotted off.

As they arrived inside the dorms Akio and the others noticed that someone else was inside… particularly a girl with black hair. Before he was able to make out exactly who it was he heard Shirou mutter something. “Shirou!!” Isaac yelled out as he tried to catch Shirou as he fell backwards only to go down with Shirou to the ground. Isaac got up on his knees and started to look over Shirou to see if he was injured. “"Oh crap!" Akio called out as he kneeled down to Isaac and Shirou."Is Shirou ok?! How about you Isaac?"

"I'm fine but it looks like Shirou just passed out. Akio, help me take him up to his room." Akio nodded and began to help Isaac carry Shirou to his room. They placed Shirou on his bed and looked him over visually one last time. Isaac cleared his throat and gave a re assuring smile. "He should be ok. Let's give him some time to wake up." As they left Shirou’s room, Isaac started to walk towards the bathroom. "Listen; go tell the others that Shirou is going to be ok. I just need to go to the bathroom real quick. Thanks." Before Akio could respond, Isaac walked into the bathroom and quickly shut the door behind him.

Akio made his way back out to the front room. Who was that? he wondered, noticing that the girl was now nowhere to be seen. Hearing a pair footsteps coming down the stairs behind him, he whirled around to see who it was. He froze for a second before stumbling backwards. “T -Tokei?” His face was immediately flushed of all its color as he leveled a gaze at her face. He could see that she had been badly maimed. “What happened to you?! Did an Angel do this to you?!”
"If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid." - Me
"Has anyone ever told you how pretty your eyes are?" - Akio's most famous line.
Akio in Lance of LoL's Rebuild RP
Steam/PSN: MAGI_01 Origin: MAGI_02
Interested in a FMA based RP? Then check this out!

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:32 pm

Tokei’s nose was buried in one of the many textbooks that had been covering her floor. She had brought it down a few hours ago, having decided to finish it. It was a physics journal. Lately, she had been thinking about designing new attack software for the Evas; ideally, it would be something that would be able to operate in a zero-g environment, like outer space. Tokei was envisioning massive boosters to get the thing into outer space in the first place, with smaller, more agile jets unfolding for the actual combat. Her second idea was to develop an alternative for D-type equipment. She assumed that it would be what they would be using during the salvage operation tomorrow. If the pressure systems in the joints were compromised and an extra seal were to be added, the Eva would be able to function as normal. It was this concept that she was pondering over when the door opened. Isaac, Shirou Qi, and another boy that she didn’t identify at first walked in. Tokei looked up from her book, momentarily surprised.

She registered the looks of shock on their faces. The other boy and Isaac seemed fine, but Shirou had gone an unstable, pasty white color. Somewhere in the back of her mind, Tokei considered how dirty the floor would get if he vomited all over it. Shirou managed to squeeze out the phrase, "J-jesus, what happened?” Before Tokei could respond, the boy’s eyes rolled back in his head as his legs gave out. He crumpled to the floor.

Tokei started giggling. It was quiet, but it was a distinct laugh nonetheless. Just by looking at her, he had fainted? Tokei found the concept quite amusing. The other boys ignored her, taking their friend up to his bedroom.

The giggles abated. Tokei stood up, her shorts and shirt rustling as they brushed against the chair. She grabbed her medical supplies off the counter, heading into her room. She opened the door, tossing her bag onto her bed and grabbing the half mask off of the desktop. She heard one of the boys walk into the bathroom and shut the door. Probably to puke or something. Somebody else descended the stairs. Tokei decided that she would go back downstairs; there was no reason to let the boys disturb her. Weighing the mask in her hand, she left her room and padded down the stairs.

The person she had heard earlier was standing in the middle of the room. He violently turned around at her bare footsteps, catching a glimpse of her destroyed face. “What happened to you? Did an Angel do this to you?”

Tokei heard the words, but they didn’t register. Instead, she simply stared at the boy. This was Akio. This was the person that, however indirectly, was the reason why she was missing half the skin on her face. Tokei’s mildly bemused attitude began to change, moving from far away to very, very present. Her gaze slowly turned into a glare as she placed the half-mask over her face, the single slit in the mask providing an opening for the mechanical blood-red pupil within. Tokei looked straight at the boy, her one celadon and crimson eye boring into Akio. He took a step back.

“No. Your unit did.” Her response was short, biting. She walked back over to the table, sitting down. “This is why I haven’t been home since today. They had to take out my eye, did you know?” Tokei’s voice was flat. She know that Akio wasn’t the cause of her disfigurement, but that didn’t mean she wasn’t allowed to be irritated in his presence. Se picked up her book again, turning to where she had left off.

“Tokei-“ Akio moved towards her.

“Go away,” interrupted Tokei. She once again buried her half masked head in her book. “I don’t feel like talking to you anymore.”

BlackberryMilk
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby BlackberryMilk » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:00 pm

Katla heard the end of the day commotion outside of the bathroom and methodically continued washing her hands. As much of a joke the schooling level she was in was, she hated to fail anything, and was in deep, focused thought about her ridiculously easy upcoming exams. Mindless rituals, like washing her hands 22 times, helped to calm her and keep her focused on a certain path, far from the one her mother haunted. She was aware in a certain part of her mind that the door to the girl's bathroom had opened, and she had an even smaller portion in her brain that knew that the people who came in were in fact Kei and her...

"Unintelligent meat-sack understudies".

