[RP] Rebuild of Evangelion

General Role-Playing and collective works.

Moderator: Board Staff

Lance of LoL
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Lance of LoL » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:26 pm

Qi had been watching most of the interactions with quiet interest. He was curious just how far the conversation could go before they were silenced for giving out confidential information. It seems going so far as to describe the Evas as "Godzilla" was alright. Glancing at the new arrival, he smiled. Introductions tended to go naturally between them, so trying to give everyone's names like before would likely only waste time. Instead he decided to focus on Isaac's question.
"Yes, as I understand it, everyone in this room with the exception of yourself is a pilot for the Humanoid Weapons System Evangelion. However I don't think we should really be discussing that." He answered truthfully. Before he could continue, the door opened once again and another person stepped into the room.

The doctor looked around the children nervously. He hated talking to children, he was no good at it.
"Alright, everyone take a seat. I'm Dr. Johann Idle and I'll be taking you for orientation here..." He hesitated as he looked at Isaac. An alert went off from his hand-held. "Ah, excellent. Seems the Unit-03 and Mark.06 pilots are on base, they'll be here shortly. For now I'll go over basic procedure, pilots will likely have gone through similar at their own bases so just call this a refresher." he tried not to break his stride, if he got bogged down with distractions he would never get through this. "Long story short, you will all be moved here to Tokyo-3 for the duration of your stay, your exact living arrangements aren't my department so don't ask. While here all of you will be taking part in... Exercises here at base. We are not military, but we are professionals, don't goof around while here, follow instructions and we'll all get through this as painlessly as possible. Any questions? One at a time." He added the last part as an after-thought .
Avatar: MAKE WAY FOR THE HOMO SUPERIOR!

>>>>Rebuild of Evangelion RP "If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough."~Meister Eckhart<<<<

Nuke-kun: I know not of this "civil conversation" bullshit you speak of.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:38 pm

Tokei's hand shot into the air. "Asides from training exercises, will we have any time to perform testing on our units? I have to update Unit-04's current operation system. I meant to give it a test run today, but security dragged me out. The unit hasn't been run yet in its current appendage configuration." Tokei glanced at Shirou. "I would also ask for some time to change out of my plug suit. I don't like being ogled."

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Agentomega » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:56 pm

"I said I was sorry," Shirou muttered. I thought girls were supposed to like complements or something. I guess I need to work on that.

He sighed, and waited for Dr. Idle to finish answering her question before raising his hand next.

When he was called upon, he rose to his feet and started talking.

"I have two questions if you don't mind. First, how should I address you sir? I imagine my former posting was less formal about that sort of thing. Uh, second, exactly what sort of testing will we be undergoing? I mean, I do loads of tests back at Eden base, so I'm just curious why we're all here I guess." Shirou looked at the other pilots. "Not that it's a bad thing," he added thoughtfully, "There isn't anyone else my age at Eden to my knowledge." He then reclaimed his seat as Dr. Idle started.
Last edited by Agentomega on Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Avatar: Rhoe Amariyo (© 2010-2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. FINAL FANTASY X|V)
Karigane Shirou in LoL's RP - Rebuild of Evangelion: We Are (Not) Together
"'I was a nerd before it was cool' ~Agent" ~Lance of LoL

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:30 pm

The door to the conference room opened and Akio burst in, struggling to catch his breath. "..... hello ..... i'm Akio .... Inoue." He then quickly composed himself the best he could, knowing that he just interrupted the meeting and not wanting another incident like what happened back home at the airport, which almost lead to him being sedated for the flight to Tokyo-03. "I apologize for being late" Akio said nervously.

Akio quickly scanned the room taking note of the others. I wonder if they are all pilots like me? he said to himself. Looking for a seat he began to walk towards the table cautiously, hoping that he would not be too badly criticised for being so late.

He found a seat next to Qi and promptly sat down, still clearly nervous.
"If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid." - Me
"Has anyone ever told you how pretty your eyes are?" - Akio's most famous line.
Akio in Lance of LoL's Rebuild RP
Steam/PSN: MAGI_01 Origin: MAGI_02
Interested in a FMA based RP? Then check this out!

Atropos
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Atropos » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:45 pm

It was now Shiori's turn to ask. "You mentioned 'testing'...do you mean the repairs to Unit Zero are complete?"

Aggroxcraig
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Aggroxcraig » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:04 pm

Move..here!? What the hell is going on!? I thought...gah!! None of this makes any sense!! Isaac thought as his knuckles began to turn white from the fists he created. While he had many questions, he now knew why he was here. He recalled how his aunt and uncle reacted at the airport and realized they knew he wasn't just on vacation, but that he was actually relocating here! They knew and that explains why aunt Kagome acted the way she did.

