[News] 2013 News (NO POLITICS)

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:03 pm

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:Am I missing something?

Katamari Damacy is one of the most nonsensical, time wasting games that I can imagine for the PS2. It was awesome.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:10 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:Katamari Damacy is one of the most nonsensical, time wasting games that I can imagine for the PS2. It was awesome.

I know what it is, I was just wondering why it would be missed. I thought you were going to post an article revealing that the series had been for-sure cancelled or something. It's not like all PS2s in the world spontaneously exploded or anything. I'm playing mine right now actually. P3FES.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Redtophat
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Redtophat » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:28 pm

^ Not Digital Devil Saga? I'm disappointed.

(I love P3FES)

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:05 am

There seems to be a trend starting

http://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/ex-pinup-brigitte-bardot-says-will-seek-russian-citizenship-if-sick-elephants-euthanized/2013/01/04/f0f003dc-567c-11e2-89de-76c1c54b1418_story.html
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:10 am

Hetalia was almost right, "everyone will become one with Russia" or at least "all the French VIPs will become Russians".
Last edited by Hyper Shinchan on Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

Postby A.T. Fish » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:13 am

Mr. Tines wrote:http://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/ex-pinup-brigitte-bardot-says-will-seek-russian-citizenship-if-sick-elephants-euthanized/2013/01/04/f0f003dc-567c-11e2-89de-76c1c54b1418_story.html

She doesn't have her looks anymore so that shouldn't convince anyone. Au revoir, madame Bardot, go save the lynxes in Russia.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:21 pm

View Original PostA.T. Fish wrote:She doesn't have her looks anymore so that shouldn't convince anyone. Au revoir, madame Bardot, go save the lynxes in Russia.

Or, failing that, at least the ocelots.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:44 am

Torture is fine, disclosing its use is not, another significant victory for democracy, transparency and civil rights.
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:40 am

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:Torture is fine, disclosing its use is not, another significant victory for democracy, transparency and civil rights.

I tried to type so many things in this space but they all came out as "hbdgbabadabawuwu". Words fail me -- not that I didn't already know this kind of stuff was going on, but, man, for it to be so in-your-face.
System Administrator

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

Postby UrsusArctos » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:40 am

Friendly reminder: NO POLITICS.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:45 am

The whole NO POLITICS thing still keeps puzzling me, Depardieu getting Russian citizenship because of Hollande's new taxation rates doesn't count as politics?

Anyway, I guess that Brigitte Bardot will change her mind after reading this.
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:22 pm

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:Depardieu getting Russian citizenship because of Hollande's new taxation rates doesn't count as politics?
Reporting the surprising fact of a unilateral move by Putin, rather than commenting on what it takes to make a Frenchman move to Wallonia.

Meanwhile, in China, a guy takes out a hit on his own son, with the very best of intentions.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:33 pm

Here's the original article:
http://game.people.com.cn/n/2012/1228/c48662-20041705.html

translation (from Asuki):
23岁的小冯从初中就开始接触网页小游戏,上了高中后,他开始和班里的同学一起玩网络游戏,对于游戏,小冯 很有天赋,很快就成了朋友圈里的"游戏达人"。 但由于学习成绩一直不错,游戏也是闲了玩,家人并没在意,最近,工作不如意,钻在家里玩游戏,不想老爸"想 多了",以为他沉溺游戏,竟雇人"对付”自己,让自己一下成了"游戏菜鸟"。

Twenty-three-year-old Feng had been playing simple Web-based games since junior high school. From high school, he and his classmates started playing online games together. Feng proved talented, and quickly became the top player among his friends.

Because his grades had always been not bad, and also because he was playing during his spare time, Feng's parents did not mind his gaming habit. However, due to his recent problems at work, Feng buried himself at home playing games. Little did he realise that this would cause his father to "worry excessively". Thinking that his son had become addicted to games, the elder Feng actually hired hitmen to "tackle" his son online, effectively turning Feng into a "gaming rookie" once more.

小冯的父亲说:"我想着这样一来,他或许就会对游戏失去兴趣,从而把注意力转移到找工作上。"

听父亲这么说,小冯关了电脑,一直以来,简历倒是投了不少,面试的公司也去了好几家,之前也在一家软件开发 公司上过三个月的班,但工作并不顺心,"那不是我想做的,对我也没有多大的发展空间。"小冯认 真地说。

至于窝在家里玩游戏,小冯表示,不是非玩不可,实在是没找上合适的工作,没事玩玩罢了。

The elder Feng said: "I thought by doing this, my son may lose interest in games, and therefore turn his focus back to looking for a job."

Upon hearing his father's words, Feng shut down his computer. Since then, he had submitted quite a few resumes and had been interviewed by quite a number of companies. Before his gaming streak, Feng had worked in a software company for about three months. But he disliked the job. He said seriously: "It wasn't what I wanted to do, and it didn't offer me a great deal of career prospects."

"其实,遇上这事,只是觉得奇怪,也没想到玩了几天游戏,竟让老爸误会了。工作,我是不想将就,想多给自己 一点时间,找一个适合自己的。游戏真的是可玩可不玩。"听小冯这么说,冯先生才放下心来。

"Actually, to become a target of online hitmen felt a bit strange. I didn't expect that playing online games for a few days would cause my father to misunderstand me. When it comes to my career, I don't want to just make do. I want to give myself a bit more time, to find a job that suits me. I can really stop gaming at any time," said Feng. His father is relieved to hear this.

The Kotaku version twisted it to suit their agenda.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:36 pm

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:29 pm

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Fireball » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:47 pm

Not surprising if true. Kinski was a certified fruit loop.

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:50 pm

Sad but I wouldn't be one bit surprised. Kinski was one fucked up guy

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby MAGI_01 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:26 pm

AMD Announces World's First x86 Quad-Core System-on-Chip
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/AMD-x86-Quad-Core-System-on-a-Chip-CES,20349.html

Anyone else surprised by this? With AMD being in financial trouble I would not have expected this at this point... well at least from them anyway.
"If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid." - Me
"Has anyone ever told you how pretty your eyes are?" - Akio's most famous line.
Akio in Lance of LoL's Rebuild RP
Steam/PSN: MAGI_01 Origin: MAGI_02
Interested in a FMA based RP? Then check this out!

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:25 pm

View Original PostMAGI_01 wrote:AMD Announces World's First x86 Quad-Core System-on-Chip
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/AMD-x86-Quad-Core-System-on-a-Chip-CES,20349.html

Anyone else surprised by this? With AMD being in financial trouble I would not have expected this at this point... well at least from them anyway.

In financial trouble? Doesn't bother me, but instead I'd say this new scheme should also reduce the costs of owning a tablet or laptop.

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:26 pm

Draghi announced the [url=http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/greece/9793687/Greek-goddess-Europa-to-feature-on-five-euro-notes.html[/url]Europa series[/url] of Euro banknotes, detailed images in the ECB's website.
Last edited by Hyper Shinchan on Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”