Unfortunately for Kat, there was no room in her thoughts for filtering and keeping anecdotes internal, and was unaware that she'd said that out loud.

"What the hell did you say to us?! HEY... I'M TALKING TO YOU!" Kei's fists were already balled up, face reddening by the second.

"I Said I'm fucking talking to you freak!" Kei had forcefully shoved Katla away from the sink, unknowingly shaking the third child from her conscious slumber. This immediately turned Katla's world black, the distant echos of crying and far off nebula's once again surrounded her.

"Wh-what... What happened?! WHAT'S GOING ON?!" The small girl was far from herself, no sense of touch, smell, or sound. Her voice only echoed in her own head, no matter how much she tried to move she was stuck in place. Immediately her breathing increased in speed, and immediately she felt that deep cold rising in her core.

"No, no not this again..." Little by little she began to disassociate completely. The thoughts in her head became unintelligible noise, her breathing became an unfamiliar sensation that had to have been controlled from some unseen god...and finally her heart beat, a loud pulsating drum. She felt the drum speeding up, increasing in time and it scared her; she knew the pulsating would stop, and she still vaguely understood that when it stops she would no longer exist. She forcefully began scratching at her own center, trying to get to the drum to keep it alive. With every stab, scratch and harsh stinging sensation, the coldness inside would decrease, if for but a second. Every movement she made brought clarity back to her mind, every cut inflicted brought her own existence out of the dark. Soon, she remembered that she was Katla Rokvissdottir, and the slight taste of the world before the darkness came, motivated her even more to pinch, and swing at herself wildly.

In the distance, the cries became deep guttural screams; Katla quickly and excitedly increased the speed of her now acknowledged mutilation. The pitch of the scream increased, and became clearer, louder, and closer. Blurry movements in front of Kat came into focus, every sound made, made an echo... almost as if she were..

I'm in the girl's bathroom! At school! Her new found discovery had made her smile wildly, she finally controlled the darkness. She was finally back in her own skin, aware of her Mother watching her, and slowly backing away into the darkest corner of the room. Katla began giggling as everything came back, her giggles turned into hysterical laughter.

The bathroom door suddenly swung open, Vice-Commander Carter had run into the room, crowds of student behind him.

"MS. ROKVISDOTT-..."

Katla's laughter ebbed away, the happiness stayed.

"Katla...it's going to be okay...Just calm...down..." He suddenly was on his phone, quickly speaking in a hushed tone to what could only be her Father. ("Emergency, your daughter, nervous breakdown, blood")

Katla looked to the suddenly broken mirror on her right, a ghost stood in her place. They held a shard of the broken mirror, blood dripping between the creases in her hands, onto the floor. Completely devoid of color, cuts all over her neck, and a crazed grin on their face.
PSN: HTMLOL

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:07 pm

"Not surprised hey," Izumi said with a smile as he punted the tiny paper soccer ball towards Raglan's pencil case goal. "You've gotten really good over the past few months and are now one of our best players. That quick release of yours to Nakano in the Old Kaisei Academy game is a great example of how you can read a play. Plus, you're the point guard, and far better at that leadership crap then I am, haha - Even if the title is mostly just for ceremony... It makes sense."

"I guess." Raglan replied, mimicking a soccer player with his hand, sliding and defending the goal from Izumi's shot.

He was acting modest for his friend's sake but by now the Sixth could tell that Izumi genuinely didn't really care about the elect result. His passion for the game was truly extraordinary, and if anything, Izumi Sumire viewed the captaincy as more of a burden than anything else; a distraction from honing his skill.

"Stop sweatin' J, it's all good..." He said trying to lid the topic once and for all. "Umm, well... Actually, there is one thing I've been meaning to talk to you about..." Izumi's mood turned suddenly serious, if a little trepid. "One thing you could do for me."

"Huh, what's up?" Raglan sat up, folding his arms in a quizzical pose.

"Well," He continued, voice going quiet, the faintest hint of a blush colouring his face. "The thing is; I, umm, kind of... Like Shiori... I've, uh, liked her for a while, actually."

"T-t-Takatsuki?!" You can't be serious Izumi!

"You don't think you could... You know..."

Raglan walked with Izumi back to his house after arriving at Seishuu station.

They talked a bit, but his mind wasn’t in it at all, so the Sixth couldn’t recall what exactly was discussed. Instead, he thought over Izumi’s words from earlier regarding the First...

“I’ve liked her for a while, since first year of Junior High, but we move in different circles. And you know me, I get all choked up when near pretty girls usually. And she's a pretty girl who moves to a different beat entirely."

His friend's face was as red as a beet, eyes down turned. This certainly was a side of Izumi he had not yet seen before, but his companion continued on nonetheless.

"I have tried talking to her once or twice before, but I completely chickened out. But maybe, I don't know... With you, it's kind of like an opening that wasn't available before. You... You wouldn't mind asking her about me, would you?"

The whole thing came completely out of left-field but Izumi was determined; looking to Raglan both embarrassingly but awaiting his answer with bated breath.

"Umm. Yeah, I guess I can ask her..." He had replied.

Great, another thing I could do without right about now. What a day, First Krieg THAT LUNATIC and now this...

Izumi's face really got to the Sixth though when he had confessed. This was obviously a crush he had harboured for quite some time. Long enough, and strong enough, for him to go out on a limb like this to Raglan.