More thoughts began to run through his head, ignoring the questions being asked towards the doctor. These other kids knew what was going on and are handling the news like it was no big deal. Why did he have to be here? They have a bunch of kids to do whatever his father has in mind. He didn't need to be here. I don't belong here. My father doesn't want me, he just needs me for this damn project. He paused as he started to think about more questions. How did he even know what his father's intentions were? Making any quick judgments was really uncalled for. Isaac, however, wasn't willing to listen to reason. He had been dealing with this bullshit his father produced all of these years and when he finally felt needed (or wanted) it was a great feeling. Shiori told him that his father talked about him. Being thought that by his father was somethig he had always secretly wanted and to hear that from the girl made him feel great. That feeling left as Dr. Johann mentioned the truth behind his true reason for being here. He was just a tool.

Isaac stood up and slammed his hands on the table, not caring if someone was talking or not. "What the hell do you mean move here!? I'm not part of this damn...experiment my asshole of a father produced! I don't know what is even going on here! The whole Evangelion thing, or whatever it's called, can be handled by these kids! They know what is going on and its pretty damn clear that I'm not even needed here." Isaac shouted as he almost felt tears coming out of his eyes. This is too much....this is just too much!! Isaac glared at the doctor and pointed at him with all his rage pouring out. "Give me one damn reason why to stay here and don't give me any bullshit!" Isaac said still standing with a conviction of both fear and hate blended into one.

Lance of LoL
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Lance of LoL » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:29 pm

The Doctor scanned the children. Almost on cue the Unit-04 pilot, Tokei, dove into action.
"Asides from training exercises, will we have any time to perform testing on our units? I have to update Unit-04's current operation system. I meant to give it a test run today, but security dragged me out. The unit hasn't been run yet in its current appendage configuration." Tokei glanced at Shirou. "I would also ask for some time to change out of my plug suit. I don't like being ogled." The doctor sighed.
"You have to realise that you're a guest in this country. The Evas are weapons and leaving so many in the hands of one country is unheard of. For now, all of the available units are on lock down. None of them are to see testing or operations until the pilots have." He answered her for now. In truth, Units 00, 01 and 04 were all being readied for launch tests, but he didn't want this child to monopolize his time with inane questions. "As for the plugsuit, you'll all see each other in them in time, so don't get pissy about it." Checking his list, he put a mark next to Tokei's name. She was going to be a problem.

Next up, Shirou stood, very militaristic like to ask his questions.
"I have two questions if you don't mind. First, how should I address you sir? I imagine my former posting was less formal about that sort of thing. Uh, second, exactly what sort of testing will we be undergoing? I mean, I do loads of tests back at Eden base, so I'm just curious why we're all here I guess." Shirou looked at the other pilots. "Not that it's a bad thing," he added "There isn't anyone else my age at Eden to my knowledge." This kid seemed normal enough, boy was he screwed.
"Call me Doctor, Dr. Idle or Johann, I don't care, I'm not a military type. As for the testing, it's for the purposes of standardizing training and performance levels for pilots. That way you all get trained in the most effective way possible and meet the same standard. No drop outs getting a by ball if their scores don't make par, you know?" he muttered, trying to concentrate on anything but the other inquisitive looks he was getting.

Before he could continue, the door slid open behind him, the Unit-03 pilot rushed in behind him. Making excuses, he took a seat next to the 07 pilot. Johann shrugged, if the kid didn't ask, he wasn't starting over. Of course, Shiori was the next to jump on the bandwagon.
"You mentioned 'testing'...do you mean the repairs to Unit Zero are complete?" he had dreaded this one.
"Unit-00 is at operational capacity, it is however, still being taken from storage for final checks, but, like I said, no one needs to worry about the Eva any time soon." Lies lies lies, who decided he was the person to do this? Reaching into his pocket, he pulled out a cigarette and lit it, one smoke wouldn't hurt the kids. Before he could steady himself however, Isaac lost it.
"What the hell do you mean move here!? I'm not part of this damn...experiment my asshole of a father produced! I don't know what is even going on here! The whole Evangelion thing, or whatever it's called, can be handled by these kids! They know what is going on and its pretty damn clear that I'm not even needed here." the kid raged, all eyes on him. From his hand-held he could hear the radio chatter as the Intelligence section questioned whether to move on a teenager. "Give me one damn reason why to stay here and don't give me any bullshit!" Isaac demanded. Johann took a quick scan of the others. It was a mixture of reactions, these children were certainly unusual. Taking a long draw of his cigarette, Johann steeled himself, looking at the boy dead on.
"Because for most of your life your father has desperately avoided bringing you into something only you can do. Look around, does it look like any of this lot are sane? I'm pretty sure the Albino there is sizing you up Silence of the Lambs style, but now is the deadline, there's no one else for it. So sit down, shut up, and listen. Good things come to those who wait, or so I'm told." Johann sucked in a deep, smoke filled breath, hurling curses at Owen Kenny for all he was worth.

