Geofront/Moon Stuff

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
qu4d
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby qu4d » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:21 pm

The thing that comes out during 4th Impact...

...lies on the side now in Final. What is that thing?!

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:04 pm

Black Moon or part of thereof?
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

Darkwing
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Darkwing » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:17 pm

Some horrible eldritch abomination?
Some sort of spaceship/ark?
A giant screw?
The worlds largest piece of modern art?
I have no freaking clue.
I'm not sure what I feel about Eva anymore, but I'm pretty sure I don't actually enjoy the series anymore.

Jinroh
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Jinroh » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:02 pm

I don't understand what I see in this picture:

Can anyone enlighten me? What is it? I thought it was earth but are we looking at it from earth? It's the moon? But it's awfully close...

Ramiel²
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Ramiel² » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:11 pm

View Original PostJinroh wrote:I don't understand what I see in this picture:

Can anyone enlighten me? What is it? I thought it was earth but are we looking at it from earth? It's the moon? But it's awfully close...

APPARENTLY this is meant to be the moon as in that thing that orbits the earth for millenia allready.

As to why it is so close
As to why it has something that resembles an atmosphere
As to why it has this pattern on it that resembles the Process from EoE where the black moon is getting cut for its blowing up-process.

No
Fucking
Clue

But its Shinjis fault apparently

If The near-3rdimpact was really so destructive as the 2nd which caused Seasons to vanish this COULD MAYBE have happened. But as a Physics-student the thought alone is making me sweat stress and rage.
No Seasons - Ok
Moon which fills the sky and has his own atmosphere with no Gravitational Effect on the Earth - Not ok

Jinroh
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Jinroh » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:36 pm

View Original PostRamiel² wrote:Moon which fills the sky and has his own atmosphere with no Gravitational Effect on the Earth - Not ok

Yeah same here, that's what I don't understand. I wonder if it's just some kind of optical illusion or if the moon really got that close to earth. That's strange.

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

•      
  •      

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:49 pm

Last edited by Seele00TextOnly on Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jinroh
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Jinroh » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:51 pm

The moon seems to be actually lying on earth itself... Did it fall from the sky? haha...

The teeth are indeed disturbing, but there's another opening on the bottom.

It's as if we missed something even bigger than the avorted third impact during the 14 years gap.
Last edited by Jinroh on Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ramiel²
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Ramiel² » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:57 pm

Well from what i can deduce this Rip in the Surface is what happened when the Hyper-Halo appeared above Tokyo 3 and the surface got that X-Rip.

To deduce more out of it we have to see it in better quality.

I honestly would be more satisfied with that what suppusodly is the moon beeing the contents that were elevated from shinjis impact in 2.0 just so it would make actually somewhat sense.
The white ( dont even care why it had to be white) moon erupting and hovering as a sign of Work in progress - please resume later to finish impact.

But do bad we actually see the black moon coming forth from the ground where NERV/Old-Tokyo3 is when 4I is happening so yeah.

If it isnt a stilyzed Vision to show Shinji what has happened then this is really our beloved Trabant of our Planet, just fucking to close for comfort and with a new tan.

K40s
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby K40s » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:21 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:Image
this, the inverted pyramid on the pylon, we see this when Kaworu shows Shinji what happened, but what is it? is the pyramid thing that was inside Geofront? Nerv HQ I believe? the thing that Shinji kicks during his tantrum after the dummy system takeover of Unit-01 when fighting Asuka in the infected Unit-03 in NME 2.22... if so how it ended up there and why it's upside down?

or maybe it's not Nerv HQ but the pyramid pit outisde the Nerv HQ pyramid, only that unearthed from the bottom of Geofront and seen from the outside?? isn't that the main shaft to central dogma??

Ramiel²
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Ramiel² » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:30 pm

View Original PostK40s wrote:this, the inverted pyramid on the pylon, we see this when Kaworu shows Shinji what happened, but what is it? is the pyramid thing that was inside Geofront? Nerv HQ I believe? the thing that Shinji kicks during his tantrum after the dummy system takeover of Unit-01 when fighting Asuka in the infected Unit-03 in NME 2.22... if so how it ended up there and why it's upside down?

or maybe it's not Nerv HQ but the pyramid pit outisde the Nerv HQ pyramid, only that unearthed from the bottom of Geofront and seen from the outside?? isn't that the main shaft to central dogma??