"I've, uh, liked her for a while, actually..."

Katla...

He had done his best to avoid the Third Child these past two months. He didn't want to admit it, but the incident at Matsushiro wasn't the only reason he had been keeping busy with training at HQ after hours.

He was avoiding her and it wasn't just because of their failed lunch plans...

"It's... my mother, I see my mother."

She spoke with her mother, or so he had been told. And he didn't care, simply tried to wave it aside - But the fact was, it was a big deal. It was crazy. Completely crazy. Raglan just didn't know how to approach her again after it awkwardly came apart last time. How to approach her, talk to her, knowing now what she had told him. Didn't know what to think of...

It was crazy but it didn't change how the Sixth thought about her. Felt about her. Whatever those feelings were.

I'm going to talk to her. It's the least I can do. Just... Be friendly, at least. The next time I see her I'll...

Ugh.
It was all too much to think about this day.

"We're here." Izumi said, snapping Raglan out of his thoughts. They'd pulled up out front of a neat, trendy looking apartment complex; Izumi's house - He'd been here once before already.

"Want to come in and play some PlayStation?"

"Thanks. But no thanks, man. I've got an appointment at base to keep - But I'll see you day after next, hey." Raglan replied.

"No problems - See you then!" Izumi made for the door but it opened just as he reached for the handle; out walking Sei - The older Sumire sibling's face lighting up. "Hey guys!"

"Sis." Izumi nodded as he disappeared inside.

"J - Which way you headed?" Sei queried as she walked up to him.

The older Sumire was just as tall as her brother, even though she had five years on Izumi. Her hair was the same long, dark lustrous cut and they also had the same deep blue eyes.

"Just back to the station." Raglan said, grinning.

"I'll accompany you then." Sei fell into stride alongside the Sixth, shouldering a small tote bag and carrying a stack of notebooks.

"So what's the plan. Classes for university tonight?" He said, noticing.

"Nah - No lectures. Just a group session for my science elective tutorial... You?"

"Got to get to HQ for an appointment..."

"Ooh, important Nerv business?" She replied teasingly. "Work there must be interesting, really. They have several programs in higher education, you know. Scouting out young, up and coming talent in science, engineering, IT... Almost any field you could name. Promising bright careers and all that. I've even spoken to one of the representatives here in Tokyo-3. It's early days but it's something I'm interested in, possibly."

"Working for Nerv?"

"Yep. 'Working for Nerv is working for all of mankind'... That's actually a line from one of the pamphlets could you believe, haha. So cheesy. But it's true I guess, and what else could be as exciting. As rewarding..."

Raglan smiled as he watched the expression on Sei's face, evoking something of his own from within.

"You'll be a warrior. A warrior for all of humankind." His adoptive mother would tell him as she took his clasp hands together in her own. "Fighting elite, best of the best... My young Raglan; you'll be a leader, surely."

He struggled to mentally push aside the image of Regan Wyngarde's warm, intelligent smile.

The darkness inside the simulator was punctured by the light projections, scattering quick-fire off of the display. Emulations of the battle with the Fourth Angel. Crosshair; jumping from target to target. Statistical read-outs of movement and reaction times flashing down the HUD.

Sitting there in his plugsuit, completely focused, headphones on blaring away to Iceage's sophomore release 'You're Nothing' - The training wasn't a distraction that blotted out Raglan's thoughts, but instead it allowed him to focus. Organise and arrange himself after the past day.

And what a day it had been for the Sixth Child;

The reaffirming phone call to Tagbha. The mysterious, non-existent email. Made low by the Seventh at a mere touch. Elected captain of the Tokyo-3 First Junior High Lightning by a narrow count. And Izumi's little secret revelation - A revelation that reminded Raglan of his own thoughts on a similar topic.

The simulator paused, entering a segue screen as it started to load up a different routine.

He raised his hand, flexing his fingers twice before forming them into a tight fist, eyes searing like blue-icy fire. Tomorrow was the day. Finally. The day he had been waiting for what was the most part of his life now.

Tomorrow the Sixth would be united with his Evangelion and purpose, the designation Mark.06.

"I won't let you guys down," He uttered as he thought of the team back on Nerv-7. "I won't disappoint the Doctors Wyngarde... I will honour their memory in showing everyone they were right in their induction of me. Their choice in me."

He leaned forward keenly, grinning a wolfish smile, turning up the volume of his music player and grabbing the throttles as the simulator kicked up the next scenario. "I will be the leader and warrior I was trained to be!"

A couple hours later, after showering and changing back into his casual attire; black slim jeans, Converse hi-tops, charcoal grey tee and his trusty indigo denim jacket - Raglan was heading back home to the dorms, meandering a path through the GeoFront to the service line.

He walked past a clearing in the park, noticing the bench from those months ago now, bathed in moonlight.

He stopped, hands tucked deftly into the pockets of his jacket...

Katla. I'm sorry I haven't come and spoken to you. I'll change that. Especially since with what you've entrusted to me - I owe it to you.

Raglan was suddenly ripped from his train of thought in a daze; the ringtone of his phone piercing the deathly silence of the Administrative Park, GeoFront.

"J speaking." He stated as he hit the answer button.

"Yo, J... It's Saka..."

He recognised his companion's voice before he had even said his name; and he could hear the wince of pain present in his voice.

"Hey man! What's wrong? What's happened?"