>>>>Rebuild of Evangelion RP "If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough."~Meister Eckhart<<<<

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:58 pm

Tokei was seething internally, not even paying attention to the remainder of the doctor's speech. A guest in the country? Who did this man think he was talking to? For a moment, Token was prepared to slap down her Japanese government-issued immunity pass, but the urge passed. There would be a time to play for power later. Tokei made sure her face was arranged in a neutral state before mentally returning to the conversation. However, she couldn't resist making a snarky comment. "I don't care about being seen in the suit, only about having guys staring at my chest."

Atropos
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Atropos » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:18 pm

While Isaac's outburst had been amusing at first, it had raised the tension in the conference room to unbearable levels. Shiori decided to amuse herself with the Karigane kid while things simmered down.
In the folds of her shirt she always carried a notepad; she ripped a sheet from it and scribbled: 'Hi! Nice to meet you! What do you think of these people?' As an afterthought, she included a smiling caricature of herself. She folded it into thirds and handed it to him under the table.
Last edited by Atropos on Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:39 pm

Late. Very late. Raglan thought as he eyed his watch - The only material possession left to him by his parents. Parents he never knew, had no memories of. He stepped quickly down the hallway following the guide that was sent to collect him from the shuttle. Travel between Earth's surface and its moon may have become more casual with the Tabgha transit shuttle, but it still took ages. Three days all up to be told, what with proper departure procedures, re-entry in Earth's atmosphere, and then shuttle landing here in Tokyo-03. He barely had time to stretch before the Section-2 goon showed up.

Nerv HQ, huh. Two years since I've been here last and so much has changed.

"Here we are Mr Wyngarde", the goon gestured to the door. Raglan uttered a thanks and entered.

There they all were. Mostly. He recognised them from the files. Shiori Takatsuki, the pilot of Eva-00, handing a note to Shirou from Eden Base. Akio from the MIT branch in the States looking a little flustered. The child prodigy Tokei kitted out in her plug suit. The weird Chinese kid, and another who must be the Commander's own son.

Is he wearing climbing gloves? Raglan noticed as his eyes passed over Shirou Karigane again. Okay...

The room stared at him, waiting. Dr Idle looking expectantly. It was a long and awkward second, having seemingly walked in at an odd moment. "Hi everyone, sorry for interrupting, and sorry for being so late. I'm Raglan James Wyngarde, but just 'J' is fine. Pleased to meet you all, surely", finishing with a slight bow of the head. Raglan didn't notice but he was grinning again, like always.

"Doctor! It's been a while. I hope you're well." Turning to Dr Idle, Raglan fetched an envelope out of his jacket. "Major Alleyne told me to deliver this to you or the Commander, and that an accompanying email would be forthcoming shortly as well." Handing the letter to the doctor, he took a free seat - Noticing two others were still empty. The Icelander and the pilot from the German branch? The absence of the pilot of Unit-02 didn't bode well... Raglan had heard talk amongst the staff on Tabgha regarding the troubled production model. Not that anything good ever came of paying attention to hearsay, he pushed the thought aside.
Last edited by Blue Monday on Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:59 am, edited 3 times in total.

BlackberryMilk
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby BlackberryMilk » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:09 am

"Surely this is the way" Katla muttered to herself. Her long white hair swaying side to side with her echoing steps...These hallways seemed familiar, but they held a warmth and liveliness that the piercing cold of Bethany didn't have. Every which way she turned there was a new face, every hallway had groups of huddled suits that spoke a language she was still becoming acclimated to. Growing up practically alone in a frozen tomb, she wasn't used to this sea of faces, and could feel her nerves beginning to act up.

"Okay maybe I shouldn't go to this meeting, I already know what they're asking of me.."

Her otherworldly face and looks were a beacon to the employees and scientists there, and she knew it. Her face began turning pink, the only real hint of color on her whole body besides her one right eye's flash of emerald.

"Atleast the signs in the doorways have translations" Finally, her destination.