There was once a picture fanmade that tried to explain this but i dont have it here.

The Pyramid upside down was beneath the Pyramid which embodied the Nerv HQ if i recall correctly and the shaft beneath it is the Shaft that leads to the Central Dogma.

For whatever reasons it wasnt destroyed, probably due to AT field magic or something like that as it has a direct connection to the room of lilith.

K40s
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby K40s » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:02 pm

View Original PostRamiel² wrote:There was once a picture fanmade that tried to explain this but i dont have it here.

The Pyramid upside down was beneath the Pyramid which embodied the Nerv HQ if i recall correctly and the shaft beneath it is the Shaft that leads to the Central Dogma.

For whatever reasons it wasnt destroyed, probably due to AT field magic or something like that as it has a direct connection to the room of lilith.
Ah yes, I've seen that image! Anyway, my taking on it is like this:
So where Shinji, ReiQ and Kaworu are hanging out is just above Central Dogma, and ReiQ spends her time waiting for orders naked in her "room" and taking baths inside the Central Dogma Reiquarium tube.
And Terminal Dogma is where Lilith's decapitated body, and her creepy Rei head, Mk. 06 and the lances are, right?

Pretty much all the Geofront, NERV HQ and Tokio-3 are gone and the inverted pyramid with the shaft are exposed... no wonder everybody hates Baka-Shinji.

Just for reference:
Last edited by K40s on Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:07 pm

I put together a couple of composites of the bizarre Geofront features from the Kaworu 3I exposition speech.

A "open mouth with teeth", and an "iris" at the bottom:

SPOILER: Show

The pyramid on the podest, coming out of an "iris" (that "failures of Infinity" are clamoring into). Another shot from later in the film included to provide an alternate POV:

SPOILER: Show

I think it may be very likely that the Black Moon in NME is literally shaped like a head, and 3I (and perhaps the implied subsequent events that Kaworu didn't bother to tell Shinji about) simply exposed these features. This ties into weirdness from as early as 1.0, when we saw that Level EEE of the Geofront possessed a giant, fluid-filled, housing giant neurons, of all things.

(Maybe we need a separate thread for the bizarro Geofront stuff? What do ya'll think?)
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

K40s
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby K40s » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:12 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:Image
This pic is what confuses me a bit, is that supposed to be Nerv HQ pyramid split open to reveal that pylon?

or is just some random feature and Nerv HQ is completely gone and the pylon thing is the shaft like in my diagram??

Ramiel²
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Ramiel² » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:23 pm

I think Both your Collages shut be put somewhere easier to see. Either new Thread or maybe as added information in the Thread Explanation of 3.0.

..Everytime i see this images i want to know more what happened in those 14 Years...

Jinroh
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Jinroh » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:25 pm

Well actually the Geofront would look like that:

But I don't think it's the same in NME. It's probably the giant screw thingie. Considering it's supposed to be a spaceship of some sort, it's not really surprising.

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

•      
  •      

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:26 pm

Last edited by Seele00TextOnly on Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.

K40s
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby K40s » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:20 pm

View Original PostSeele00TextOnly wrote:No, it's the four corners that peeled up to the heavens at the end of 2.0. Only now there's a giant pole coming up from them. Which is why I think the diagram from the previous post involving the inverted pyramid can't be accurate; the podest is newly sprung up and wasn't there before. in the bottom of tallest pic that Reichu composited, you can see those upwards curling corners from a radically different angle, at the very bottom. Two of the sections are fully visible, with just a peek at a third at the bottom left.
Yes, I remember seeing that during Near 3rd Impact, but was it Nerv HQ pyramid that was peeling up like that or was it another structure?

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

•      
  •      

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:30 pm

Last edited by Seele00TextOnly on Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby bladerj » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:33 pm

wow i cant believe you guys manage to see that with a shitty camrip. cant wait to see what you dig up when the bd comes out. the teeth thing is...eerie.

Btw what is failures of infinity ? are they the failed evolution from third impact of failed eva creations from nerv ?
ANATA BAKA !?

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”