"Ahh," Saka moaned as he moved about to find more comfort. "No. Don't worry. That's over. I'm okay. Really. It's just that there's something else I wanted to talk with you about... Needed to talk it out with someone. And it makes sense that that someone is you."

"Sure, go for it." Raglan replied.

"It's about Valda..."

His eyes widened a little, not believing where... "I... I think I like her, man..."

It was a good thing again no one else was around, to see the Sixth Child's face contort into one of mental anguish. Pinching the bridge of his nose, he simply thought; Oh, you got to be fucking kidding me.

It wasn't until later, back at the dorms, that Raglan heard about what happened to Katla Rökkvisdóttir at school earlier that day...
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

Lance of LoL
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Lance of LoL » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:03 pm

With Shirou's approval, Qi set out gathering up the other pilots. Despite searching, he'd failed to find Shiori, Raglan or Katla. His face fell as he looked back down the corridor, looking back at the others who he had gathered, the smile returned quickly to his face.

“Well then, shall we get going?” he grinned.

The group made their way more or less silently back to the dorm. Qi was quite comfortable with the lack of sound, but he was uncertain of the others in such a state. Was it normal for them to be quiet? He wasn't certain, so he decided saying nothing was likely the better course. He thought back to the table earlier today. The feeling rising in his chest. He wanted to protect Katla. That was unusual. He couldn't remember the last time he felt such a thing for one person. Qi leaned his head back and tried to think.

The blow came fast and sharp. The blunt of the truncheon spraying an arc of red across the stark white background. The young boy tottered on his feet, the blade clutched firmly in his hand.

“Step Aside Qi.” the voice was harsh, commanding. This voice was to be obeyed.

“No.” his reply was quiet. Another blow caught him in the cheek, he drifted sideways. He could see the floor coming and he shot an arm out. Crack! He fell onto his now broken wrist, letting out a cry.

“Stay down Qi.” The voice forced out his name. His name... His hand slid up next to him, the hand clutching the knife. The man stepped over him. Qi's arm shot out, the blade piercing his thigh. The man fell. Qi forced himself up. His vision sharpened. He could feel it, feel the anger, the outrage swelling inside him. He kicked and he punched, forcing his superior onto his back. The blade arced over his head, coming down towards his target. This was it. He was going to kill this man. His gleaming red eyes glanced away. The target wasn't important. He didn't care about the man who beat him. He didn't care about ending his life. Such things were trivial. He glanced away and he found his reflection. Eyes of crimson staring back at him, silver hair framing a pale face, it was exactly the same, but instead of blood and anger, tears and sadness filled the reflection. The girl was crying. The blade stopped. His superior gasped, the knife cutting into the corner of his chin.

“Qi! Stand down. The Second Directive. Repeat it!” Deng's voice bellowed from somewhere unseen. Qi's lips moved soundlessly, his eyes glossing over. “Aloud Qi.” The boy swallowed.

“Hu... Humanity is imperfect. Humanity is weak because they have emotions. A weapon has no need for such emotion. Kill the weak, improve humanity.” Qi recited from memory.

“Correct. Why did you defend her?” There was a mirthful tone to the question, Qi shuddered.

“B, because...” he couldn't find the words.

“You felt sorry for her, isn't that right?” Deng's tone was mocking now. He clearly found this amusing.

“Y, yes.”

“Leave the room Qi. Let Sergeant Zhou up. San will not be going with you.” This was an order. He was supposed to obey. He looked back to the girl. She was still crying. He shut his eyes as tears began to roll down his bruising cheeks.

“Okay Qi, get up.” Zhou said calmly, staring up at the boy. Qi's lip quivered. With one swift movement, he drove the blade into Zhou's throat. A hiss of sound, like air escaping a tire filled the room before being replaced by a wet gurgling.

“If she doesn't leave, neither do you.” Qi's whispered, his hand shaking on the blade before he wrenching it from the man's body.

“Qi! I told you to let him go!” Deng's voice boomed and Qi flinched. “Why did you do that?!” Another order, he wanted an explanation.

“The Second Directive. Kill the weak.” Qi answered automatically, his body moving on its own as he walked to the door. His sister's crying vanishing as it closed behind him.

"Shirou!!" Isaac's shout brought Qi back to reality. He blinked a few times, trying to get his bearings. Shirou was on the floor unconscious with Isaac pinned beneath him. Akio was helping him to his feet as the pair began to haul the fainting boy upstairs. He looked towards Tokei. She had begun laughing at the situation as Qi watched on, seeing the movements of her damaged face as she watched the others leave. She soon followed them upstairs for reasons he didn't know. Checking the time, he reached into his pocket and pulled out the number Valda had given him. He hadn't counted on Shirou passing out. That was likely going to affect their schedule. Making his way around the ground floor, he started searching for a means to call her.

It wasn't long before his quest for a phone was interrupted by steps on the stairs above. Walking to the bottom of the staircase, he stood just out of sight, listening to Akio and Tokei's harsh exchange. He watched as Tokei passed him, heading back to her seat. Akio made a move towards her and her words cut through the air as Qi stepped soundlessly behind her.

“Go away,” Tokei bit, burying her half masked head in her book. “I don’t feel like talking to you anymore.” He was no longer paying attention to Akio's movements. His jumbled thoughts had instead focused in on the girl before him. The pilot of Unit-04 who had slammed him against the holding platform. The confident girl who had spoken out against Valda on the first day of school. Now, she wasn't just insubordinate, she was damaged too. He reached out, his hand gripping her shoulder as he leaned towards her.