"Okay, deep breath Katla you'll be fine.. Everyone will love you."
"Thanks mom, I'm glad you came with me..."

Katla's mother disappeared in a fine mist with the door opening way to the room.

She scurried and took the farthest seat from everyone, her eyes down at all times.
PSN: HTMLOL

Aggroxcraig
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Aggroxcraig » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:33 am

"Because for most of your life your father has desperately avoided bringing you into something only you can do." What? Isaac's anger seemed to dissipate from the doctors cool composure despite Isaac's angry questions. "Look around, does it look like any of this lot are sane? I'm pretty sure the Albino there is sizing you up Silence of the Lambs style, but now is the deadline, there's no one else for it." Isaac actually took the doctor's advice and looked around at the other children. He was right, each of the children was a bit different compared to the kids he grew up with. They have been raised to do what Nerv had intended them to do. He felt sorry for each of them. He had lived a normal life and they haven't been blessed with that privilege. An unreal feeling of guilt resided in his chest as the doctor continued to talk. "So sit down, shut up, and listen. Good things come to those who wait, or so I'm told." With that Isaac took his seat feeling embarrassed and selfish for many reasons. For one, Isaac was embarrassed for acting the way he did among the people in the room. Also, for being so selfish about his own feelings forgetting what everyone else was feeling. They probably aren't to happy that their life is this way. Breathing out a small sigh Isaac watched the other children and decided that it might be best to remain silent for the rest of the meeting.

Isaac glanced at the two new comers Raglan and Katla. Raglan looked like a normal kid that seemed harmless. From this first impression, Isaac judged that Raglan might be someone who would be notorious for being late events. Probably a false judgement, but it couldn't hurt to keep in might. Katla on the other hand looked very unusual, but it was somewhat enchanting. Two different eye colors and white hair? She was very different. Isaac stared at her for a bit too long and cut it off before she noticed. We're all just so different. He thought after thinking about the group of children listening to Doctor Johann. I wonder if we'll be friends.

Isaac returned his view to the doctor and waited for some more instruction. Feeling embarrassed over his recent outburst, it was probably in his best interest to just comply to what Doctor Johann was saying. Seeing how he was going to be here for a while, he didn't want to already ruin his reputation after a day one. Gah, I feel like such an idiot. I shouldn't of said anything. I probably successively chased off any potential friends today.

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:18 am

"Oh!" Akio stood up and pulled a very plain looking envelope out of his pocket and handed it to the Doctor. "I was instructed to give this to you, it contains information on all of the remaining tests needed to clear Unit-03 for operation."

Akio, clearly anxious sat back down and continued "Do you know if my brother, Kiro is being transferred here also? He is an intern back home at the MIT branch and helped to develop some of Unit-03's systems." Akio looked down at his feet, clearly trying to avoid eye contact with everyone in the room.

I wonder if I will make friends with any of the other's here? Akio thought to himself. He then scanned the room again, but quickly returned to looking at his feet. Everyone looks like a genuinely good person, hopefully I can get acquainted with them after this briefing is done. Getting lost in thought, Akio quickly snapped himself out of it and focused all of his attention on the Doctor, not wanting to miss anymore details.
"If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid." - Me
"Has anyone ever told you how pretty your eyes are?" - Akio's most famous line.
Akio in Lance of LoL's Rebuild RP
Steam/PSN: MAGI_01 Origin: MAGI_02
Interested in a FMA based RP? Then check this out!

Lance of LoL
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Lance of LoL » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:54 am

Johann took a deep breath. He hated dealing with children. Looking at the envelopes he'd been handed, he figured there was no more point in stalling. One last question and they were moving on.
"No, there's no transfers scheduled, but the First Branch has been in contact about the system updates, and we're having their staff talk us through it." Johann moved aside those notes on his hand-held. The amount he worked he was sure he was going to die with this thing in hand. Looking around one last time, he counted off in his head. Seven in all, seven teenagers. This was going to be a joy...
"Right. Next order of business, I'm going to talk you through some of the more general things you'll be doing here. For one, school. All of you are to attend classes during your stay here. I don't care if some of you have doctorates, you're all being entered into the same class for the duration. And while I said before I have no bearing on your living arrangements, I can cover some of the more general rules. You represent Nerv, don't make asses of yourselves. You are valuable personnel, so don't be surprised by the Intelligence section, they will be watching you and finally, you're teenagers, do not give me grief." Johann bustled through the list as hastily as he could. He had to move this along, there was one more thing before he could hand them off to Miki...

