What do you think Anno does with all of his Evangelion money

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

What do you think Anno does with all of his Evangelion money

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:54 am

You've all had the question at least once or twice. Now, the time has come to spread these ideas out into the open! What do you think Anno does with his cash?

Personally, I think he eats it for breakfast and is currently building a 1:1 scale Evangelion entirely out of cash.

Ambrosia
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Ambrosia » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:26 pm

I think he uses it to wipe his bottom after going to the loo. Or maybe he smokes money joints.

C.A.P.
Wabbit Duelist
Wabbit Duelist

•      
  •      

Postby C.A.P. » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:27 pm

Buying Sailor Moon doujinshi. Lots and lots of Sailor Moon doujinshi.
Last edited by C.A.P. on Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Free-associative internet ravings know no proprietors."-Azathoth
"Cinema's value is that it is inhuman."-chee
"I only meant to stay a while."-ELO

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:27 pm

View Original PostAmbrosia wrote:I think he uses it to wipe his bottom after going to the loo. Or maybe he smokes money joints.

Neither one of those are frivolous enough. I have heard tell that he uses the money to purchase solid diamond horses for each of his ex-wives.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:32 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:solid diamond horses for each of his ex-wives.
That's not going to be a very large outlay.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:33 pm

No, not diamonds carved into the shape of a horse; I mean actual living horses that are made out of diamonds. This is the story that I have heard told.

Lance of LoL
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Lance of LoL » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:40 pm

Clearly he is using it to fund the construction of his very own Geofront. Inside which he will recreate NERV HQ as a secret underground animation company which launches New Eva based Releases into the streets of the city above via giant, discretely created elevators. Finally, when he's milked the franchise for all its worth and perfectly recreated all that he has designed, he will use the excess funds to buy Tokyo, rename it Tokyo-3 and sink the rest into Genetic research to recreate the angels and the Eva series.

At this time the hideous plan will finally be realised, while we all thought it was just an insane franchise Anno was actually giving us forewarning of his organisation's evil plan as he goes ahead and shows off the word SEELE 01 tattoo'ed on his butt and brings Instrumentality to the world.

Failing this insanity, he clearly uses it for drugs, how else would he create more Eva merch'?
Avatar: MAKE WAY FOR THE HOMO SUPERIOR!

>>>>Rebuild of Evangelion RP "If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough."~Meister Eckhart<<<<

Nuke-kun: I know not of this "civil conversation" bullshit you speak of.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:42 pm

View Original PostLance of LoL wrote:Clearly he is using it to fund the construction of his very own Geofront. Inside which he will recreate NERV HQ as a secret underground animation company which launches New Eva based Releases into the streets of the city above via giant, discretely created elevators. Finally, when he's milked the franchise for all its worth and perfectly recreated all that he has designed, he will use the excess funds to buy Tokyo, rename it Tokyo-3 and sink the rest into Genetic research to recreate the angels and the Eva series.

At this time the hideous plan will finally be realised, while we all thought it was just an insane franchise Anno was actually giving us forewarning of his organisation's evil plan as he goes ahead and shows off the word SEELE 01 tattoo'ed on his butt and brings Instrumentality to the world.

Failing this insanity, he clearly uses it for drugs, how else would he create more Eva merch'?

Truly, you are a worthy addition to our ranks. The scary part is that I would believe Anno was actually doing these things.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:45 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:This is the story that I have heard told.
Anno doesn't have any ex-wives. Until Moyoco claimed him, he was just another ronery otaku.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:47 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:Anno doesn't have any ex-wives. Until Moyoco claimed him, he was just another ronery otaku.

If this is so, then what does Anno talk about at the end of episode 25', when he thanks the "three women" involved in the makings of Evangelion?

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:14 pm

I think it sits in a pile in a corner of his residence. I wouldn't be surprised if Anno is one of those rich people who feels guilty about their success.

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:If this is so, then what does Anno talk about at the end of episode 25', when he thanks the "three women" involved in the makings of Evangelion?

If I recall correctly isn't he referring to the 3 voice actors for Shinji, Rei, and Asuka?
Last edited by CJD on Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:14 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:If this is so, then what does Anno talk about at the end of episode 25', when he thanks the "three women" involved in the makings of Evangelion?

Who knows? They may not even be real.

'Anno's talking to the water cooler, again. Should I...?'
'No, no...just leave it. Kikyo is where he gets the best ideas.'
'.....Kikyo?'

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:31 pm

Women and cocaine.

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:36 pm

View Original PostFireball wrote:Women and cocaine.

Or...women made of cocaine.

Darkwing
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Darkwing » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:43 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:Neither one of those are frivolous enough. I have heard tell that he uses the money to purchase solid diamond horses for each of his ex-wives.

No no dude I said he buys them for his wife, singular. No exes.

Alternatively he uses it to pay for therapy for all the kids whose parents accidently rented Evangelion for them to watch thinking that since it was animated it had to be 4 Kids.
I'm not sure what I feel about Eva anymore, but I'm pretty sure I don't actually enjoy the series anymore.

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:21 pm

Anno probably doesn't feel guilty about the money but it's well known he doesn't simply care much for it (so before Rebuild started I wouldn't be surprised if most of it was just pooling in his bank accounts). It played no big part in his life or interests, just like food. There was that one book written about him in late 90s that spent time wondering about his habits of sleeping in trains and not giving fuck about money or food*

*Anno actually gaining some sort of interest in food later was reflected in Rebuild 2.0's food motifs and in interview he IIRC attributed the change in him to his wife.

View Original PostC.A.P. wrote:Buying Sailor Moon doujinshi. Lots and lots of Sailor Moon doujinshi.

Nah, that would've been early 90s before he got rich and artsy.

We do know based on some tv doc (though I can't remember if it was from Hideaki Anno talks to kids or Love & Pop making of material) some of the money went into buying some expensive toy robot with the classic "it's for a kid" lines following the purchase making :lol:

Later on in 00s he wasted a ton on tokusatsu DVDs going by Moyoco's manga or something like that.

Oh and he also bought tickets to Zeta Gundam films and nerd raged mightily afterwards :hahaha:

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Agentomega » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:32 pm

View Original PostLance of LoL wrote:Clearly he is using it to fund the construction of his very own Geofront. Inside which he will recreate NERV HQ as a secret underground animation company which launches New Eva based Releases into the streets of the city above via giant, discretely created elevators. Finally, when he's milked the franchise for all its worth and perfectly recreated all that he has designed, he will use the excess funds to buy Tokyo, rename it Tokyo-3 and sink the rest into Genetic research to recreate the angels and the Eva series.

LoL-kun, I couldn't have expressed it better myself. (Seriously, I was legit about to post something along those lines, and then I saw yours and was like "His is better" XD)
Avatar: Rhoe Amariyo (© 2010-2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. FINAL FANTASY X|V)
Karigane Shirou in LoL's RP - Rebuild of Evangelion: We Are (Not) Together
"'I was a nerd before it was cool' ~Agent" ~Lance of LoL

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:37 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:Oh and he also bought tickets to Zeta Gundam films and nerd raged mightily afterwards :hahaha:

In what way?

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:54 pm

View Original PostFireball wrote:In what way?

I just went to look for page and it looks like my memory faltered a bit. It was about Gundam The Ride

translating last two panels:

Moyoco: ahhhh that was fun! I'm so glad Amuro saved us
Anno: Movement's timing was way too fast!
Anno: Why didn't they do it in Gundam III's speed!
Moyoco: eeeep.... how strict...

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby A.T. Fish » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:57 pm

I think a good portion of his money went into founding Khara, so it's safe to assume he invests in making more anime.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”