“Would you rather speak with me?” he beamed at her.

“I personally find your new appearance quite beautiful.” his voice was barely above a whisper.

“In fact, I find most people are much more appealing when you can see the flaws that make them human, don't you?” He felt the edge of the knife on his finger tips.

“It really is amazing that they replaced it, did you play a part in that?” his hand snaked up to the side of her face, his index finger tracing the contours of her mask before stopping just short of her new eye. A floorboard creaked behind him, his crimson gaze glancing back at an uncomfortable looking Akio. Qi straightened up.

“Oh, that's right. We're planning to take a trip into the city. Would you like to join us?” He asked in his usual jovial tone.

The medical staff barged through the doors of the Accident and Emergency Centre. Katla on a stretcher between them. Carter followed them hastily, a bloodstained book in one hand, his phone clutched shakily in his other.

“Come on, come on...” he muttered anxiously.

“Kiyoshi, what do you need?” The Major's voice chimed at the other end.

“Kiyoshi, it's Carter. We've just hospitalized Katla.” he calmed himself, speaking as evenly as possible as a nurse blocked his way, pointing to the 'authorised personnel only' sign on the wall.

“Wh, What?! What happened?! Did that Bastard drop the ball?!” Kiyoshi cycled through emotions of concern, fear and anger in record time.

“No, Vander's people couldn't have gotten to her any faster than I did. It's only because they were on the ball that we're even at the hospital now.” he paused. “She had a breakdown. She's never been very good at taking her medication from what I hear and stress is connected to these sort of events. It was only a matter of time I imagine.”

“Right, okay. What should I do?” Kiyoshi's unease was clear.

“I think the rest of the pilots were already gone by the time it happened, but other students did see it happen. At this point I think keeping them out of the loop is impossible. So I want you to go back to the dorm, gather them up and do damage control. Better they get the facts from you than teen gossip. I've already taken care of the rest.”

“Understood Sir. I'm on my way now.”

“Good, check in again when they're settled, I'll send along reports.” Carter finished, turning in time to see the figure looming at the entrance.

“Thank you Sir, I will.” Kiyoshi's end of the line went dead as Owen strode towards the Vice-Commander, his cane clutched firmly in his hand as he ignored the pain in his leg.

“You better have a damn good explanation of how this happened on your watch Carter.” his voice was like ice as he stared at the older man.

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Agentomega » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:01 pm

(Recommended BGM – Evangelion OST 3 – Introjection)

It all came to him as it had before. The subtle swaying of the carriage, the rhythmic clickety-clack of steel disks meeting rail, the periodic clanging of crossing bells as they whizzed by, fading off into a wail of near despair as the Doppler Effect played its timely symphony. The scenery resembled that of Tokyo-3 at sunset, the ubiquitous tangerine glow making the world appear ablaze. All his senses informed him that this was a perfectly ordinary train…

“You’re not very good at this, you know.”

Ah, and there it was. The innocent boyish voice that accompanied a face that was his, and yet was not.

Shirou quirked his eyebrow at his younger self. “Oh? Do tell.”

The boy stared up at him, wide eyed and a grin on his face that seemed all-too out of place.

“Your ideal, stupid,” the boy said cheerfully. “You’re not very good at protecting people.”

Shirou gave the boy an incredulous look and opened his mouth to speak, but was interrupted before he could exhale.

“Oh, I know what you’re about to say. You’re going to prattle on about how you were able to stop the Angel from killing your teammates. How you stepped in when your buddies were down at the arcade. Well, that’s all right and good, but it’s not nearly enough.”

Shirou was becoming incensed. “Now see here –“

“You’re always too late, Shirou.”

Qi sat down next to the boy, appearing quite disinterested in Shirou. He proceeded to stare at the end of the car as though it were the most fascinating thing since sharpening stones, holding his arms crossed in front of his chest. However, there was something strange about the way the grey-haired boy held his limbs, and it took Shirou a few moments to realize the reason. His forearms simply ended halfway between the wrist and the elbow.

Katla entered from the other direction, hobbling along with a jacket draped over her. Shirou mindlessly noted that it was Qi’s from earlier in the day. However, he noticed red splotches appearing on the ground wherever the girl walked, and traced the steadily falling droplets back to her hand. There was a considerable slit clean through the back of her hand, and given the size he presumed it likely continued through the palm. As she sat on his doppelganger’s other side, his eyes traced across her midsection, which was currently being clutched by her good arm. There was a gaping hole.

A thunderous roar echoed from the front of the train. Isaac and Valda were chased into the car by Akio, or rather, something that looked like Akio. The boy was starting to ooze blue goop, and he had a mad gleam in his eye as he advanced upon the other two. The visored girl was brutally taken down by razors that appeared from Akio’s arms, and slowly started to be consumed by the miasma. Isaac managed to subdue the feral Akio, only to be dropped by a blow to the back of the head by a guy in a Nishi High uniform. Raglan entered the fray, but was laid out by a jab to the jaw, his teeth bloodied. The student in the Nishi High uniform proceeded to wail on his fallen comrade.