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:42 am

Tokei yawned. Loudly. "We need to go to school, Intelligence is watching us, we're teenagers, etcetera," she said, sarcastically. "I'm sure that you think that this is a wonderfully invigorating topic, but I'm sure we'd all appreciate it if you could get us out of here." Rude, yes; but if she had to listen to this man and his woefully boring speech any longer, she was going to quietly go insane.

BlackberryMilk
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby BlackberryMilk » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:14 pm

Katla was surprised at the behaviours of the other children, so cut-throat, so emotional. She was worried, thinking that this was how she was supposed to be acting, maybe she had been so far away from people for so long she had forgotten to act like a human being..

Alright, I can change this... what would a teenager say right now.. In a panic and desperate move for connection to the others Katla blurted out "WHEN IS LUNCH?!"

The second these words escaped, Kat knew this was a bad idea. The entire world and it's orbiting planets stopped their godly rotations and all faced the red faced girl. Idiot, you idiot! Now you've done it. She could feel the harsh and confused stares from everyone in the room, the weight of it all pushing her down in her seat, almost a puddle on the floor.

"I think, I need to use the restroom, please excuse me..." Katla bowed out of the room, walking backwards and bowing the whole way out. The silence in the room continued for several seconds after she had left. Her mother stood laughing, arms folded, leaning against the wall out in the hallway waiting for her return.
PSN: HTMLOL

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:44 pm

Raglan grinned, watching the varied reactions to Dr Idle's announcement. His lessons and tutorials were mandatory back on Tabgha, so the news wasn't any great shock.

School. A real-life, regular school! The prospect was exciting.

Yes, Raglan enjoyed learning, but the last thing he had attended to being anything like a real school were classes back at the orphanage when growing up. And to be honest, his life at the orphanage wasn't all that different from his time spent with Nerv, or more specifically, at Tabgha Base in recent years.

Vaguely noticing Katla burst from the room, having missed her exclamation, Raglan's mind began to wander - Thinking about all the coming opportunities. The only thing that nagged at his thoughts was the status of his designated Evangelion; the Mark.06. Raglan knew the letter he handed to the doctor contained news on further delays, but it was coded with a cipher; so what the specifics were, he had no clue. Maybe he could ask the doctor later when he had read the email the Major mentioned. Maybe...

Even with the Treaty, the training retreat was still amassing the other pilots Evas. So how was Raglan supposed to participate in the retreat when his unit was still, as far as he knew, heavily under construction? He recalled the last glimpse of the Mark.06, days earlier, from his mind:

SPOILER: Show
Last edited by Blue Monday on Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

Lance of LoL
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Lance of LoL » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:19 am

Qi smiled happily. Seeing so many lively people was new to him. Back home the atmosphere was so dreary, even those he worked with ate, slept and breathed Eva, a topic rarely revolving around the perfection of systems and machines. He could never even tell their interests besides the odd picture stuck in a locker door or a book tucked neatly away in a trunk.

Seeing Katla back out of the room, he gave her a long look. Mis-matched eyes, a genetic anomaly. She would be interesting. His attention slowly drifting back to the Doctor, his thoughts came to school. He knew the dictionary definition of the term, but he had never attended one. All his training was on base, so the idea of being around other children his age gripped him with excitement. Tapping his hand on the table, it ran through motions from his Entry plug. Begin signal test, confirm, align sights, test fire. Over and over the same rhythm as he continued to smile at everyone.

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Agentomega » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:45 am

Shirou gaped at Tokei's flippant reaction to the Doctor's statement. Sure, he had received education while at Eden base, but it did seem like a kind of good idea... and then -

"WHEN IS LUNCH?!" Katla blurted.

Shirou shut his mouth, and turned his focus to the white-haired girl, pensively. Stunned, he was stunned. All this was so chaotic, so out of hand... Was this how other 14 year olds were? Not to mention 14 year old girls at that - he wasn't used to it. It was... interesting, not necessarily in a bad way.

He watched as she ran out of the room, and his train of thought was interrupted by a loud growl emanating from his own stomach. He turned to Idle, scratching the back of his head sheepishly and said, "She has a point Doc - when's lunch?"
Avatar: Rhoe Amariyo (© 2010-2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. FINAL FANTASY X|V)
Karigane Shirou in LoL's RP - Rebuild of Evangelion: We Are (Not) Together
"'I was a nerd before it was cool' ~Agent" ~Lance of LoL

Atropos
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Atropos » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:50 am

Shiori had to clamp a hand over her mouth to cover her laughter.
"They're right, Doctor," she said through gasps for air. "Do we have anything else to do, or are we dismissed?"

Return to “Role-Playing Related”