Shirou had enough by this point. Positively enraged, he dragged the Nishi High bastard up with every intent of putting him down with a fierce right cross…

Only, it wasn’t a him anymore, nor was this person from Nishi High. A celadon eye observed him intently, sitting in its narrowed corner. Jet black hair framed her profile perfectly, accentuating her cute nose and lips. Keeping her stare firmly on him, Tokei’s head slowly turned.

He was barely aware of the brilliant red eye that bored dispassionately into his own. There was bone. This was a skull. If one stripped away the exterior, this is what remained. This was under everyone’s skin.

“You can’t faint in your mind, Shirou.”

But the skin was stripped away in places, signs of charring where flesh turned to bone. This was a skull, there were no two ways about it. This was death incarnate, a reminder of what was to happen. He was staring at something that was so horrendous, so grotesque…

But wait, it wasn’t nearly that bad.

He hugged the girl. As he turned to leave via the front of the car, he briefly caught the look of surprise on Tokei’s face as it was when he’d seen it in the dorms. This mirrored his own internal confusion. He had no idea where that had come from, yet he imagined it would be quite pleasant. He closed the door to the car behind him when his vision was assaulted by an ominous shape…

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Recommended BGM – Evangelion 2.22 OST – Instabilite Piano Solo)

Shirou woke up. He knew precisely what he wanted to do, what he needed to do. Leaping from the bed, he slid open his door and strode purposefully down the hall without bothering to close it. He traversed the floor to the other wing, arriving at one door in particular.

“Uh, Tokei?” He received no response and almost turned to go, when he heard some shuffling noises from inside.

“Um, I wanted to apologize for earlier. I mean, I wasn’t expecting that.” After the words left his mouth, he smacked his forehead. Idiot, elaborate!

“That is to say…” He stumbled a bit. “I was worried about you a lot. So I’m really glad that you’re ok.” He backpedaled. She’s clearly not ok, dummy. “I mean, that you’re still here and stuff. So, I’m really sorry about what happened, and I don’t intend to let it again. Uh…” He started grasping for more to say.

“So yeah, maybe we could talk about physics some more or something. I’ll catch you around.”

Brilliant work, Cicero. You’re a veritable conversational genius, he thought to himself sarcastically. He turned to return to the boy’s half of the dorm when an idea came to the front of his mind. Pausing in front of yet another door, he knocked twice and was rewarded with the presence of Major Kiyoshi.

“Miss Kiyoshi, if it’s possible, I would like to formally request that I spend tomorrow at headquarters and get in more training.”
Avatar: Rhoe Amariyo (© 2010-2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. FINAL FANTASY X|V)
Karigane Shirou in LoL's RP - Rebuild of Evangelion: We Are (Not) Together
"'I was a nerd before it was cool' ~Agent" ~Lance of LoL

Atropos
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Atropos » Wed May 01, 2013 1:45 pm

"Do you know? Do you know? Have you heard the news?"

The classroom was filled with hushed voices and dark glares. All seemed to have a single subject: Katla Rökkvisdótir. The circumstances of the girl's disappearance earlier - along with three other classmates - were as of yet unknown, so it was in Shiori's nature to assume the worst.

She probed too deep, she thought. She found out something she wasn't supposed to know, or said something she wasn't supposed to say…so those intelligence bastards took her out in one fell swoop. Those other girls were just casualties.

Her own guilt in the matter was undeniable - she had eaten lunch with the girl hours prior to her vanishment. This fact had gone unnoticed, thank the gods, but it weighed on Shiori's conscience heavily.

She felt a pair of eyes resting on the back of her neck. Inclining her head just a bit, she saw Isaac staring at her from behind his laptop. He looked terrible; something - perhaps guilt - was eating away at his insides. Shiori thought back to the conversation they'd had, and her outburst at the end. In retrospect, it was really her own fault. She'd tried to move too quickly and said too much; it was only natural that Isaac would react violently to such statements without proof or explanation. The boy couldn't be blamed at all.

She winked at him, as if to say, Hey, don't worry about it! but his attention had already been diverted. Shiori shrugged - and looked back at her laptop. On the screen, 8 digital cards were laid out in a circle - cards whose physical counterparts were tucked away in the girl's briefcase. Shiori clicked on one card - V, The Suppliant - and it turned over.

Poor girl…but those responsible for your loss will be made to pay, soon enough.

-------------------

Shiori arrived at the dormitory later than the other pilots. As she passed through the common room, she noted telltale signs of some argument that had taken place earlier - disheveled furniture, carpet slightly askew, and a bruised wall. She paid it no heed, and retired to her room.

Once there, she dropped her bookbag by the door and sat at her desk. With a swift intake of air to assert her power in the chamber, she turned her laptop on and opened an application in the toolbar.

Welcome to Towerchat!

Access: #govconspiracy

Shiori hit enter, and the chatroom opened.

ZEALOT_666 has entered the chat.

ZEALOT_666:hay guys

locke: good to c u zealot!

ZEALOT_666: yeah listen

ZEALOT_666: i got sum new info

ZEALOT_666: any1 liven in the area of New Tokyo-3

demosthenes: yeah i got a timeshare

ZEALOT_666: then u know the secret organization, NERF

demosthenes: sumthin like that, yeah

ZEALOT_666: well i got to tell you guys

ZEALOT_666: NERF

ZEALOT_666: is

ZEALOT_666: really

---------

Connection to server lost.

"Damn you!" Shiori cried, bringing a fist onto the polished wood surface of the desk. "These damned clients are disrupting my ability to advance the PLAN!"

She sighed deeply, and shut the computer. "Not like it was that important anyway," she muttered.

Aggroxcraig
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Aggroxcraig » Wed May 01, 2013 11:22 pm

With that faucet running, Isaac continued to stare into the mirror while focusing on the details of his face. Over the last couple of weeks he hasn't been sleeping well and it was apparent from the rings under his eyes. Turning off the water, Isaac watched the water drip and let out a deep sigh while he left the bathroom. Shutting the door behind him, Isaac looked at the empty hallway with all the different student rooms and tried to think on what to do next. Shirou needed some time to recover from the fainting so maybe going shopping or whatever him and Qi had in mind might take a back seat for a while. "Might as well relax until he is ok to go." Isaac whispered to himself as he headed to his room.

Turning the light on, Isaac started to look at the room with disgust from how plain it was. He knew why it was this way, but the room needed some sort of personality despite what his intention was. Isaac walked over to the desk and smirked at the stack of school books that haven't moved since he started school. Maybe I should actually study for once. But is there even a point? Sitting down on the chair, Isaac pulled out a sheet of paper from a note book and looked at the blank sheet of paper. "What am I doing?" Isaac whispered as he pulled out a pen from his pocket and clicked the pen as it hovered over the sheet of paper. "I need to explain myself and maybe this would be the best way..." Isaac thought as he started to write on the paper.

Shiori,

I just wanted to write this letter to you to explain myself. First, I'm really sorry for how I treated you earlier today. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings as I just wanted to help. It came off rude and I just want to explain to you where I am coming from. I always think about the first battle and how I didn't want to pilot. I was told by my father to get in the Evangelion and I didn't want to because he told me to. I was so mad at him that I didn't think about trying to save everyone's life from the Angel. I told him off and started to walk away from him. However, before I completely abandoned this whole piloting thing I heard your scream. It echoed in that room and it made my bones ache knowing you were hurt. To this day I can still hear your scream and the feeling of you or anyone else getting hurt made me angry. I didn't want to be responsible for what happened to anyone so I got in the Evangelion and fought the Angel.

After that battle I felt a huge amount of guilt for what happened to you and Tokei. I mean, if I had only gotten up there in time maybe you two wouldn't of received any damage. I looked at you the next day and you seemed so different. You started to call me Bridegroom and the other pilots different names. I thought the Angel did something to you and that made me feel even more guilty about the battle. I was worried about you. I felt like you hated me for what happened to you. Hell even I hated me. I should of been up there. I should of keep you safe.

Also, I have dreams about you and the others. You all die because I wasn't there to help. I was a coward ran away. Before I can even do anything it was too late. There is one dream in particular that I keep having where you die right in front of me. It haunts me every time I look at you because it reminds me of the first time we met. I am so weak and in the dream there was nothing I could do to save you. I know this is probably stupid and I totally understand if you think I'm crazy now. Hell, as far as I know I probably am.

Sorry, I'm getting way off topic. I guess I just want to let these things out. I haven't told anyone about any of this. I'm afraid of getting hurt or being seen as weird.

I'm writing way too much and it probably doesn't make any sense. Sorry. I just want to let you know that I'm sorry about everything. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings and if You hate me I totally understand. I wouldn't blame you anyways.

I really meant it when I say that I want you to be happy. I care about you and if you want to talk to me about anything I'll be there for you.

-Isaac Kenny

Isaac looked at the letter he wrote and let out a deep sigh. "Maybe this was a bad idea...I mean, she'll probably hate me even more." Isaac thought as he started to fold it into a smaller piece of paper writing 'Shiori' on one side of the paper. Holding the paper in his hand, he started to tap one of the sharp edge's against his finger. "Heh, girls are really complicated..." Isaac chuckled to himself as he stood up from his desk and walked out of his room. Heading towards Shiori's room, Isaac slid the note under the small crack from the door and walked away towards the common room where he assumed everyone else was.

BPES
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby BPES » Fri May 03, 2013 5:04 pm

Valda was sitting on a bench looking at the sky forlornly with her mask sitting in her hands for a change. She was lost in her thoughts and reflected upon her time with Sakamoto earlier; that stummer affe was dumb, brutish and irritating, but at the same time was surprisingly earnest and well meaning. Valda wondered why her conversations with him troubled her so much.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Are you sure you don’t want me to take you to the hospital?” Valda asked again as she continued shouldering Sakamoto and they headed, with his directions, towards his home.

“For the last time, NO dammit!” He growled again and Valda made a point of standing on his foot for a moment. “OW! SON OF A-!”

“I’ve changed my mind; I want to hear some damn gratitude from you.” Valda complained in response and Sakamoto grit his teeth.

“Like hell! I’m not gonna waste my damn breath on that.” He shot back and Valda stood on his foot again. “All right fine! Thanks dammit!”

“What kind of half assed thank you is that?” She scolded stepping on his foot for the third time in a row and eliciting more cursing from the boy. He turned to struggle out of her grip again but flinched badly within moments earning a frown from Valda.

“Ah whatever, we’re here.” He said pointing to a small house up ahead, although the pain in his voice was clear.

“All right then.” Valda said walking him to the door, though upon arrival she didn’t let go like he clearly expected her too.

“Uh, what are you doing?” He asked blankly.

“Waiting for you to open the damn door so we can go in.” She said simply.

“We?” he responded just as blankly as before.

“Yes we. I can’t leave you alone in that state. I may not be a doctor but I have been trained in first aid. So I’m going to patch you up as best I can and if I find anything that looks to be in terrible shape, I’m getting you to the damn hospital.” Valda stated with authority.

“Like hell you are! Why the hell would I agree to that?” He yelled. Valda just glared through her mask.

“If you don’t, I skip most of the process and drag you to the hospital. Verstehen?” Valda spoke irritably and Sakamoto just scowled but opened the door.

After offering the typical politeness upon entering the building, something that shocked Sakamoto, Valda slipped off her shoes and waited several minutes as Sakamoto painfully took his off. There was a small argument about helping him but she was never going to take his damn shoes off for him.

It didn’t take long before they wound up in Sakamoto’s bathroom, his father supposedly coming back from work sometime within the next hour, with the boy’s shirt off and Valda examining his injuries. She wasn’t expecting him to be so damn fidgety and shy about it though.

“Will you stop squirming, this is difficult enough as it is Stummer Affe!” Valda barked at him and he flinched again.

“Shut up, how the hell would you like it? And why the hell did you take your damn mask off?” He asked with a red face. Valda assumed he was getting angrier about being treated.

“Believe it or not, being such a black mask, it actually affects what I can see when I wear it. So to check your injuries I had to remove it. And yes, I understand, I hate this sort of thing too, if you forgot it wasn’t that long ago I was in hospital for much worse than this.” Valda spoke, irritation painted across her face.

“Oh… right… yeah.” He muttered looking away again.

“I can’t stand it, having people touching me like that, but it’s necessary. Just like now it’s necessary. Or to deal with those damn punks before, it was necessary. I’ll put up with it when it’s necessary, but I do hate it.” Valda prattled on as she went over a few more bruises and nodded. Nothing terrible, but he’d need a few compresses if he wanted to be able to move tomorrow.

“Wait? You hate it? But don’t you hit people all the time?” He blurted out and Valda shot him a fierce glare.

“I do NOT hit people ‘ALL the time’. I do it when necessary!” She defended aggressively before searching his bathroom for the medical supplies.

“Well… all right… but uh… why do you hate it?” He asked and Valda paused, shutting her eyes for a moment before turning away from him.

“No one wants to touch anything dirty if they can help it right? It’s basically like that.” She said before she went back to looking.

“You think everyone is dirty? What the hell is with that?!” Sakamoto’s voice rose in indignation and Valda just shook her head.

“Oh don’t take it so personally, and hold still I need to apply these.” Valda said simply, ignoring his attitude.

“Maybe I should do it myself, since I’m ‘Dirty’ and all.” He shot back and Valda glared.

“Shut up! I don’t have the time or patience to deal with your complaints. My only concern right now is to apply these as fast as possible so the bruising won’t be as bad tomorrow.” She ranted back.

“Why do you even care?” Sakamoto questioned aggressively. Valda opened her mouth to counter the statement but couldn’t find the words. Why did she care so much? He was just another idiot in the masses, another annoying presence who she just wanted to punch. Why did she care enough to help him? Why did she care enough to insist on finishing this? She wasn’t a quitter but that didn’t mean she had the patience to deal with all of this.

“… I don’t know.” Valda spoke quietly. She didn’t have an answer; she just saw him injured and struggling and wanted to help him up. The compulsion was just there, she didn’t understand it herself.

“You don’t know?” Sakamoto asked looking confused.

“Not a clue, but since it seems like I do care, shut up and let me finish patching you up!” Valda finished with her usual tone.

“F-Fine!”

“That’s better! Hmm perhaps I should ask something of you for all my help? I could use an errand boy!” Valda spoke happily.

“Go to hell!” was his response which earned a smile and a mild laugh from Valda.

“I’m kidding, who’d want you for an errand boy anyway?” She teased. Strangely he just shut up and blushed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She’d briefly met Sakamoto’s father on her way out, who made some horribly misplaced and not so subtle remarks about whether or not she was his son’s girlfriend. Valda almost knocked the man out for that but retrained herself to just her usual level of insults and left it at that.

Then she found herself here, sitting on a bench and wondering why the heck she had bothered so much with him. Her own injuries remained ignored, light though they were, and they served as a dull reminder of, not the fight earlier that day, but the ferocious possessed Evangelion unit 03.

It had tried to kill her and in response she had tried to save Akio, it had pushed her too far and so she tried to kill it and Akio in some kind of murderous frenzy. She wasn’t sure how it had happened, but her father had reassured her it was her instincts guiding her. But if those were her instincts, why did she care?

She hated it, this restlessness she’d developed, the anxiety that came up whenever she went near Akio. She was scared, scared that at any given moment she might turn on him again and finish what she had started in that battle. If only she didn’t care, then maybe she could avoid such things. Why did she even care in the first place? She was better than him, meant for greater things, she was the strongest, the best, the greatest! She shouldn’t bother with him, with any of them. She didn’t need them; they were just faceless people in the crowds. Sure the pilots had some elevated roles but that was all.

They don’t deserve your care

Suddenly, Valda’s phone began to ring and she glared at it before answering.

They don’t deserve to suffer from your ‘care’

BEEP BEEP MUTHERF******

Return to “Role-Playing Related”